PDA

View Full Version : Someone Familiar with Errata Please Help

Sugashane
2013-02-26, 02:44 PM
My large LVL 12 fighter with 30 STR (+10) using a large greatsword (3d6 +15)

Feats include:
Power attack (+12)
Shock trooper's heedless charge (why above can go to +12)
Leap attack modifier
Battle Jump (Unapproachable east)

What would my average attack be if charging? (With the drop from Battle Jump)
And would having a valorous weapon be more damaging or a magic item that allowed for pounce?

From what I understand the power attack is double with two hands (26 (12+2x2)) with the extra 2 being from charging which is "tripled" by leap attack (D&D math making it now a x4 multiplier) and again doubled by Battle Jump (so really x5). So would it be 3d6+ 70 (Bonus)+15 (STR) for an average of 95.5 damage on average?

Thank you, the errata and conflicting posts online have been frustrating to say the least.

Curmudgeon
2013-02-26, 03:29 PM
Leap Attack doesn't triple anything. You'll need to read the Complete Adventurer errata to get the update for that feat, and then the Complete Warrior errata to figure out what "+100% the normal damage from use
of the Power Attack feat" really means when you're fighting two-handed.

Bob
2013-02-26, 04:10 PM
Hi Shane. If we are trying to find out how much damage this character would deal on a leaping charge with battle jump enabled, i think we would have an equation with coefficients that look like this:

Damage = (2battlejump)10.5greatsword + (1.5twohanded sword + 1battlejump)10 + (2power attack + 1leap attack +1battle jump)12

or without the captions, 2(10.5) + 2.5(10) + 4(12)= 84

charge bonus only applies to attack rolls.

someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Sugashane
2013-02-26, 06:06 PM
Ok, thank you guys. I'll just follow that template if there is nothing else anyone will add. That will be much easier to follow.

An average of 94 is great.

Bob
2013-02-26, 06:29 PM
My mistake. That's sort of embarassing; should I edit it, or leave it for posterity?

Either way, I feel like distributing the x2 for battle jump and dealing with it with D&D math rules is the most acceptable way to deal with that.

Sugashane
2013-02-26, 08:12 PM
Just go ahead and edit it, I'll delete my part.

Valorous weapon would "double" the total damage correct? (By double I mean it would boost the modifier to all by 1) And if a druid would cast a spell granting pounce the +94 would be to every attack in the charge?

I appreciate the help a lot too. Thank you.