PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Oracle with Orc Bloodline flex build

Havoq
2013-02-24, 03:26 PM
Sharing a build concept I have. This is not a guide, it's a concept build. I am looking for feedback to improve the concept. It's a flex build concept for melee/summoning/healing.

This is for a Rise of Runelords PF campaign. I chose Dual Cursed Oracle[ancestor]. She's a fallen angel seeking atonement. My build concept focuses on going all the way to 20, and we're going to go to level 30 if more content comes out to allow that.

Race is Aasimar[angelkin], again fallen angel theme.
A 20 point buy: ST:16, DX:12, CN:15, IN:10, WS:7, CH:18
There is no real reason to go dual curse, but I did and took Haunted and Legalistic for role play.

Why I picked Ansestor:
Final Revelation: Charisma bonus to Will saves
Upon reaching 20th level, you become one with the spirits of your ancestors. You gain a bonus on Will saving throws equal to your Charisma modifier, blindsense out to a range of 60 feet, and a +4 bonus on your caster level for all divination spells. You can cast astral projection as a spell-like ability once per day without requiring material components.
Spirit of the Warrior (Su): A few rounds of full BaB figher You can summon the spirit of a great warrior ancestor and allow it to possess you, becoming a mighty warrior yourself. You gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution, and a +4 natural armor bonus to AC. Your base attack bonus while possessed equals your oracle level (which may give you additional attacks), and you gain the Improved Critical feat with a weapon of your choice. You can use this ability for 1 round for every 2 oracle levels you possess. This duration does not need to be consecutive, but it must be spent in 1-round increments. You must be at least 11th level to select this revelation.
Spirit Shield (Su): Armor witout wearing armor that grows with youYou can call upon the spirits of your ancestors to form a shield around you that blocks incoming attacks and grants you a +4 armor bonus. At 7th level, and every four levels thereafter, this bonus increases by +2. At 13th level, this shield causes arrows, rays, and other ranged attacks requiring an attack roll against you to have a 50% miss chance. You can use this shield for 1 hour per day per oracle level. This duration does not need to be consecutive, but it must be spent in 1-hour increments.
Combine this with Eldritch Heritch and choose the Orc Bloodline

Touch of Rage (Sp): At 1st level, you can touch a creature as a standard action, giving it a morale bonus on attack rolls, damage rolls, and Will saving throws equal to 1/2 your sorcerer level (minimum 1) for 1 round. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.

Fearless (Ex): At 3rd level, you gain a +4 bonus on saving throws made against fear and a +1 natural armor bonus. At 9th level, you lose your light sensitivity, gain immunity to fear, and your natural armor bonus increases to +2.

Strength of the Beast (Ex): At 9th level, you gain a +2 inherent bonus to your Strength. This bonus increases to +4 at 13th level, and to +6 at 17th level.

Power of Giants (Sp): At 15th level, you may grow to Large size as a standard action. At this size you gain a +6 size bonus to Strength, a –2 penalty to Dexterity, a +4 size bonus to Constitution, and a +4 natural armor bonus. You may return to your normal size as a standard action. You may remain in this size for up to 1 minute per character level per day; this duration does not need to be consecutive, but it must be used in 1 minute increments.

Warlord Reborn (Su): At 20th level, you become a true orc warlord of legend. You gain immunity to fire and DR 5/—. Once per day, you can cast transformation as a spell-like ability using your sorcerer level as your caster level.
Fey Founding, Power Attack and Reach as the level 1,3,5 feats, then:
@level 7 take feat Skill Focus: Survival
@level 9 take eldritch heritage [bloodline Orc]
@level 11 take improved eldritch heritage [strength]
@level 13 take improved eldritch heritage [fearless]
@level 15 take greater eldritch heritage [Power of the Giants]

Weaknesses of this build is pretty harsh: It starts painfully slow and that will turn a lot people off. It has to get to 9-11 before it starts to pay off. Use the favored class bonus to Spirit Shield. You get an extra +4ac when it maxes out and it then lasts all day. You could put it into Spirit of the Warrior get an extra 5 rounds (15) a day.

Strengths once you get there are stout. Get to 19 CHA and you get ALL of your spells. Feat dip into exotic weapon and grab your favorite weapon or just use the one you can get from Ancestral Weapon (Su): You can summon a simple or martial weapon from your family’s history that is appropriate for your current size. You are considered proficient with this weapon. At 3rd level, the weapon is considered masterwork. At 7th level, 15th level, and 19th level, the weapon gains a cumulative +1 enhancement bonus. At 11th level, the weapon gains the ghost touch weapon property. You can use this ability for a number of minutes per day equal to your oracle level. This duration does not need to be consecutive, but it must be used in 1-minute increments. The weapon disappears after 1 round if it leaves your grasp.

What's I like about the build is that it's flexible. The AC bonus from Spirit Shield looks really good once you get there. I think with all sources it's just over 40ac. You can get something just like Spirit Shield from many of the other mysteries, but I like the full BaB fighter concept with Spirit of the Warrior.

You can hang back and summon things, heal your party, or wade in as a 3/4 BaB melee or full BaB with Spirit of the Warrior for 10 rounds/day. You get all of your spell levels and all of your spells...and without a lot of effort once you trigger all of your powers you go over 300 health for a short time. Pretty cool.

Axier
2013-02-24, 03:31 PM
I like the build, and have always preferred slow starters. It makes safe actions and role-play pay off for quite considerable power later on.

Havoq
2013-02-24, 03:58 PM
I like the build, and have always preferred slow starters. It makes safe actions and role-play pay off for quite considerable power later on.

Thank you. I am curious about this item:
Robe of Arcane Heritage These elegant, dark purple robes are usually decorated with gold stitching suggesting a particular sorcerer bloodline, though some might indicate a family tree. When a sorcerer dons a robe of arcane heritage, the stitching pulls itself apart and reweaves to match her particular sorcerer bloodline. The wearer treats her sorcerer level as 4 higher than normal for the purpose of determining what bloodline powers she can use and their effects.
Is there any advantage to using them? I don't understand/can't figure out how. I thought it would give me the bloodline powers 2 levels earlier, but Hero Lab disagrees with me.

Aioran
2013-02-24, 07:18 PM
They work, but not in the way you're trying to use them. Wearing the robes just boosts your effective sorcerer level to character level +2 until you take greater eldritch heritage, then it's character level +4. You still can't get the bloodline powers until you take the feat and you can't take the feat till your character level is high enough.

Havoq
2013-02-25, 11:39 AM
They work, but not in the way you're trying to use them. Wearing the robes just boosts your effective sorcerer level to character level +2 until you take greater eldritch heritage, then it's character level +4. You still can't get the bloodline powers until you take the feat and you can't take the feat till your character level is high enough.

Okay, I see. Thanks. That being the case, there isn't $16,000 in value in picking that item up.