PDA

View Full Version : V:tM: on diablerizing a Baali

JeenLeen
2013-02-23, 10:06 PM
Is there any reference to extra detrimental side effects for diablerizing a Baali, i.e., their demonic corruption or link somehow/somewhat passes to the diablerist?

If not, I plan to add something for it like how selling your soul can lead to corruption and loss of control in the M:tA Book of Madness, but if a vampire source exists, I'd rather go with that. Or just have it give a random derangement to make the players fearful about targeting Baali. Thoughts?

(I'm doing an alternative history game where, before the times of the Anarch Revolt, an army led by the Baali arose and have conquered basically everything but western Europe. Currently early 1500s. So chances to diablerize will come up, but I want it to be risky.)

LongVin
2013-02-24, 10:41 PM
I don't believe any info was every officially given on this.

Driderman
2013-02-25, 12:04 PM
Well, there's the very real danger of having an Devil-Vampire's soul trapped inside your body with you...

comicshorse
2013-02-25, 08:56 PM
Yeah I had a Vampire character who always said he'd never diablerize because it involved consuming the soul of the victim and only the Baali deserved so horrible a fate and there was no way he was going to mingle his soul with a Baali.

You could have a demon appear to the Diablerist and point out that the Balli had sold his soul to the demon and as the Diablerist has made the Baali's soul part of him his soul is now the demon's
This could be true which gives the poor (?) guy a whole new set of problems. Or just be a bluff intended to lure the Diablerist into the Demon's control. ( 'You're soul is mine but I will release it for certain....services')
For an added twist it could be the Baali new his contract was due and arranged to be Diablerized, choosing obliteration over an eternity in hell

Malistrae
2013-03-07, 03:32 AM
While there is nothing officially, I think it would be logical to have some sort of penalty for consuming a demon-tainted soul. Maybe the diableriser's Humanity fades quicker, or something similar. Or the Baali could whisper constantly in the head of the pc, trying to tempt him into sin (gold material for roleplaying). We could even say that instead of becoming a feral beast when his Humanity reaches zero, the vampire-in-question would be taken over by the Baali soul-fragment.
Edit: You know, like the En bloodine in V:TR Ancient Bloodlines.