PDA

View Full Version : Exalted Brawler (of Kord) [3.5 PrC PEACH]

dspeyer
2013-02-25, 05:40 PM
Continuing the prestige classes for good gods theme...

Exalted Brawler

Exalted brawlers believe in strength. They can be found in gymnaseums throughout the world either helping people to become stronger or competing themselves. They also believe in putting their strength to the benefit of others. When a flooding river needs to be dammed by hand or a huge red dragon needs wrestling into sumission, an exalted brawler will be there.

Prerequisites:
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Base Attack: +3
Feats: Power Attack and Improved Unarmed Strike
Spells: able to cast 3rd level divine spells
Special: Strength Domain

LevelBABFortRefWillSpecialSpellcasting
11202Str +2+1 of existing divine class
22303Improved Grapple+1 of existing divine class
33313Improved Bull Rush+1 of existing divine class
44414Strength Spells+1 of existing divine class
55414Stunning Fist+1 of existing divine class
66525Improved Sunder+1 of existing divine class
77525Share the Strength+1 of existing divine class
88626Pure Strength+1 of existing divine class
99636Movement+1 of existing divine class
1010737Greater Strength+1 of existing divine class

Hit die: d10
Skills: 2+int
Class Skills: Climb, Concentration, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge(religion), Spellcraft, Swim

Proficiencies: An exalted brawler gains proficiency with all simple weapons and all two-handed martial weapons if he does not already have them.

Str +2(ex): An exalted brawler's strength score is increased by 2. This is not a bonus, but an actual increase, like the ones every fourth level.

Improved Grapple(ex): An exalted brawler gains Improved Grapple as a bonus feat. If he already has it, he gains any other feat for which he qualifies that has Improved Unarmed Strike as a prerequisite.

Improved Bull Rush(ex): An exalted brawler gains Improved Bull Rush as a bonus feat. If he already has it, he gains any other feat for which he qualifies that has Power Attack as a prerequisite.

Strength Spells(su): An exalted brawler includes all spells that give bonuses to strength on his class list. This includes spells that give other bonuses as well, such as Bite of the Werebear, but not spells which only sometimes increase strength, such as Polymorph.

Stunning Fist(ex): An exalted brawler gains Stunning Fist as a bonus feat. If he already has it, he gains any other feat for which he qualifies that has Improved Unarmed Strike as a prerequisite.

Improved Sunder(ex): An exalted brawler gains Improved Sunder as a bonus feat. If he already has it, he gains any other feat for which he qualifies that has Power Attack as a prerequisite.

Share the Strength(su): Exalted brawlers believe in strength for everyone. All spells with a range of personal that give a bonus to strength become touch range for the brawler.

Pure Strength(su): An exalted brawler can add his caster level to all strength checks. This does not include strength-based skill checks, only pure strength checks.

Movement(ex): An exalted brawler gains a bonus feat for which he qualifies which relates to a strength-based skill, such as Acrobatics, Brachiation or Skill Focus(swim).

Greater Strength(su): Whenever an exalted brawler uses a spell to grant a strength bonus, the bonus is increased by 50%. This does not affect other bonuses granted by the spell.

Frathe
2013-02-25, 06:25 PM
The names of some class features seem a little confusing. Everyone can already grapple; I'd call it "Improved Grapple", "Improved Sunder", etc., like the feats they're receiving. Also, you might want to give them some more unique abilities that aren't just feats, some of which they might already have before they take this class (I mean, this class would really not be too useful for people with levels in fighter).

I'd change the description in "Share the Strength" to read "all spells with a range of personal ... become touch range", not "range=personal" and "range=touch".

I also think some barbarian-inspired abilities, considering the god in question, would not be inappropriate. It's not necessary, but some kind of rage ability, damage reduction, or bonus to will saves could all work.

CinuzIta
2013-02-25, 07:19 PM
as Frathe has said, I think these class should get some more special abilities instead of just a lot of feats! Also, being Kord the god of phisical prowess, a d12 as an hd could work better then a d10..

dspeyer
2013-02-28, 02:54 AM
I've made the wordsmithing changes. Yes, it's clearer.

As for adding more stuff, it's already full casting with an improved chassis and a few nifty abilities. And the entry requirements are pretty trivial. So I could see mixing things around to be more Kord-like, but I wouldn't want to add more power (not unless it was so much that I could pull a caster level, but I don't see that happening).