PDA

View Full Version : diablo 3 login issues

Traab
2013-02-23, 12:02 PM
Ugh, why the effin hell is this so hard? I finally got around to reinstalling diablo 3 after I had to reformat my computer a few months back, and now it wont let me log in because "a change in your login patterns has been detected" Yeah, I reinstalled it after several months, no &^$%*%$ there is a change. Ok, whatever, i have to verify its me even though I have all my login info. For whatever reason, the verification process isnt working, BUT, when I tried to go submit a trouble ticket, (in itself a total pita) I was able to input the info THERE and it said it sent me an email to fix the problem but ive gotten nothing so far. WHY CANT THEY JUST LET ME PLAY MY FRIGGING GAME?!

The_Jackal
2013-02-23, 12:33 PM
Remember that morons and jerks ruin things for everyone. Blizzard's security and DRM policies have adapted to account for a user base that won't use tough credentials and often share them with other people, coupled with a substantial number of hackers who will exploit the former to make money, which costs Blizzard money, when the afformentioned users come back demanding their stuff back (not that the stuff costs money, but the GM time does). Diablo III doesn't have a subscription, so literally every second they spend on customer support is a sunk cost. Therefore, they've built a system that is as ironclad as they can make it, and yet has almost no human intervention.

If you want to improve your Blizzard gaming experience a thousand-fold, get an authenticator. It's free if you have an iPhone or an Android, and only $6.50 if you need a physical one.

Traab
2013-02-23, 12:38 PM
That wont do me any good now since I cant get this supposed email that resets my password to show up. This stupid "security feature" where if your playing habits change is pointless in this case. If I havent played for many months and suddenly I relog in, either its me coming back, or the original owner still doesnt care and whoever hacked it wants to play. In either case, blizzard shouldnt give a damn unless an issue is brought up.

Something similar happened in WoW. My account got hacked while I had been taking a break and someone changed the password. I was able to send in a ticket, and prove it was mine getting my account back. It took awhile to get it unbanned and to get most of my stuff back, but in that case I didnt mind waiting. The point is, there wasnt an issue until there was a dispute over who the account holder actually was, and there isnt a dispute in this case. You cant go off something as vague as playing habits changing as proof to lock down an account.

*EDIT* I should also add that I have been playing WoW for months now and since it is all under the same battlenet account, it makes even less sense to lock me out as clearly my account has been seeing constant use. So now, if the email ever effing shows up, I will be forced to change my password despite there being no issues with my account security. God I hate blizzard and their always online rules. I can play diablo 2 far easier than 3.

Traab
2013-02-23, 01:26 PM
MOTHER *(&^%*^&%(*&^!!!! Now it wont let me play WoW for the same reason and I STILL havent gotten my email!

The New Bruceski
2013-02-23, 04:01 PM
Can you confirm the address the email was sent to (not to me, to yourself)? You may have been hacked. A reset email does no good if it's being mailed to a hacker's address.

Traab
2013-02-23, 04:20 PM
In order to get a password reset sent to you, you have to use your email account and the first and last name you used to register. if any of the info isnt accurate it gives you an error message. So since I used the same email and it went through, I should get one eventually. I just. . . hate blizzard so much sometimes. Its bad enough everything is online all the time, but the fact that everything is linked to the same account means you are royally screwed if you get hacked, and just as royally screwed when blizzard screws up like this. I cant play WoW, Starcraft, OR Diablo 3, all because I tried to reinstall my d3 game. /sigh