PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a feat

S_Grey
2013-02-22, 05:39 PM
I could swear that at one point when I was making a character, I came across a feat that allowed for an attack to be made with the haft end of a polearm.

I've been looking through my books, databases online, and old forum posts, but I haven't been able to find it.

Is this actually a feat? Am I thinking of something that isn't a feat? Or is this just fantasy?

Xerxus
2013-02-22, 05:44 PM
I could swear that at one point when I was making a character, I came across a feat that allowed for an attack to be made with the haft end of a polearm.

I've been looking through my books, databases online, and old forum posts, but I haven't been able to find it.

Is this actually a feat? Am I thinking of something that isn't a feat? Or is this just fantasy?

For Pathfinder there is an archetype for fighters in Ultimate Combat. It allows you to use the butt-end of a lance as a club and letting you alternate attacks between the spear-end and butt-end while full attacking, without making it into a double weapon. So enhancements to the weapon count for both sides. The spear-end retains its reach, while the butt-end lacks it.

Morcleon
2013-02-22, 05:45 PM
There's a Haft Strike feat in Dragon 331 that lets you attack with the other end of your polearm as a quarterstaff. It has a prereq of TWF, though. :smallsmile:

thorr-kan
2013-02-22, 05:45 PM
Complete Warrior, the Weapons Style feat Spinning Halberd.

Dragon Compendium, the general feat Haft Strike.

S_Grey
2013-02-22, 05:52 PM
Butter my biscuit. I looked in there, and I knew it was called haft strike, but I didn't see it.

Thanks everyone.

HalfQuart
2013-02-24, 01:37 PM
There's also Short Haft from PH2. It kind of sucks, but it's an option.