PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Elf Spellbinder (Divination/Foresight) (into Cyphermage) Critique

Sarone
2013-02-24, 12:44 PM
Greetings all. I have this concept submited for a RotRL (Anversay) campaign and figured it can use a critique on here.

The idea is a Elf Spellbinder that will be going into Cyphermage PRC. Mostly, it'll be more of a diviner (foresight) path, using scrolls to augment the spellcasting.

Charcter sheet is here (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=29963)

Stats:
Strength: 7
Dexterity: 14
Constitution: 12
Intelligence: 18
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 12

Fort: +1, Reflex: +2, Will: +4
Traits:
Dilettante Artist (Racial): +1 Bonus to Diplomacy and +1 to a Perfom Category. One becomes a class skill.

Scholar of the Ancients (Campaign): +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (arcana) checks and Knowledge (History)

Feats:
Cosmopolitan: Perception and Sense Motive are class Skills. Know Dwarven and Varisian

Skills (Those with points in, all others don't):
Diplomacy: +6 (Mostly to provide help to the party face while not being hamstrung if I'm by myself)
Knowledge( Arcana): +9
Knowledge(Geography): +8
Knowledge(History): +9
Linguistics: +8
Spellcraft: +8

I'm thinking about getting Cypher Magic and Cypher Script at 3 and 5 (Probably Script before Magic) in order to get teh prerequisites for Cyphermage

Also, the Familiar is something nice, so I'm thinking of getting Skill Focus in in one of the Knowledge Skills, then get Eldritch Heritage (Arcane) to get the familiar (since it goes with character level -2, it'll continue to get better than just going regular wizard).

Wisdom and Charisma: Having a 20 at first level doesn't sit right with me. That, and I like the idea that he has a bit more expression and personality than V. That, and the wisdom modifier helps with the perception tests while diplomacy let's me talk if we don't have a diplomatic character or at least aid the diplomat.

What do you all think?