PDA

View Full Version : Think this would be good plot twist?

Techmagss
2013-02-22, 07:45 PM
Okay I'm running a campaign and I want a frequent plot point to be that the only PC in the game encounters a old, corroded stone statue frequently that gives him directions, like pointing.
However, this statue looks like him. So in about level 7 I want a point to be revealed that this is his future self, forever trapped should he choose a decision in endgame that is destructive. When he chooses a decision that does not reault in his destruction, he must fight the statue 8 times, as that is the total he will ee him. The statue will turn into Shadow Londi, and each form gets progressively more dangerous, with the final form being a greater Shadow Lord, a Homebrewed monster. Is this too railroad or is it interesting?

Grinner
2013-02-22, 07:54 PM
As with all preplanned plots, what happens when the player decides not to follow the breadcrumb-lined trail?

Techmagss
2013-02-22, 08:27 PM
I just go along with it honestly it gives me a chance to create the world more.

AuraTwilight
2013-02-22, 09:09 PM
Sounds like it could work. Give it a shot.

Templarkommando
2013-02-22, 09:55 PM
If this were going to be a novelization, I'd say that the reason the statues are there involves time travel, and slowly reveal something about the nature of how the statues came into being.

Slipperychicken
2013-02-22, 11:49 PM
"Oh ****, a moving statue! I bet it's some kind of construct or a gargoyle leading me into a trap. I smash the statue just to be sure"

Techmagss
2013-02-23, 06:27 AM
He can smash the statues, it makes no difference. In fact if he kills all statues he loses the destructive climax, but the greater Shadow Lord is more powerful, as when he destroys them, they pop up in the final area, til all 8 are there.