PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some Feedback/Advice

chaossdragon
2013-02-22, 02:48 AM
Hey guys, first timer here (to the forums). Long time D-n-D'r.

Couple of friends and myself are getting ready to start a dual campaign. One friend is the DM for both sessions, All but myself are part session A, while I am part of session B. Essentially I am the 'great evil' and my plans and mechinations are the meat of their campaign. They still have side adventures and such, but allowing for some character growth and backstory development before everything comes to a head and we all face off.

As for evil designs and plot twists, I am pretty solid... I have a character concept that I am toying with and wanted to hear some feedback and maybe some advice.

Gestalted Human, Swordsage / Spellthief with a henchman NPC cleric.

Stats:
STR: 8 DEX: 16 CON: 10 INT: 16 WIS: 10 CHA: 16

Initial Feats: Adaptive Style, and Kung Fu Genius(with DM's permission to swap 'monk' for 'swordsage')

Overall goal, to aim for PRC Telflammar Shadowlord.

Thanks in advance.

chaossdragon
2013-02-23, 04:38 AM
Is this idea so useless that no one wants to acknowledge it?

ArcturusV
2013-02-23, 04:47 AM
Well, it's not that. It's that looking at it it's about the complete opposite way that I'd have done it. So I don't have a great frame of reference to work off of. I usually go with the things I think (And thus it's personal and mileage may differ, etc), makes a great villain. Which is story, motivations, emotions, etc. The mechanics are the last thing I look at. By the time I have all that out I usually have a rough idea of what I need to use mechanically (Even if it's not "good", build wise).

ksbsnowowl
2013-02-23, 10:41 AM
Telflammar Shadowlord is good. Multipouncing is good :smallwink:
(I just introduced a multipouncer to my PC's last week. They were baffled.)

TSL 5 gets you the ability to make a Ref save to discorporate for a day instead of dying. Make sure to get a means to reroll saves (there is an amulet in the Mini handbook, among other things... Amulet of Fortune Prevailing)

There are several magic items in MIC that can help you pounce, too. Boots that let you T-port 20 feet as a move action 5 times per day (so you don't have to use Adaptive Style every other round), and the anklet of translocation.

Another thing to look into, is the Sepulchral Thief template From Citiscape. Makes you into a "thief lich," and a second way to survive "dying." It's LA is +6, though...

Lastly, though it does not have an LA, see if the DM will allow you to be a Phantom (MM5). You are supposed to be the BBEG, so the DM may waive the fact it doesn't have a listed Level Adjustment.