PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Warforged Berserker build?

Brains
2013-02-23, 02:09 PM
I've only recently looked into optimized builds and decided to throw together a little something and see how well it plays out. I decided on a Warforged Juggernaught and go forward from there. My goal was to be immune to as much as possible, and unless I screwed up somewhere (I'm posting so you can help me find any mistakes) I think its working pretty well. I decided to also merge a charger build in with it so my damage output is decent. My recent result was Ftr4/Bbn1/WFJ5/Frenzied Berserker10

ECL 1 ........Ftr1........AdamantineB,Toughness, *
Trollblooded,flaw:shaky,
flaw:frail, Cleave
ECL 2 ........Ftr2 ........Power Attack
ECL 3 ........Bbn1 ........Improved Bull rush, Pounce Variant
ECL 4 ........Ftr3 ........-
ECL 5 ........Ftr4 ........Extra Rage
ECL 6 ........WFJ1 ........Intimidating Rage
ECL 7 ........WFJ2 ........-
ECL 8 ........WFJ3 ........-
ECL 9 ........WFJ4 ........Destructive Rage
ECL 10.......WFJ5 ........-
ECL 11.......Fbsk1 ........-
ECL 12.......Fbsk2 ........Leap Attack
ECL 13.......Fbsk3 ........-
ECL 14.......Fbsk4 ........-
ECL 15.......Fbsk5 ........Shock Trooper
ECL 16.......Fbsk6 ........-
ECL 17.......Fbsk7 ........-
ECL 18.......Fbsk8 ........extra rage
ECL 19.......Fbsk9 ........-
ECL 20.......Fbsk10........-

*Flaws required for extra feats, ftr lvls required for extra feats, toughness required for trollblooded, trollblooded for dmg=>nonlethal, Adamantine Body for prereq for Juggernaut

I would love to fit in a level of Exotic Weapon master with a Bastard Sword so I could get double strength as well as a 6 for 1 Power Attack on a pounce full attack, but with the BAB prereq theres no way I will be able to fit it in and still have 10 levels of Frenzied Berserker.

All I have done is made it fit together to be optimized by level 20. While leveling I would not be surprised if it is terrible. If anyone has suggestions to how this build could flow better through the levels as well as any improvements or mistakes I overlooked I would greatly appreciate it.

Brains
2013-02-23, 02:26 PM
I compiled a list of immunities by level 10
Fatigue
poison
sleep effects
paralysis
disease
nausea
exhaustion
energy drain
Lethal Damage
all mind-affecting spells and abilities
death effects and necromancy effects
ability damage or ability drain
NOT immune to acid or fire.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-02-23, 02:48 PM
You have to take Power Attack before Cleave. You can't take Extra Rage as a Fighter bonus feat.

Consider using fewer Fighter levels, I'd only get two. I'd get two Barbarian levels, use Wolf-Totem Barbarian (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wolfTotemClassFeatures ) for Improved Trip, and take Knock-Down (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#knockDown). Whirling Frenzy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm#rageVariantWhirlingFrenzy ) is a great alternative to traditional Rage, especially since the extra attack it grants stacks with an extra attack gained from Haste, as well as the one from FB's Frenzy. Get Barbarian at 1st level instead of Fighter, since you get x4 base skill points at 1st and Barbarian gets twice as many. Starting out Barbarian 2/ Fighter 2, you need one more class level before WFJ, so I'd put either Warblade or Crusader there. You can use martial maneuvers in a Rage/Frenzy as long as they don't use the Concentration skill.

Brains
2013-02-23, 03:01 PM
You have to take Power Attack before Cleave. You can't take Extra Rage as a Fighter bonus feat.

Consider using fewer Fighter levels, I'd only get two. I'd get two Barbarian levels, use Wolf-Totem Barbarian (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wolfTotemClassFeatures ) for Improved Trip, and take Knock-Down (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineAbilitiesFeats.htm#knockDown). Whirling Frenzy (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/classFeatureVariants.htm#rageVariantWhirlingFrenzy ) is a great alternative to traditional Rage, especially since the extra attack it grants stacks with an extra attack gained from Haste, as well as the one from FB's Frenzy. Get Barbarian at 1st level instead of Fighter, since you get x4 base skill points at 1st and Barbarian gets twice as many. Starting out Barbarian 2/ Fighter 2, you need one more class level before WFJ, so I'd put either Warblade or Crusader there. You can use martial maneuvers in a Rage/Frenzy as long as they don't use the Concentration skill.
Ah thanks for pointing out the extra rage mistake. I'm so used to the feats I choose being extra fighter feats I would never have caught that. I can't use the Wolf Totem variant because I am already using Lion Totem in order to get a full round attack after a charge. As for Whirling Frenzy, I made a seperate build for that which I haven't posted because Whirling Frenzy does not stack with other rage effects, i.e. Frenzy.

With two flaws, I suppose I don't actually need a fighter level at level 1, because only out of those four feats power attack/cleave can be taken at level 2 so I'll make that change.

Edit: Wait which variant is it that has pounce instead of Fast movement? :smalleek: I mistyped it does not appear to be Lion totem.

Edit2: I found it. It is the Lion spiritual totem from Complete Champion.

Postmodernist
2013-02-23, 03:20 PM
Consider some suggestions from this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109775) thread.

Brains
2013-02-23, 03:32 PM
Consider some suggestions from this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109775) thread.

Ahh, cool I'll look into that. Thanks!

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-02-23, 04:47 PM
Ah thanks for pointing out the extra rage mistake. I'm so used to the feats I choose being extra fighter feats I would never have caught that. I can't use the Wolf Totem variant because I am already using Lion Totem in order to get a full round attack after a charge. As for Whirling Frenzy, I made a seperate build for that which I haven't posted because Whirling Frenzy does not stack with other rage effects, i.e. Frenzy.

With two flaws, I suppose I don't actually need a fighter level at level 1, because only out of those four feats power attack/cleave can be taken at level 2 so I'll make that change.

Edit: Wait which variant is it that has pounce instead of Fast movement? :smalleek: I mistyped it does not appear to be Lion totem.

Edit2: I found it. It is the Lion spiritual totem from Complete Champion.

The Lion spiritual totem is an alternate class feature, it can be added to any variation of Barbarian that still gets Fast Movement. You can definitely combine Wolf Totem and the Lion spiritual totem.

You can use Whirling Frenzy plus FB Frenzy at the same time just like you can Rage + Frenzy, you just can't use it at the same time as Rage (per the Barbarian ability) if you get it from another source.

Brains
2013-02-23, 05:50 PM
The Lion spiritual totem is an alternate class feature, it can be added to any variation of Barbarian that still gets Fast Movement. You can definitely combine Wolf Totem and the Lion spiritual totem.

You can use Whirling Frenzy plus FB Frenzy at the same time just like you can Rage + Frenzy, you just can't use it at the same time as Rage (per the Barbarian ability) if you get it from another source.

Dual Lion totem.. that's awesome.

But are you sure about the frenzy+WF? The SRD says: A character can't use whirling frenzy at the same time that he uses any other form of rage (or similar ability). I would consider Frenzy a similar ability, but I suppose its up to interpretation.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-02-23, 06:44 PM
It's referring to the Barbarian Rage ability and other abilities that wouldn't normally stack with a Barbarian's Rage. For purposes of what can stack, Whirling Frenzy = Barbarian Rage. You can combine Barbarian Rage with FB Frenzy, so you can combine Whirling Frenzy with FB Frenzy.

You can't combine Lion Totem Barbarian with the Lion spiritual totem, as you wouldn't have the Fast Movement class feature to trade out. Wolf Totem still gets Fast Movement, so you can use the Lion spiritual totem with it. On the subject of multiple animal totems, there are no totem poles with just one animal on them, so it makes sense to emulate multiple different animals with class features.