PDA

View Full Version : IC-Vampire-The Days of Blood-Chicago

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-24, 06:21 PM
The following takes place the night of the presidential speech

Bethany's Home (Pending approval)
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6055/6286864133_a21c14484c.jpg

It's a calm and quiet evening in late June. Heather is currently residing at the manor of the woman who considers herself to Heather's Master. It is early in the night, and Bethany resides in the upper floor. With only [roll0] Blood points at the moment, Bethany is contemplating going out for the evening to get a bite to eat. Heather is likely relaxing or making herself a later diner.

Their peace is interrupted by a pounding on her door. Someone outside appears to want their attention urgently, as the pounding is repeated until answered.

Please describe yourself as you begin to react.

dancrilis
2013-02-24, 07:30 PM
Heather

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/wallpapers/chloe_moretz_in_let_me_in-1024x768.jpg

Heather was preparing some food for herself, cheap microwaveable meals were all the body needed or so she let herself believe, wasn't like she needed a stake or vegetables anyway they would have only reminded her of home and the life that got shattered, of her brothers ... she signed. No don't dwell on it.

She caught sight of herself in the glass, her dirty blond hair had been cleaned recently and even had a bit of shine to it a luxury that had been scarce before meeting Bethany, and a pleasant one to have back - even with cleaning the place and such. She could do without the master/mistress thing but hey vampires were real and had power they could share so putting up with some eccentricities could be tolerated.
Although the anger would be nice to have gone, and the hormones or whatever they were ... and getting a bit taller might be nice, maybe start - as her mother used to tease her with the path of 'becoming a woman'.
But surely these were minor, they could be tolerated if she could help her new Irish family, and Bethany was alright.

She had this conversation going back and fourth with herself many times and the words of her fathers doppelganger always came back 'tolerance is the first step towards acceptance, and so tolerating things you don't like is a crime against the self', he was of course talking about the English in Ireland and a war that was over long ago but the troops liked the propaganda, but there was some truth to the words in general.

The sound at the door knocked her out of her thoughts and it was likely her job to get it, as it sounded desperate and that could mean trouble she garbed a knife and went to get it "I'm coming jeez" as she made her way to the door "Shut up already" she shouted, noise at this hour would attract attention and that was not what Bethany wanted ... though perhaps shouting at the guests was not what Bethany wanted either, she shrugged to herself damned if you do, damned of you don't.

She opened the door a crack still on the latch with the knife held behind her back, as she took a look to see who it was.

horus42
2013-02-25, 08:15 AM
Bethany comes down the stairs, towards the door, her long dark hair tied back in a simple ponytail for now. She would dress up a bit for when she actually went out, but the night was young, and for now, comfort was more important than looking nice. Though she was approaching 40, Bethany appeared to be in her late 20's or perhaps early 30's, having made minimal alterations to her appearance via Vicissitude. In fact, she looked nearly identical to the way she looked the night of her Embrace.

She had at first been content to allow Heather to answer the door, but once she heard the girl's shouts, she came down herself. At this time of night, it was quite possible that someone who it wouldn't be wise to offend had come calling. She pushed away the thoughts of her hunger, and walked up behind Heather as she cracked open the door.

"Heather, dear. That's no way to greet a guest!" Bethany put on her best smile as she opened the door more widely, to see who was there.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-25, 12:14 PM
On the other side of the door, there's six men. All of them in suits, a pretty good sign of their mob affiliation. Two of the men are being propped up by other men, and they don't look so well. Their white shirt is stained the color red, and you can visibly see the bullet holes in them.
"We need some help doc. Please let us in." One of the brutish men say, in a manner that makes him sound rather pathetic. Clearly he's worried they're going to die.

horus42
2013-02-25, 12:28 PM
She nods and stands aside. "Of course, come in. I'll show you where to go." She leads them deeper into the house, and to the secret, white-tiled and sterile room where she does all of her... less than legal surgeries. Luckily, she had fed recently, so the blood wasn't making her want to tear into their throats. At least, no more than it usually did. She was well in control of herself.

"Set them down on the tables while I prep for surgery..." She puts on an apron and sterilizes her hands, waiting for them to get ready as she gathers the necessary medicines and anesthetics.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-25, 01:38 PM
The two men are brought in, and the four carrying them seem to follow instructions rather well.

After they had been let in, Bethany led them off to her sterile room. However Heather, whom everyone steps around, notices a seventh man follow them in. A very pale skin man in a white suit and cane. Despite being night, he wears sunglasses. He seems to be paying no attention to heather, only to the house as he shuts the door behind him.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bervkJz9m9A/T4xsiEc511I/AAAAAAAAAVc/h4_6XjRYzLA/s1600/Lucifer_%28Constantine%29.jpg
He gets a spoiler image. He must be important.

horus42
2013-02-25, 01:51 PM
Bethany looks over the two men's wounds, trying to determine their exact prognosis and what needed to be done.

Going for Intelligence+Medicine here.
[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-25, 02:09 PM
You would use perception rather than intelligence, but since they are both 3 it doesn't matter.

Bethany examines the wounds. Obviously they're bullet wounds. But as for the damage done to organs, she can't tell. She's going to have to cut them open before she can be sure. What's worse, it's very likely one of them will die waiting for the other. One of the men looks much paler than the other one, and she is sure he will die if the other is operated on. Of course, he may die if she operates on him anyway....

So the choice is: Do you operate first on patient A, who is badly hurt from gunshots, or on patient B who also is badly hurt from gunshots but appears to be in worse condition?

horus42
2013-02-25, 02:13 PM
She takes in a deep breath, though she doesn't need to breathe, she finds the action somewhat soothing and therapeutic. In the end, she decides to operate on the more severely injured man first, in the hopes that she can finish with enough time to get to the man in better condition.

Ah, right. Then what would you have me roll to operate? Dexterity+Medicine?

dancrilis
2013-02-25, 02:14 PM
Heather

Heather was used to being ignored, and she was also used to the mob acting as if they owned everywhere, she was not that used to weirdos coming in as if they owned the place - though that did seem to becoming the kind of thing she might want to become used to.

Looking at the man for a moment, she wondered about the odds of him being responsible for the injuries to the men, but without a gun that seemed unlikely.

With her added strength she might well be able to take an elderly man with a cane and if not had a knife and if that didn't work she would be able to scream and have people with guns come and shoot him, "Hey, I don't know you so you probably shouldn't be here".

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-25, 02:36 PM
Bethany
Dex+Medicine Should be fine, yes. Just like car repair, only with medicine instead of crafts apparently.

Heather
The pallid looking man eyes Heather for a moment, trying to figure out if she's serious. When he concludes she is, he laughs at her words. "My my my, what do we have here? Are you the watch dog of this home?" He says in a condescending voice, one Heather is all to familiar with from adults.

horus42
2013-02-25, 02:46 PM
Bethany sets to work, putting the men under, and taking her scalpel in hand, begins the procedure.

Dex+Medicine to operate!
[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-25, 02:50 PM
Almost as a surprise to herself, Bethany works with lightning speed. She opens him up, removes the bullets, repairs the damage, and sews him up in just under thirty minutes. The man needs blood, but he'll likely live. Which leaves the other man, whose condition has worsened.

Does she have second set of tools? or Does she have to re-sterilize everything before she operates again?

horus42
2013-02-25, 02:57 PM
I would assume more than one set. She'd be prepared for this kind of thing. I'll also go ahead and roll again for the other surgery.
[roll0]

dancrilis
2013-02-25, 03:05 PM
Heather

A year ago she would have been offended, stomped her foot and demanded to be taken seriously in some childish manner.
"Yea, some kind of watch dog. Now you followed those men, and I believe they might have guns, so unless you want me to scream and for them to see a creepy pale weirdo standing near a young child you will answer my question", she took a breath "who are you and why are you here".

Not sure if I should be rolling something here, but just in case charisma + Intimidation seems appropriate.
Charisma+Intimidation:[roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-25, 03:21 PM
Heather
Her threats seem to only encourage him. He leans down and lowers his shades slightly, showing his glowing red eyes. "My dear girl, you go right ahead and call those men. Since they work for me, I would be very interested to find out if they're dumb enough to shoot me."

Bethany
The bullets seems to have been lodge inside much more, and Bethany takes much more time with this man. Make another roll.

horus42
2013-02-25, 03:24 PM
Dex+Medicine
[roll0]

dancrilis
2013-02-25, 03:29 PM
Heather

Ok now she was freaked, and either way Bethany needed to know about this.

Backing up she carried through on her threat and yet out a high pitched screamed. Readying the knife in case he made a move on her.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-25, 03:39 PM
As Bethany is literally just cutting into her first patient, she hears Heather Scream for a brief moment. Two of the goons runs to see what the matter is. Does she leave it to them?

Heather
Within seconds of screaming, he barks at her "Quiet!". Despite her best efforts, she stops screaming and makes no sound. As if something was compelling her.

horus42
2013-02-25, 03:42 PM
...damn. Why did it have to be now?

Confident that the men will be able to handle it, and knowing her patient will die if she leaves, she allows them to go, and continues with the surgery.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-25, 03:50 PM
Heather
Shortly after her brief scream, two mobsters run into the area. They look back and forth between the two of you in confusion. "Boss, what's wrong?"

"You know how it is? The little girls are never sweet on me" He says with a laugh. "She's fine now I believe. Isn't that right little girl?" His tone is both laced with threat, and filled with a evil tone.

dancrilis
2013-02-25, 04:34 PM
Heather

Her scream was cut off abruptly the sound rasping in her throat but unable to get it out, she had stopped trying by the time the guys arrived ... but unfortunately the man seemed to be telling the truth.

Unable to speak to confirm the man's story that she was fine now she merely nodded.

Still he was a guest here and not very polite, but not her call she was a guest her also, grabbing a notepad from near the phone and scrawled a note for the man.
Wait here I will get the boss. When she is finished with your men.

Then scrawling another note she moved to Bethany watching as she worked and waiting until she was done with the first and moved to get other tools
Their boss is near. I don't recognize him. He is something, maybe one of you maybe something else. Pale, glowing eyes, creepy, white suit, cane, wears sunglasses, interested in your house seemingly. Commanded me to be quite and couldn't make a sound maybe can't speak yet.

She didn't know if the command had stuck but some in the note was not for casual consumption, these men were not recognized by her and that was trouble.

OOC:
Assuming that Bethany moves to the next victim before deciding to deal with this.

As Bethany moved to the next victim she wracked her mind for thing she might have heard about a man as distinctive as the guest and his crew.

Intelligence + Streetwise: [roll0]
Potential bonus from contacts, allies or mentor to have heard things.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-25, 04:43 PM
The man nods, amused by her forced respect. By the time Heather reaches Bethany, she finds her voice again returned to her.

Thinking hard, she remembers everything she can about these men and their boss. Indeed they do work for the same men she does, because she's seen their faces before. But she doesn't personally know any of them.

Having never met the boss, she only knows things about him from reputation. His name is Joey Millner. He owns a old fashioned white hat, and she has heard he has a fix for cocaine. Neither of those two things seem to fit this man, but it doesn't discredit him.

dancrilis
2013-02-25, 05:02 PM
Heather

Scrawling a note quickly for Bethany when she finished the second one.

Thinking about it they do have the same connections as I do - but I don't know them directly. He didn't introduce himself, but I think his name is Joey Millner, fix for cocaine apparently. Other then that I don't know much here.

Whether Bethany knew more about him was now on her, but if she choose to name drop to get an advantage that could be humorous to see the smirk wiped of his face.

horus42
2013-02-27, 03:08 PM
Bethany finishes up with her patient (I assume) and washes her hands, before stepping outside the room. She sees Heather's note and reads it. "Interesting..." she mutters to herself, before she goes out to tell the boss the good news.

"Mr. Millner, I presume? The surgeries were a success. Both of your men will need some time to recover, but they should both survive."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-27, 05:20 PM
"I'm afraid Joey is no longer with the organization. Camarilla treachery. Bruno Abruzzi, at your service. He says with a minor bow.
"I suppose you could say I'm the new person in charge."

dancrilis
2013-02-27, 05:59 PM
Heather

She followed behind Bethany, so she had been wrong but on the right track, Bethany had mentioned this Camarilla and that she wanted info on it, but so far she had heard nothing, that this man spoke of it so casually in front of his men was somewhat worrying.

She didn't like him at all, he called his men stupid, had threatened her, and had made her wrong.
She waited passively behind Bethany trying not to show her annoyance.

horus42
2013-02-27, 09:31 PM
Bethany raised her eyebrows, not having known about the change in leadership. "I see. Well, good riddance then." She offers a warm smile. "The arrangement I had with Mr. Millner still stands, of course. I'll continue to serve as your doctor, so you won't have to deal with any pesky calls to the police any time one of your men is shot."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-27, 10:50 PM
"Excellent. Excellent. You took the question right out of my mouth"He laughs, as if that was somehow funny. "Now what was the arrangement of pay for your services?"

horus42
2013-02-27, 11:46 PM
"My usual rate is five hundred dollars per patient, not including expenses for supplies. For a pair of cases as severe as these, I would ask for four thousand dollars, in total."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-28, 12:19 AM
"That seems to sound about right"He says as if he already knew it. He takes a roll of bills from his pocket and places it on her table. "We'll make sure to catch up the rest next time I visit. With the all out wars brewing, you'll likely see more of us soon."

When she gets a chance to count it, she will find it's only two grand.

The mobsters gather their things and leave. The wounded are taken out on a steel table to a van, which is standard protocol per Bethany's insistence long that they never stay past the night. As Mr. Abruzzi makes his way out, he pauses and turns back. "This is a nice house you got here. I always appreciate older houses like this. Back in the day, things were meant to last better than today. How long have you lived here alone?" His tone reminds you of a rottweiler bearing it's teeth while wagging it's tail.

horus42
2013-02-28, 12:23 AM
She pauses and considers everything she's heard him say. She doesn't like him. Not one bit. He's sleazy and creepy, and something just seems... off about him. Coming from a Tzimisce, that says a lot.

"For about eight years now. Ever since my husband died." She answers his question honestly, mostly in the interest of getting him out the door again.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-28, 12:38 AM
He smiles and nods, taking a few steps on his way out the door. In the doorway, he stops once more however and turns. An eager look is on his wicked face. "I'm really sorry to be so rude. I guess I'm just not very good at small talk. But I am DYING to know, is it true? Are you really a Tzimisce?"

horus42
2013-02-28, 12:45 AM
She sets her jaw. Well, the other Kindred in the mob had known of her true nature, though not necessarily her Clan. She could only assume that he was a vampire as well, so she simply nodded and said, "I am."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-28, 12:56 AM
He grins in a manner that is surely supposedly to look friendly, but at the same time is a tad creepy. He does another bow to you. "A true pleasure to meet you then. Finding a Lasambra or Tzmisce outside of silly Camarilla or Sabbat politics is a wonderful thing. Like finding a fifty year old bottle of wine. Something to treasure. I know my... predecessor had a tendency to keep to himself. Perhaps a side effect of his habitual cocaine use. I'm more of a... micro-manager myself. When this silly little mob war is over, I'd love to have entertain you and your charming little girl sometime."

horus42
2013-02-28, 11:40 AM
A false smile crosses her lips, something that she's all too used to. If keeping her mob contacts meant playing nice with Bruno Abruzzi, then so be it.

"Of course, I'd be delighted. And I'm sure that Heather would as well. Isn't that right, dear?" She looked to Heather and winked, conveying a simple message: Just agree, please...

dancrilis
2013-02-28, 02:22 PM
Heather

She listened to the conversation carefully, eying the money as it was delivered, she really didn't like this guy ... and honestly she doubted of the Mob's vaunted community spirit and Irish nationalism extended to him.

Still Bethany expected a positive response "of course" her voice flat but not cold.

horus42
2013-02-28, 03:01 PM
Bethany nods as Heather responds and sees their... "guests" out the door. She shuts it behind them and sighs once they're gone.

"I really don't like that man." She walks over to the table and counts the bills, finding that she was shorted two thousand dollars.

"And it seems we were taken advantage of as well. Hmph. If he thinks he can get away with that, he's in for a big surprise. Next time he comes calling with injured men, they won't be so lucky as the ones today. Unless he pays upfront, including our missing two thousand dollars."

dancrilis
2013-02-28, 03:18 PM
Heather

"Agreed he seems to be a jerk", she stated flatly, "the men might be ok though. I will talk to some of the people I know", she wasn't sure about this next bit "the way he looked at the house seemed a little to much like", she put on a voice "nice place you got here, shame if something happened to it", her tone mocking and serious at the same time.

"If you want I can put out some feelers to see about maybe getting someone more reasonable in place", she had been thinking for a while that the major weakness of creatures like Bethany was that you pointed one crazy at them during the day and it was all over - best case a ghoul would deal with it and even then the police might arrive and mess things up.
She had a loyalty to her friends and Bruno Abruzzi was not one.

"I'm going to get some food and a coke, you want anything from the kitchen, then I will clean the operating room", that was her role after all but dammit if she was not hungry.

horus42
2013-02-28, 03:27 PM
"Oh, I'm well aware of that. I doubt he'll stay in power long, especially if we have anything to say about it."

At Heather's suggestion, she smiles. The girl was incredibly useful. "Please do. The last thing this city needs is a man like him in charge of the criminal element. And feel free to eat before you take care of the operating room, dear. I already fed tonight, so I won't be needing anything, thank you."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-28, 03:40 PM
"That seems to sound about right"He says as if he already knew it. He takes a roll of bills from his pocket and places it on her table. "We'll make sure to catch up the rest next time I visit. With the all out wars brewing, you'll likely see more of us soon."

As much as I want you to hate this guy, it only seems fair i point out this.

What do the two do for the rest of the night? Is it common for Heather to stay away all night long, or just part of it? What kind of sleeping chambers does Bethany have to prevent sunlight?

dancrilis
2013-02-28, 05:32 PM
As much as I want you to hate this guy, it only seems fair i point out this?

Ah I read that as a catch up in the sense of catch up with friends.:smallredface:

Heather prepared herself food and a drink, taking her time to enjoy it before scrapping out some cleaning gloves and getting the supplies and making a solid effort to make the operating room clean spotless and sanitized.

That done she figured that an hour or two of television would suit - assuming that Bethany had no additional tasks - considering she would head to bed here until 6am rather then make her way out with Bruno out there.
Then a quick clean of the house taking in the paper and having breakfast, before making her way to her contacts - as normal kids would be going out playing or to school - so that she could find out the deal with Bruno.

Heather would normally stay based on what she had to do the next day, and whether Bethany seemed to be ok with her staying on any given night.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-28, 05:45 PM
Roll a perception+alertness for Heather

dancrilis
2013-02-28, 05:50 PM
Perception + Alertness: [roll0]

If there is any thing that would cause her attention to be heightened prior to the cause of the roll she would flip on Auspex (Heightened Senses) for a second or two to get a better picture of what has alerted her.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-28, 05:56 PM
No evil spirit that she happened to see out of the corner of her eye. Heather's just watching a little tv before going to bed, and flips past a news program. The News title on the bottom says "Vampires & Werewolves: Confirmed Real".

dancrilis
2013-02-28, 06:00 PM
Heather

Flipping past stations, to much love stuff, to much high brow intellectual comedy, to much toilet humour, she wanted to watch something lighthearted and funny, news pfft she flipped past, wait what was that.

She flipped back expecting to find some spoof news channel, which might be good for a laugh.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-02-28, 08:48 PM
Heather flips back, reads the title again, and notices it's CNN. Turning it up, they seem to be talking about some presidential announcement. But they are indeed serious, and seem to imply the government is now hunting Vampires and werewolves.

dancrilis
2013-03-01, 01:38 AM
Heather

Her mind did a double and triple take, vampires were real, everyone knew - angry riots would occur, integration rallies, lack of focus on the election, class warfare ... and over a few decades it would become acceptable to be a 'vampire', or genocide would occur and everyone would feel really bad about it.

Wait ... or it was an election stunt, that is what the media labeled everything in an election year wasn't it?
Shown to be fake, just flavor of the week ... her thoughts escaped her at possible figuring this out.

Still matter at hand, "Bethany" she shouted, "you will want to see this", normally it was impolite to shout like this, but the text at the bottom of the news feed may be to important to miss.

Finally she considered Bruno, heh, payback just got easier ... dammit so did intimidation nothing was simple here.

horus42
2013-03-01, 11:57 AM
She comes into the room, a quizzical look on her face. "Heather, what is it that's so..." she trails off as she sees the TV. "What. The. ****?" Her normally calm and genteel demeanor falters as she sees something she thought she would never see. Normally she wouldn't swear in front of the girl like this, but this was an extenuating circumstance.

Her fists clench, her eyes widen, as she watches in horror. If there was one thing Bethany thought that the Camarilla actually had right, it was the Masquerade. Because exactly this sort of thing would happen. Humanity would hate and fear them, and try to wipe them all out.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-01, 01:09 PM
As the two watch it, it quickly becomes apparent that Bethany's fears are well founded. Although they don't show clips of it, they do make reference to a speech made by the president, a new bureau being formed, and a executive order suspending Habeas corpus. Perhaps to Heather this sounds very much like a power play during a election year. However to Bethany, this sounds very much like the stories she was told of the inquisition.

horus42
2013-03-01, 01:18 PM
"Heather... we need to be ready to leave at a moment's notice. I don't want anyone suspicious of me to call this new bureau and tell them what they think I am..."

She goes up to her room and packs a small bag of her most important possessions, so that in case anyone unwanted came calling, she could run.

dancrilis
2013-03-01, 03:34 PM
Heather

"Then you need to leave tonight", Bethany was taking this awfully seriously so she best follow suit, "they seem to have captured some of you, and that means you can expect the clan names known tonight, and the sect names known at around the same time", she watched the screen, of course if the vampires confirmed they existed then the election show was over - though maybe there were positives, given improving technology vampires could not imagine that they would remain hidden forever could they and not it was controlled and open.

She should probable elaborate "Bruno mentioned both to his men, and even if they are quite to the authorities they would be less so to friends and friends of friends", she shrugged "my thinking, go underground off the map - this will either eventually blow over and the media will move on treating it as an isolated freak occurrence like a disease, or vampires will become the new gays and blacks with sitcoms made about them" - no one ever made a sitcom about the Irish that was the real discrimination.

"Ha, we could make you a media darling" she joked, still not taking this fully seriously - after all no one cared when someone murdered her family so why should they care when murderers happened to be blood-drinkers also hey murder isn't cool with a blood drinker does it, but it is just dandy when it is mano-y-mano what kind of nonsense was that.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-01, 03:58 PM
It's probably worth noting that sunrise is now close enough that leaving tonight isn't a option for Bethany.

horus42
2013-03-02, 11:12 AM
"I can't leave now, it's too close to sunrise. We'll have to hunker down for the day, remain in hiding. And tomorrow, as soon as the sun sets, we're leaving."

Bethany goes up to her bedroom, checking the windows, ensuring that they're covered enough that no light will seep through. She then goes back down to Heather. "If anyone comes by, tell them I'm your mother. If they ask why no one ever sees me during the day, it's because I'm at work. Understand?" She runs her fingers through her hair, more stressed than she has been in a long time. "And as much as I admire your optimism, I really doubt that's how things are going to be. Let's just prepare for the worst."

dancrilis
2013-03-02, 04:47 PM
Heather

She shrugged, "sure your the boss, does this mean you want me to forget about Bruno for now", considering for a second, "you might want to stay in a box in the attic tonight and we can leave all curtains open might look less suspicious, and a search might overlook you if government types come around".

Following the screen "what do you want me to say of anyone comes around - what do you work at and where do you work, stuff like that, or should I just improvise. I will fake a cold in case any nosy neighbors want to know why I am home".

She would have to hid and clean the lab also to make it look normal, rather then like a creepy serial killer's private fun room, but Bethany likely didn't need the small details.

"I'll have to sleep something but I should be up early enough to follow the news and internet for anything we need to worry about".

horus42
2013-03-02, 05:34 PM
She smiles. "You're brilliant. I'll sleep in the attic. Throw the shades open, and tell them... a partial truth. I'm a doctor, and I work long shifts. Don't worry about Bruno for now. With any luck, he'll be dead by sunrise tomorrow..."

dancrilis
2013-03-03, 07:58 AM
She smiled happy at the compliment - it was difficult to get people to pay attention at times.

They could ask which hospital but honestly shrugging and saying that she wasn't sure was believable enough.

The news hadn't given any additional insights to what the government knew so she might as well start work. Moving to the operating room she collected the scalpels and other items to hid in a closet upstairs, then grabbed a tablecloth to cover the stark look of the operating table ... looking at the room it looked far to odd and manufactured.

Returning the to the tablecloth to where she found it she brought in some gardening tools to make the place look like a storage area ... better at least.

Finished with the room - and regretting how much cleaning it would require now she washed up grabbed a glass of water and a hand towel in case they were needed and set them beside her bed, setting the alarm for 3pm.

Now all she need was to wait for the first rays of sun so she could throw open the curtains and go to bed - and hid under the covers to avoid the light.

With luck none of her work would be needed but in case it was she thought she had it well enough covered.

She continued watching the news for any items of direct concern, signs for the public to look out for, known hotspots, mortal servants and their behaviors ... etc.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-03, 03:31 PM
Heather is awakened at 1pm to the sound of knocking.
Bethany Perception [roll0]
Humanity Roll if applicable [roll1]
Bethany doesn't even stir.
As Heather looks out the peep hole, she see's a pair of cops.

dancrilis
2013-03-03, 04:36 PM
Heather

Waking she was groggy - bloody sunlight, and noise - still work to do.

Taking the handcloth and the water that she had left by the bed she dabbed herself to give a sweating look as if she were ill before moving to the door - dammit.

Putting on the latch she cracked it a bit "hello" keeping her voice weak while clearly allowing the sun to hit her as she looked out the crack in the door.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-03, 05:05 PM
The younger looking of the two, one of the cops kneels slightly to closer meet Heather's eye level. He gives her a warm and friendly smile, something he's been trained well to do. "Good Afternoon. I'm officer Murphy, and this is Officer Heuntz. Is either of your parents home? We need to speak to them."

dancrilis
2013-03-03, 05:16 PM
Heather

Murphy ... a good name she thought, and warmed to the man a little, "sorry mom isn't here ... work I think" she said as if confused, "can I give her a message".

Thoughts about excuses went through her head, and how to deliver them - with luck she could keep them happy and outside.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-03, 05:37 PM
"Well we really need to speak to a adult about some things. Is your daddy home? Or do you know when your mommy is going to get home?" He says, still trying to sound friendly. However some of it has drained from his voice.

dancrilis
2013-03-03, 05:51 PM
Heather

"Sorry Sir, dad doesn't live here" thinking for a minute, "Mom normally would be back at around five" she deliberately choose a time when the sun would be out "unless she runs late".

Considering for a minute, Liam O'Donnell the man who shared her father's name might be able to help here, "I can try to reach Dad on the phone, I suppose ... if it would help?".

"But what is this about?"she queried, there was no guarantee this had anything to do with vampires ... for all she knew this was about illegal parking or something.

Not sure if I should be rolling here, let me know if you think I should be.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-03, 06:50 PM
You can lie all you want. When I feel the NPC wouldn't believe you, then I'd ask you to roll.

"Well could you get his number then? We'll give him a call. How old are you honey?" The older officer says, speaking up. His second question more of a after thought. His tone is not nearly as friendly. Almost like he's suspicious of something.

dancrilis
2013-03-03, 07:43 PM
Heather

"I'm twelve", puffing herself up "nearly thirteen", they likely wanted to know why she was home alone, and not at school ... sick and old enough to take care of herself would be the excuse here.

"I will go take a look for dad's number" she said. She would have to call him first to give him a heads up but that could be blamed on having trouble finding it.

"Wait here for a bit", she moved to close the door fully.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-05, 03:59 AM
So the million dollar question is who is Liam O'Donnell, and how does Heather know him?

dancrilis
2013-03-05, 08:01 PM
Heather

Taking a breath of relief that the cops had allowed her to close the door, she stalled momentarily heightening her senses to hear the conversation that the police might be having outside before going to look for the land line - possible bugged if this operation was well put together to get a mob doc vampires be damned - she would have to play this cool.

Considering she dialed one of the more long term disposable phones, it could be trashed if needed, "Hi Liam - Dad" she stressed the word to let him know something was up, "Mom - Bethany - is out right now and there are police at the door that need to speak to an adult", he would be able to tell that police wandering around a mob doctor's place could be bad so she felt she could rely on him.

"Told them she should be back around 5 unless she runs late, but they seem to want someone now. Can I give them this number, or a mobile one if this is not good - waiting for another call or whatever?", hopefully he would get the message while leaving any listening on oblivious to it.
She needed him to take the call, get them to go away, and not drop himself in it with the rest of them ... but while a harsh man she knew these things largely because he made it clear that she needed to think about things like this, she had little doubt he could follow the implications.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-06, 01:19 AM
She quietly listens to the two police officers as they wait for her. Unaware she's just on the other side of the door, the begin talking openly.
"What do you think?" Says the older one known as Heuntz.
"Naw. I think we got a bogus call."
"That would make it three bogus calls then..."
"Yeah, but look at this place" Murphy says, getting defensive. "This place is old. Add a person who doesn't like the neighborhood and keeps to herself. Works long hours. Suddenly she's a recluse. Then the president scares the **** out of every home in the country. Suddenly the recluse is... yeah, you guessed it."
"You're probably right. Certainly didn't expect a little girl to answer."

She can continue to listen, but this is the important part of the conversation.

dancrilis
2013-03-07, 01:04 AM
Heather

Ok ... so it was the vampire thing, and they were buying it, still no need to change the plan.

She moved to make the call with the knowledge.

Assuming that Liam agrees and gives her a number she takes a note of it and move back to the door listening again for a few seconds before opening it on the latch again, "here is the number - I hope you can get through", she stifled a yawn - both from genuine tiredness and for show - hopefully she could go back to bed soon.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-07, 03:39 AM
The police take the number, and return to their squad car to Heather's disappointment. It sits there for some time, making her nervous. But the police eventually leave, and shortly after she get's a call from Liam.
"Lying to cops comes natural. You've got nothing to worry about." Is basically all he says on the matter.

Unless there's no more questions, time progresses and soon it's after Sunset. Bethany awakes one blood point lower.

horus42
2013-03-10, 11:26 AM
Bethany rises from the crate in the attic as the sun sets, and comes downstairs to meet Heather.

"How have things been today, dear? Anything happen while I was asleep?"

dancrilis
2013-03-11, 04:58 PM
Heather

Relieved she returns to bed once she thanked Liam, getting up later to fetch some food while listening to news channels on the radio to pickup any elements.

With Bethany downstairs "two cops came by, their third call out of the day today due to this vampire thing. Told them you were out working but they wanted to speak to an adult, Liam filled in as the role of my father - separated from you" important in case that neighbors were asked as part of a follow up.
Does a girl live there: somethings, is a father there: no, joint custody: probably, not perfect but good enough for a cursory look.

"I would say you are better staying here now to avoid the suspicion of a disappearance", she shrugged as she started on a sandwich "what are you thinking" she mumbled through the food.

horus42
2013-03-11, 06:15 PM
"Well, having suspicions cast upon us does... complicate things. If we left now, it would only lead to us being hunted down. I think it better that we stay, and for me to change my appearance so that it's more believable that I'm your mother..."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-11, 06:27 PM
I assume Bethany is using Malleable Visage on herself. What kind of changes is she making? Just changes to her face so she appears more like Heather?

horus42
2013-03-11, 06:37 PM
(That was the plan, yeah. And I was just going to have her change her face to look more like Heather.)

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-11, 06:41 PM
Simply placing her hands over her face for a moment, Bethany concentrates and spends a blood point. When she removes her hands, to Heather's surprise she looks very similar to Heather in appearance. It would be hard not to initially think she was her mom. Her complexion's a little pale still however...

dancrilis
2013-03-12, 12:57 PM
Heather

Looking at Bethany curiously she reacted with muted shock suppressing a shudder but couldn't suppress muttering "creepy" quietly to herself.
The image was not that of her own mother - but it was close enough for a lack of comfort, and without any photos or the like to review she knew that her memory would slip on what her parents actually looked like - already her father's face and Liam's face were the same in her head, still that was just something she would have to put up with ... it Bethany wanted to look like this who was Heather to complain.

Considering the situation "hmm ... I am not sure that is a good idea, the neighbors might notice a change, and the mob certainly will", it was true but a small part of her was just ill at ease with the whole thing.

horus42
2013-03-12, 01:21 PM
"Have any of the neighbors ever actually seen me? And the mob already knows I'm a vampire, so what does it matter if they notice the change?"

dancrilis
2013-03-12, 04:39 PM
Heather

Thinking about it "the neighbors have if they have been paying any attention ... sudden changes in appearance might link them to shapeshifters or weirder stories ... all it would take is one to go all conspiracy to blow your cover", she shuffled her feet, "I didn't think the mob knew, thought - despite Bruno - that you lot kept that secret" she didn't like arguing the case and she was growing more uncomfortable with the scenario.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-12, 08:45 PM
I'm going to go out on a wild hunch that Bethany has never introduced herself to her neighbors. As such, they would only see her when she's coming and going. Which would be at night.

Interesting thought might be that only really watchful neighbors would notice the strange men in suits coming at all hours.

horus42
2013-03-13, 07:29 PM
Bethany shakes her head. "None of the neighbors really know me, it's not like I went about and introduced myself to them all. And if any of them have seen me, it's only been at night, where they didn't get a good look at me." She pauses and starts to pace around the room. "The mob guys could be a different story. But they work for vampires, so they aren't likely to rat me out."

dancrilis
2013-03-15, 11:19 AM
Heather

She was still uncomfortable by this but it was a losing fight she not lost yet "next step is probably bounties ... give up a vamp get a cash payout, the mob could go with that especially if it comes with a promotion or a sentence reduction - and once the government finds out about face changing they will start prevention measures" she shuffled her feet "I don't like this" she muttered mostly about the creepy nature of it but also at the reliance on the mob to hold secrets.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-19, 12:54 AM
A loud knock at the front door startles them both.

horus42
2013-03-19, 08:29 AM
"Heather, be a dear and answer the door, please."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-20, 12:40 PM
Heather answer the door to find a mobster she knows fairly well. Micheal 'Matches' Malone. "Hey kid. Bruno send me over to pay what's left on his tab." He rubs Heathers hair slightly out of friendliness and hands her a envelope. No doubt filled with cash.

horus42
2013-03-20, 12:53 PM
Bethany decides to risk being seen, and steps into the hallway. If Malone reacts badly to her changed appearance, a simple application of Dominate will hold his tongue until she can change back.

"So glad to see that Mr. Abruzzi is a man of his word." She says, smiling warmly as she takes the envelope from Heather.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-20, 01:10 PM
He does a double take at Bethany, but says nothing about it "Bruno seems to be a by-the-books kinda guy. So I'd hafta agree wit' you there." He then looks thoughtful for a moment and adds "Almost forgot, he had a message for Ms. Hart. He said to call him if she has any trouble."

horus42
2013-03-20, 01:20 PM
She decides to play along, and to change back later. "I'll make sure she gets it, thank you."

dancrilis
2013-03-20, 02:42 PM
Heather

Well that seemed to be that on the appearance change, she would just have to live with it.

She fetched the door as requested and immediately brightened at the sight of Matches offering him a wide friendly smile, taking the cash she "thanks".

She was a bit surprised when Bethany took the envelope but relinquished it without complaint.

"Any work for me" she asked hopefully it would be good to get out and away from here for a bit, her weirdness tolerance was almost used up for the night and seeing how the rest of the world was taking the news might be useful, "assuming that is ok with you, and that Bethany won't have use of me for a while" she asked the woman who had taken her appearance.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-20, 03:09 PM
Was that a question for Matches or for Bethany about work?

dancrilis
2013-03-20, 03:19 PM
Was that a question for Matches or for Bethany about work?

OOC:

It was for Matches. Heather wants to know if she needs to pull her weight on anything, she does after all work for them :smallsmile:

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-20, 03:42 PM
http://eatdrinkdatelaughpray.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/mercury.jpg

Matches thinks for a moment more. He takes a cigarette from his shirt pocket, offers one to heather like the wonderful gentleman he is, and lights it with the match he leaves on his ear. He strikes the match on his callus hands for added look. "Well I can't think of anytin' you would be good at, but you might wanna check out HQ just to be sure. Busy place tonight. Everyone's getting nervous cause the whole martial law business. And word is we're gonna retaliate for what those lousy cams did to our guys last night."

dancrilis
2013-03-21, 05:50 PM
Heather

She takes the cigarette "thank you" it was nice to be treated like a grown up. "Can I have a light please?" she asked her her voice almost pleading, her grin wide.

So up against the Camarilla that could get messy, especially if the cops played them off one another.
Martial law would also make things annoying for Bethany - and others.

"Retaliate tonight, not waiting for the morning?" if it was the morning then the word that the 'cams' were dead was known - probably - otherwise it wasn't and Bruno was setting them up.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-21, 10:08 PM
Being the moral man that he is, Matches lights Heather's cigarette and his own with the same match just before it burns out in his finger. He takes a puff and looks at her serious. "Naw, I doubt we'll be doing it tonight. Too much uncertainty. But I wager it will happen tomorrow night. Course... you didn't hear that from me."

dancrilis
2013-03-22, 05:43 AM
Heather

She takes a drag from the cigarette and begins coughing immediately, "paf, yuck" looking at the man and how easy he makes it look her eyes get a resolute look to them - she could get this right, she tried again this time holding the smoke in her mouth and releasing it, and them drawing it in and coughing again "practice", she felt there was some joke at her expense here "I just need practice".

Composing herself "I would say the day would be better, no one ever expects things to go down during the day, and it isn't any harder", easier to her mind as the world was at work and not paying attention "and you know me Matches no one ever tells me anything".

"But I will check with Liam and co, can I get a lift?", assuming that Bethany would not object she it would be good to get out of here.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-23, 09:05 AM
just going to wait for Bethany's approval before I advance the story.

horus42
2013-03-23, 09:22 AM
Oh, my apologies.

"Yes, go ahead, dear. Let me know when you're coming back."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-26, 02:07 AM
Heather
Matches gives her a ride down to the HQ. The drive there is quick, and she see's very little that interests her. The roads have already started thinning, and she doesn't witness any police. The nightclub front that they operate out of is nearly deserted. However the back rooms are packed with mob muscle, as it looks like everyone in on the organization is there. Including Bruno, who's quietly discussing something with Liam in the office when they arrive. Although some look at her curiously, most have at least heard of Heather in the gang.

Bethany
Are you doing anything while Heather is gone?

dancrilis
2013-03-26, 06:28 PM
Heather

So quite on the streets, and no one out closing on dark ... she couldn't help but feel that it was odd. One government broadcast and people actually believed vampires existed, next there would be panic when radio announced aliens landed, ha that would be funny she giggled to herself at the absurdity.

Entering the club she stayed to the side of Matches to avoid casual drinkings seeing her and wondering what was up with a girl her age here.

The back was packed which made it odd, a raid now would be catastrophic but she guessed that the mob was a low priority at the moment, "Thanks for the lift Matches", she smiled at the man before wondering off.

Casting an eye to Liam she moved to find her friend James the handyman for the organization that had thought her some stuff ... the man that would likely be making any traps or bombs that would be used in an operation.

She has two dots in allies, a handyman and a pawn shop runner so looking for one of these now to find out what is going on in regards to an attack.

horus42
2013-03-26, 06:34 PM
Bethany ponders for a while. She was feeling a bit hungry, but feeding might be dangerous for now. It was best to keep up appearances, to remain as innocuous as possible. So she stowed her bloodlust and turned on the television, to see if anyone she knew had been caught or killed.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-03-28, 12:31 AM
Heather finds her handyman friend James in the back of the building, in a corner. Various wires and pipes seems to be spread across a table as he busily assembling something. He is so focused on his work, that he doesn't even notice heather.

Meanwhile Bethany finds the news to be quite talkative about the subject of vampires. However the actually facts content seems to be rather lacking. It does make mention that two massive raids were made simultaneously with the president's speech. One of them being a underground club called AB positive. A place Bethany had visited once or twice before. It was camarilla controlled, but they didn't force it down you neck. It was a club built for kindred.

The secondary location of the raids isn't mentioned.

dancrilis
2013-03-29, 11:50 AM
Heather

She stood back and leaned at the wall watching him work, interrupting someone when they were busy was annoying, instead she focused on what he was building, to see if she could be assistance either by preempting tools to save time or maybe even having sensible input.

Perception+Craft (Heightened Senses): [roll0]

horus42
2013-04-01, 08:12 PM
Well... none of that bodes well. She thought, as she watched the news. No names had been given yet, but it was likely that at least one person she'd known had been taken at the raid on the nightclub. Though if they'd had a shred of subtlety, they might not have been captured at all.

She glances out the window and sees the woman staring at her. She goes to the door, and takes a few steps outside, peering about the neighborhood, and deciding to go for a little walk, that happens to follow the same course as the woman walking her dog.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-01, 10:49 PM
Heather
You conclude he's building pipe bombs.

Bethany
Roll perception+stealth

horus42
2013-04-02, 05:01 PM
Perception+Stealth, and I'll also activate Heightened Senses.
[roll0]

dancrilis
2013-04-02, 05:17 PM
Heather

She observed for a few minutes, would she be able to make her own with the equipment - and would they be safe if she did she wondered.

Not low profile anyway but they would be effective against the dead ... and more effective during the day then at night.

"Hi James, anything I can do to help", he might need more fuel or messages passed ... or just might like some conversation around the news.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-02, 05:51 PM
Bethany
Got the rules mixed up. It's Dex+Stealth, opposed by her Perception+alertness. So we'll just take the last dice rolled off.

Her Perception+Alertness roll [roll0]

The woman somehow manages to not notice Bethany. She circles the block before returning to her home across the street, and two houses down, from Bethany's place.

Heather
He looks up, having been oblivious to her presence. He smirks at her sight. "Oh hey kid. Naw, bomb makin' is more of a solo job. Like painting a picture some would say. But if you want to take a seat, I can show you how to make one. Future job security and whatnot."

horus42
2013-04-02, 08:10 PM
Hm... so maybe she was just walking her dog.

Bethany goes back into her house for the time being, looking for any more information about what's going on, seeing if there were any more raids or killings, that sort of thing. All the while, she keeps her eyes and ears open for anything suspicious going on around the neighborhood.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-02, 08:15 PM
It doesn't take Bethany long to realize that woman wasn't just walking her dog. Over the night, Bethany repeatedly notices the woman 'casually' directly at her house. She also seems to walk her dog a lot for the middle of the night, especially since there's supposedly a curfew of 9pm.

horus42
2013-04-02, 08:18 PM
Eventually, Bethany pokes her head out the door as the woman is passing by. "Ma'am? You do know there's a curfew in effect, don't you? It's not safe to walk the streets this late at night."

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-02, 08:37 PM
She smiles politely, perhaps simply caught off guard for a moment. "Oh yes. But it doesn't hurt to keep a close eye on the neighborhood. Neighborhood watch and all. You never know what someone could be up to at this hour, after all." Her tone is obviously shallow, and it almost sounds like her tone is one she would use on children.

horus42
2013-04-02, 08:44 PM
Bethany puts on an even more condescending smile than the one that woman wears. "Well then, just be careful that no one mistakes you for a vampire because you're prowling the streets at this hour. I'll just be going back to bed now, I suppose. And thank you for keeping the neighborhood safe. I know I'll sleep soundly tonight." She closes the door in a huff.

People like her are the reason I don't like to meet my neighbors.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-02, 08:47 PM
Bethany's words seem to make her stray closer to her home, but she clearly still feels a need to keep a eye on Bethany's home. Because she remains outside, near her front lawn, most of the night with her stupid dog. Around 3 am it appears she tires out and goes inside.

(Does Bethany make a effort to keep all the lights off?)

horus42
2013-04-02, 08:52 PM
(She does, because she knows it's her life on the line.)

dancrilis
2013-04-03, 12:12 PM
Heather

She grinned at him "sounds good, what are they for anyway", her face flushed embarrassed "other then the obvious damage potential".

Learning to make bombs could be very useful in the coming weeks and months until this vampire stuff blew over at the least.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-03, 02:37 PM
Heather
"Bombs are not complicated things. They only serve the obvious purpose. Now watch." He says cryptically, before giving her a step by step rundown on how to make one.

Roll intelligence+crafts. If you succeed, you can now use crafts to make homemade bombs as well.

dancrilis
2013-04-03, 04:10 PM
Heather

She observed as closely as she could following the components and the amounts as carefully as she could, taking in his words as he spoke while watching his hands.

Designed to kill people, the thought unwanted and unhelpful she pushed it aside, to destroy buildings, what would her father thing ... an architect he would have hated this.

She shut down those thoughts and focused.

Will spend willpower to get an auto-success.
Intelligence + Craft: [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-04, 12:43 AM
With two tens, using willpower is not necessary

Several hours later, Heather finds herself eagerly entranced in the bomb making process. Not that different from making a cake, its surprisingly simple. And so by the end of the night, she is making pipe bombs along-side James. (She may of course need his help with a few things still regarding hand strength, but technically it's on her own). By this point, there's a large pile of pipe bombs in the nearby box.

Like the way a snake approaches silently, so does Bruno. "So the little pup works here too? My my, ain't you the busy busy little bee..."

dancrilis
2013-04-05, 02:19 PM
Heather

She was happy with the work going through the motions cautiously and speeding up as the movements became ingrained. Working in a nice environment in comfortable quite was nice she found.

Then Bruno entered and she was instantly on edge, had the day went differently she might have asked Liam what his deal was and about getting rid of him ... but then he had paid his bit she figured and Bethany herself had freaked her with the face thing, so she had better let it go.

She shrugged "I try to make myself useful is all", her voice reserved but respectful, "anything going on here", she could not hold her curiosity in check on that one.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-05, 05:07 PM
He stands up straight, almost caught off guard by her question. And then he begins to dance around the question. "Oh yes indeed. Yes indeed. There's always something going on around here. But in the grand scheme of things, business as usual." He says with a slight chuckle "But I tell you what, tell your mistress that we might have some more work for her tomorrow." He gives her a odd smile, and walks away.

dancrilis
2013-04-05, 05:41 PM
Heather

She watched as the man left, "I'll pass it on" she muttered.

She bit her lower lip for a bit thinking, and waiting until Bruno was likely well out of earshot, "James ... what is his deal. He ain't Irish, whats he doing calling any shots?" it was a tricky question to ask but she felt it needed an answer, "and what do you and everyone think of him?".

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-05, 06:34 PM
James laughs at her comments. "You think just because most of us guys is a buncha micks, that this here is a irish gang? HA!" He snickers. "I'm pretty sure that old boss Joey was more English than Irish. Bruno is... Italian I think. But the real big shots, the ones with the actual power are all Italian. It's how it is. It doesn't make em bad. I don't know Abruzzi that well, and he kinda scares me, but he hasn't done me no wrong. And that's how I like it."

dancrilis
2013-04-07, 01:53 AM
Heather

Hmph, she didn't like it it went against what she thought, but then things often did nowadays, "he is kindof weird alright".

She thought about it for a bit, "heard vampires and werewolves are real", it still sounded stupid to her to say it out-loud, "what is everyone making of that?".

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-08, 12:56 AM
He looks at her hard, making sure she's serious. The fact that she is clearly makes him uncomfortable. "Aye, If the president gets on TV and says they're real while showing pictures, it's hard to doubt. Even if she's a blimy puppet. No one in this group doubts it, if you get my meaning. But thats not something you should be talking about in a open room, don't ya know? Now mind your manners. You've done enough for the night and it's nearly dawn. Go ask Liam to have someone take you home." With that, he takes her tools and points to Liam nearby.

dancrilis
2013-04-08, 02:06 PM
Heather

Curious she thought, cautious about open room discussion implied that there was some politics at work in the mob ... which likely would be bad for business.

"Thanks for the advise James", she smiled at him "hopefully I was somewhat useful today. Better go speak with the boss alright", she waved as she left.

Approaching Liam cautiously so as not to be intruding "hey boss".

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-08, 04:06 PM
Liam seems to be supervising some goons as they move mysterious unmarked crates. He turns slowly, his mind clearly elsewhere when he sees her and it takes a second to gather his thoughts.
"Heather. I see James was teaching you how to make pipe bombs. He must have been in a good mood to do that. How'd that thing with the cops turn out? Did they leave you alone? Because we just bribed a good lawyer who I wouldn't mind turning on them."

dancrilis
2013-04-09, 01:22 PM
Heather

She offered a tight smile, "I get along well enough with James ... he's good people", it was true as well she was much more cautious around Liam.

"Cops left after you spoke to them, I don't think they will be back ... unless traffic in the area picks up", which based on what Bruno said it might very well do tomorrow night, she might have to mention the possibility of a party to Bethany to mask any foot traffic.

"James mentioned that I should get a lift somewhere" she shrugged unsure where she wanted to sleep tonight - probably Bethany's if she was passing on a message "unless you have any work for me of course, boss".

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-10, 12:32 AM
Shaking his head, he yawns. "Nope, work's done for the night. Since Matches brought you here, I'll make him bring you home. Give my regards to your mother." He says with a laugh.

He then finds matches, and makes him take Heather home to Bethany's place. She arrives home at roughly 6am, and Bethany is already asleep.

Everyone sleeps. Heather wakes up around 4pm, and Bethany wakes up four hours later at 8pm. Both of you lose one blood point (Heather's just becomes normal). Unless Heather has some plans, the two can feel free to chat about the previous nights developments.

dancrilis
2013-04-10, 12:19 PM
Heather

Babysit the doctor seemed to be a job for her now she mused, she didn't speak much on the trip back yawning a lot "sorry to make you go out of your way Matches", no more breaking and entering, no casing, no lifting or pocketing ... not that she had been particularly good at them but if she ignored reality she could at least pretend to be on a movie or a book, and not a horror one at that, and she had been getting better.

Getting home she prepared the house to look inhabited some open curtains in areas where the lace curtains would keep out unwanted prying eyes, some music and television on lightly, latched up the house doors as well as she could she then checked on Bethany sleeping, good not taken by the government, and went to bed.

She felt somewhat tired getting up but not noticeable so and went around preparing the house again to look habitable, including making a conscious effort to do some gardening and weeding to ensure that she was noted to put off nosy neighbors from wondering about secretive people living in the house ... I hate gardening she grumbled to herself throughout, but the work had to be done.

Once Bethany rose she approached her, "Hmm, Bruno seems to be in charge. Says tonight might be busy for you. The world is taking this vampire thing seriously but the mob is quite about it, I don't think they know that Bruno is a vamp ... so I'd be careful", she shrugged, "hmm ... can I have some blood?" it disturbed her a bit to have to ask and to want to ask but the taste was wonderful and she wanted some, so no harm she figured.

Didn't actually know ghouls lost blood nightly, is that a houserule or just one that I didn't know.:smallsmile:

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-10, 12:43 PM
They don't lose it nightly, but it does wear off over time. The more you have, the faster it wears off. When you get down to your last point of blood, it lasts a month. It's from Ghouls: Fatal addiction.

I may do things slightly differently than they suggest. One of the things presented in there states that a ghoul who uses a blood point loses 10% of the blood in their body. So if you use it to heal yourself... you're basically hurting yourself to heal. That's stupid. Not to mention, you lose blood when you take lethal damage...

So I think I will rule ghouls just burn up the vampiric part of their blood, rather than their blood itself.

horus42
2013-04-12, 11:20 AM
Bethany rolls her eyes as she hears what Heather has to say about Bruno. "Oh joy..." She sighs then looks back down at her ghoul.

"Yes, I suppose so. Not much though, I'm running a bit low as well." She bites her own wrist, her fang slashes through the veins, and she holds out her arm for Heather to drink.

dancrilis
2013-04-15, 12:37 PM
Heather

She would kindof prefer the blood in a cup, but the taste overrode the quirkyness of drinking from a wrist, she latched on drinking the blood down her eyes rolling back in joy - it was a sensation that she could not place, like perfect ice-cream and chocolate or something.

She felt euphoria and power flow into her, but she maintained herself and broke the bite - blood dribbled down her chin "thank you" her fingers ranging up to get the blood and suck it from her fingers.

horus42
2013-04-15, 10:31 PM
Bethany felt her own hunger rising within her as she licked the wound closed. "I would really appreciate some blood of my own right now... If only everyone wasn't so damn suspicious. Maybe one of the mob gentlemen would be kind enough to make a donation."

dancrilis
2013-04-18, 06:14 PM
Heather

Her eyes narrowed in thought, "if the mob don't know I would not be inclined to tip them off ... they might be vampireist. Is there anyone nearby that you are concerned about looking at you?".

CowMasterTrojan
2013-04-29, 11:18 PM
After what seems like days of conversing, the two are both startled by a knock on the door. Looking out the door window/peephole, Heather is happy to notice Matches has once more returned.

dancrilis
2013-04-30, 05:06 PM
Heather

She opened the door quickly, "Hiya Matches, whats up" she said brightly smiling up at him, she would have preferred to speak with Bethany a bit more about her plans ... but ultimately she liked Matches ... he was a good sort.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-01, 12:44 AM
Matches stands politely in the door, chewing on a tooth pick. "Hey kid. Boss suggested we take you on a ride along with tonight's activities. You know the one we mentioned last night. Sound good?" He gives a nod to Bethany, as if he knows her.

dancrilis
2013-05-01, 11:57 AM
Heather

The retaliation against the cams, she shrugged "sounds good" she stated as she began to consider what use she could be.

Turning to smile at Bethany, "if you have no concerns" she moved off with Matches at this, "so was it Bruno or Liam who suggested me for this?".

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-05, 01:13 PM
He flicks a tooth pick from his mouth and throws it on the ground outside. "It was the boss. Which is Bruno if you wasn't aware. Said you showed promise last night, and wanted us to show you more."

dancrilis
2013-05-05, 06:00 PM
Heather

She had thought of Liam as the boss for a long time now - but apparently she would have to be careful with it if people were touchy, she wasn't to eager to be in Bruno's sights - but if she was she might as well learn what she could.

Nodding "Sure Matches, always happy to learn, whats the idea for tonight?", she asked as she followed him.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-05, 08:56 PM
"Go get some winter gloves, and meet me in the car. I'll tell you on the way." He says to Heather, walking out. "And make sure to tell the Doc to be around. You never know how things might go down." He says to Bethany as he closes the door.

Did we lose you Horus?

dancrilis
2013-05-06, 05:31 PM
Heather

Winter gloves she wondered what that was about, but went inside to get some, she used some for work around the garden when it was cold, and maintained some from her break and enter days - she picked up a dark hat also in case it was needed.

"Matches says you should try to be available tonight in case things get messy", she shrugged Bethany was under no obligation to listen to her after all, but if she wanted to maintain the friendly mob contact it was in her interest.

With that she scampered after Matches for what might be some excitement for a change.

I am not too sure, they haven't logged in in a week so it might be internet issues or similar. But you never know with people and play by post games.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-09, 07:58 AM
You very well may be right. :smallfrown:

As Heather gets in Matches' car, he once more lights up a cigarette and again offers one to her. "So you ever worked a gun before kid? Because it's my understanding that you will tonight."

dancrilis
2013-05-10, 02:04 AM
Heather

This time she waves away the cigarette with a smile "no thanks" thinking about using a gun "no I haven't" hadn't Bethany mentioned that guns were next to useless against the dead ... but then she didn't know if they were going against vampires or ghouls.

"Who are the cams anyway?" she asked "and what is the goal of tonight?".

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-11, 10:46 AM
"Huh? I always thought you were kept more in the loop than that. The cams are the rival gang family for this area. Stands for... Cambino or something like that. Everyone just calls em the cams anyway. They've basically had control over the whole Chicago area for a long while. Last ten years, the Millner family (that's us) have been muscling in on them. The other night they caught us doing some business on the docks, and gave the fellas down these a machine gun sandwich. Tonight we're gonna return the favor, but just do it better."

dancrilis
2013-05-11, 12:42 PM
Heather

"Well I am twelve" she stated when he mentioned her being out of the loop, "think the bo ... Liam might have felt it would be more useful I didn't know to much of the politics and focused on doing my own bit right", she shrugged.

"I had it in my head that this was a vampire thing with all the news on them and than the gathering last night", she still wasn't sure it wasn't as she started to think about anything she had heard on the Cambino family.

Seeing what she can drag to memory if she has overheard anything more than what Matches said.
Intelligence+Streetwise: [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-12, 10:50 PM
Match's tone shifts with her words. He snorts unhappily. "So you buy what they're trying to sell then? You're not one of those that think this is just a new terrorist frenzy?"

dancrilis
2013-05-13, 11:59 AM
Heather

She looked at him curiously, "could be it is an election year, and cracking down on every city in the country will put some peoples minds at ease ... regardless of the walking dead", she shrugged, "but does it really matter, the government might have released some virus and be covering its tracks or if could be a practical joke gotten out of hand or whatever", she smiled sweetly "point is now the government has to make it look real and that they have to do things about it, so if the cams are vampires worshiping terrorists - well the city will be begging us to be in charge" her smile got wider as the implications hit her "and if the cops are corrupt and 'under the influence' we become the only player in town that the average guy on the street trusts".

It was a pipe dream she knew but hey it might work, "but Liam's and Bruno's call I suppose how to play it" and if Bruno bit it well it would be Liam's call surely?

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-13, 11:50 PM
She becomes aware that talking about this subject seems to be making Matches uncomfortable. He doesn't comment on her fantasies, and just continues to smoke quietly. After about a half hour drive, the two pull up to a parking lot connected to a back alley. Several members she recognizes are there, and all of them seem to be checking weapons out of the back of a trunk. She even seems James nervously sitting in the background. No Liam however.

dancrilis
2013-05-14, 12:16 PM
Heather

She shrugged she had thought it sounded like a good idea - than she couldn't suppress a giggle "sorry, over active mind, I will try to stay focused on reality".

Arriving at the back alley "so what am I here for. Lookout, breaking and entry?" she wasn't sure if they intended to give her some other task but those would seem the most obvious.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-14, 07:06 PM
Walking over to the trunk, Matches shakes his head. "Nope. Boss was very clear he wants us to teach you how to use a weapon. You're going to kill some cams tonight!"

dancrilis
2013-05-15, 01:45 AM
Heather

She gulped in shock, sure she could talk an ok game and knew the basics of a knife or fists, and she knew first hand the world they were involved in but that was a long way from being comfortable killing people.

"Matches I'm not comfortable with that, never done it before not sure I want to start" she said clearly, "I pull my weight, I brought us a good doctor, I do recon, distraction etc but I am not a killer".

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-15, 01:52 AM
He shrugs some at her dissent. The fact that she's 12 really doesn't dawn on him. "Everybody in the organization does this at some point. If you ever want to move up, this is the way to do it. Besides, no one's going to care if you miss."

dancrilis
2013-05-15, 12:04 PM
Heather

She wasn't too sure about any of this - so unsure that the idea of Bruno sending them as snacks to his enemies as a peace deal crossed her mind - but she dismissed it, these were experienced criminals they had to know that the boss might not be an honest decent man.

Still she might just miss a lot. She give him an odd look - If you ever want to move up, this is the way to do it - take a gun and kill someone, sounded like the best person to kill would be the guy in the job you wanted - which sounded hardly like an ideal way to manage things.

Still she could keep her mouth shut and learn at least.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-15, 11:48 PM
She is given a choice between a handgun and a Uzi. Which does she take?

dancrilis
2013-05-16, 01:24 AM
Heather

Considering carefully she decided on the handgun, it would be easier to aim and have less chance of tagging innocent bystanders - and allow her to miss more easily.

"How does it work", other then point and click she was not familiar with guns at all.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-25, 09:51 AM
To Heather's surprise, the back alley has a secret underground firing range. Matches takes her down there, and proceeds to give her lessons for about 10 minutes.

Feel free to make three attack rolls (Dex+firearms, so Dex) to gauge how well the lessons went.

Sorry about my Hiatus. I do have planned story arch with Heather.

dancrilis
2013-05-25, 03:35 PM
No worries, I understand that storytelling can be timeconsuming - and real life more so.
I was considering reaching out, but I don't like to be pushy on these things. :smallsmile:

So safety, recoil, trigger release, point and click ... seemed simple enough.

There was a second where she considered being cool - firing wildly and hitting all targets - she didn't do this.
Taking careful aim she fired at the first target, than evaluating how well she did she repeated with the second trying to compensate for any issues, and finally the third.

Shooting was not nice but she could see the utility - maybe if she was poor they would give her less unpleasant tasks.

Dex+Firearms: [roll0]
Dex+Firearms: [roll1]
Dex+Firearms: [roll2]

CowMasterTrojan
2013-05-30, 06:53 PM
As she prepares herself to shoot, Matches explains how to properly shoot. Keep your arms straight, head back, eyes down the barrel of the gun, etc.

She gets a few lucky shots in the first clip. The second clip she finds her luck is combining well with what's she's actually learned, and hits the bulls-eye repeatedly. However by the third clip, her arms have grown weak from so much recoil. They ache and she doesn't bend them straight, causing her to miss repeatedly.

Matches isn't the sharpest teacher out there, and fails to realize why. Heather may even realize that she's been around the gang so long, that he just treats her like he treats all the other members, without remembering her age.

After the training, the group piles into three vehicles with large back seats. The car she rides in contains Matches, but she notice's James Car go a different direction. Despite having supposedly a curfew, they car drives around well after dark with no issues. The police presence inside the city continues to be low.

Finally after what seems like forever to Heather, they pull into the dock area. Roughly a quarter of a mile down the drive is a boat, being unloaded by a group of goons. As she notices them, everyone begins to check their weapons are loaded and ready to go. Then, the car quickly begins to speed in their direction. The drive by shoot out is about to happen. What does she do?

Sorry, I've got to push this story forward a little bit for the time being in hopes of overcoming my burnout. Hope you don't mind the sudden montage.

dancrilis
2013-05-31, 06:38 PM
Heather

She was very unsure about this "I'm to young for this stuff" she mumbles, being useful was nice but this was beyond her non-existent paygrade, still she was here now she she would have to do what she could to survive. Namely keep her head down.

I don't think she would be able for shooting people yet - at least in this manner.

Don't worry about it I like reading items and none of her options were really taken from her.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-06-04, 01:17 AM
The vehicle rolls past the rival gang members, and everyone in the car scrambles for a window. Except for perhaps Heather. Within seconds, they are upon them and the blaring sound of gun fire deafens the girl. If she dares look, she see's a great deal of blood being spilled.

Men on the dock are not helpless however. Some men see the car coming, guns blazing, and they prepare themselves. Machine gun fire eats into the front of the car, and a stray bullet gets a lucky shot. Like a sack of potatoes, the driver slugs over as the lucky shot goes right behind his right eye. The vehicle of course swerves with his body, which is to the left, and accelerates off the docks. With a crash, the car hits the water going 20mph. Everyone is thrown about the car, and panic begins to set in as water begins rushing inside the open windows.

dancrilis
2013-06-04, 01:54 PM
Heather

Something is going wrong here, the thought was constant throughout the scene - blanked by horror on occasion, and dull panic.

The water at least work her up moving as quickly as possible to attempt to get out the window that the bullet had come through.

For maneuvering.
Dexterity+Athletics: [roll0]

For getting past bodies.
Strength+Athletics: [roll1] + 1 success from Potence.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-06-05, 12:31 AM
Everyone is surprised by the little girls surprising show of strength, as Heather pushes her way past everyone. Diving past the body of the man with a partially exploded head, she goes through the front of the car window. The water is slightly cold, but she hardly notices as the adrenaline races through her body.

Provided she can swim (one dot in athletics), she has a large range of boats she can swim to. If she cannot swim, he only option is to climb the car whose rear end still rests on the side of the dock.

dancrilis
2013-06-05, 01:17 PM
Heather

Fortunately for Heather she could swim and made her way to one of the boats where she could climb aboard after puling herself up.

However her mind was clouded, she was angry and cold and filled with adrenalin filled courage - they had killed her friends and for that they would pay.

She took aim carefully and focused her senses as she took aim unholy might blood flowing to her veins aiming her aim as she decided to finish off the enemies of her people, remembering Match's lessons as well as she could.

Assuming that the enemy have remained behind she would take aim from cover as a fuel tank of the car and shoot into it.
Auspex 1 to aim with hitting the right place for an explosion.
Perception+Craft*: [roll0]
It could be science or drive as well, but figured craft would be for the mechanical elements and knowing the dangerous bits.

Shooting it with 1 blood spent on boosting dex.
Dexterity+Firearms(0): [roll1] + 1 willpower.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-06-09, 08:23 PM
To Heather's relief, she sees that several other men seem to be swimming out into the water of safety. Thinking carefully, she remembers a repeated point in movies. Shoot the gas tank, and make the car explode. A perfect diversion.

Using her unnatural senses, she hones in and finds the gas tank. With a quick pull of her trigger, she nicks the side of the tank. The hole is clearly punched, and the tank begins leaking fuel. It doesn't appear to be exploding however...

dancrilis
2013-06-10, 12:17 PM
Heather

Ok, get a grip ... "why didn't it work" then it hit her "no spark or insufficient heat", she lined up a shot at the ground where the fuel was spilling if I can cause some friction I should be golden.

Or that was the hope as she lined up the shot, because if I am not golden they might start to shoot back or kill her friends in the water.

Trying to cause a spark and set off the fuel.
Dexterity+Firearms: [roll0] +1 willpower