PDA

View Full Version : [3.P]Interesting Builds

BeserkerNike
2013-02-26, 05:39 PM
Me and my buddies are starting a new campaign soon and i am out of ideas for builds if anybody has any ideas please post here
Here is the list of books allowed:
Core
APG
UM
UC
Bestiary 1-3

Thanks

Psyren
2013-02-26, 06:05 PM
...Can you narrow it down a bit? What do you feel like playing? (Caster, melee, skillmonkey, range...?) What are the others playing?

BeserkerNike
2013-02-27, 12:54 AM
We will most probably have a cleric or a wizard,rogue and a ranger so most probably i would like to play a high dmg class. I want to play dual shield fighter but my dm doesn't let me.so if you have an build for that or any other interestin build please let me know

Halae
2013-02-27, 02:52 AM
A goblin gunslinger. Seriously. Take dual barreled pistols with rapid reload and alchemical shots and you're reloading as a free action. dual wild them for double the attacks per turn. it's a -8 penalty, but you're small, have a +4 racial bonus to dex, and you're attacking touch AC. assuming you have rapid shot and someone casts haste on you, this should earn you 28 shots per round at level 20, which is enough to make most dragons whimper. for bonus points, get a pouch that has 30 alchemical shots in it and have abundant ammo cast on it - doing this would normally burn money like NOTHING ELSE, but having it made magically unlimited by abundant ammo clears up that problem nice and easy

Also, try to coerce your GM into letting you have access to the Advanced Races Guide. there's a feat inside that lets goblins wield medium sized guns at no penalty, and an alternate racial favored bonus gives them +1 to crit confirmation per level, which makes you absolutely laugh at the penalty dead shot gives you (for when you want to bypass DR)

BeserkerNike
2013-02-27, 03:54 AM
nice idea i was thinking about making my own race we have 10 points to spend and i am planning to have a high wis score and take the wis on dmg feat or taking a level in summoner so i have additional hands and one for reloading

Halae
2013-02-27, 04:26 AM
There's an alchemist archetype that gets an extra arm.

Oh, I forgot about another thing said gunslinger can get - a goblin gunslinger of this type can take the "Pistolero" archetype to get the "Up close and deadly" deed. Take some grit cost reduction and you can basically apply +5d6 to all your shots.

another interesting option would be to take a tiefling gunslinger with a prehensile tail (an alternate racial trait) which would let him use his tail as a third hand for the purposes of things like reloading like this.

BeserkerNike
2013-02-27, 04:55 PM
I like the Tiefling idea to use the tail to reload
so i am most probably going to use that
In our current campaign i am playing a 8th lvl Summoner with a 6th lvl Inquisitor Cohort (+15 on Init :P) and well i am not sure what builds to use for them
The composition of our current group is :
Oracle Human (i belive)
Dwarf Cleric (TN and channels negative energy)
Dwarf Ranger
Dwarf Cleric (Cohort and Dead)
Half-Elf Ninja
Half-Elf Summoner (Me)
Human Inquisitor (My Cohort)
2 x Tiefling Witches