PDA

View Full Version : Lost in time

Bladehunter217
2013-02-23, 06:48 PM
Welcome to Cliffport, the city that has been your home for the past few decades. The northern district, dominated by the Drow, stretches to the cliffs overlooking the sea. To the South is the wetlands, where land and sea mix giving home to Merfolk, who live in poverty, unable to compete with the Drow's abilities. Throughout the city are homes of Tieflings and other humanoid races.

Savior
2013-02-24, 11:38 PM
Vero

Vero, the young and cocky drow Sorcerer, keeps his tamed, but still unruly, pet snapping turtle on his shoulders as he walks around the major portion of his home city. Peeking around at all the people he passes, Vero wanders around looking for a place to wet his whistle, hopefully low-brow and riddled with criminal types.

Bladehunter217
2013-02-25, 10:10 AM
Just from living in Cliffpport for the decades he has, Vero knows of a few low-brow places that would prove promising. The Cold Snake is built partially over water so that water-dwelling and land-dwelling customers alike could partake festivities. It is run by a middle aged Tiefling named Calim who is missing his right eye. Calim used to be a pirate on a ship called Snake's Edge, but he retired shortly after losing his eye and that is all Vero knows from simple rumors. Another tavern is The Iron Chair which is closer to Vero's home but Drow rarely enter as most of its patrons are Tieflings. Both the establishments are known for their customers being rowdy in the less lawful sense of the term.

Savior
2013-02-25, 04:38 PM
Vero

Rubbing his pet's small head, Vero sets off on foot for the Iron Chair, hoping to stir up some ruckus before lurking around town for some more fun to have.

Upon arriving at the establishment, Vero just knocks the door inward, and makes a direct line for the bar, asking, in a loud and cocky voice, for a decent mug of ale, holding all the spit and grime the place had to offer.

Bladehunter217
2013-02-25, 05:34 PM
The bartender, a Tiefling with very broad shoulders, glares at Vero when he enters. A few patrons look up and give similar looks but one scrawny thing covered in rags throws a mug at Vero's head. The mug flies past Vero, inches away from his ear and smashes against the doorway, pieces bouncing away from the door, into the street, onto the floor and harmlessly against Vero's back. The bartender pulled a kitchen knife from beneath the bar and held it ready in his left arm, glaring at the ragged man.

Savior
2013-02-25, 05:49 PM
Vero

Corey begins to snap at the air towards the man throwing mugs, but Vero simply pets the young turtles shell. "Calm down, Corey. He's just a blatant buffoon who doesn't know what he's doing." Vero turns to the origin of the thrown mug, finding the man that threw it. "Isn't that right, Sir?"

Bladehunter217
2013-02-25, 05:53 PM
"Oh, I know exactly what I'm doing, I threw a mug at a Drow scum-eater." The ragged man said taking a mug from someone else and drinking out of it.
The bartender slamed the knife in to the bar shouting, "Draken, if you are going to throw my Gheren mugs, you are going to replace them."

Savior
2013-02-25, 06:02 PM
Vero

Vero pulled Corey off of his shoulder, and guided the pet onto the counter. Corey instantly began yipping and biting at Vero, but Vero wouldn't let the young animal fight.

"If you throw another one of those, something bad might happen."

Preparing Mage hand, so if he throws another mug, Vero will grasp it out of the air, and toss it back.

Bladehunter217
2013-02-25, 06:13 PM
The ragged man laughed and finished his drink, handing the empty mug back to the man he took it from. Noticing the pause the bartender turned to Vero and spoke accusingly. "What do you want?"

Savior
2013-02-25, 06:17 PM
Vero

"I told you. I want something to drink. Did you not hear it over some Teifling buffoon throwing things?" Vero picks Corey back up, kind of let down he couldn't get into a major brawl.

Bladehunter217
2013-02-25, 06:34 PM
"Of course you want a drink, everybody wants a drink, aint that why I'm here? Question is, how strong do you want it?"

Savior
2013-02-25, 06:42 PM
Vero

"Strong enough to make me forget I associated with tieflings. "

Bladehunter217
2013-02-28, 01:53 PM
"I can give you a hand with that scrawny." The ragged man spoke while waving a fist.
The bartender looked Vero over before pouring a brown liquid into a short glass, then he took another bottle from below the counter. The second bottle was much thinner and contained a clear liquid. He thought for a moment then poured a small amount of the clear liquid into the glass. "This should be enough for you."

Savior
2013-02-28, 02:16 PM
Vero

Paying the man a bit of coin, Vero took a step back from the counter, and wavered a hand at the glass. Using his arcane talent, Vero picked the glass up with his spell power, and let it float through the air, until it made it's way to the ragged man. Tipping the bottom of the mug, he poured it down, all over the ragged man, followed by dropping the glass right out of the air.

He grabbed his pet turtle, and tipped an imaginary hat. "I bid you all farewell." Vero snickered, making a break for the door.

Bladehunter217
2013-02-28, 02:45 PM
The ragged man stands and shouts a few arcane words, pointing a hand towards Vero. The door slams shut and locks, inches from Vero's Face.
"Draken, you do not lock my doors when my bar is still open." The barkeep said, reaching for his knife again.

Savior
2013-02-28, 03:25 PM
Vero

Smiling, he pointed his hand to the door, and began to knock on it. "Old man has a few tricks up his sleeve. It's amusing."

Vero placed his pet on his shoulder once more, and turned to face the ragged old man. Wiggling the pit of his nose, he mumbled some novice arcane words, and an aura surrounded his right hand. He tapped the door, and turned it's normal coloration into a bright red look, like oozing blood.

"You don't want me to directly harm you, mister. Just unlock the door, and I'll be on my way."

Savior
2013-02-28, 03:29 PM
Sorry for the double post, forgot to put in my Bluff roll.

Bluff:[roll0]

Also, i used Prestidigitation.

Bladehunter217
2013-02-28, 04:04 PM
The ragged man grins. "Just because I can lock something doesn't mean I can unlock it. You're gonna have to do that by yourself." Two men in the path between Vero and the ragged man stood, walking over to the bar.

Savior
2013-02-28, 05:01 PM
Vero

"Alright then. How about I beat you real quick. Turn your body into a battering ram, and get out of here by myself." Vero begins walking towards the ragged man, expending more arcane words in the process. Every time he passes a table, he tips his fingers on it, changing the way it looks. Most times, they turn to an ooze look of slimy blood, but on the third and last one, the table looked splintered, and torn down the middle.

Bladehunter217
2013-02-28, 05:51 PM
"You could do that." He paused and muttered a few more words and tapped the table before him which appeared to become iron. "Or at least, you could try."

Savior
2013-02-28, 06:36 PM
Vero

Reeling his hand back, Vero mumbled just a few words, and slung his palm forward. In the heat of the air, a rainbow of specks crashed the fifteen feet forward to collide with the ragged man's face. As the glitter-like cloud fell on the man, immense arcane power wriggled into the man's nostrils.

Using color spray. 3/4 spells per day. DC 15, will.

Bladehunter217
2013-02-28, 06:50 PM
He blinks a few times, shakes his head and falls face first into the table.

I rolled a 5 on that save so he'll be out for a little longer than normal.

Savior
2013-02-28, 07:01 PM
Vero

Vero walks back to the door, and taps his chin a bit. He took a few seconds to attempt to just pry the old door open with a plank of wood or something else around the bar.

"I'd really hate to blow up this nice door. So if any of you would like to help get this open, it would be much appreciated." In his asking, he mumbled a few words, and smoke billowed out of his finger tip. It was a dark red colour, that grew bolder and looked hotter the longer the door was shut.

Prestidigitation for the smoke.

Bladehunter217
2013-02-28, 07:36 PM
The bartender started putting his knife away and spoke without even looking up. "Theres a latch near the top of the door, you've got to turn it to the left before pulling down."

With a little inspection Vero sees the latch, its hard to see unless you look straight at it, but it isn't hidden.

You can see it so long as your looking for it so no kind of check is necessary to find it. When casting spells and arguing with the man.

Savior
2013-02-28, 07:48 PM
Vero

Vero pulls the latch just right, and unlocks the door. "Thank you for the service. And, sorry for roughing up a customer. Maybe next time I show up, I won't have to impart some manners into a patron of yours."

Vero tips his imaginary hat once more, and leaves with Corey snapping at the air, still firmly on Vero's shoulder. He checks the sky, trying to discern what time it is, and whether he can still travel around the port city for a bit.

Bladehunter217
2013-02-28, 09:14 PM
Just by looking at the sky Vero can tell its mid-afternoon, maybe three or fours hours after the sun reached its highest point. There is probably three hours left of sunlight.

Savior
2013-02-28, 09:29 PM
Vero

Vero looks at his bit, who begins to yawn. "Alright buddy. I know, today's been kind of a long day, but I have more to do." Vero walks to the center of it all, and bites his thumb, noticing all the type of people in town this time of day.

Bladehunter217
2013-03-01, 07:47 AM
When Vero left the bar, most of the people were Tieflings and a few Drow. As Vero walks away from it, he sees less Tieflings and more Drow. At the center of town which is really just where three roads and a stream intersect, there are about forty Drow, a half-dozen Tieflings, two Merfolk in the stream and five small creatures Vero doesn't immediately recognize.

Savior
2013-03-01, 03:35 PM
Vero

Vero walks over to the small group of people he doesn't recognize off the top of his head. Extending a hand, he began to speak calmly. "Hello. My name is Vero, and I just wanted to ask exactly what race you were. I am a Drow, myself."

Bladehunter217
2013-03-01, 04:16 PM
They each are about 4 feet tall with arms and legs a bit too long and are bowlegged. They have small pointed ears and a flat round nose. Think brown hair covers their arms and legs almost to the point where it looks like fur. They wear old simple clothing, torn for the most part. One of them looked up and tilted his head towards Vero. The other four glared and crossed their arms.

Savior
2013-03-01, 04:30 PM
Vero

"I didn't mean it in a rude manner. I'm an arcane man, and I enjoy new knowledge. I apologize if I offended you, but I simply am curious of the world around me."

Bladehunter217
2013-03-01, 05:18 PM
The first one turned to the others and spoke in a language Vero does not know or recognize. They each took a turn to speak before looking back at Vero.

Savior
2013-03-01, 05:41 PM
Vero

Vero clears his throat, hand still extended, and his mouth turned up into a friendly smile. "Do you lot even understand me?"

Bladehunter217
2013-03-01, 06:18 PM
The largest one, almost four feet, three inches tall turns back to Vero. "I do, they do not." He then turns back to the others and continues jabbering in their language.

Savior
2013-03-01, 06:41 PM
Vero

Shrugging, Vero turns to Corey and then walks off towards his place of rest. "Time to rest, Corey."

Bladehunter217
2013-03-02, 10:20 AM
Vero's home is a short walk, maybe ten minutes if he takes the most direct route, half-hour if he takes the scenic route. It is fairly small, big enough for Vero and another person if he so chose, but not so big to be expensive.

Savior
2013-03-02, 07:40 PM
Vero

Vero places Corey inside his home, and then gets prepared for bed. As soon as he was ready, Vero went to bed.

Bladehunter217
2013-03-05, 10:34 AM
Vero dreams of his life before moving to Cliffport and of Cliffport itself. His dreams take him across the ocean to a small island with a small volcano taking up most of it. The mountain sighs out a great heap of dust which drifts towards the ocean. After but a moment it begins to leak from the top and sides, moving towards a small village of the small bow-legged people Vero saw earlier.

Vero awakes in a sweat, moonlight seeping through the cracks of his shuttered window making his room seem otherworldly.

Savior
2013-03-08, 03:56 PM
Vero

Seeing a bright flash when he awakes, this burst of colour left to see his dark and depressing room. He shook his head, folded himself over on his bed to find Corey lieing on his shell, simply snoring and dreaming. Smiling and giving the snapping turtle a pat on his hard underbelly, Vero drifted off for more sleep, hopefully.

Bladehunter217
2013-03-08, 05:31 PM
Vero again dreams the same dream of the island across the sea, but does not awake until morning. Throughout the dream, he hears chanting, all though it does not come from the island. The chanting is coming from behind him, back at Cliffport. For some reason the chants make their way across the sea to the island somehow connected.
When Vero awakes, he is lying on the ground next to his bed. His head hurts in the way it usually does on the morning of a bad hangover, but he is certain he didn't drink before bed.

Savior
2013-03-10, 06:03 PM
Vero

Vero rubbed his temples and then stood up weakly. He looked at Corey who was still on his back, enjoying his sleep. Vero shoved the small turtle over onto it's stomach, waking it up. "Get up. We need to go out and find someone."

As soon as Vero was ready, he walked to the outside light with wincing eyes. He took a stroll, trying to find some local arcane or divine stand out, like a magic shop, or a fortune teller.

Bladehunter217
2013-03-10, 06:10 PM
Vero happens to live a few blocks down from a soothsayer, who is an old Drow diviner. The shop is always open, somehow the old Drow knowing whenever someone was inside.

Savior
2013-03-10, 09:34 PM
Vero

With Corey on his left shoulder, Vero walked into the divine shop, and walked to the clerk counter, making it audibly clear he wanted to speak to the owner.

Bladehunter217
2013-03-11, 08:50 PM
Entering the shop, Vero almost walked into the owner. The owner ignored him and walked around, gathering components for simple spells. "Are you here about the dreams?" The old man asked, reaching the back counter and a bowl of water sitting on it.

Savior
2013-03-12, 01:56 AM
Vero

"I sure am. And I take it by your ability to know why I'm here, you can interpret them rather expertly?"

Vero followed the old shop keep, keeping Corey on his shoulder for safe keeping.

Bladehunter217
2013-03-12, 09:15 AM
"No, I just figured you came here the same reason the others did. It seems that most of the arcane casters in the city had the same dream. What I can do is try to figure out why, shared dreams are not common and do not generally bode well."

Savior
2013-03-12, 03:00 PM
Vero

"What did the other casters do once you told them you could not help?"

Bladehunter217
2013-03-13, 08:24 AM
"For the most part they left, some are downstairs, claimed my shrine just to find out what was going on with them. I told them not to bother, the dream didn't feel like it was a warning, It felt to me as though it were an act of desperation."

Savior
2013-03-13, 03:42 PM
Vero

"What do you mean desperation?"

Bladehunter217
2013-03-14, 12:46 AM
"A call for help. There was no violence, some directed at the people from a mountain, but nothing from another being. There is only one group of intelligent beings so I doubt it was a threat against them." He thought before a moment before saying. "Unless someone has the power to make that happen, that would take a very powerful being to make a volcano erupt."

Savior
2013-03-14, 02:23 AM
Vero

These small people, the people on the island that erupted, what is their race called? I met a few late in the day yesterday. They never told me, and only one could speak a language I could.

Bladehunter217
2013-03-14, 08:55 AM
"I'm a Seer, not a library, I do not know the name of every race out there. I did not even know about this island before the dream. You met some? I did not know any outsiders were in the city, it is a rare occurrence indeed."

Savior
2013-03-14, 01:50 PM
Vero

Do you think it's a warning, or alert? Something to do with the dreams?

Bladehunter217
2013-03-14, 01:55 PM
"Warning, plea, side-effect, who really knows? All I can do is guess and try to see for myself."

Savior
2013-03-14, 02:09 PM
Vero

"Thank you for your time. If the dream changes in any way, I'll be sure to let you know." Vero pets his small turtle, and walks outside.

Bladehunter217
2013-03-17, 02:43 PM
The seer waves you away, obviously tired of answering the same questions. It is a good morning, the wind cools off the summer heat just enough to be comfortable. Luckily enough, the city has not woken up yet and as such, the streets are not too busy.