PDA

View Full Version : I need advice

Immabozo
2013-02-23, 02:44 AM
So I want to make a war hulk from the Miniatures Handbook, so I need a large race, and I was thinking I would love to add a few levels of Warshaper. Any ideas on race,class combos for this? I was thinking Werebear, cause the hybrid form is large, but thats a steep cost and it only might fly!

EDIT: This is 3.5 by the way

Srasy
2013-02-23, 03:45 AM
Changeling with permanent enlarge person?

Immabozo
2013-02-23, 03:48 AM
Can Enlarge person be permanancied?

Immabozo
2013-02-23, 03:51 AM
I'm also looking at just forgetting the war shaper, but I need 5 BAB for the war hulk PrC. Any suggestions on class? Barbarian is kinda what I am looking at

ArcturusV
2013-02-23, 04:31 AM
Yes, you can permanency an Enlarge Person. Of course on the slightly easier to qualify standard (It requires a caster level 9 to be able to Permanency, and is of course disruptable). You could go for a race like Half-Ogre, which should be more palatable for the average DM than some other options.

limejuicepowder
2013-02-23, 08:49 AM
My favorite entry to warhulk is (any race) (2 levels of a full BaB class) stoneblessed (goliath) 3 barb 1, taking the mountain rage ACF. Take your first warhulk level at 7. Now, you are only large when raging, thus you only gain access to the warhulk abilities while raging...making you The Incredible Hulk.

Extra rage is highly recommended for this build.

You'll also have to get the OK from your DM about qualifying for warhulk to begin with, since you'll only be large for a couple of rounds per day. I would imagine most would be good with it though.

Slipperychicken
2013-02-23, 09:09 AM
Half-Minotaur, from dragon magazine, is a good way to do it. It certaintly gives you bang for your LA.

Here's one I like: Half-Minotaur Half-Ogre Strongheart Halfling (LA 2, Large +18ish Str, +8Con, bonus feat, other goodies) Dungeoncrasher6/Pouncebarian1/WarHulkX. Take Knockback, use a two-handed weapon, and send people flying into walls. The Str/Con more than make up for the HD and BAB lost to LA.

pbdr
2013-02-23, 09:16 AM
Would a half-giant's powerful build allow entry to the class? You're no large per-se, but you count as large for weapon use, etc.....

Immabozo
2013-02-23, 02:06 PM
Would a half-giant's powerful build allow entry to the class? You're no large per-se, but you count as large for weapon use, etc.....

But no reach, right?

I am looking at Half Ogre, but I am not really impressed by taking barbi 5 for the BAB, what is the best way to get the 5 BAB to qualify?