PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: charge through Cloudkill?

Wahrheit
2013-02-25, 04:43 AM
I was looking over spell options for my sorcerer and wanted a question answered about Cloudkill. The spell description states it deals its damage/insta-kill each round on your initiative count. Does this mean that, say, an enterprising character could take a double move to just run right on through the cloud at you, and since they're not in it on your initiative be unaffected?

SowZ
2013-02-25, 04:48 AM
I was looking over spell options for my sorcerer and wanted a question answered about Cloudkill. The spell description states it deals its damage/insta-kill each round on your initiative count. Does this mean that, say, an enterprising character could take a double move to just run right on through the cloud at you, and since they're not in it on your initiative be unaffected?

Only for the Constitution damage, it doesn't say that about the insta kill effect. He would still have to make his Fort Save. If he succeeded on the Fort save, yeah, he could run through the cloud and be fine.

GeriSch
2013-02-25, 04:51 AM
Well as i read the spell, if you have max. 6HD, you have to save immediately when in the area of effect (or die instantly if you have 3HD or lower). If you make the save, you will only take damage if you're in the area of effect on the casters next turn. If you fail the save, however, you should be slain immediately, because it doesn't state "slain on your next turn when in the cloud".

gr,
Geri

[Edit: Ninja'ed]