PDA

View Full Version : looking for a mediator-esque class

Bluuegg
2013-02-24, 08:29 PM
like the title says. im looking for a kind of "Voice of Reason" class for a very new role player. please help me out community!

Thanks in advance!

Surfnerd
2013-02-24, 08:35 PM
Bard? I think thats what you mean? Well they have a voice.... I don't think adventuring and reason are related so I'm not sure what you can do with that. Be the voice of adventuring?:smallbiggrin:

But I think bard have the best ambassador oriented class, but Sorcerers have charisma as their main stat so they could be used as a voice as well.

Bluuegg
2013-02-24, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the reply, i never actually considered the bard. Ill talk to her about that.

I was thinking of a "Mediator" type class or SOMETHING along those lines...this is why i left it to the community!

Phelix-Mu
2013-02-24, 09:28 PM
I think there was a third party class called Courtier or something, heavy Diplomacy focus, published in one of the Oriental-esque settings.

But, honestly, bard is super useful to a party and has enough tools at it's disposal to be a very good "mediator" for an adventuring party.

As a new comment, but probably not such good advice to a newer player, psion telepath is very good face for the party. Some of the low-level powers can do wonders for diplomatic efforts, and a less scrupulous psion has even more tools to fall back on. The downside is that Int-based means that Cha and Wis are probably not great, and the main interaction skills are Cha and Wis-based.

Urpriest
2013-02-24, 09:32 PM
Bard is great. If you want to be really focused on it there are lots of ways to boost Diplomacy, but for a new player I think Bard is the best choice. If you're willing to add a bit more complexity, the Half-Elf Substitution levels for Bard grant a Calm Emotions ability which should also help the role.