PDA

View Full Version : help finding a a class for acfter my prc

Aukianu
2013-02-25, 01:27 AM
So When I fist made my character I have now it was my first ever character in D&D and I wasn't good at making decisions then and I'm not really good now.

The Character in question is a level 8 Sorcerer level 9 fiend blooded, and I am taking the 10th level class for flavor reasons, but I don't know what to take after that.

She mostly focuses on damage spells. I will be taking the feat practiced spell caster so It doesn't have to be a class that advances my spell caster level.

I just don't know what classes are a good mix with sorcerer, or what prcs are good for only a couple last levels. In the campaign we are playing 3.5 game and almost all the side books are good but no home brew.

Now the question is What class should I take for my last few levels?

ArcturusV
2013-02-25, 01:33 AM
Well, if you have time to devote to it, Eunuch Warlock is quite fun. And having the Mighty Spells would probably be a boon to you, plus it gives you "Bonus spells known" rather than "level of spellcasting" so you can get a much bigger boost to your versatility as a spellcaster with Practiced Spell Caster as well. Archmage from the DMG is surprisingly good since you're only considering a few levels, without being OMGWTF broken. There's the usual suggestions people mention like Incantrix, etc. But I figure someone will cover it so I'd mention two that don't get much mention at all.

Alienist
2013-02-25, 01:41 AM
Flavor is good.

It's all about having fun.

Would you rather be remembered as the guy who made grossly overpowered characters and ruined everybody else's fun by stealing their glory (in which case, you came to the right place!), or would you rather be remembered as the guy who made interesting, whacky and cool characters, that everybody has a story about some weird thing they did which turned out to be awesome?

At the end of the day, what you take away from D&D is stories. If (years from now) people are telling stories about your characters and how much fun they had playing with you, then you are doing it right.

Aukianu
2013-02-25, 01:50 AM
Archmage looked really good till I looked at the feat requirement )= I'm going to have to find a prc that has no feat requirements, which is really hard! I guess I should of thought about what I was going to do earlier on.

And to Alienist, I really enjoy playing D&D for the story telling, I mean sure we have to win some of our battles or the world would end but being so crazy over powered so that nothing can touch you and you kill everything doesnt seem that fun!

ArcturusV
2013-02-25, 01:52 AM
Well, Eunuch Warlock is "Be Male, be evil, have the feat Spell Focus, cast 5th level Arcane Spells, cut off your balls for Power."

You can probably get a DM to wave away the "Be evil" part.

Aukianu
2013-02-25, 02:06 AM
To bad shes a girl with no balls then ><;