PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the pony pBps?

Techmagss
2013-02-24, 04:32 PM
I can remember all of them scuttling around in the IC thread, was wondering where they all went

Mystic Muse
2013-02-24, 04:38 PM
I can remember all of them scuttling around in the IC thread, was wondering where they all went

I know there are freeform RPs which are still alive and well. I've got a game, but it's run on both Skype and in the thread, so it'll be a little disjointed.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-25, 02:34 PM
Have you considered GMing one? I'm not really into MLP, but my wife is, and I know several friends who also are. They'd love to play. In fact, if the game is simple enough, I'd join if it meant I get to PbP with my brony friends again. I don't know the rules though... or really much about the world. Other than what I glean from the excited rants of various Bronies and Pegasisters. But that didn't stop me from getting into D&D, and now I'm hooked on that.

Clawhound
2013-02-25, 04:00 PM
I'd love to run an MLP game based on Teenages From Outer Space. All it needs is a power for magic. Otherwise, the game works perfectly out of the box.

As for races, you'd have:

Ponies (earth ponies, zebras)
Very Nearly Ponies (pegasi, unicorns)
Not Very Nearly Ponies (changelings)
Definitely Not Ponies (manticores, dragons, baby dragons, etc)

As it stands, I have to tell my daughter a new pony story every day. If my wife and I were to write all our stories down, we'd be among the most prolific fanfic writers out there.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-26, 02:44 AM
Well, Clawhound. Set it up!

Drop a post in the recruitment thread and I'll sign up. Bare in mind, I know nothing about the system. I've only played D&D, but from what I understand, the system is similar, since it too is produced by WoTC.

Well, Christ0ph3r4, it looks like you got your wish.

Clawhound
2013-02-26, 12:05 PM
Not gonna happen anytime soon.

I'll just be honest. I have two bathrooms to rebuild, a garden that needs building (especially cold frames), a novel that needs finishing, an article on character building that's halfway done, a blog post per week that I'm barely meeting, and (if I get lucky) the Elder Scrolls Online beta. At best, I don't expect significant time before summertime.

inexorabletruth
2013-02-26, 05:33 PM
Fair enough... but there's bound to be a GM somewhere.

Christ0ph3r4, head out to the recruitment thread and request a GM for a Pony PbP. I'm sure you'll have a game running in no time.