PDA

View Full Version : Question about Level Adjustment and Buyoff

Silva Stormrage
2013-02-22, 09:03 PM
Hey quick question, if a character has a +1 level adjustment. Buys it off, and then gains another template afterwords with a level adjustment +1 would he count as having a +1 level adjustment for buyoff purposes or +2.

Thanks for your help.

AuraTwilight
2013-02-22, 09:13 PM
+1, I would think.

TuggyNE
2013-02-22, 09:40 PM
+1, as far as I know.

Urpriest
2013-02-22, 10:04 PM
The guy who wrote LA buyoff didn't realize that a character could gain level adjustment in the middle of their career from templates. So indeterminate, ask your DM.

Cog
2013-02-22, 10:32 PM
The guy who wrote LA buyoff didn't realize that a character could gain level adjustment in the middle of their career from templates.
Is this speculation? The way it works now, it keeps you from repeatedly taking and selling off low-adjustment templates when the XP cost for doing so would be relatively cheap, so that might be intentional.

Urpriest
2013-02-22, 11:48 PM
Is this speculation? The way it works now, it keeps you from repeatedly taking and selling off low-adjustment templates when the XP cost for doing so would be relatively cheap, so that might be intentional.

Can you back that up? By my reading, it says nothing concrete about whether you can or can't do that. Which is the whole problem. If the guy making it remembered acquired templates existed, there would have been explicit language about it.