PDA

View Full Version : Do you homebrew races here?

gurgleflep
2013-02-23, 04:14 PM
I've no clue if you do races or not, all I've seen is classes, so I figured I'd ask.

If no: sorry for having wasted your time with this message
If yes: would it be possible to have a non-psionic illithid that's LA is reduced to zero or as close as possible? Basically just with tentacles, extract, and telepathy for the speech.

Gnorman
2013-02-23, 04:51 PM
Say, something like this?

Lesser Illithid

• +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength, -2 Constitution
• Medium Size.
• A lesser illithid's base land speed is 30'.
• Abberation type.
• Telepathy: A lesser illithid has natural telepathy out to a range of 30'.
• Tentacles: A lesser illithid has four natural tentacle attacks. Each one deals 1d4 bludgeoning damage. It can attach its tentacles, one at a time, to an opponent's head with a successful grapple check.
• Extract: If a lesser illithid begins its turn with all four tentacles attached to an opponent's head and makes a successful grapple check, it extracts that opponent's brain.
• Automatic Languages: Undercommon. Bonus Languages:
• Favored Class: Psion

Grod_The_Giant
2013-02-23, 05:07 PM
(That's still probably a +1)

Xuldarinar
2013-02-23, 05:17 PM
I've not seen much but they do appear. I've a few races on my mind so maybe in time I may post them to see what others think.

Bhu
2013-02-23, 05:26 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191968

Frathe
2013-02-23, 05:41 PM
People definitely homebrew races here. I've made some myself. You just have to really look for them because they're comparatively few and far between.

Yora
2013-02-23, 05:46 PM
LA +0 non-psionic ilithid? That would basically be a human with tentacles in his face.
A mind flayer who doesn't do any mind flaying doesn't seem like a great idea.

Frathe
2013-02-23, 06:11 PM
LA +0 non-psionic ilithid? That would basically be a human with tentacles in his face.Or like Zoidberg.