PDA

View Full Version : Primitive Metamagic

Ruethgar
2013-02-24, 10:52 AM
I have a sorcerer with the Primitive Casting feat. When does metamagic take effect? Could I still or silence a spell then apply Primitive Casting? Better yet, could a still a spell then add the somatic components then still it again? Would Eschew Materials void the added materials of Primitive Casting while still increasing the level?

Eloel
2013-02-24, 11:03 AM
I have a sorcerer with the Primitive Casting feat. When does metamagic take effect? Could I still or silence a spell then apply Primitive Casting? Better yet, could a still a spell then add the somatic components then still it again? Would Eschew Materials void the added materials of Primitive Casting while still increasing the level?

My first instinct suggests you can't add it to a spell that normally has a verbal component, and has been added Silent Spell, since the feat references the spell, which is the base spell.

Though I'm unclear on how it would work if you started on a non-verbal spell, and stacked Primitive Casting with Silent Spell. Repeatedly even, with Arcane Thesis, for infinite CL. (though the repeated part is -very- shaky)

Ruethgar
2013-02-24, 11:17 AM
Would make create water insanely powerful if I could pull that off. Flash flood anyone? lol Looking at it more objectively I can definitely see that Primitive Casting would apply to the base spell, I will continue my search for infinite caster levels then.

VGLordR2
2013-02-24, 03:06 PM
Well, you can't apply an individual Metamagic feat to a spell more than once. So this trick doesn't work.