PDA

View Full Version : Effigy Help

Jane_Smith
2013-02-24, 03:55 AM
I find myself without complete arcane or a proper writeup of the Effigy Template, and was wondering if someone could either provide the template writeup for me, or perhaps help me make the stat block for the following;

An Effigy Human as a base. Body made of solid dark iron. And there hands enchanted to be +1 flaming dark iron unarmed attacks with the shifting quality to become swords, axes, maces, etc. 32k for the weapon enchantment's I believe.

This essentially;

http://art.ngfiles.com/images/186/generaldracula_fire-demon.jpg

Also, what do you think the costs of the following features would add to its market value?

Fire Immunity, 15 Special Fire Resistance (Special resist that ignores some damage from unpreventable types of fire - mainly hellfire, demonfire, astral fire, spellfire, holy/unholy fire, etc). Spell immunity (as per golems), gains haste from fire spells and healed 1 for 5 ratio, slowed by special types of cold damage only (Such as uttercold, truefrost, unholy/holy frost damage, etc), the ability to spew hellfire (1d6 per hit dice) in a 30 foot cone once every 1d6+4 rounds, and deals that much damage if brought to 0 hit points and detonates in a 30 foot aoe, reflex save for half on both. Oh, and the flame weapons it uses would be hellfire typed, not normal fire.

The idea is essentially a strike force of constructs capable of laying siege in hell. massive damage reduction, healing from the heat of lava/fire and almost constantly hasted, and capable of using flames that even hurt demons and devils, and high spell resistance and the ability to bypass most devil/demons damage reduction.

Chilingsworth
2013-02-24, 07:51 AM
First, what is that actually a picture of? It looks awesome! :smallbiggrin:

Unfortunately, it would be questionably legal (at best) to post the efigy template here, as it isn't OGL.

That said: I'm pretty sure that human effigies would make terrible soldiers.

Also, what is "dark iron?"

As for the add-ons, those sound like they'd have to be a dm fiat thing, or at least something you'd have to negotiate with him/her (assuming you're a player and not dming.) If you are the dm, you could make those add-ons cost whatever you feel is fair.

As an alternative, I'd start with adamantine body warforged, give them the cold iron tracery feat (Races of Eberron) and then enchant their slams and their bodies. That would let you get most of what you want.

Jane_Smith
2013-02-24, 08:18 AM
Er, I meant cold iron. Its the magic resilient metal. I was going to use there bodies made of that as an excuse for there spell resistance. Its a metal mined from hell I believe. As for the picture, no clue, just found it on google image.

The reason I want them to be human shape/sized is due to mass production. Anything larger would be significantly more expensive, not to mention the issue of being able to enter some doorways, etc. I want a storm trooper style demonic construct army of loyal flame spitting explosive terminators that resist magic, feed off fire, and take a siege weapon to the face to even damage for my characters return to hell, anything less then a five hundred such soldiers would not be enough. I also plan for siege weapons and hill giant effigys with similar traits as wall breakers and anti air ranged support.

Oh one last thing, and as constructs/golems, there power source would be a bound fiendish fire elemental. That is all. :smallcool:

Chilingsworth
2013-02-24, 03:07 PM
You plan does sound awesome. I just don't know of any way to accomplish it. Also, human effigies would only have a single d10 hit die, so they'd die pretty darn easily prettymuch no matter how you improve them.

Toy Killer
2013-02-24, 04:04 PM
if your DMing (As it sounds you are...), just simply write up the mob you are looking for, pulling predominately from a sample that has the right Feel.

For Example (from my campaign notes, which fit your description pretty well):

Magnys Grinder:
Outsider (Evil, Lawful, Construct)
2d10 HD (19 hp total)
AC:15 (14 flat footed, 11 touch)
BAB:+4 (+4 Grapple Modifier)
Full Attack: +4 Grinder
Damage: 1d10+3 Grinder (See special attacks below)
Saves: W:+2 F:+3 R:+3
Special Qualities/Feats:Fire/Cold Resistance 5, SR 7, Dark vision 60, Construct Immunities, Power Attack, Toughness
Special Attacks: Grinder (+1d6 damage per missed attack, up to +5d6, at 3d6 and above, all attacks with the Grinders are touch attacks. with additional D6s of damage, strength bonuses are not applied. +d6s of damage are not multiplied by critical hits.)
Attributes: STR14 DEX14 CON - INT10 WIS12 CHR8
Spells prepared:(////) N/A

Notes:
Grinders are foot soldiers of Magnys, with imposing mauls that whine with destruction. The grinder's weapons start to spin and slowly pick up speed until they finally hit their mark, and the spinning is slowed down due to the resistance of flesh and steel beneath it's teeth. Once it gets up to speed, even the heaviest armor won't stop it for long from chewing through to the exposed flesh beneath.

Now this was put together as a level 2 fighter warforged (although I took out the Con score despite the living construct bit). I made up the grinder weapon (As a horror campaign, I wanted abilities that force my players into hard consequences if they fail. I told them early on that death is a very likely event for any of them.) and rolled with it. Individually, they fall apart as a minor nuisance, never even getting a higher damage then a +1d6. in groups of 3 or 4? They are hell to deal with. As each get's more imposing the longer it takes to take them out.

I'm sure you could drop the Grinder and throw down a temporary hit point gain for taking fire damage. Or increase the damage they do based on fire damage they take. Or give them Hive infested with a swarm of elemental Motes (Fire) and let them burn everything around them. Lots of fine tuning available for your consideration.