PDA

View Full Version : Droid Problems

Pyromancer999
2013-02-22, 02:15 PM
May or may not be the right forum for it, but my Android has now stopped charging when I plug it in. I will sometimes be able to get it to charge, but can't for the most part. I will plug it into the charger, but it won't recognize that it's charging. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Grinner
2013-02-22, 02:37 PM
Can you wiggle the socket around at all?

snoopy13a
2013-02-22, 02:44 PM
I have a droid problem as well.

Recently, my uncle purchased two droids from used-droid dealers (I live with my aunt and uncle by the way). He told me to clean them up to get ready for work on our farm. While cleaning the droids, I stumbled upon an old movie in the R2-unit. The entire movie would not play, however.

The R2's counterpart--a 3P0 droid--told me that the R2 unit might be able to play the entire movie if I removed its restraining bolt. I agreed and just after I removed the bolt, I had to head off to dinner.

When I returned, the R2 unit was gone! My uncle will kill me. Even worse, he might not let me go down to Anchorhead to hang out with my friends!

What should I do?

(sorry, had to do it :smallbiggrin: )

Pyromancer999
2013-02-22, 03:14 PM
Can you wiggle the socket around at all?

Yes, the socket wiggles around.

Grinner
2013-02-22, 03:19 PM
Yes, the socket wiggles around.

Oh dear. I'm afraid the socket may have broken. :smallfrown: Is it still under warranty? You'll probably need to have it repaired or replaced.

Pyromancer999
2013-02-22, 03:28 PM
Oh dear. I'm afraid the socket may have broken. :smallfrown: Is it still under warranty? You'll probably need to have it repaired or replaced.

Don't know. It's been a couple years. It charges fine at the local charging stations for phones at my university.

Grinner
2013-02-22, 03:57 PM
Don't know. It's been a couple years. It charges fine at the local charging stations for phones at my university.

Really? Have you tried borrowing someone else's charger, just to be sure, because that sounds like the charger itself is the problem... :smallredface:

Ravens_cry
2013-02-23, 01:40 AM
I have a droid problem as well.

Recently, my uncle purchased two droids from used-droid dealers (I live with my aunt and uncle by the way). He told me to clean them up to get ready for work on our farm. While cleaning the droids, I stumbled upon an old movie in the R2-unit. The entire movie would not play, however.

The R2's counterpart--a 3P0 droid--told me that the R2 unit might be able to play the entire movie if I removed its restraining bolt. I agreed and just after I removed the bolt, I had to head off to dinner.

When I returned, the R2 unit was gone! My uncle will kill me. Even worse, he might not let me go down to Anchorhead to hang out with my friends!

What should I do?

(sorry, had to do it :smallbiggrin: )

Guess you're going to have to go looking for them. Just watch out for crazy old guys and restless natives.

Pyromancer999
2013-02-23, 05:27 AM
Really? Have you tried borrowing someone else's charger, just to be sure, because that sounds like the charger itself is the problem... :smallredface:

Haven't been able to. Pretty much all of my friends do not have compatible chargers, as they have iPhones.