PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Build Advice...

Honeko
2013-02-22, 03:21 AM
Alright, I'm looking for advice on optimizing this build, without taking too much of what the character is away. Basically, he's an overconfident, loud, drunk dwarf. He believes he can take on anything and everything, drink anyone under the table and walk out of the bar barely tipsy. A real Dwarfy Dwarf. He prefers to fight with his hands, but keeps a Dwarven Waraxe equipped. Thinking of giving him an animated shield. I want him to be a melee tank, tons of Con, and HP, thus Barbarian, Fist of the Forest, and Deepwarden. Can change Barbarian levels for Runescarred Berserker, or Frenzied Berserker, though I think I like Runescarred better. I see him as a small-sized dwarf(A small fuzzy ball of raging death), with the Big Folk Feat line, but he could be medium too.

With that in mind, the things that can not change are Barbarian, Fist of the Forest, and Deepwarden, and thus Dwarf. Levels can be rearranged, gotten later, etc, as long as they are there. We'll assume 32 point buy, with an 18 Con before Racial Adjustment, 2 flaws and a full level 20 build.

So...
With an INT of 10, we get something like...

Ranger 1 > +1 BAB, Survivor, Power Attack(Flaw), Iron Will(Flaw); Handle Animal 4, Survival 4, Climb 4, Jump 4, Heal 4, Know(Local-Rashemen) 2
Fighter 1 (Pugilist) > +2 BAB, Improved Unarmed Strike, Endurance, Great Fortitude(Bonus); Know(Dungeon) 2
Barbarian 1 > +3 BAB, Rage 1/day, Ice Troll Berserker; Know(Dungeon) 5, Survival 5
Barbarian 2 > +4 BAB, Climb 5, Heal 5, Jump 5, Craft(Scarring) 1
Fist of the Forest 1 > +5 BAB, Sense Motive 2
Deepwarden 1 > +6 BAB, Craft(Scarring) 5, Intimidate 2, 1 Feat
Deepwarden 2 > +7 BAB, Intimidate 5, +3 skills
Runescarred Berserker 1 > +4 Skills
Fist of the Forest 2 > 1 Feat +2 Skills
Fist of the Forest 3 > +2 Skills
Runescarred Berserker 2 > +4 Skills
Runescarred Berserker 3 > 1 Feat, +4 Skills
Runescarred Berserker 4 > +4 Skills
Runescarred Berserker 5 > +4 Skills
Runescarred Berserker 6 > 1 Feat, +4 skills
Runescarred Berserker 7 > +4 Skills
Runescarred Berserker 8 > +4 Skills
Runescarred Berserker 9 > 1 Feat, +4 Skills
Runescarred Berserker 10 > +4 Skills
Barbarian 3 > +4 Skills

With an INT of 12 and small size, we get something like...

Ranger 1 > +1 BAB, Survivor, Power Attack(Flaw), Iron Will(Flaw); Handle Animal 4, Survival 4, Climb 4, Jump 4, Heal 4, Know(Local-Rashemen) 2, Know(Dungeon) 4
Fighter 1 (Pugilist) > +2 BAB, Improved Unarmed Strike, Endurance, Great Fortitude(Bonus); Know(Dungeon) 5, Survival 5, Climb 5
Barbarian 1 > +3 BAB, Rage 1/day, Ice Troll Berserker; Heal 5, Jump 5, Craft(Scarring) 3
Barbarian 2 > +4 BAB, Craft(Scarring) 5, Intimidate 3
Fist of the Forest 1 > +5 BAB, Sense Motive 2, Intimidate 4
Deepwarden 1 > +6 BAB, Intimidate 5, Tumble 6, 1 Feat
Deepwarden 2 > +7 BAB, Tumble 10, +3 skills
Runescarred Berserker 1 > +5 Skills
Fist of the Forest 2 > +3 Skills, Underfoot Combat
Fist of the Forest 3 > +3 Skills
Runescarred Berserker 2 > +5 Skills
Runescarred Berserker 3 > +5 Skills, Confound the Big Folk
Runescarred Berserker 4 > +5 Skills
Runescarred Berserker 5 > +5 Skills
Runescarred Berserker 6 > +5 skills, 1 Feat
Runescarred Berserker 7 > +5 Skills
Runescarred Berserker 8 > +5 Skills
Runescarred Berserker 9 > +5 Skills, 1 Feat
Runescarred Berserker 10 > +5 Skills
Barbarian 3 > +5 Skills

Abilities look something like...

STR 16
DEX 8
CON 25(After Racial and Levels)
INT 12
WIS 8
CHA 8(After Racial)

We can drop 3 from STR to still qualify for PrCs. I'm not a fan of -2 mods, but we can take 2 from CHA to move around as well. Remember that Stonewarden replaces DEX to AC, so we only need DEX for Initiative and Reflex Saves. We can get Improved Initiative and Lightning Reflexes, however with 2 of the 3 floating feats. Maybe take Improved Natural Attack with one of those? We can get Iron Will from the Otyugh Hole with a clever story, and replace it with Great Fortitude(Flaw), to free up a Fighter (Pugilist) Feat.

Also, we can go Spirit Lion Totem to get Pounce, and get the quick Trait. Or just get the Quick Trait anyway. Or get the 3.0 Boots of Striding and Springing.(I love those Boots.)

Anything else I missed? Anything that could be added? Thoughts on other Feats/Skills? Do I really need 10 Levels of Berserker? If not, what would help the build be more Dwarfy Barbarian Punchy Guy? Also, other magic item suggestions that fit?