PDA

View Full Version : Vigilante - pathfinder

terrymcginnis
2013-02-26, 02:10 AM
Hey there everybody I am posting this to get some input & suggestions on this character I am working on for my first campaign. Anyway some input on the campaign itself its a level 5 gestalt campaign being based heavily in urban settings so I thought I would build a vigilante style character who goes around stalking & beating up "criminals" now this is what I have come up with so far.

Class: 5 Rogue/Fighter
Race: Human
Str: 14 (2)
Dex: 16 (3)
Con: 15 (2)
Int: 12 (1)
Wis: 14 (2)
Cha: 10 (0)

The starting stats set by the gm were 16, 14, 14, 12, 12, 10 the above came after racial & level up mods obviously. so now I came here to get suggestions & input on things like feats & rogue talents along with anything else people can think of. I am pretty much set on the classes unless u think certain archtypes might fit better. I also plan on focusing unarmed combat & shuriken. Also since my guy is basically gonna be party scout & skill monkey with an emphasis on investigating if u guys could imcorporate that into ur suggestions that be great. I look forward to your suggestions and input.

terrymcginnis
2013-02-27, 12:48 AM
Really? No body has any input? XD

doko239
2013-02-27, 03:09 AM
Here's a gestalt version of my Batman build:

BATMAN

Human Gestalt Unarmed Fighter 5||Ninja 5

Str 16
Dex 14
Con 14
Int 12
Wis 10
Cha 15

Feats: Sap Adept (1st level), Improved Unarmed Strike (Fighter 1st), Dragon Style (Fighter 1st), Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike) (Human 1st), Dazzling Display (Fighter 2nd), Intimidating Prowess (3rd level), Enforcer (Fighter 4th), Sap Master (5th). At 6th level, pick up Shatter Defenses.

Tricks: Offensive Defense (Ninja 2nd), Vanishing Trick (Ninja 4th)

Basically, you punch things until they stop being a problem. Enforcer and Shatter Defenses combine to make enemies flat-footed vs your attacks basically forever, which you then exploit using Sap Adept and Sap Master to deal silly amounts of nonlethal sneak attack damage. Offensive Defense will grant a huge boost to AC, to keep you in the fight as you go.

At 6th level, this build will deal 1d4+6d6+15 damage on each nonlethal sneak attack. Nothing level-appropriate will be able to avoid taking a nap.

Invest your WBL into ways to deal with things that are immune to Fear, Sneak Attack or Nonlethal damage.

WeeFreeMen
2013-02-27, 03:26 AM
Perhaps alittle more info would help.

What character goals will you have?
Do you prefer any type of Fighting-Style? For instance, if your a Scout, are you thinking TWF, Sword/Board, or Ranged? I personally would probably go for TWF since you have an abundance of fighter feats.

Is there any specific special ability you wish to do in combat? Or any focused Combat Maneuver? Trip, Sunder, Disarm?

Simple suggestions thus far.
Two-Weapon Fighter Archtype // Knife-Master Rouge Archtype

Decent Feats: TWF tree, Mobility, Spring Attack. Dirty Trick Line of Feats
Decent Talents: Underhanded, Assualt Leader, Bleeding Assualt, Fast Fingers, Fast Getaway, Slow Reactions