PDA

View Full Version : Equitment suggestions for my arcane archer

mccoola1
2013-02-24, 08:45 PM
Hi all,

I often come to this forum for good info, Today I'm looking for information on equipment I may be dropping the ball by not having. I play 3.5 complete source open rules. I''m Running a elc lv 13 Char.

Level 1 Elf Wizard, 6 Levels of fighter, 2 levels of arcane archer, 3 levels for djinn bloodline.

I currently use the following

Masterwork Elvencraft Long Bow +3 (augmented by class features and special arrows) -Enhance arrow +1, -Imbue arrow. Dragon's Breath arrows.

Bracers of armor +1AC
Thistledown Padded (+1 AC)
Anklet of translocation 2/day teleport 10 ft.
True strike gauntlets 1/day +20 on next attack made before end of next turn
Ring of Cat's Grace, Greater (6 dex)
Family Heirloom (See Legacy Sheet)(Ring)
rings pull wearer in direction of twin
+1 ac
meta magic extend spell/3spells/day
+2ac if rings are with in 30ft of each other (replaces +1)
Invis 1/day
Cloak of the Wing (swift action fly avg, AC+2)(constructed item)
Hand of Glory (extra ring) (DM pg 258)
Efficient Quiver
Survival Pouch (RotW pg 173)
Ring of Sustenance
Bag of holding

I run the following feats
-Point Blank Shot (PH pg 98)
-Precise Shot (PH pg 98)
-Weapon Focus, Longbow (PH pg 102)
-Woodland Archer (RotW pg 154)
-Rapid Shot (PH pg 99)
-Able Sniper (RotW pg 148)
-Improved Rapid Shot (CW pg 101)
-Negotiator (PH pg 98)
-Leadership (PH pg 97)
-Business Savvy (DM 2 pg 184)
-Least Legacy
-Plunging Shot (RotW pg 152)

Looking forward to your help

Glimbur
2013-02-24, 09:22 PM
Bracers of Armor won't stack with Thistledown armor. They are both armor bonuses. Wear a Chain Shirt, you have exactly one level of wizard casting anyway so Arcane Spell Failure doesn't matter much. True Strike doesn't have any somatic components; choose your spells so they are naturally still.

+6 dex is really expensive. Hand of Glory is also pretty pricey for what you're getting, drop the Gloves of True Strike and get Gloves of Dex. You can just cast True Strike instead. I'd consider a Lesser Cloak of Displacement, a Con booster... check out Fill that Slot (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149464), Necessary Magic Items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187851), and Bunko's Bargain Basement (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=350.0) for more ideas. A lot of that might not be relevant because you are only using open source material, but it's worth looking at anyway.

Are you looking for advice on your build in general, or just items?

avr
2013-02-24, 09:34 PM
You may get arrows enhanced by arcane archer, but you could still do with some magic arrows for extra damage properties; stuff like +1 shock arrows or +1 holy.

You might get some serious use out of wands, especially if you take Glimbur's advice and get some better, cheaper armour. Choose some useful buffing spells and go to town.

If you can possibly do so get a vest of resistance or add the cloak of resistances' property to your existing magic cloak.

Slipperychicken
2013-02-24, 11:08 PM
Brilliant Energy arrows. Target is inside a building? No problem, snipe him through the walls.