PDA

View Full Version : Host Golem(3.5)(Monster)(Unique)(PEACH)

Madara
2013-02-24, 03:49 PM
I am playing a Fiend of Possession(FF) in my current game, who has decided to make a dedicated host body for himself to possess. Here's the problem, the Animate Objects spell doesn't take into account special materials(Besides hardness) and just doesn't fit the feel I'm going for. So instead, my DM is allowing me(at quite the expense) to design a new "Golem" so to speak, which my character can animate and inhabit. The price will probably be around 10,000-12,000, we're basing it on material costs, since I'm doing my own labor.

Host Golem
Size/Type: Medium Construct
Hit Dice: 6d10+20 (53 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 40ft.
Armor Class: 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+1 dex, +5 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +4/+9
Attack: Slam +9 (1d8+5) or Greatsword 2d6+6
Full Attack: Two Slams +9/+4 1d8+5/1d8+5
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Sundering Strike
Special Qualities: Obdurium Exoskeleton, Aurorum Stream, Limited Animation, Contingent Creation, Heavy Build, Construct Traits
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +2
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 12, Con —, Int 2, Wis 11, Cha 1
Skills: Move Silently +10
Feats: Power Attack, Improved Sunder, Improved Bull-rush
Enviroment: Urban
Organization: Single
Challange Rating: 5.3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: None
Level Adjustment: —

You didn't hear it coming. This metal man made no clank, no scraping, and no creaking noise when it walks. While most contructs seems to have a spark of life, this one generates a feel as if someone is pulling at its strings, like a puppet. All along the outer body is a dense black and purple metal, which you have only heard stories of, and its body moves as smoothly as a man's. It stands at a little over 6 feet tall, and its smooth Iron face turns toward you as the emerald on its forehead flashes.

Combat

Sundering Strike: The Host Golem's heavy adamantine arms allow for the golem to break objects with ease. When attacking an object, the Host Golem's Slam attack ignores hardness less than 20, and does full damage against objects made of wood, iron, or textiles.

Obdurium Exoskeleton: The Host Golem's body has a 1/2 inch think layer of Obdurium covering the chest and back. This layer provides the Host Golem with Hardness 30, but can only block 90 hp worth of damage each day. In order to recover, the Host Golem needs to go for 8 hours without taking damage.

Aurorum Stream: Acting as a blood stream through the Golem's body, the Aurorum stream provides the Golem with the unique ability to heal, much like a living creature. After a full night's rest, the Golem recovers 6 hit points.

Limited Animation: Unlike most Golems, the Host Golem is created specifically to act as a body for another animating force, such as a Fiend of Possession. When this Golem is not occupied by such an animating force, it can only take one action everyone two turns, and only attacks if provoked. This Golem does not follow specific instructions such as "Guard this door" or "Attack this person," however the Golem will follow its creator if asked.

Contingent Creation: Smart creators know that there is a chance someone else might use their creation against them, and the creator of the Host Golem was no exception, Within the skull of the Golem, he placed three beads of Fireball. These beads can be set off with a command word set by the creator at Animation, or they automatically go off if the Golem is destroyed by an attack doing more than 30 damage. When the beads go off, all creatures within a 20ft. radius take 6d6 damage, Reflex (DC 16) for Half.

Heavy Build: The Host Golem weighs over two thousand pounds, making it very difficult to move. The Host Golem is treated as large size for the purposes of Bull-Rush attempts and Trip attempts.