PDA

View Full Version : So I'll be visiting St. Louis next week...

Isak
2013-02-26, 01:07 PM
Hey there, Playground!

Next week I'll be leaving my snow-covered and frigid home of Connecticut and traveling about half way across the country with a few friends of mine for a convention... We'll be in St. Louis at a convention for about a week, and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on nifty things to check out while we're there! Good food recommendations, odds and ends, and not stereotypical stuff (We know to check out the Arch :smalltongue:)

Bonus points if it's anything Horror related... We'll be at Transworld if anyone's familiar with it! (BIG Haunted House convention)

Wookieetank
2013-02-28, 03:30 PM
So much cool stuff to do here in St. Louis if you know where to look.

Things to do:
*City Museum (think multistory playground for adults)
*Forest Park, which has our Zoo, Art Museum, Science Museum, History Museum and outdoor Ice Skating. Not to mention some scenic trails (regardless of season).
*Union station, although these days is more interesting for looking at the architecture of the place more than the shops it has (most of which sell T-shirts)
*Grant's Farm is alright, dunno if its even open this time of year though.
*The Loop on Delmar, its kind of the indie/hipster hangout place with shops, fooding places, and the like
*Lemp Mansion is a good horror fan visit

Food Places:
*South Grand has several ethnic food places which are rather amazing:
-Pho Grand (personal favorite restaraunt), is a family owned Vietnamese restaurant and their food is fantastic
-Gellateria, a coffe shop that serves gellato, and is conviently next door to Pho Grand
-Mochi's Cafe is a sushi and Japanese food restaraunt that has decently priced sushi, and half priced sushi during their happy hour (4:30pm to 6:30pm Tues thru Saturay)
*If you like st. Louis style pizza I highly reccomend Imo's and Cecil Whittakers, both are good.
*The Loop again

I'm sure I'll think of more as the day goes on.