PDA

View Full Version : Crows feet and lions hairs... oh my! IC

drack
2013-02-22, 07:22 PM
The dried leaves crunch softly underfoot. The forest was quiet... too quiet.

Night would settle in soon, and you had a feeling you wouldn't like what it brought. Still there was a town ahead... or at least that's what you'd told yourselves three hours ago. Perhaps someone had misread the map, but you ought to be there by now. Still so far you have seen no sheltered areas to make camp in, and the trees lie too sparse for a fire to go unnoticed. The sun begins to crease the hills to the west as the warm fall breeze ruffles your cloaks, and even the shadows seem queer.

Bladehunter217
2013-02-23, 04:40 PM
Helbark raised a hand to his mouth and put it back down thinking before he spoke quite calmly. "Can I ask a quick question?" He shrugged and then practically shouted. "Who in the bloody layers of hell has the map?"

Mo_the_Hawked
2013-02-24, 12:09 AM
Grulk

With a look of peculiar incredulity a overly large half-orc in, what appears to be a midnight blue blanket with a head hole cut and adorned by some very crudely fashioned stars and moons in yellow, nearly bellows out, "Map? Grulk need no map!

He then waves his hands about awkwardly and shouts "Grulk cast Know Direction!"

Then with confident grin, he jabs a finger out, "Grulk's magics tell him we go North!"

Survival to see if actually pointed north.
[roll0]

drack
2013-02-24, 08:19 AM
The direction Gurlk points could best be described as west-northwest, though it loos like what might once have been a road... or at least it's relatively flat with the occasional log laying roughly parallel to the flat part, though there are also a few more fallen trees lying straight through the middle.

Bladehunter217
2013-02-25, 05:41 PM
That may be so big man, but are we going north? That is the point of a map, to decide which direction we want to go, unless you suggest we start going north with no regard to any other direction. Helbark then conciders the brute and the direction he just pointed. Looking around the forest for any signs the brute was right, Helbark tries to decern if Grulk was indeed correct.

Survival [roll0] lets see if Helbark is right in doubting a creature with Orc blood.

drack
2013-02-25, 05:49 PM
NorthYou're not really sure what way that is, but it's vaguely north.

Nousos
2013-02-25, 10:58 PM
Bill cringed at the act that would insult any sensible wizard, but decides to let it go, at least until he learns to fly high enough that Grulk couldn't hit him when he got angry at confontation. "Are you telling me we don't even have a map?!" Bill exclaims, then quickly got over it, as he started thinking about magic. "If only I knew a spell to divine the nearest settlement. I have read of some priests that can use the power of their god to do so, perhaps we can find one to help us. Also I believe there are magicians who use the power of plants around them to guide themselves through such environments as this.... That settles it! We should search out one of these mysterious magi." He then stopped looking upward at the heavens and pointed at Helbark, who he vaguely remembered used to be some sort of scout. Bill was a highly intelligent man with a great memory, but he found it hard to be interested in anything that wasn't magic. "Helbark, you must know this forest right? Since you don't remember where the town is, can't you guide us to some sort of nature commune where these strange oracles reside? Surely they would aid us!"

Amakule
2013-02-26, 08:29 AM
"No, no, there's a town just ahead. Hang on a moment and I'll make sure." Barvak climbs the tallest tree in the immediate area to get a view of town lights or smoke.

Climb: [roll0]

"On second thought, I'm pooped. Let's just crash here."

Bladehunter217
2013-02-26, 09:15 AM
"Just because I live in a forest does not mean I know each and every forest there is." Helbark grumbled, before adding quietly, "Maybes I could check the trails and see which is well traveled and try to see where that leads." Helbark picks his way around him, his nose close enough to the ground that his beard starts dragging in the dirt.

Helbark's survival check now is to see if any trails have hevier foot traffic. [roll0] This is the fourth time i tried to post this, so hopefully it will work this time.

drack
2013-02-26, 09:27 AM
The trails all appear relatively untouched, covered in uncrushed leaves, though as you look the wind again turns the leaves making them seem untouched even behind you. About half a foot to the left of your face though you notice a small mound of horses droppings indicating that somebody must have passed through. As you continue to look you find wagon ruts running somewhat to the north of the "know direction spell".

Bladehunter217
2013-02-26, 09:49 PM
"Alright, the only thing I can say is to follow the spore. Come little ones, we've still a walk ahead of us." Helbark then starts trudging in the direction of the minor trail and the few presents the horses left behind.

drack
2013-02-26, 09:52 PM
Dusk sets in and darkness claims the lands as you notice lights appearing ahead of you, further along the trail.

Bladehunter217
2013-02-27, 08:47 AM
Helbark waves at the others and puts a finger in front of his mouth. He then walks directly towards the lights signing a dwarven tune, badly. He starts walking in a zigzag pattern and pulls his waterskin out for easier access.

drack
2013-03-02, 06:31 PM
As you stumble down the road a small Thorpe with nice thatched houses comes into view amidst the leafless trees. An inn cleverly placed where any traveler would have to come face to face with it were they passing through seems alight with activity for such a late hour, but you soon see the cause. Beside the inn rests a cart filled with sacks, evidence of a trader in town. The rest of the town is rather quiet where the decent folk sleep.

The night air seems calm and chill as the merriment of the inn paints the walkway with shadows of joviality and merriment.

Bladehunter217
2013-03-07, 10:40 AM
"I think we might not be lost anymore, hopefully the people up ahead are not hungry for our innards."

Mo_the_Hawked
2013-03-09, 08:33 AM
Grulk

With what he believes to be a haughty smirk Grulk presses forward, "Grulk not afraid of innard eaters, Grulk has mighty wand! All should fear Grulks wand!"

Bladehunter217
2013-03-09, 08:43 AM
"Grulk, simmer down a little. Where i come from, that is known as a joke. I doubt whoever is ahead is going to be hostile."
Helbark then thinks to himself, Blasted orc-kin, why do we need a 'wizard' anyway?

drack
2013-03-10, 08:00 PM
A drunken man stumbles from the Princes Bane Inn, and off towards his house. Half way there he trips falling on his face before picking himself up with a sly smile to nobody in particular and going the rest of the way. The door raps shut gently behind him.