PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Paladin Divine Bond Question

Severance28
2013-02-24, 09:05 PM
So when a paladin reaches level 5 and develops his 'divine bond', the text says:

"The first type of bond allows the paladin to enhance her weapon as a standard action by calling upon the aid of a celestial spirit for 1 minute per paladin level. When called, the spirit causes the weapon to shed light as a torch. At 5th level, this spirit grants the weapon a +1 enhancement bonus. For every three levels beyond 5th, the weapon gains another +1 enhancement bonus, to a maximum of +6 at 20th level..." etc.

My question is does this bond have to be with the same weapon? If so, are there rules for changing it? Bond to me sounds like something that should not be changed at will, but I also didn't see any rules for creating a new bond, which is common in the rules when it is required (familiar, etc)

PS: sorry if this is was already answered elsewhere, I did a little searching and didn't see anything

avr
2013-02-24, 09:11 PM
You spend a standard action. For the next minute per paladin level you have a divine bond with the weapon you choose, with the effects given. After that minute per level, you no longer have the divine bond running and the effects no longer apply.

When you next use this ability you can choose to bond to the same weapon or a different one. There's no requirement that you use it on the same weapon you did last time.

Severance28
2013-02-25, 11:21 AM
Okay, thanks for the response. The wording did not make it clear for me.