PDA

View Full Version : Armor Bonuses

Kitzo
2013-02-25, 11:48 PM
Hello there, I have a Bone Knight who is focused on having the most immunities possible, I have a grand total of +10 to work with, and would prefer to only drop +5, and add all of the fun things into the armor as well, money won't be a problem for the extra just flat out cost bonuses, I am really just trying to play this armor off as the anti-spell armor of death and destruction, It can not be made of certain materials for the bone knight restriction of it having to be Bonecrafted, all advice is helpful unless its shameful advice ^_^
:smallsmile::smallbiggrin::smallsmile:

Thanks for your help in advance!

Current Immunities off of the Character: Fire, Acid, and Paralysis.
Bone Knight Class Stuff:

Improved Bonecraft Armor (Ex): At 4th, 7th,
and 10th levels, the damage reduction afforded by your
bonecraft armor increases by 1. Moreover, you gain
additional benefi ts while clad in your bonecraft armor,
as described below:
At 4th level, your bonecraft armor grants you immunity
to stunning attacks and nonlethal damage.
At 7th level, your bonecraft armor has a 50% chance
of negating any critical hit or sneak attack made against
you. In addition, the bonecraft armor allows you to act
and fi ght without penalty even while disabled or dying.
At 10th level, your bonecraft armor grants you
immunity to extra damage from critical hits and
sneak attacks.
From Boneknight I will receive: Exoskeleton of Undeath (Ex): At 8th level, your
bonecraft armor fuses to your body and cannot be
removed without killing you. However, you gain immunity
to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, death
effects, fatigue, exhaustion, ability damage to your
physical ability scores, ability drain, energy drain, and
death from massive damage.

Ganorenas
2013-03-01, 01:27 AM
Since Bone Knight is a Cleric Prestige, you could ignore the enhancement bonus and load up on the special abilities?

Taking enough levels in the class to bind your armor to your body would result in being able to cast Magic Vestment, which will increase the enhancement bonus based on your caster level (+1 every 5 caster levels, max +5 at cl20)

Um...
Since you get immunity to crits and a bunch of other stuff, grab some of the immunity to element enchantments? I think they are +2

Maybe Freedom if you need to avoid grapplers

OHH Don't forget armor spikes with their own enhancements, warning and... Another one will give you a boost to initiative
Since your armor is made of bones, they could be also? Tis more for you to bone craft

SowZ
2013-03-01, 01:34 AM
I always grab Death Ward. Immunity to one death effect per day as a +1. Though I suppose you could just cast Death Ward. I never play clerics, personally.

Gazzien
2013-03-01, 01:36 AM
Other initiative for Armor Spikes is called "Eager"...
If you're not immune to Negative Energy, I'd pick up "Soulfire" (+4).

Yogibear41
2013-03-01, 02:19 AM
After you have immunity to the rest of the elements what is left to kill you?

You could always go find a wendigo and let it drain your wis to 0 transforming you into one I remeber hearing about how a wendigo bone Knight is indestructible or something of that nature.

Ganorenas
2013-03-01, 02:57 AM
You could grab Nimbleness if your dex is higher than the armor would normally allow, that'd be an extra +1 to ac and touch ac

Are you also interested in other armor properties?

As a Bone Knight you could get Undead Controlling for extra undead everyday, I think it does an extra 26HD (afb)

There are a couple that increase saves from +1 to +5 that don't take an enhancement bonus, don't recall their names, they are from MiC

Glamor for when you need to go grocery shopping after 8th level bone knight

Anyone know of armor properties to keep his armor from being sundered or something similar? Bones are made of (once or... Currently?) living matter, are there properties to keep it from being destroyed by awkward spell effects that target that kind of thing?
If you are tough to kill, I know I'd start breaking or dispelling your gear to get myself and/or allies an opening, even if I didn't know you'd die from getting the armor damaged

Kitzo
2013-03-01, 09:07 PM
Soul Fire sounds great, I'm not too sure if I will be needing the elemental immunity, although I am subject to be wrong here, didn't even think about the armor spikes, any other great enchantments I should get on those?

Vaz
2013-03-01, 09:21 PM
Lumi are fun if you want to do a raft of immunities. 2HD+2LA is a bit killer though.

Miranius
2013-03-02, 09:35 AM
There`s a spell in Frostburn that gives you the cold-subtype which you then can exploit witht the Algid Enhancement spell from the same book for some VERY nice enhancements.
While it gives you cold-immunity you are vulnerable to fire, so you should check up on adressing that (energy resistance, fire shield or the like.... )

While it`s not an immunity you should look into getting concealment and/or cover to increase the miss-chances of enemies or even become ethereal (f.e. by the greater phantom template, i think it is MMV).
Fly-speed, as the poor-mans "if you cant jump 100ft. high i`m immune to your sword" ?;)

hope that helped.

Shamanu
2013-09-14, 06:09 AM
I was looking for the spell "Bone Armor", there was a thread here which is closed so I could not add my info. The spell actually comes from a book called "The Secret College of Necromancy", and is available to Clerics and Necro's.