PDA

View Full Version : You Will Be Hunted... [IC]

leFuZz
2013-02-22, 09:56 AM
Across the planes of existence there comes a sort of screech. Entities are pulled against the tide on a path few have taken. Stretched and constricted, your bodies become an explosion of molecular chaos, and then fused together again by an omniscient hand…

Beads of rain accumulate then fall off your face. Slowly your eyes open and immediately the place around you is unfamiliar. The rain seems a strange thing, especially because you see no sky above you. A canopy of thick tropical flora covers the complete perceivable expanse. Even in this small clearing of trees, a circle approximately 25 feet in radius, the trees bend and contort to fill the entire skyline.

Surrounding you are others like you, men and women of different shapes and sizes who seem to be waking with the same predicament. Beyond their bodies is an abyss of progressively darkening green and brown. In the center of this circle lies a two-foot tall wooden statue. It could resemble some ancient ruin’s effigy, something you may have seen long ago but forgot to file away in your memory. Droplets of water explode off the top of this strange sculpture. It may have looked human if it weren’t for a head thrice the normal size. It also seems to be kneeling in reverent prayer.

Aside from the calming sound of rainfall beating upon thick tropical leaves, there seems to be no other noise. It’d probably be swelteringly warm if not for the refreshing water enveloping your body.

Anyr
2013-02-22, 11:43 AM
"Ugh. My head..."

These words were spoken by a young woman of fair features. She lay sprawled on the ground, her shoulder-length red hair spread haphazardly. Her eyelids slowly opened to reveal circles of emerald. After a second or two of staring up at the sky, she shot to her feet. This was most definitely not the open plain where she had bedded down for the night. Furthermore, she didn't recognise any of the figures who lay nearby.

The woman's appearance was that of a wealthy soldier. She wore a uniform which, although it appeared standard issue, somehow looked a lot more flattering than the usual fare given to troops. A custom job, perhaps: Designed to subtly enhance its wearer's appearance, without looking ostentatious.

Now that she'd had a chance to get her bearings, her military training took over. Unless forcibly interrupted, she would set about preparing herself for combat. With a few practised hand motions and syllables, she encased her body in a translucent armour of force, which quickly faded into invisibility. The next step was to summon a humanoid, dog-headed figure from the celestial realms. Though such a creature was nothing compared to her loyal eidolon, its skill with a greatsword would be welcome. And finally, she retrieved her lance from the forest floor. Should any of these strangers prove hostile, she wanted to be ready.

Survy
2013-02-22, 01:15 PM
Italics = Telepathy. Rolled in PM, Pathfinder tells me high enough to tell what the archon is.

"Wake up weak Magus..."

Groaning at the interruption of his sleep, Diauden Kyras awakens slowly, groaning at the feeling of water covering him. "By the gods, what have you done now you damn sword? My job with the West Road Mercenaries starts today dammit, I need sleep..." Suddenly, the half-elf fully takes in his surroundings, and sees that instead of the warm inn he went to sleep in last night, he is instead in a grassy plain surrounded by strangers and a Hound Archon. Who counts as a stranger he supposed.

Groaning again and standing up, the half-elf is shown to heavily favor his human ancestry in appearance. Rather than the graceful, slim build of the elves, he instead has the large upper body of someone used to a large weapon. The only sign of his elven heritage is his pointed ears and unnaturally lightning blue eyes, contrasting with his dark hair. Strangely enough, he is seemingly armed only with a longbow and armored in a slim blue breastplate.

"This is your fault somehow sword, I know it. Can't I ever sleep?" Walking over to the Archon, he quickly casts detect magic on the area, especially focusing on the Archon and that statue. Looking into the Archon's eyes, he asks "So, did I do something evil lately that was bad enough to attract celestial attention? Because, uh, whatever it was, it was the evil sword's fault. Not mine. Mostly."

leFuZz
2013-02-22, 01:39 PM
After concentrating for a few rounds, it can be determined that the statue in the middle of this clearing has a faint magical aura. It is not necessarily a magic item itself, but it has had contact with arcane magic recently.

Anyr
2013-02-22, 02:37 PM
The Archon met Diauden's gaze unblinkingly. It replied in a neutral and disinterested tone.

"I know not. I am here at the call of another."

That was the Summoner's cue to step forward. Hound Archons, though strong warriors, were not suited to diplomacy.

"Indeed he is. And as far as I know, neither he nor I have any quarrel with you."

In contrast to her celestial servant, Kalaryn's greeting was warm and polite. She even gave Diauden a graceful bow, as if the two of them were meeting at some social gathering. Military procedures weren't the only thing which had been drilled into her head from a young age.

"Please forgive my impoliteness in summoning a bodyguard. But after waking up in this place, surrounded by strangers, I felt the need for some protection."

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-22, 02:44 PM
It starts with a raindrop landing on her nose, then slowly rolling down to the center of her forehead. This sudden assault of moisture brings with it awareness and slowly, consciousness. Claryon opens her glowing blue eyes.

"Must be dreaming..." she says. Moments pass and she continues to stare at the jungle above her, waiting to wake up or be once again immersed in the dream. When that doesn't happen, and she hears someone yelling it begins to sink in. This is real...

Immediately she moves to stand, barely managing her feet as her armor; which she had not gone to sleep in, interferes with her movements

She scans the area closely, hand going for the runeblade strapped across her back. The weapon's black blade thrums with power from the blood-red runes etched along it.

To anyone observing she is tall for a woman with distinctive, chiseled features. Her jet-black hair is long enough to reach her shoulders, but no further, and contrasts with her pale ivory skin. Her eyes have no pupils or even irises - just a solid blue glow from some internal, very unnatural source. Her armor, like her blade, is the characteristic black of forged adamantine.

After getting her initial bearings she notices Skarn is missing, and mutters something under her breath about his likely parentage.

Claryon turns her attention to the exchange between the half-elf and the human soldier, watching and listening, but not interfering.

Survy
2013-02-22, 03:41 PM
Turning his head towards the summoner, having so far ignored her presence. "Ah, I see. A relief then. I suppose you don't know how we got here either? According to a magical item in my possession, we were transported here somehow by magic. In fact, we've only been here for under a minute. It's certainly strange." Glancing towards the statue, he studies it closely again, and attempts to discern exactly what kind of magic it is. He tilts his head slightly to give the invisible hilt behind his head a better view as well. "Any ideas?"

Knowledge (Arcana)
Diauden: [roll0]
Arondight: [roll1]

Garphor Drinfan
2013-02-22, 04:00 PM
"Where en the nine 'ells 'ave I landed?" Grenir says, sitting up. His helmet fell off as he did so, revealing his long cascades of brown hair which were braided into his beard in intricate patterns. His face was mostly covered in his hair and beard, leaving only a pair of Hazel eyes and a bulbous nose peeking out from the well groomed but frazzled mane.

He looked around, Among Humans and angels it appears, that's just my luck isn't it?

Grenir picked himself off the ground, a small task for one so short as he. His armor clanked and rasped as he did so, even more when he picked up his horned helmet and replaced it on his head. He then began to rewrap the chains from his flails around his arms, which had fallen a bit out of place in getting up, and checked to make sure that the ends of both sets were still secured at his shoulder.

"So ah don' suppose tha' any o' ye know where the 'ell we are?" He says to the awakened people, his accent coming through thickly.

shugyosha
2013-02-22, 04:04 PM
Sargov

A homely man lies on the ground wearing clothes that match the green of the trees. Beads of water run across his ugly face. The smallish man gets up pulling the greasy strands of hair from his bulging eyes. "What did I drink last..." his words are cut short when he scans the others. Scrambling for his bow he nocks one arrow and shouts, "Who are you? Where am I? How did I get here?"

Garphor Drinfan
2013-02-22, 04:10 PM
Grenir turns to Sargov with lightning speed for one so encumbered by armor and weapons. The chains fall away from his arms and he holds the two lengths with just enough slack to keep either of the fist sized balls on the ends from touching the ground, ""Stand down lad, tha's what we're tryin' teh find out!"

"An' give me your name, bowman, and I shall give ye mine." He continues, not wanting to seem like he was in some kind of command in the situation.

Anyr
2013-02-22, 04:48 PM
Kalaryn turned in alarm towards the new argument. In retrospect, she really shouldn't have been surprised. When six armed strangers suddenly awoke in an unfamiliar place, it didn't take a diviner to foresee conflict. Ah well, no sense in regretting that now. It was time to play peacemaker.

Making no sudden movements, Kalaryn addressed the bowman. Rather than trying to sound authoritative, she just focused on sounding honest.

"Sir, we are all victims here. Each of us woke up barely a minute ago, just as you did. As for our identities, I'm sure that there will be plenty of time for introductions; If, that is, we can avoid a pointless fight."

Survy
2013-02-22, 05:28 PM
Glancing over towards the haggard-looking man, the only thing he can think to himself is "Ugh. If he wants to fight he can at least be happy about it. I don't want to fight someone so nervous looking." "I can-" "You be quiet. I don't need you for something like this."

Unleashing his dagger from his wrist sheath, Diauden shifts his body towards the bowman. "The woman is right. There's no joy to be had in this fight, with you so out of sorts. To prevent you from dishonoring yourself, I don't have much choice but to do this."

Imbuing his dagger with arcane energy, Diauden speaks a single word and dashes forward towards the bowman, leaving a hue of images behind him. Set to catch any arrow attacks with his gloves of arrow snaring, he reaches out with the dagger and attempts to rip the bow from the man's grasp.

+2 from enhancement, +4 from bladed dash
[roll0]

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-22, 07:05 PM
Claryon watches the spectacle intently, but shows no sign of moving to intervene. She does however take a moment to cast a spell into her runeblade, just in case this situation should turn ugly.

Claryon is casting Inflict Serious Wounds into her Spell Storing greatsword, so next time she hits someone she can activate Inflict Serious on them as a free action.

leFuZz
2013-02-22, 07:19 PM
Abruptly, the rain stops.

As tension is rising, so does the overwhelming silence of the jungle.

leFuZz
2013-02-22, 09:01 PM
Diauden charges toward Sargov, and they both react with quickness. Sargov directs his bow toward the approaching Half-elf and let's loose his nocked arrow.

The arrow would have been quite the wounding shot if it were not for the magical energy of Diauden's gloves. His hands happened to be in precisely the correct place, and closed its grasp at precisely the correct time to catch the arrow. Diauden slide his dagger along the shaft of Sargov's bow, and caused Sargov to release the grip from his right hand.

Arrow was caught by the gloves (1/3 times that can happen in one day). Disarm check successful, but for only one hand. Sargov still has the bow in his left hand, and his right hand is free. It's now Sargov's turn in this fight, if it were to continue. Anyone else (aside from Diauden) can also take a turn.

EDIT: Check that, everyone make initiative rolls if you want this fight to continue. No matter what though, Sargov is next in initiative.

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-22, 09:10 PM
Claryon sighs, then steps forward, attempting to end the quarrel by interposing her bulky armor between the combatants.

Initiative - [roll0]

Survy
2013-02-22, 09:17 PM
Don't really want the fight to continue, but init just in case.
[roll0]

Anyr
2013-02-22, 09:50 PM
So much for avoiding pointless fights. Kalaryn tried her best to salvage the situation.

"Please, lower your weapons! The more we fight amongst ourselves, the weaker we'll be when the true enemy shows itself! Have you forgotten that we were abducted?"

Garphor Drinfan
2013-02-22, 09:56 PM
Grenir, not sure who, if anyone, he should pummel lowers his flails until they rest on the ground, "Och, thar's ne proof o' that, but I agree tha' there's ne point en fightin' 'ere."

leFuZz
2013-02-23, 09:51 AM
Although it is still daylight, the sound of crickets and tree frogs emerge from the surrounding forest. It would be an incredibly calming sound if it were not for the tensions surrounding the group.

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-23, 07:05 PM
Claryon speaks to try to further defuse the situation.

"I know this is a difficult situation for everyone - typically one doesn't wake up in the middle of the jungle with a bunch of strangers after all... but we need to work together. Whyever we've been brought here there's clearly a purpose, and somehow I doubt it's for our health and safety if you follow my meaning."

Claryon steps back from the two would-be combatants.

"The first thing we ought to do is find shelter. I'm used to sleeping outdoors, but this is a new environment for me, and from the looks of the rest of you, you as well. Sound reasonable enough?"

watupwithdat
2013-02-23, 07:31 PM
On the other side of the statue where the conflict was going on, the man in ragged and bloodied hides and clothes had just come to his senses, having been slow to awake after whatever transportation had just taken place.

Laeg had a brawny beard, dark brown with gray areas, that extended a few inches down his neck and deep red eyes that made him seem feral and bloodthristy. The left side of his face had traces of scars, as did his arms, and when looking a bit closer one could notice that actually most of the visible skin actually had some kind of scarrification, tattoo, branding or piercing. It would seem self-mutilation, as someone might call it, wasn't too unfamiliar to this man.

As he stood up he looked around for the roc he keeps as company, not caring too much about the seeming conflict going on infront of him. He let out of mad growl when he couldn't find the creature. Had it not been transported with him?

Laeg concentrated on the roc and willed it to come to him, as he was summoning any other creature. He hadn't done something of this kind before, not really having needed. He did not know if it would work, but he needed to attempt it atleast. That roc was his favorite companion up to this point in his life, and he have had many through the years.

Just as his magic took effect the roc appeared, seemingly confused. That reminded Laeg that he was supposed to be confused too. Where was he? Who were these people? What were they fighting about? How did he get there? Why was he there? He had many questions, and he doubted the other people could answer most of them.

He let out another growl, this one a little lower, as he petted the roc he had just summoned to his side and watched the other people.

Using a lvl 1 slot to spontaneously cast summon nature's ally I, which I guess should be enough for that use being a one time thing.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-02-23, 08:03 PM
Grenir sighs and walks heavily over to Claryon, looking up at her and extending a mailed hand, "The name's Grenir Malkleth lass, ye seem like the level headed logical sort. Ah'm ne sure where we are or who's friend or foe, but Ah'd like to figure tha' out soon."

Anyr
2013-02-23, 08:34 PM
Claryon speaks to try to further defuse the situation...

"Exactly! This is not a selfish request. Talking things out is in everyone's best interest."

Kalaryn was relieved to have some diplomatic support. Perhaps this woman could be a potential ally in the cause of peace. Then again, the arcane warrior had seemed that way too, right up to the moment when he charged at someone with a dagger.

Grenir sighs and walks heavily over to Claryon, looking up at her and extending a mailed hand, "The name's Grenir Malkleth lass, ye seem like the level headed logical sort. Ah'm ne sure where we are or who's friend or foe, but Ah'd like to figure tha' out soon."

The duo soon became a trio. Though joining Grenir and Claryon meant walking past a pair of duelling fighters, Kalaryn did it anyway. Risking an arrow in the chest was nothing compared to the shame of not properly introducing oneself in a social gathering.

"Kalaryn, of House Defrain. I too would welcome an open discussion of the situation."

She gave both Grenir and Claryon a polite bow, and extended a hand to each.

shugyosha
2013-02-23, 09:17 PM
Sargov

The half-elf aggressor closed in pre-naturally quick. Instinctively his hand went to his short sword when a heavily armored human interposes.

As other begin to introduce themselves he does the same, "Kalaryn, Grenir, I am Sargov." He looks to the others to follow suit.

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-23, 09:58 PM
Claryon breathes a sigh of relief.

"Good... good. My name is Claryon, knight of... excuse me... a former knight." Claryon sighs slightly before continuing. "So, does everyone agree we ought to find shelter before we worry to much about anything else? Also I uh... I just noticed I seem to have misplaced something err... rather someone..."

Claryon looks around, realizing Skarn is absent.

"Has anyone seen a skeleton in dark steel armor, answers to Skarn? About yay tall, way too friendly for your typical un-deceased type?" Claryon indicates a height just slightly shorter than herself.

Anyr
2013-02-23, 10:14 PM
Kalaryn couldn't help but shoot a questioning look at Claryon. Such casual discussion of dishonour and dark magic set off a lot of alarms in her mind. However, she let them pass without comment. Now was not the time.

"I too am missing a travelling companion. If everyone permits, I would like to summon him. He could be of great help in exploring our surroundings."

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-24, 12:34 AM
"As long as it's not going to try to devour us, I don't see why not." Claryon chuckles slightly.

Survy
2013-02-24, 12:47 AM
Diauden steps back from Sargov, sheathing his dagger in his wrist sheath. Bit of a waste of time there, ah well.

He speaks up, "I am Diauden Kyras. I don't have much idea where we are, but I know we were teleported here rather than kidnapped and transported. Hopefully whoever took us will show their intentions soon, we're probably all weeks or months travel away from where we want to be."

Looking towards Karalyn, he waves his hand casually. "I have no complaints, feel free."

leFuZz
2013-02-24, 10:03 AM
The tension among the group had settled. Seemingly, the statue in the center of the circle served as a conduit to call each adventurer's companion. The air felt more electric after the Druid summoned his Roc. Vibrations in the air emanated outward in all directions. Even the trees seemed to reverberate with new vibrancy.

To summon your cohorts or companions, do as the Druid did. Treat a level 1 spell as a spontaneous casting, to pull your pet to you. The magic of the statue will serve to amplify this energy.

leFuZz
2013-02-24, 10:14 AM
At one point, Laeg, Diauden, Sargov, and Grenir's ears tingled. Immediately, it seemed to be nothing, but upon more intense concentration it was a sound different than those in the jungle.

Reminiscent of a distant wolf's call, a call to return to work in the mines, or possibly a horn's blow.

The horn's nature is indeterminable. Is it a sign of hope, or an omen of ill things to come?

Perception rolls can be seen in OOC thread.
Laeg is the only one who knows definitely what relative direction the sound came from, although you haven't determined what's north or south at this point.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-02-24, 10:56 AM
Grenir tips his head and listens to the clarion, wondering for a moment what it was. Realization dawns on him and a hand springs to his belt where a similar horn sat, "Tha' might be 'elp," he says, excited, however, his hand freezes half way to the horn and falls back, "Or it could be foemen, we should move now, ne time ta lose."

Grenir begins to move cautiously into the jungle, motioning the others to follow, "Well if we're goin' ta find shelter now's a good time to do et."

Survy
2013-02-24, 11:08 AM
Diauden shrugs and begins to follow the dwarf. "We should probably attempt an ambush. If they're friendly we can simply step out of hiding, and if they're not, we'll have the element of surprise." He moves his hand towards his back, and rests his hand on the hilt of his sword, drawing on it's powers of perception to enhance his own.

Alertness feat as long as i'm touching the sword.

Anyr
2013-02-24, 12:29 PM
Kalaryn sighed. Would this group ever be given the chance to get their bearings? Now that time was of the essence, she wasted no more of it in calling her eidolon. To her surprise, the summoning was a lot easier than usual. With but a single gesture, Drask shimmered into existence.

Summon Monster X (used to summon eidolon)

The eidolon was quite a sight. Almost ten feet long, his massive form filled a considerable amount of space. He stood on four muscled legs, the front set of which ended with an array of knifelike claws. His leathery skin was a mass of hardened plates, interlaced like a suit of armour. And above a set of jaws which could bite through steel, two blood red eyes surveyed the area.

"Where-"

"I'll explain later. Right now we need to move."

Kalaryn easily vaulted atop her loyal eidolon. Once seated, she spurred him to catch up with Grenir and Diauden. She called out just before Drask drew alongside them, so as to avoid any more misunderstandings.

"Don't be alarmed, gentlemen. This is just my companion, Drask. May we join you?"

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-24, 09:23 PM
When the others are a reasonable distance away, Claryon looks over the statue carefully. She feels it's magical pull, and decides to try something... she chants a mere fragment of a spell and extends her blade toward the statue...

"Skarn, arise, I have need of you."

Nothing happens at first, but the ground trembles ever so slightly at her feet, and after another moment a skeletal fist breaks through the surface. It takes mere seconds for the skeleton to emerge entirely, fully armored and armed.

"You called m'lady?" Skarn asks.

"I did - I'll explain more on the way but suffice to say we have a situation here. Come on, we need to catch up to the others."

Skarn looks about momentarily, searching for something. "Lady, I uhm, I do not wish to be a bother but where is my..."

"We'll need to get you another horse Skarn, for now you'll just have to hoof it." Claryon says, then turns and begins walking toward the group.

Skarn approximates a sigh and begins marching behind Claryon.

When they catch up to the group Claryon falls in at the rear and speaks to the others.

"Just for the record, the skeleton following me is a friend - don't be alarmed." She points with her thumb at the now openly grumbling skeleton trudging behind them.

Using up a level 1 spell slot for a fragmentary Animate Dead I suppose.

Survy
2013-02-24, 09:51 PM
Diauden looks over at the giant mount seemingly made almost entirely out of metal and knives, and the seemingly friendly...cranky skeleton. "...Huh. Thank you for showing me two new things I thought i'd never see. Either that or someone slipped me something last night and this is a very interesting drug-induced hallucination."

shugyosha
2013-02-24, 10:12 PM
Sargov

"Which way are they coming?" he asks as he begins to look for cover.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-02-24, 10:20 PM
"Ye an' I both," Grenir says to Diauden, looking up at the strange behemoth, "Ah've ne'r been so confused an' angry aboot somethin' en my life."

Anyr
2013-02-24, 10:31 PM
Square braces around speech denote telepathy.

As soon as the word 'skeleton' was uttered, Drask's head snapped sideways to peer behind him. Sure enough, there was indeed an animated skeleton following the group. A low growl issued from his considerable jaws.

[Master, there is an undead abomination polluting the air behind us.]

[Just [i]ignore it?! Have the laws of nature been rewritten overnight? That mockery of life needs to be crushed into dust!]

[And once this is over, I'll gladly help you to do exactly that. But right now, we need allies; Not new enemies. Hard as it may be, we must restrain ourselves for now. When the time is right, that skeleton and his 'friend' will be brought to justice.]

[...I'll hold you to that.]

watupwithdat
2013-02-24, 11:57 PM
The group of random people had started to move. No one had seemed to pay much attention to Laeg or the large roc that had landed next to him. Atleast no one had dared to adress or speak to him. He didn't think he seemed that frightening. Perhaps they were scared weaklings. He did not care much.

When a skeleton suddenly rose from the ground something in him flared up. It was his intense hatred and disgust of the undead.

"SUCH A THING SHANT BE!" the druid suddenly exclaimed loudly as he had come to his senses and calmed his mind enough to utter sentences.

"That is a blasphemy towards nature!" Laeg continued and let out a aggressive growl at the skeleton, as he was ready to pounce at the slightest notice of hostility and killing intent of the undead.

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-25, 12:08 AM
Claryon sighs heavily "Always with the screaming and the shouting... does he need makeup or something?"

Skarn chuckles and adds "I could wear a pretty bow, maybe that would deflect some attention."

Claryon laughs aloud at that. "While I understand if some of you are concerned, Skarn is nothing to fear. Quite the contrary, he is a loyal and trusted companion of many years. Yes, he's dead - it's a long story and we'll both be happy to indulge your curiosity later if you wish... for now however I'd like for those of us who are breathing to keep doing so. Which as near as I can tell means shelter, then food and other necessities. Having an extra set of phalanges will be useful for that." Claryon continues showing no sign of being even surprised at the druid's outburst, seeming more mildly annoyed than genuinely upset.

shugyosha
2013-02-25, 02:33 PM
Sargov

"Quit yapping we have more important things to think about, right now," admonishes the ugly man.

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-26, 06:27 AM
Claryon brings her voice down to a whisper. "Indeed, a good idea."

watupwithdat
2013-02-26, 08:11 AM
"GRHHRAWRRRRRRR!" All the druid let out was a aggressive growl as the spellcaster was totally unconcerned with the presence of an undead. To keep it as a pet, furthermore.

Laeg had to force himself to calm down. He knew it might not go so well if he was the one to initiate aggression towards the undead. He did not know the capabilities of the caster and the other ones could be their allies, which meant he'd be way too outnumbered. He would not survive such an engagement.

"IF IT MAKES AS MUCH AS A WRONG MOVE IT IS WILL BE PUT DOWN INTO THE GROUND WHERE IT CAME FROM!" the druid shouted at them, to make his stance fully clear. For now he'd just have to painfully accept the presence of it.

Laeg needed to find his bearings. To wander aimlessly like they all were doing was stupid. As one of the druidic people such a thing was like breathing to him.

Using the Know Direction (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/k/know-direction) orison and finding some point of reference to remember what's north from their point of origin.

He'll auto-succeed on any survival check.

Anyr
2013-02-26, 09:28 AM
[Preach on, my Druidic comrade. Now there's someone who has the right idea.]

[Please keep that opinion to yourself. For now, let's just try to get our bearings.]

Knowledge (Nature) check: [roll0]
Survival check: [roll1]

leFuZz
2013-02-26, 09:29 AM
Laeg contemplated for a moment, and was able to discern that the sound came from the Northwest. He also determined that the ground slopes downward slightly toward the west.

Although Laeg will auto succeed on any survival check, still roll. Say it's a tough DC and you beat it by like 15 - there may be very desirable results.

The forest is very dense, and for those who are hampered by forest movement you can move at approximately .75 miles an hour walking and 1.25 miles per hour hustling (although you'll be fatigued doing so within an hour). The map I have is prepared on a grid, so please disclose what direction you're moving (s,sw,w,nw,n,ne,e,se). At this current location, all directions are available to move. You can attempt to walk 6 miles without stopping to rest for the night, beyond that much time will be forced march.

Albeit slightly meta-gaming, I recommend you all talk about who will make the traveling decisions (probably Laeg), just so we don't waste a lot of time arguing about which direction to go every day.

shugyosha
2013-02-26, 09:32 AM
Sargov

The ugly man crouches and gathers some dirt in his hand has he looks at the trees. He sniffs the dirt then tosses it.

[roll0] survival

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-26, 09:37 AM
Claryon looks around, obviously unfamiliar with the environment.

Survival: [roll0]

Survy
2013-02-26, 10:34 AM
Diauden attempts to get his bearings. "So, should we move away and hide or attempt to gain some information on whoever blew that horn?"

Survival
[roll0]
Knowledge (nature)
[roll1]

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-26, 11:29 AM
"It's a tough call" Claryon whispers, but I think it's best we confront whoever or whatever it is now. If they're friendly, great - if not... well I prefer to confront an enemy at full strength and in the open anyway. That said I'll go with whatever the rest of you decide - it's imperative we stick together."

Anyr
2013-02-26, 11:48 AM
"Well, it doesn't seem as if stealth is much of an option..."

Kalaryn glanced awkwardly around the group. Her gaze lingered on the armoured figures of Claryon and Grenir, before coming to rest on her own eidolon.

"...and our collective speed is low. So my vote would be to discover the source of that horn. It could well be a signal from another group like ourselves, who are just trying to attract attention.

If the group as a whole is unwilling to risk this, I volunteer to act as a scout. Drask and I could take to the air and seek out the noise, while everyone else continues to move away from it. That way we would only be risking two lives."

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-26, 12:51 PM
"To be honest I prefer we move as a group. Scouting ahead could bring valuable information it's true; but if you get yourself killed we're all in a lot more trouble. Since stealth isn't an option, we may as well stick together. Unless..." Claryon thinks a moment.

"Skarn, do you feel up to scouting?" she looks over her shoulder at the skeleton.

"I could; but you know I'm no sneakier thank yourself m'lady."

"Right, but I'm thinking, if something happens to one of our friends here we're in trouble, but I can always bring you back, right?"

"... technically this is true." The skeleton imitates a sigh. "Without a horse I don't think it's a good plan though m'lady. All due respect of course."

"Of course. Well then, I guess my suggestion remains we all stick together." Claryon frowns.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-02-26, 03:48 PM
"Ah'm ne a good scout, but either way it goes we need ta find some 'igh ground." Grenir returns the brief glance of Kalaryn, "And ah'm much faster than ye'd think lass. Ye should na judge based on size an' armor."

Grenir looks at the skeleton, "Appearances are deceivin' after all."

"An Ah'm also en favor o' stickin' together, we cannae really trust each other at the moment." He says, continuing ahead, "Until ah see the color o' yer pennants ah'm nae gon' trust any o' ye, meanin' no disrespect by et. Ah unnerstan' ef none o' ye trust me either."

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-26, 03:50 PM
Skarn feigns doffing a cap to the dwarf.

Anyr
2013-02-26, 04:35 PM
Grenir's admonishment had a surprisingly strong effect on Kalaryn. The (up to now) dignified young knight suddenly let out an embarrassed 'eep' and averted her eyes. When she replied, it was with a distinct stutter.

"M-my apologies, sir. I d-didn't mean to make such an implication with r-regards to your speed."

Garphor Drinfan
2013-02-26, 05:05 PM
Grenir looks back and chuckles, "Ye nae need to be appologizin' lass, et's nae common for a Dwarf ta be as quick on 'is feet as I am. Ah kin unnerstand where ye could get the impression o' sluggishness. Was jus' meanin' ta correct ye is all." he says in a conversational tone, "An' while et's nice o' ye to say so, Ah stopped bein' a 'sir' several months ago."

Survy
2013-02-26, 06:24 PM
Diauden nods at the dwarf's words. "It makes sense. I believe we should either investigate the horn as a group, or attempt to find an area to defend. It's unlikely we could find a good hiding spot, as I doubt we can hide the tracks of such a large group as this. Personally, i'm in favor of investigating the horn. If these are our captors, I have some choice words for them that I would like to share in person."

shugyosha
2013-02-27, 12:29 AM
Sargov

"I can scout if you want or I can hide here and set an ambush, just make a decision," he says with some impatience.

Anyr
2013-02-27, 10:18 AM
"Then we appear to have a plan of action. Barring major objections, let us turn around and track down this noise."

[I don't think your 'noble voice' is going to be so effective now that they're heard you stammering away.]

[There's no shame in showing a little honest emotion.]

[If you say so...]

leFuZz
2013-02-27, 01:52 PM
The group decided to head toward the distant call. There was no indication of how far the sound was from them, but the group was confident they were heading toward it. So they marched West, with a slant to the north.

Movement was slow, especially for the shorter, more encumbered members of the group. The daylight started dissipating before they moved even a few miles. The sounds of nature grew louder as the light diminished. In the corner of their eyes, each person saw movement, but was never able to catch anything with his or her gaze.

The ground descended steadily, but the density of the forest grew. Before long, the tops of the trees were even obscured by darkness.

Everyone please make perception checks (I would do this myself, but I'm on my phone). Also, you are hungry. If you have food on you, eat one day's ration - otherwise you'll have to eat whatever the druid will find for you (unless you magic some grub up).

shugyosha
2013-02-27, 02:33 PM
Sargov

The ugly man does not stay with the group. Instead he stays ahead and off to the side, keeping quiet and using the environment to hide him.

[roll0] perception
[roll1] stealth

Anyr
2013-02-27, 02:38 PM
Kalaryn and Drask matched pace with the rest of the group. Though Drask never spoke, his sour expression spoke volumes. His master, on the other hand, tried her best to keep the everyone's spirits high. She struck up conversations with anyone who felt like talking; Helped to mediate any arguments which arose; And made an honest effort to overlook minor ideological differences (like twisting the forces of nature into unholy mockeries of their former selves).

Perception rolls for Kalaryn ([roll0]) and Drask ([roll1]

Neither of them need to eat.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-02-27, 03:51 PM
Perception (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3946380/)

Grenir holds a consistent chat with Kalaryn as they walk, having not much better to do but talk about his clan and his experiences therein.

Survy
2013-02-27, 04:14 PM
Diauden: [roll0]
Arondight: [roll1]

Diauden walks along, keeping one hand on the hilt of his sword to enhance his perceptions, occasionally throwing a word into the conversation between Grenir and Kalaryn.

watupwithdat
2013-02-27, 04:46 PM
Laeg had somewhat unwillingly kept with the larger group, not knowing why they were there. It was not a good idea to break off from the group at this point anyway. He had no means of traveling long distances in a blink of the eye like some arcane spellcasters could.

The feeling of being watched annoyed him. Whatever they were moving toward, whatever that sound had been, it could be trouble. He had previously made his and the roc's natural attacks more potent, but he'd feel better if he knew he could handle a beating better as well.

Extended Greater Magic Fang on himself and the roc a few hours ago, and now Barkskin (80min duration) which gives him +3 natural armor.

Perception: [roll0]
Roc's perception: [roll1]

Laeg's got ring of sustenance and I suppose the roc has caught something to eat by himself when hungry.

mistformsquirrl
2013-02-27, 07:22 PM
Claryon follows with the group, generally keeping up conversation where possible but gradually growing quiet as the march continued.

Perception [roll0]

Claryon didn't bring food since she was asleep in an inn when she was summoned.

leFuZz
2013-03-01, 07:03 AM
Laeg and Drask notice an animal, no maybe two animals, darting through the darkened woods surrounding them.

They're not able to discern exactly who or what they are, but it will be only a matter of seconds before they strike.

The group is not in any sort of clearing, and the trees are very close. Each group member is only a couple feet from each other, for any further would completely engulf them in darkness. Sargov seems to be the only one who is not concerned with being visible to the group, and he darts in and out of the trees' shadows as they move.

The downward slop takes a sharp drop to your left. There's a sound of a bubbling brook in that direction, though you don't see it. The trees around you are mostly huge - probably thousands of years old. Their roots reach out of the ground and seemingly try to grab your feet as you move. This may not be the safest place to be for an ambush!

At one moment, the realization hits Drask like a ton of bricks - the crickets stopped chirping.

Everyone roll initiative, but also use your initiative roll post as a turn in itself as well (if you want to get in formation, prepare something, take out a weapon, etc).

Sargov doesn't notice them yet, but he's successfully stealthed from them.

They aren't attacking yet, so you have a round of preparation. At this point, if you have any questions ask me via PM or OOC thread. Each post will count as one round of action until the danger fades.

leFuZz
2013-03-01, 07:04 AM
Ignore this post, put in wrong forum.

watupwithdat
2013-03-01, 09:26 AM
He had seen something stalking in the darkness, but he could not see in his current form. That wasn't difficult for Laeg to do something about, though.

With a muffled kind of roar his form started to change, the special ability of druids to wildshape showing itself. His new form was that of an air elemental, figuring he'd need the ability to both fly without any effort as well as pierce the darkness around him.

"Lawm, the hunt is on!" the air elemental form of Laeg said as he started to move into the air perfectly natural, the roc taking off from the ground with a gust of wind blowing leaves and other loose debris around.

Initiative: [roll0]

Standard: change into a medium air elemental
Move 20 ft in the air.

With darkvision from the elemental form, what can he see around them of these animals stalking them?

leFuZz
2013-03-01, 10:17 AM
Laeg sees the outlines of hulking figures moving into position among the trees. He counts at least four, but possibly more. They seem to be large gorillas, but due to concealment it's hard to tell.

shugyosha
2013-03-01, 10:29 AM
Sargov

As the chirping stops so does he. His bow ready for action Sargov's eyes dart around looking for the impending trouble.

[roll0] init

mistformsquirrl
2013-03-01, 10:30 AM
Seeing Laeg take off without warning nearly startles Claryon. She mutters to Skarn "Must be trouble, stay close..." - then casts a quick spell on her armor.

Claryon casts Magic Vestment on her armor. It lasts for 8 hours, so it's a precaution that she probably ought to have cast sooner now that I think of it.

Initiative - [roll0]

Survy
2013-03-01, 10:36 AM
Diauden quickly draws his sword, and with a swift movement of his hand and a whispered word, multiple copies of him appear around him. "It appears we've walked into an ambush. Fun."

Init: [roll0]
# of mirror images: [roll1]
Move action to draw sword, standard action to cast mirror image (last 8 minutes)

Anyr
2013-03-01, 11:33 AM
"Ambush! In the trees!"

Kalaryn cloaked Drask in a suit of translucent armour; While Drask, lacking a target to attack, took to the air and focused on not being hit.

Initiative for Kalaryn ([roll0]) and Drask ([roll1])

Kalaryn casts Mage Armour on Drask.
Drask uses Total Defence and flies 20 ft upwards.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-03-01, 03:31 PM
Grenir unwraps the chains from his arms deftly, looking out into the brush and attempting to locate their foes, holding his weapons ready for any possibility.

Held action to attack any foes which come within the 10 ft reach.

Initiative (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3949922/)

leFuZz
2013-03-04, 11:39 AM
The creatures burst forth from the dark foliage. There were five shouting gorilla-like creatures charging toward the group. Approximately 5 feet behind the party was a small drop-off into a river bank. The drop seemed at least to be 8 feet or so. Although not fatal, it would not be a good thing to fall or be pushed down that hill.

Before the ferocious charge reaches the group, Grenir, Drask, and Sargov are quick-witted enough to take action.

Partial concealment for each of the animals. There are 5 of them. They are running/jumping toward the group, after their last turn they are well within range of a charge attack. For the sake of you reaching them, 3 are ground level while 2 are on low-hanging branches and all of them are approximately 30 ft away.

There is also two large trees in between the party. You are able to maneuver around them without issue, but they are general obstacles. Again, 5 ft behind you is a sheer drop down to a river bank.

Feel free to ask me for more information if there's anything I'm neglecting.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-03-04, 02:57 PM
Grenir charges the beasts immediately, shouting a warcry in Dwarven and swinging a Chainflail down on one of them.

To hit (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3955692/)
Damage (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3955694/)

Anyr
2013-03-04, 07:05 PM
Drask soars towards the beasts, in a flurry of claws and teeth.

Note: To save time in the event of a critical hit, I roll critical confirmations along with attack rolls.

Drask will charge to the nearest position in which he can reach two or more enemies (with or without Lunge). Should early attacks kill one enemy, the rest will attack the other. If no such position exists, he'll just attack an enemy in the trees.

Slam attack ([roll0]); Damage ([roll1]); Crit ([roll2])
Bite attack ([roll3]); Damage ([roll4]); Crit ([roll5])
Claw 1 attack ([roll6]); Damage ([roll7]); Crit ([roll8])
Claw 2 attack ([roll9]); Damage ([roll10]); Crit ([roll11])

shugyosha
2013-03-04, 08:45 PM
Sargov

Aiming for ones in the trees the bow man releases a pair of arrows for his hiding spot.

one arrow at each
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] damage
[roll2] sneak damage

[roll3] to hit
[roll4] damage
[roll5] sneak damage

leFuZz
2013-03-05, 06:59 PM
Grenir's flail cracks down on one of the white ape's skulls. Crimson started staining his muddy white fur. The creature howled as it ripped at the Dwarf with his arms, ALL FOUR OF THEM.

Successful Attack - 12 dmg to the creature
Keep in mind you have -2 AC due to charge.

Attack Rolls
1. [roll0]
2. [roll1]
3. [roll2]
4. [roll3]

Damage Rolls (to corresponding attacks)
1. [roll4]
2. [roll5]
3. [roll6]
4. [roll7]

5. Rend Damage, if at least two claw attacks hit: [roll8]

Drask reaches one of the animals perched in the trees, and several attacks land throughout the ape's body. The creature hunches over, and then attempts to maul its foe.

Three attacks land on the Monster, doing a total of 52 damage.

Attack Rolls vs Drask
1. [roll9]
2. [roll10]
3. [roll11]
4. [roll12]

Damage Rolls (to corresponding attacks)
1. [roll13]
2. [roll14]
3. [roll15]
4. [roll16]

5. Rend Damage, if at least two claw attacks hit: [roll17]

Sargov lets loose two arrows at the Creature that Drask attacked. The first arrow whizzed by the animal, but the second one planted firmly into the monster's eye - causing it to fall. Hitting two branches on the way to the ground, he screamed in agony, and then landed on the ground dead.

A second and third creature emerged from the darkness, flanking Grenir. They went to bite the pesky Dwarf.

Attack Rolls
1. [roll18]
2. [roll19]

Damage Rolls
1. [roll20]
2. [roll21]

The last creature leaped out of his tree and charged toward Diauden. At full speed, it attempts to push Diauden toward the cliff!

Diauden gets an Attack of Opportunity vs this Bull Rush.

Bull Rush attempt vs your CMD:
[roll22]
If it succeeds, you'll be pushed back toward the ledge, if it exceeds by 10 you'll be pushed off of the ledge. If you are pushed off of the ledge, attempt an acrobatics check to mitigate any damage (somewhat homebrew here).

All PCs except Grenir, Drask, and Sargov can now act in combat.

mistformsquirrl
2013-03-06, 08:51 AM
Seeing both the Grenir and Kalaryn in danger, Claryon shouts to Skarn - "Help Kalaryn, I'll help the dwarf!"

Skarn acknowledges with a nod and charges the beast attacking Kalaryn, while Claryon does the same against the beast flanking Grenir.

Skarn charges the creature near Kalaryn

Attack Roll: [roll0] (includes Charge bonus)
Crit Confirmation (just in case): [roll1]
Damage roll if hit: [roll2]

Claryon charges the beast near Grenir

Attack Roll: [roll3] (includes charge bonus)
Crit Confirmation (just in case): [roll4]
Damage roll if hit: [roll5]

Witholding the Inflict Serious Wounds in the sword since it's probably overkill.

watupwithdat
2013-03-06, 09:25 AM
Hovering in the air out of reach of any of the creatures Laeg looked down upon the fighting. They were in an area most suited for him. He was one of the druids.

While in his elemental form he weaved a spell, one to make the foiliage and roots in the immediate area come alive and entangle everything. He did not care that it most likely would affect his "companions" as well. Especially not the keeper of the undead.

As Laeg made the plants bend to his will, Lawm dove down and clawed at one of the apes surrounding the dwarf with one of its talons before it continued its flight up again.

Using entangle (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/e/entangle) on 40 ft area below him, which I believe will affect everyone. Reflex save and so on.

If the are has any thorny plants there's a damage aspect of it too.

The roc Lawm does a flyby attack at one of the apes at grenir.
Attack Damage [roll1]. [Threat confirm: [roll]1d20+]

Anyr
2013-03-06, 10:37 AM
Drask's leathery hide deflected most of the creature's many attacks. Only one of them managed to get through, and even then only because charging had left him off balance. Retribution for the attacker came swiftly, in the form of an arrow through its eye. With Kalaryn's own position secure, she created a rain of sparkling dust to blind one (or more) of Grenir's attackers.

Drask takes 7 damage (down to 55 HP)

Kalaryn casts 'Glitterdust' {DC 20} over the least injured creature adjacent to Grenir. If she can catch more than one enemy in the area without affecting an ally as well, she'll do so.

Survy
2013-03-06, 10:45 AM
Growling at the charging ape-like creature, Diauden digs in his feet to resist the charge and immediately slices at the flank of the beast. Gathering his focus, he charges his blade with lightning, the blade giving off arcs of electricity at the surge of arcane power. Gripping with two hands, Diauden attempts to rip the beast to shreds.

AoO:
To Hit: [roll0]
Damage[roll1]
Uses a swift action to give blade the Shocking Burst ability.
Spellstrike to cast Intensified Shocking Grasp(Magical Lineage):
Concentration Roll to cast defensively(need a 17): [roll2]
To Hit: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]
Electricity damage: [roll5]
Spell Damage: [roll6]

To Hit: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8]
Electricity damage: [roll9]

To Hit: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11]
Electricity damage: [roll12]

Apologies, made a mistake, all the attack rolls except for the AoO should be given a -2.

Garphor Drinfan
2013-03-08, 05:02 PM
Attack of Opportunity:[roll0]
Damage, should it happen to hit:1d10+5=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3962620/)