PDA

View Full Version : PMA: Fae Dreams

Pages : [1] 2

Eshkigal
2013-02-26, 06:48 PM
Selena yawns as the blaziken crows, rousing her to another morning in Chansey's Glenn. A small town with many farms and normal type pokemon, they provide most of the meat for the Barony. A useful place for you, with your focus and passions.
Especially since you just realized you don't have enough money to keep paying for your inn room, or breakfast for you and your team.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-26, 08:24 PM
Selena stretches while Masquerade, currently looking like Selena, cleans the room a little, "Masq, you don't need to do that, we're leaving today remember? Can you wake up Mink and Banshee?" she asks the ditto, a short while later, she hears a cry of surprise and a loud squeak as Mink runs into the room behind Selena, shivering. A few moment's later, Masquerade walks into the room holding Banshee.

Selena goes to the window, "Tenten, we're heading out, stop playing with the butterflies and help pack," she calls out to her lopunny.

Soon the room is packed and Selena heads downstairs with her pokemon, Mink dashing around and brushing up dirty spots while Banshee clings to Masquerade, still looking like Selena, and Tenten hops from thing to thing around the room with childish curiousity.

She heads over to the counter to get the bill for her stay, "Good morning," she says happily, "Do you know any places that I could possibly get some work before I leave town?" she asks after paying off her stay, "or any caravans that will take someone in free if they help out?"

Cha Check: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-02-26, 08:35 PM
"Oh? Got the egg I asked for done already?"
A few days ago, the innkeeper had asked for a meowth egg to help deal with the occasional harrying rattatas. Unfortunately, you have had little luck finding one. She's let you stay here in lieu of the normal gold you're so short on.
"Not yet then? Try one of the farms nearby, they always could use someone to breed their mon for them."

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-26, 08:42 PM
"I'll see what I can do, I'll need to find a meowth before I can breed you one, if I find one I'll try and get one to you," Selena says, "I'll see if I can't breed one if one of the farms has one while I'm there, thank you for your time," she says before heading out with her pokemon following, heading to one of the local farms, one of the smaller ones, since they usually didn't have dedicated breeders to help with their pokemon.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-26, 09:09 PM
Roll for Jobs: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-02-26, 09:16 PM
As you depart, you spot a gleam from the woods. One moving.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-26, 09:19 PM
Wis Check: [roll0]

Selena tilts her head as she spots the gleam, and promptly follows, "come on guys, I want to see what this thing is..." she says, heading towards the thing.

Eshkigal
2013-02-26, 09:32 PM
You go into the woods, and see two mon butting heads. One has several tails and a steel orb in its head, while the other has an afro and brass rings on its horns. They begin circling each other. Nearby, a farmer's herd of miltanks is watching intently.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-26, 09:45 PM
Selena circles around, "Masquerade, copy one of the miltank," she says quietly, "we want to confuse them okay."

Eshkigal
2013-02-26, 09:53 PM
As Masquerade changes, you see the farmer stuck in a tree, unconscious. That had to sting.
The two fighting mon don't seem to notice, too intent on coming away the victor.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-26, 10:00 PM
"Masquerade, go for a growl, weaken them and see if we can't get them to stop fighting," she says to the transformed ditto.

Masquerade moves in and moos loudly at the two pokemon.

Growl
AC: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-02-26, 10:03 PM
They snarl and turn, looking at the only one to try interrupting them.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-26, 10:10 PM
Selena goes over to the tree with the farmer while Masquerade starts to try pacifying the two battling pokemon, "Tenten, can you get the farmer down? Gently?" she asks the pokemon.

Masquerade moos again, trying to get the two pokemon to back down from the fight without actually fighting as Selena tries to awaken the farmer so he can get this situation under control.

Growl

Eshkigal
2013-02-26, 10:22 PM
The bouffalant charges forward, horns ready to slam into Masquerade's side.
[roll0] Horn Attack
[roll1]
Meanwhile, the tauros snorts, glaring at you but not charging, yet. Seems it doesn't appreciate your interference.

Eshkigal
2013-02-26, 10:25 PM
[roll0]-of course that crits...

Eshkigal
2013-02-26, 10:28 PM
Masque goes flying from the blow, slamming into the tree Tenten was still climbing to get the farmer down. Tenten lands on her feet, while the farmer lands on Masque, bouncing once before the ditto returns to his gooey state.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-26, 10:46 PM
"Masq!" Selena shouts before turning to the two fighting mon, "that's not good," she says returning the little ditto, "Tenten, hit the one with the afro, Return!" she calls out.

Return
Damage: [roll1]
Crit: [roll2]

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-26, 10:52 PM
Capture Roll: [roll0]

Selena throws a quarts ball at the bouffalant that had taken down her first pokemon.

Eshkigal
2013-02-26, 10:55 PM
It bellows as your lopunny shows the power of love off, and charges at Tenten before you toss, aiming to bash her with its horns too.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]-if crit
Then it disappears into the ball.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-26, 11:06 PM
Tenten tosses the closed ball to Selena before jumping over herself, she looks for any moomoo milk he may have on him to help revive him, then lets Masquerade out and gives her some TLC.

Tender Loving Care: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-02-26, 11:10 PM
Tenten looks around a bit before staring at a miltank. She wanders over, grabs a carrot, and leads the miltank with it until it's roughly over the owner. Then she milks it. Surprisingly, that seems to work a bit. Meanwhile, while Masque should feel better relatively soon, he'll still need several minutes to recover enough to wake up.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-26, 11:18 PM
Selena blinks, "where did you learn to... nevermind, I don't want to know" she says, knowing Tenten, it would be something very elaborate, convoluted, and just plain wierd. She leans the farmer against a tree and has her pokemon keep the herd together so they wouldn't get lost until the farmer woke up.

Eshkigal
2013-02-27, 09:07 PM
The tauros growls as you keep intruding on his territory, pawing the ground. However, seeing as you're helping his human, you aren't gored. After some time, the farmer sputters a bit before opening his eyes.
"Ow...Dangit, what happened?"
Masque stirs painfully a short while after.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-27, 09:18 PM
"You got hit into a tree by a bouffalant, then hit out of a tree by a flying ditto..." Selena replies, "managed to catch the thing and get you back up, well, Tenten got you back up with the help of one of your miltank anyway. You okay?" she asks, picking Masquerade up, who hardens her skin into an oval shape so she wouldn't slip through Selena's arms while still weakened.

Eshkigal
2013-02-27, 09:24 PM
The man winces as he moves, clutching at his ribs for a moment.
"Been better. Thanks for your help, ma'am, is there anything I can do to repay the favor before finding a doctor?"
He looks at the nervous tauros, and whistles. The mon backs off a bit, before starting to ignore you.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-27, 09:47 PM
"We'll talk about that after getting your herd here penned up and you to a doctor," she says, "Tenten, help me out here." The lopunny comes over and helps to lift the farmer up, "which way?"

Eshkigal
2013-02-27, 09:58 PM
Tenten struggles to help the man up, being a good two feet shorter than him, but together you get him to the local doctor after he gives the tauros some instructions to see the herd home. After some long work, the farmer's breathing easier.
Now would be a good time to make your requests.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-27, 10:14 PM
"Good to see you're feeling better," Selena says to the farmer once he had gotten taken care of, "I'm glad I was able to help," he'd probably have a better chance to tell how young she looks now, "um, sorry to bring it up, but I'm actually in a bit of a pinch, I need to get a meowth for the innkeeper in town to help pay for my stay there, would you have one or know someone that does?" she asks him, then she suddenly straightens with a very bright embarassed blush across her face, "Oh, where are my manners? My name's Selena White."

Eshkigal
2013-02-28, 09:41 PM
"Marty Daggerfell. And my boss has one or two over in Milk's Bough. Sent me over here to pick up some more miltank for the farm."
Milk's Bough is a second town nearby. They're both run by the Normal Captain, who is said to be so fearsome she can headbutt a tauros into submission, but they are separate because of the sheer space the farms require. Where Chansey's Glenn is known for meat production, Milk's Bough handles dairy and eggs mostly.

EdroGrimshell
2013-02-28, 09:51 PM
"Guess you got a bit more than bargained for," she says with a giggle, "If it's alright I'd like to go with you on your way back, Masquerade here, once she's not as sore, would be able to act as a mount if you'd like," she offers, "it'd be beneficial for both of us, I think."

Eshkigal
2013-03-01, 09:22 PM
"Now that they've been seen to, my ribs ain't giving me near as much trouble. Let your mon rest an' we'll walk, 'cause he took a battering too."
He leads you on your way, and within an hour you come to the other town. He leads you to a farm, where a multitude of miltank roam. You spot the tauros from earlier, too.
"So, where would you like to start? Meeting the boss abou the meowth, or possibly a job?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-01, 10:19 PM
"I need to see about the Meowth first, I need to pay back the inn keeper, that's the way I intended to do so," Selena says, "If you have other jobs I could help with I'd be happy to do so."

Eshkigal
2013-03-01, 11:06 PM
"We're still getting the permanent helpers to deal with the expansion, so if you want to help with the miltank in any way, there's that. We also have eggs from pidgeys in the back. Anyway, lemme introduce you to the boss, first."
He leads you to the back, where an older man is seeing to branding the new miltanks.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-02, 09:31 AM
"Thank you, Marty," Selena says to the farmer, "would you be willing to vouch for me to your boss? I doubt he'd take someone that looks like a kid seriously if they just walked up to him," she asks.

Eshkigal
2013-03-03, 11:11 AM
"Wait, you're not a kid?"
He looks confused as he takes another look at you.
"You can't be in your teens yet. But I can vouch for your helpfulness."
He strides forward, going over to the man. They get into a bit of a conversation before the older man comes over.
"So I hear you helped Marty here after a bouffalant got'im, and you need a job. What're yer skills, kid?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-03, 11:57 AM
"I'm a breeder, specializing in normal type pokemon," Selena says, indicating her pokemon before turning back to both the man and the farmer, "And I'm eighteen, I just look like a kid."

Eshkigal
2013-03-03, 04:12 PM
They look at each other and shrug. Sometimes, looking young was a pain...
"Okay, then. I could use a few pidgey eggs, to start with. Marty here can show you where, an' that'll be your first test. Say...200 an egg?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-03, 04:39 PM
"That's fair," Selena says, "I'll see what I can do."

Eshkigal
2013-03-04, 01:17 AM
Marty leads you to a bunch of pidgeys and lets you get to work.
(Give me as many of your breeding checks as you'd like to use, max 8. These use your normal breeding checks, and take 8 hours if unmodified.)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-04, 04:33 AM
Breeding Checks:[roll0] vs 35
[roll1] vs 35
[roll2] vs 35
[roll3] vs 35
[roll4] vs 35
[roll5] vs 35
[roll6] vs 35
[roll7] vs 35
(4 Successes)

Eshkigal
2013-03-04, 11:45 PM
After 8 hours, you come back with four eggs. The boss looks them over, and nods, before giving you 800 poke.
"We could always use help like that, miss. Now, I believe you said something 'bout needing to breed a meowth?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-05, 12:02 AM
"I am indeed in need of a meowth, I made a deal with the innkeeper back in Chansey's Glenn, she needs one to deal with the rattata that occasionally sneak their way into any establishment," Selena replies, "additionally I have interest in them as well, I have heard some examples are quite skilled in dealing damage with normally weak attacks. As I intend to eventually challenge the Captain do to our shared focus, I would like a chance to obtain one myself."

Eshkigal
2013-03-05, 09:12 PM
"Well, all we have is old Madison, but if you want, you could breed an egg from him."

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-05, 10:13 PM
"Thank you," Selena says, "I may need some time to be able to breed an egg, so I may need to come back another time if my first try fails," she continues, "also, I'm curious if you know anyone that could use a bouffalant? I caught the one that attacked Marty and would like to give it a better home than with me, seeing as I do not have much skill with larger pokemon such as itself and do not truly need one at this time."

Eshkigal
2013-03-05, 10:17 PM
"Always useful. Here."
The boss sends out a big, heavy looking mon (throh) who he sets up.
"Now, Tuck here will catch it and keep it from hurting anyone. Send it out and we'll judge the worth, arright?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-05, 11:00 PM
Selena stands opposite the throh and releases the bouffalant.

Eshkigal
2013-03-05, 11:14 PM
The bouffalant rears up and bellows a challenge, only for the throh to rush under it and shoulder it over. The bouffalant takes a fall, and the throh locks its arms around the steer's neck, pinning it down while the farmer checks it over. He stands up as the mon still tries to get out of his throh's grasp.
"Looks to be in good health, and to be a strong one. I'll give you 5000 for him, if you wish."

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-05, 11:37 PM
"I appreciate the offer, it is very generous of you. Consider him yours," Selena replies.

"May I see the meowth I'd be breeding? I'd like a chance for it to get more comfortable around me and Masquerade."

Eshkigal
2013-03-06, 09:28 PM
The farmer looks over, after getting you to recall the bouffalant.
"Marty, go get her money, then go find Madison, okay?"
Marty nods, and brings you to the house. He gets you some money, which after you take a quick inventory is the agreed amount, and then shows you where a lounging, sleeping meowth is on a chair.
"Most of our pest problem is at night, so Madison here sleeps a lot."

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-06, 09:42 PM
"Thank you," Selena says before taking to the small pokemon, petting it gently. A good way to ease a sleeping pokemon so that it wouldn't freak out when woken up. After a few minutes she rouses the pokemon, "Hi there."

Eshkigal
2013-03-06, 10:00 PM
It stretches, and looks at you, apparently bored. Tenten comes over, and Madison sniffs her a bit, before accepting chin scratching.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-06, 10:38 PM
"Why don't you guys play for a while," Selena says to her pokemon, "come on little one, how about we get you acquainted with some of my pokemon," she says to the meowth with a gentle smile, "I think you'd like the warmth of the sun while sleeping too."

Eshkigal
2013-03-08, 01:32 AM
The meowth just looks between you two lazily, until Tenten picks him up and carries him off. Doesn't seem to mind that, though.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-08, 05:00 PM
Selena leads Tenten to a small clearing she saw while working with the pidgey and has her set the cat down where the sun would be able to warm her until night, which probably much farther away. She decides to take a nap herself, with all her pokemon out and about, they could warn her if anything was going to happen. And Banshee would be sure to wake her up if something bad happened.

Eshkigal
2013-03-08, 11:40 PM
You fall asleep for a few hours, until something fuzzy wakes you up. Opening your eyes, you hear a fluttering of wings and spit a mouthful of feathers. Apparently, a pidgey decided your face looked comfortable. Banshee just snickers a bit.
It's been nearly twelve hours since you started out today, and in a farm town everyone wakes up fairly early. The sun is now setting on the horizon, and the meowth has begun to stir. Time to go to work...

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-09, 10:42 AM
Selena pulls a feather from her hair and another from her mouth, that's what she gets for falling asleep behind the pidgey coop, "well, let's see what this little one does for the night," Selena says, maybe she could find a rattata egg while exploring too.

Eshkigal
2013-03-09, 10:58 PM
The meowth slinks off, and you follow. You quickly lose sight of it, but the squeak and gurgle of a nearby rattata tells you what you need to know.
(Perception if you want to help.)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-09, 11:09 PM
Perception Check:
[roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-03-10, 12:28 AM
You move towards the fighting, and spot three rattata skirting where the meowth has just torn a raticate's throat out.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-10, 01:05 AM
Selena has Masquerade transform into a Meowth, "Masq, see if you can't help Madison out a little. Banshee, can you see if you can hear the nest, please?"

Eshkigal
2013-03-10, 02:43 PM
Masque turns into a copy of the (level 20) meowth, as Banshee perks her ears up. She points towards the forest, but the woods of this region...well, they're rumored to be the domain of the Baron's necromancer at night...

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-10, 09:03 PM
Need specifics on the Meowth.
"Looks like we'll just be dealing with these ones then..." Selena says, not liking the ideas of going into the woods at night.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-10, 09:25 PM
"Masq, use bite on one of the rattata!" Selena says, having her go to cut off the rats from running off.

Bite

Eshkigal
2013-03-10, 09:41 PM
One rattata squeaks, falling unconscious as Masq pounces and bites his torso. The other two squeak in a panic, dashing into him.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-10, 09:58 PM
"Alright Masq, Scratch both of them now!"

Scratch 1
Technician: [roll3]

Scratch 2
AC: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
Crit: [roll6]
Technician: [roll7]

Eshkigal
2013-03-10, 10:09 PM
Both are bleeding heavily after that, though one tries to run while the other goes for another tackle.
[roll0]
[roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-10, 10:32 PM
"Rest now Masq, you did good... Mink, you're up! Pound the one that's still here!" Selena says, returning Masquerade and having Mink dash into the fray to hit the rattata with her tail.

Pound

Eshkigal
2013-03-10, 10:35 PM
It blitzes Mink, trying to over power her before it falls.
[roll0]-quick attack, 2+ def
[roll1]
(2 unconscious rattata, 1 ran. Continue?)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-10, 10:48 PM
Selena quickly picks up Banshee and goes over to Mink, "Let's go, we should help Madison," she says, "Tenten, you'll be up if we get any raticate, Mink and Banshee can handle the rattata."

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-11, 08:51 PM
Perception Check: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-03-11, 09:02 PM
You spot more downed rattatas towards a barn. Going there, you spot more downed rattatas. The sounds of battle come from within, and you look to see Madison against 8 more rattata, with the tauros from before goring another two.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-12, 02:13 PM
Selena takes a moment before turning to her team, "Banshee," the pokemon squeaks and shivers, "use echoed voice to hit the rattata. We're going to keep our distance this time," that calmed the whismur down a little before she let loose a high pitched shout.

Echoed Voice

Eshkigal
2013-03-12, 05:16 PM
One begins bleeding from the ears, and four others look towards you and charge, the other four trying to hit Madison and the tauros. They're just too far to hurt, until a burst of speed leaves two of them smacking into Tenten, and two at Mink.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-12, 06:16 PM
"Tenten, take Banshee for now, keep out of the fighting if you can," Selena hands off the whismur for now, then she returns Mink, "Banshee, Echoed Voice!" Selena calls out as she dashes after the much faster pokemon.

Echoed Voice (2nd Consecutive Use)

Eshkigal
2013-03-12, 06:21 PM
The rattatas go now, and three hop at Tenten, one hitting and two connecting (the 18 and the higher 20's roll). The last one goes right through where Mink was. One's ears are bleeding, but it's still barely up.
(Your attack again)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-12, 06:39 PM
"Tenten, we're going to try something. Get in the middle of them," Selena calls out, which Tenten does quickly. Once she's there, Selena returns the lopunny and calls out, "Banshee! Uproar!"

Uproar [roll0] Rounds
AC: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Crit: [roll3]

Eshkigal
2013-03-12, 06:46 PM
those three drop, and the last one looks around before fleeing. Looking back, you see Madison and the tauros are wounded as well, but mostly alright. Madison licks his wounds a bit before heading further out.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-12, 07:03 PM
"Alright Banshee, no more fighting tonight, we're going to get the others healed up a little, okay?" Selena says, picking the small mon up, "you did good," she says, petting Banshee. She heads out to get her pokemon healed, and possibly pick up some more of the crystals for catching pokemon now that she had the money, though she'd probably just breed them, keep the eggs, and either keep the parent mon at one of the local ranches or trade them for eggs. She'd be back by dawn to get a Meowth Egg.

Eshkigal
2013-03-12, 07:07 PM
The farm is an hour away, and you can see the forest from here. Occasionally, you think you see flickering lights in the woods.
Are you sure you want to head back?

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-12, 07:15 PM
"On second thought," Selena says, glancing at the lights, "we'll go back to the farm," she says, and starts to head back, returning Banshee so it'd go quicker.

Eshkigal
2013-03-12, 07:23 PM
You get back inside as you begin hearing inhuman laughter from the woods. Looks like you just got a near miss.
"Mrooooo?"
You seem to be in the miltank barn.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-12, 07:41 PM
Selena pets the mooing miltank to calm it down, then lets out all of her pokemon, including the still unconscious Masquerade, "we took a few hits while out there," she says to the miltank, "would you mind helping out a little?"

Eshkigal
2013-03-12, 07:57 PM
Tenten goes over and milks one, drinking up and breathing out. She then sprays the other wounded mon too.
(They'll all be full)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-12, 08:19 PM
"Thanks for the help, and good job Tenten," Selena says with a smile, "we'll be waiting until just before morning to get a Meowth Egg, then we'll head back to Chansey's Glenn. Until then, we're going to rest up in here, 'kay?"

Eshkigal
2013-03-13, 12:05 AM
Tenten nods, and the others slowly stir as you settle in to rest against a wall, out of the way. You try to sleep, but the laughter haunts you through the walls, and you occasionally feel something slide down your back. On one instance, you swear when you looked behind you that there was a finger disappearing into the wall. Scraping comes from the walls.
Then, the door shakes, and there comes a knocking at it.
"Cubone?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-13, 12:35 AM
Selena, curious as she is, goes over to the door and peaks out on hearing the pokemon, Mink following due to her own curiousity.

Eshkigal
2013-03-13, 12:39 AM
Mink and Selena open the door, and look down to see a small brown pokemon holding a strange lamp-wait the lamp just waved. That's not a lamp, that's not a lamp at all what the muk.
Then the brown mon waves with a bone in it's hand at you both.
"Cubone, ba bone?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-13, 12:42 AM
"Hello there," Selena says, "can I help you two?" she asks, scanning the two pokemon, who seemed friendly for now.

Eshkigal
2013-03-13, 12:51 AM
As you scan it, you find out that there are a lot more mon in the shadows behind it. Then the bloodshot eyes open from the shadows, and the grins begin appearing in every dark corner of the yard, extending from the little cubone's shadow.
(Cubone, lampent, haunter, misdreavus, mismagius, gastly, gengar. You have an opportunity to close the door still, too.)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-13, 01:05 AM
A sweatdrop appears on Selena's head for each of the pokemon scanned, "Um, I don't mind talking," she says, laughing nervously as Mink runs back into the barn, Selena doesn't bother since the dex said most of them could phase through the walls, though she does stay mostly behind the door.

Eshkigal
2013-03-13, 01:12 AM
A large, green face with a crazed grin rises from the shadows, and begins laughing. Then the others do decide to join in, as more begin rising up.
(Spiritomb.)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-13, 01:23 AM
Truly scared now, Selena stays where she is for the moment, "aheheh," she laughs, "are you with the Baron's Necromancer?" she asks nervously, they wanted her to run most likely, didn't matter if she closed the door or not at this point, she was either screwed by being attacked out in the open, screwed by being attacked in the barn, or they were just trying to scare her and wouldn't hurt her, any way she looked at it, best bet was to actually stand up and face it. She'd either get attacked or get them to actually respect her a little, she really hoped it was the second.

Eshkigal
2013-03-13, 05:29 AM
The eyes and mouths go too far to run past the light, you realize. Much, much too far. The spectres laugh as the cubone nods, moving closer and sniffing at you, looking for some smell, or some taint perhaps lingering upon you. The ghosts raise up and look ready to strike, when the cubone shakes his head. They all droop then, the face actually wilting. One mutters to the cubone, who shrugs, points at you, and shakes its head rapidly. Safety, perhaps? The ghost mutter and moan, the eyes in the dark beginning to close. The cubone gives a cheerful wave and a tip of his skull helmet before wandering further south, ghosts in tow. Looks like you got lucky tonight.

(To explain a bit: I can't very well have a thread called fae dreams without bringing the equivalent around)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-13, 02:33 PM
Selena breathes a sigh of relief and waves back to the cubone, it was friendly, luckily, and had control over the ghosts apparently, even luckier. She really wanted the night to be over so she could go back to Chansey's Glenn with the egg.

Eshkigal
2013-03-13, 02:44 PM
Night does not end fast enough. Especially when you hear a scream in the distance and the cacophony drag something back past the farm. Guess they had been looking for someone. Finally, though, dawn breaks, much to your relief.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-13, 02:59 PM
Glad for the catnap she had beforehand, Selena left the barn only a little tired rather than completely exhausted, "come on guys," she calls to her pokemon, "let's find Madison so we can finish up here and head out."

Eshkigal
2013-03-13, 05:41 PM
You find Madison where he had been sitting before, grooming himself.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-13, 06:50 PM
"Masq, you're up," she says.

Masquerade transforms into a meowth and goes over to Madison before starting a conversation with the actual meowth. Selena leaves the two to it.

Breeding Checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Eshkigal
2013-03-13, 07:21 PM
Eventually, you get an egg. You could talk to the owner about a chance to get more money for pidgeys, or you can head home. Or investigate where you think the rattata came from.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-13, 10:13 PM
Selena pets Madison then heads out, she had made plenty of cash while she was here, now she could go back to Chansey's Glenn and pay off the Inn she was staying at. She'd need to wait for the meowth to hatch first so she could get an extra egg though, she needed to fill out her ranks a little, and a meowth would be a good addition.

She takes a moment to say goodbye to Marty and his apparent boss then heads back to Chansey's Glenn. She'd spend some time training her pokemon while waiting for the egg to hatch, esspecially Masquerade, she went down far to easily.

Eshkigal
2013-03-14, 10:28 PM
They see you off, apologizing that you couldn't leave the day before. You carry your egg to the inn, and the owner is delighted.
"Thank you, young miss! I'll be sure to take good care of it."
The day is young. Any thoughts on what you'd like to train with?

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-15, 02:39 PM
"Alright guys, we're going to do some training," Selena says, "Masquerade, we'll be working on your defensive abilities and endurance, Mink, we'll be working on your speed, Banshee, we'll be working on power for you, and Tenten, you're currently the strongest one on the team so you'll be helping with everyone elses training," she leads the team to an empty field near the forest if she can find one, then sets out to getting the mon specific tasks.

For Mink, Selena had Tenten hop around and set some markers that Mink would need to get to as fast as she could. Banshee would be testing her strength on the trees and disks that would be thrown for her more far-reaching attacks. And for Masquerade, she decided the best bet would be to have her try and make a dense, flexible shell around her form that could absorb some damage, to the best of her ability. Selena told her to remember the forms of some of the more defensive pokemon they'd encountered in the past and to try and emulate some of their features if she could.

Then she got them to work, Tenten would toss the disks for Banshee as well as reset the course for Mink once she got through one a few times, while Selena tested the shells Masquerade made and assessed the damage Banshee could do. Once Mink was through a few runs in different directions and patterns, Selena had her start hitting the spots with her tail as she reached them, if she missed she had to start over again.

Eshkigal
2013-03-15, 08:45 PM
They set up, and begin.
(6d100 for Banshee, high is good)
(4d100 for Mink, high is good)
(3d100 for Masq, High is good.)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-15, 08:49 PM
Banshee: [roll0]
Mink: [roll1]
Masquerade: [roll2]

Eshkigal
2013-03-16, 11:02 PM
Banshee takes a bit too much time aiming at the start, letting several fly past her, but in time she begins hitting more and more, until she begins getting nearly every one of them by the time Tenten runs low on things to toss. (100 exp)

Meanwhile, Mink keeps getting distracted by things needing a good cleaning on the way, and has to be scolded a couple times to stop dusting or organizing everything and keep running, to start. By the end, she begins getting the point. (50 exp)

Masquerade, meanwhile, has trouble finding the right consistency for a short while. Then, she begins mimicking turtle forms you've seen, before you take a branch and break it over a shell she makes. Masquerade learned defense curl!

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-16, 11:12 PM
(What time is it in game and how much time did the training take?)

Eshkigal
2013-03-16, 11:41 PM
(It's around 9 AM and that took two hours. Dawn was around 6, and you headed out then.)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-17, 12:30 AM
(Can I count the training learned moves towards getting into move tutor?)

"Good job guys," Selena says with a smile, "you did good today," she says, petting each of her mon, lingering slightly longer on Banshee for how well she had done in her own training, "how about we go get something nice to eat then see if we can't find someone to train with for a match?"

Poffin Hunt!
Sweet for Tenten
Spicy for Mink
Dry for Banshee
Bitter for Masquerade

Eshkigal
2013-03-17, 10:26 PM
(No, because these are quite a bit easier to get. However, I do tend to be generous. Also, Limberry Coast has the easiest captain to face, and the payout is always over 15 k after defeating the lieutenant and captain.
Poffins are generally mixed into meals when ordered.)

This close to Oak Ridge, meals with a poffin base are easy to find. It's 600 for all of them at cheapest quality. Most people are working at the moment, though there are some kids who aren't helping at the moment.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-17, 10:45 PM
Selena purchases a moderately priced breakfast meal for her team, spending 1000 on the whole meal.

She also goes and purchases a quartz ball, just in case.

Then she heads out to find someone that wouldn't mind training their pokemon with her own. Approaching those not working, she gives an innocent smile towards them, trying to play up the cute factor a little to get their guard down and underestimate her a little, "excuse me, my name's Selena, would any of you mind helping me train my pokemon?" she asks them, indicating the four pokemon behind her. Sometimes being mistaken for a kid could be useful.

Eshkigal
2013-03-19, 06:32 PM
They look to each other from where they're talking, before one tosses out a strange, scorpion like mon.
"Looks like I'm your huckleberry."
(Who's first?)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-19, 07:06 PM
"Two vs two sound good?" Selena asks as Masquerade transforms from a duplicate of herself into a duplicate of her opponent's pokemon and dashes onto the field, "a little eager, aren't you Mink?"

Masq did not use Transform, just made herself look like the opponent.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-19, 07:45 PM
"Alright then Mink, how about, we start with a tickle?" Selena asks, Mink nodding with a giggle, before dashing forward very quickly and tickles the little scorpion.

Tickle

Eshkigal
2013-03-19, 09:30 PM
Mink brushes her tail against the gligar, trying to find some ticklish spot, but unfortunately, the chitinous shell is too tough, and seems to dull touch. It smacks Mink on top of the head with a claw lightly.
[roll0]-Knock off, 6+def
[roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-19, 09:42 PM
"Mink, that was a wonderful show, give it a round of applause!" Selena calls out before the mincinno starts clapping at the scorpion mon.

Encore
Duration: [roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-03-19, 09:48 PM
It can't move this round due to the applause, feeling smug.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-19, 09:55 PM
Mink dashes forward without even waiting for Selena to issue the cammand, "use pound, Mink!"

Pound

Eshkigal
2013-03-20, 08:51 AM
The blow misses as the gligar bonks down again, feeling confident.
[roll0]
[roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-20, 09:32 AM
"Try again Mink."

Pound

Eshkigal
2013-03-20, 06:28 PM
Sadly, Mink misses again, the gligar being too sturdy to notice, and it chuckles. (sorry, 4 and better hits now)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-20, 06:48 PM
"Quite the resiliant little bug isn't he?"

Pound

Eshkigal
2013-03-20, 06:51 PM
"Actually, Scipio here ain't bug type at all, surprisingly. Ground/flying."
And the gligar bops Mink again.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-03-20, 06:53 PM
Ignore that damage because I suck.
[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-20, 07:12 PM
"Good to know," Selena says with a smile, and giving Mink a small pill, "go in for the finisher!"

Dire Hit used on Mink
All Attacks Crit on 18-20

Doubleslap
AC1: [roll0]
AC2: [roll1]
AC3: [roll2]
AC4: [roll3]
AC5: [roll4]

Damage1: [roll5]
Damage2: [roll6]
Damage3: [roll7]
Damage4: [roll8]
Damage5: [roll9]

Crit1: [roll10]
Crit2: [roll11]
Crit3: [roll12]
Crit4: [roll13]
Crit5: [roll14]

Technician: [roll15]

Eshkigal
2013-03-20, 07:20 PM
After a slapping like the fists of gods, the laughing gligar finally goes down, unconscious.
"Goddamn, that's a fierce little fella."
He recalls the gligar and sends a small elephant out, which trumpets.
(Speed 4, so go ahead. Swap if you want to)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-20, 07:46 PM
"Masquerade, you can take over here," Selena says. Instantly, Masquerade transforms and takes the form of her opponent while the injured Minccino joins the rest of the group, high fiving Tenten and Banshee.

Meanwhile, Selena gives Masquerade another small pill like the one she had given Mink before.

Masquerade uses Transform
Selena gives Masquerade an X Defend

Eshkigal
2013-03-20, 07:55 PM
(Phanpy, 14, Defense Curl, Growl, Odor Sleuth, Tackle, Flail, Take Down, pickup)
The phanpy goes for a tackle.
[roll0]
[roll1]

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-20, 08:11 PM
Selena tosses Masquerade another pill and then calls out, "Use Takedown!"

Take Down

Pickup: [roll3]
{table=head]Roll|Item|Examples
1-5|None|You find nothing
6-8|Battle Enhancers|One X Attack, or X Defense, Etc.
9-10|Berries|Any Random Berry
11-12|Poke Ball|Any Random Poke Ball
13-16|Status/Healing|Any Random Status healing item or HP healing item
17|Evolutionary Stones|Any Random Evolutionary Stone
18|Performance Enhancers|Any Random Vitamin
19|Hold Item|Any Random Hold Item
20|TM|Any Random TM[/table]

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-20, 08:20 PM
[roll0]
1 is a TM
2 is an Egg

Eshkigal
2013-03-20, 08:33 PM
The phanpy's still barely standing, and goes for another blow.
[roll0]-tackle
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-03-20, 08:35 PM
And the crit...
[roll0]

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-20, 08:46 PM
Masquerade goes down from the attack, prompting Selena to return the little pink mon, "Mink, think you can take it out?" with that, Mink immediately launches onto the field and does the same thing she did to finish of the gligar beforehand.

Doubleslap
AC1: [roll0]
AC2: [roll1]
AC3: [roll2]
AC4: [roll3]
AC5: [roll4]

Damage1: [roll5]
Damage2: [roll6]
Damage3: [roll7]
Damage4: [roll8]
Damage5: [roll9]

Crit1: [roll10]
Crit2: [roll11]
Crit3: [roll12]
Crit4: [roll13]
Crit5: [roll14]

Technician: [roll15]

Eshkigal
2013-03-20, 08:55 PM
One slap sends the little phanpy flying, rolling towards his trainer and unconscious.
"Dang, Mark too? You know any breeders I could get an egg from? I'd ask'em for an egg from my mon to trade for it."

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-20, 09:09 PM
Selena blinks then gives a mischievous cat smiles, "I actually am a breeder," she says, "I may not look it but I've been breeding pokemon for a while. I hatched all four of mine from eggs when I was younger. Can we talk at the Doctor's so I can get Masq and Mink healed up?"

Eshkigal
2013-03-24, 07:24 PM
"Yeh are now? Then howsabout Cletus here?"
He sends out his third mon, a cubone. The two of you head to the doctor's and get patched up for 250 a mon.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-24, 10:22 PM
Selena pets the cubone, "I saw one of these little guys last night, with a lampent, was actually rather friendly," she grins, "I'll accept the offer. What pokemon would you like bred?"

What was the XP for the battle?

Eshkigal
2013-03-25, 09:31 PM
"You saw Lil'Helper? The Necromancer's cubone?!"
The three kids step back in fear a bit.
"Hear he's sent to collect the corpses of men..."
"A cursed general for his army..."

The cubone beams up at you as you pet him. You recall he had requested an egg from Mink in exchange.
(You get 930 exp)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-25, 10:45 PM
"I didn't know his name, and he was nice enough when I saw him, though those spiritomb he traveled with were another story," Selena shivers, ", but he told them not to attack me so no harm done. Anyway, I can have the breeding done in a few hours, just give me some time and I'll have you a minccino egg," she says almost as if it didn't concern her, and it didn't really, it just meant the area was safe and she wasn't a target of their ire.

Breeding RollsMinccino
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Cubone
[roll3]
[roll4]

*blinks* can't you get shiny mon when it's in the negatives? Or is that only with a specific AC?

Eshkigal
2013-03-26, 06:35 PM
As you head away from the stunned trainers, Masquerade spots something and oozes off. You go after, and find an egg that looks reminiscent of one of the ghosts you saw yesterday...

When you're done breeding, you have a minccino egg and a cubone egg.
(Shiny has different rules, sadly. 1d1100 per egg.)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-26, 07:41 PM
"Oh," Selena says, going over to the spot Masquerade spotted the thing, "looks like one of them left an egg behind," she says, gently picking the egg up. She hands over the Minccino egg over to the other trainer, "here you are, one minccino egg."

Eshkigal
2013-03-27, 06:19 PM
The kid takes the egg when you find him near his house, and heads off after giving you thanks.
It's around 2-4 PM.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-27, 07:07 PM
Once the transaction is complete, Selena heads out to the training at the same field as before, "We're going to pair up this time guys," she says to her team, "Tenten, your with Masq, testing how hard she can make her shell, try increasing your power too," she says, "Banshee, we're using your previous training to make Mink's a little harder. I want you to try breaking the branches that Mink hops on while she runs the course we set up earlier. Mink, we're going to try doing it better this time, okay?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-27, 07:12 PM
Masquerade: [roll0]
Tenten: [roll1]
Mink: [roll2]
Banshee: [roll3]

Eshkigal
2013-03-27, 07:31 PM
Masquerade hardens up as Tenten begins hopping incredible heights into the air, slamming back down. The shell seems to barely hold, getting more gooey each time and more winces from Masq before it yields. Masq seems close to some breakthrough, though, but he seems to need some...basis.
Meanwhile, Mink falls after two branches by trying to collect some berries just as Banshee breaks the stick beneath her, sending her falling to the ground. This just keeps happening, too.
(Masq is almost at a new move! Tenten gains 100 exp. Mink failed training, no exp. Banshee was successful, 200 exp.)

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-27, 07:56 PM
Selena sighs, "You're doing good, guys," Selena says, petting each mon in turn, "Mink, you need to focus more, okay? If you don't you'll fall behind the others. Masq, we're going to find a pokemon that can help you form a harder shell, I was hoping the gligar's exoskeleton would help but I guess it wasn't strong enough a basis. Tenten, I'll be having you pair with Mink next time, you can probably keep her more focused. Banshee, I'll have you switching to physical training rather than vocal training next. We're going to rest tonight and tomorrow, I'll try making some extra money and see if anyone would mind me breeding their pokemon in trade for keeping a few of the eggs myself. Let's head back to the inn now."

Eshkigal
2013-03-27, 08:03 PM
MEANWHILE
Why did it seem you run away so much, Janus?
A question you've come to ask more and more as you heard Archie had put a price on your head in Limberry Coast. Bastard had a grip on the entire slum, and you just steal a few gold from his favorite wife and suddenly, everyone's after you...
However, these aren't people. These are hungry pokemon chasing you this time. A granbull snarls behind you, as it's pack of five snubull growl behind it. You've been evading them through tucking and weaving through bushes, but you're running out of places to hide...
Wait, is that the sound of another human in this muking forest? Could it be you finally get some help?
You burst into a clearing with a small girl apparently working with mostly normal types. The red eyes and white hair are odd for most people you've seen, but any port in a storm, right?

The Map! Place yourselves wherever. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnI5j6WFT83RdEJ6UVFPWDVYdDVyTk1vYk1vME5xU Gc#gid=0)

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-27, 08:18 PM
Oy! You! Kid! Yah wanna help a feller out? These mud-grubbing beasts have been on me fer 'ours!

Sure, she looked like a wee thing out with her parent's mon, but that granbull looked awfully upset. Well, here was as good a place as any to take a stand... After all, if it looked like it was going too badly, he could always hightail it out of here again. He only needed to run faster than her.

Janus releases a joltik on his shoulder as he continues to run.

Alright Buzz, give the big'un something to chew on!

With a furious chirp, the tiny spider's yellow fur hums as a charge is thrown at the rampaging granbull, causing his muscles to sieze up.

uses Thunder Wave, cannot miss, paralyzes target

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-27, 08:29 PM
Selena turns to the voice and yelps on seeing the granbull and snubbull, "Banshee, echoed voice! Hit the big one!"

Echoed Voice

Eshkigal
2013-03-27, 08:45 PM
The granbull howls as the paralysis takes hold, and causes Banshee to hide behind your leg rather than attack. Meanwhile, the snubulls move forward, trying to close the gap and surround their prey as the granbull tries to move forward against the jerky pace the paralysis gives it.
[roll0]-act against paralysis today!

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-27, 08:56 PM
Janus snarls as the snubblls surround him and lashes out with his knife at I-10 while Buzz shoots forth a burst of crackling web at both J-12 and M-11. The vicious beasts were persistent, he'd give them that.

I'm not going back. Forward. That's the only way... gotta stay one step ahead.

Arms Attack:[roll0] vs 4+def, [roll1]

Electro web: [roll2] vs 1+sp.def, [roll3], lowers speed 1 CS

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-28, 12:11 AM
Banshee lets out a cry on her own this time, once again aiming for the granbull.

Echoed Voice

Eshkigal
2013-03-29, 11:34 AM
The granbull snarls as its ears cringe back, trying to move forward yet again (Also, please put yourself on the linked map), charging at the howling nuisance if it can.
[roll0]-paralysis
Meanwhile, the snubbulls growl and charge, trying to press the advantage of numbers despite the wounds that bring three near dropping. Two aim for Buzz, while the others aim for Janus.
[roll1]-tackle on Buzz
[roll2]
[roll3]-Bite on Buzz
[roll4]

[roll5]-tackle on Janus
[roll6]
[roll7]-tackle on Janus
[roll8]
[roll9]-bite on Janus
[roll10]

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-29, 11:56 AM
Edited:

The joltik lets out a whimper as it fades into unconsciousness under the snubulls' vicious assault. Janus dodges the first tackle but the second slams into his knees. As the final beast closes in with its teeth bared, Janus whips his fist forward and slams it into the snubbull's nose, knocking it out cold.

After returning Buzz, Janus releases his Puddle, who hunkers down into his shell.

Sucker Punch!
[roll0] ac 2+def
[roll1]

Defense Curl! raises defense one CS

Eshkigal
2013-03-29, 12:25 PM
(One of the snubbulls missed because trainers add dex mod to evasion, and your hp, after looking again, is far too low for a martial artist. One of their starting perks is (str mod+dex mod/2)*5+ normal hp.)
You deck the biter, only one snubbull now connecting with you.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-29, 05:52 PM
(One of the snubbulls missed because trainers add dex mod to evasion, and your hp, after looking again, is far too low for a martial artist. One of their starting perks is (str mod+dex mod/2)*5+ normal hp.)
You deck the biter, only one snubbull now connecting with you.

That and Tackle's AC is 3 not 2
"One more should do it! Echoed Voice on the Granbull!"

Echoed Voice

Eshkigal
2013-03-30, 05:21 PM
The echoed voice becomes an echoed whimper as Banshee whines under the gaze of the increasingly angry granbull, still trying to move forward.
[roll0]anti paralysis
Meanwhile, the snubbulls divide up after their original targets again, three on the fresh mon, one after Janus.
[roll1]-Bite on Puddle, 2+def
[roll2]-also bite on Puddle
[roll3]-Last bite on Puddle
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]-Bite on Janus
[roll8]

With a triumphant howl, the granbull moves to close in on the nuisance, murder in its eyes.

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-30, 05:44 PM
Puddle weathers the blows as best he can, but its clear that he's struggling under the assault. He turns and, with a burbling Tortle!, spews a stream of water at one of the snubbles previously caught in Buzz's web. Janus slashes at the same 'mon or, if it faints after Puddle's attack, he will do the same to the another of the beasts. All the while, Janus maintains a constant stream of street-gutter obscenities under his breath.
muksuckinghagwhelpeddirtylittle-

Water Gun [roll0] ac 2+sp def.
[roll1] + [roll2] if crit

Arms Attack [roll3] ac 4+def.
[roll4]

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-30, 05:55 PM
"Damn," Selena says as the Granbull closes in, Banshee unleashes another shout at it, point blank.

Echoed Voice

Eshkigal
2013-03-30, 06:02 PM
The granbull howls and clutches its ears, barely conscious still. It tries to move forward, just to repay the favor once, just to bite down once...
[roll0]
[roll1]-bite
[roll2]
However, it seizes up and can't even move.

One snubbull falls as Puddles winces in pain (flinched last round by the rolls, 15-20 range flinches), and the others whine before trying to bite again.
[roll3] Bite on Puddles, 2+def evasion
[roll4]
[roll5] Bite on Janus, 2+dex mod
[roll6]
[roll7] Bite on Janus
[roll8]

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-30, 06:13 PM
"Finish it off, Mink," Selena says.

Pound

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-30, 06:14 PM
Puddle cringes under the bites, unable to act. However, the snubble's teeth blunt themselves on his shell, doing Puddle no harm. Janus spins around, avoiding the first bite, but misses the final snubble who latches onto his ankle.
-foulbeastsscumlickingOWgutterskim! janus bends over and slams a ball of quartz into it, hoping to buy himself some time.

Capture Roll: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-03-30, 06:22 PM
(Actually, NOW Puddles could act, so I'm going to use that water gun roll here.)
One snubbull faints as Puddles peaks his beak out of his shell, blasting it in the face. The other is quickly absorbed into your quartz, barely putting up a struggle despite being at full health. (Male, 7, you pick the rest)
Meanwhile, Mink uppercuts the granbull, and at last it goes down. The remaining snubbull looks at you both, before turning to waddle away as fast as it can.
(Parting shot?)
(1125 exp)

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-30, 06:31 PM
Puddle spews another gout of water after the fleeing snubble as Janus promptly sprawls on the ground, completely exhausted.
I made it! Hahaha, let him go puddle... it isn't worth it.
Janus turns to the mysterious girl who singlehandedly felled the granbull and extends a hand from his seated position.
Seems I owe yah one! Name's Janny, or Jay if y'want.

Water Gun: [roll0] ac 2+spdef.
[roll1]

Eshkigal
2013-03-30, 06:34 PM
The last snubbull gets taken down by the blast of water, leaving Puddle feeling smug.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-30, 06:50 PM
Selena takes the offered hand, "Selena, I can help that joltik of yours if you'd like, I have a pretty good hand at patching pokemon up. At least long enough for you to get to a real doctor," she says, then looks at the granbull, "although if you were dumb enough to antagonize a pack of snubbull and a granbull I can't see many other endings for it..."

Tender Loving Care
Joltik is healed [roll0] HP

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-30, 07:01 PM
Janus quickly releases the joltik who regains consciousness and scrambles up Janus's sleeve to his shoulder where it waggles it's feelers at Selena.
Oy, all I did was take a bit of a shortcut! Not my fault if these beasts got all hot and bothered.
Janus's voice takes on a solem note as he looks at Buzz and Puddle.
Still, it's a right shame these Buzz and Puddle had to take the brunt of it...
He brightens as he turns back to Selena.
But we made it, after all! Your own wee beasty packs quite punch!
Janus crouches down and waves at the whismur.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-30, 07:12 PM
"I hatched them myself when I was a kid," Selena says, "These are Masquerade," she points to the ditto, "Tenten," the lopunny, "Banshee," the Whismur, "and Mink," the Minccino. All of them wave in turn, even Masq who shifts to look like Selena to do so, "Come on, I'll take you to the local doctor, he can patch up your pokemon," while she's talking, Masquerade takes the form of Puddle, then Buzz, then morphs back to look like Selena.

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-30, 07:23 PM
Janus balks,visibly shocked, as the ditto changes shape
AH! I mean, yah that'd be great.
As Janus follows Selena, he returns the visibly exhausted 'mons.
Might as well make the introductions.
He releases a growlithe and an Aipom who clambers to the top of Janus head, playfully smacking his face with its tale on the way up.
This is Spark, and this little guy here is Spring, he's been wi' me for as long as I can remember.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-30, 07:47 PM
"Cute," Selena says, petting the puppy and offering a handshake to the monkey, "I actually prefer hatching my pokemon from eggs, may take longer but it's honestly the best way to build a connection with them." she pauses for about a minute as she leads the way, "we're only a few minutes from town, so we should arrive soon."

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-30, 07:52 PM
To be honest, little missy, you'd probably know better than me. Me and these lads just help each other as best we can.
As he speaks, Janus pulls a hand-rolled cigarette from his pocket and bends down for Spark to light it.
Where might we be going? I'm from down Lillycove way and don't know the country worth trubbish spit. Had to hightail it out o' there in a hurry and didn't think much about where I happend t'be 'eaded at the time.

Eshkigal
2013-03-30, 08:07 PM
You guys make it to town as you talk, and head to the healer. It's 200 a mon (and trainer) to heal up.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-30, 08:11 PM
"Hehe," Selena laughs, "you seem to think I'm younger than you," she says with a cat smile.

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-30, 08:23 PM
Kiddo, I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you look about as young as your shrieking little friend over there.
Janus puffs out a haze of smoke.
Ah, it looks like we've arrived. Although,
Janus pauses and looks around at what he can see of Chansey's Glen,It doesn't seem like there's much to arrive at 'round here.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-30, 08:44 PM
"I'm eighteen," Selena says, "I'll be nineteen in a month or so," she says, "I just look a lot younger than I am. My grandmother was the same way, she still looks like a teenager, except with grey hair," she purchases some of the expended items she'd used in the trainer battle earlier, buying two X Defends and a Dire Hit (I figure a doctor would have these more so than a common market since they're pills, at least the version I use).

"Um, would you mind travelling with me? I've had trouble with wilds lately and could use the company," she says, "and I can help your pokemon out so it's a good idea for both of us."

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-30, 08:58 PM
Janus gives here a lopsided smile as she tells him her age.Well kiddo... I wasn't planning on sticking 'round here. But I'll need a day or two to rustle up some funds first. My boys here'll need some patching up and I'm a tad light of pocket.
Janus pauses, realizing he'd forgotten something.
Where were you off to anyway?

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-30, 09:17 PM
"Hehe, I'm getting money too, offering breeding services around town to get some extra coin before I head out to challenge the local captain once I get some more experience in battling," Selena replies, "I plan to get a few of the prizes they give when you manage to beat them."

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-30, 09:39 PM
Prizes? Janus's face perks up. What might they be then? There's nothing like the promise of a little shine to 'ncourage the lads.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-30, 09:47 PM
"Besides prestige, they offer items, pokemon, services, and I think they offer prizes in coin if you prefer that," Selena says, "he specializes in normal types like I do, I plan to get a smeargle egg from him as well as a few tips if he doesn't mind. I plan to go against him with his own specialty rather than trying to have a type advantage, going to need to train up all of my pokemon first though."

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-30, 10:07 PM
Well I've got no pressing concerns in these parts so I'd be happy to accompany yah. In any case, I was hoping to trade this here creature for one of a mite less jaw-oriented nature. Any idea where I ought t'go about that? Hell, I might even try selling him. I don't think my ankles could stand much of anything else.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-30, 10:17 PM
"You could ask around for anyone that might want one," Selena says, "Normal types are common here though, more so than in most areas anyway, so you might not get much for it."

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-30, 10:41 PM
Hmm, I might just hold onto the little bugger for a while then. At least until we see a bit of a change in scenery... In any case I've got to go line me pockets.
Janus stubs out the cigarette on his coat sleeve and tucks what remains behind his ear. However, Springs tail slips down and gently plucks it from its resting place. With a mischievous grin, the little monkey blows on the end until it's cherry red and plops it right on Janus's head.
OW! Lady blast it!
Janus snags the chortling aipom by the scruff of its neck.
As you can see, Spring here is a little impatient. Shall we meet back here tomorrow? When were you gunna head out?

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-30, 10:48 PM
"Actually I'm staying at a nearby Inn if you want to rent a room," Selena says, pointing out the Inn just down the street, "And I plan to work tomorrow and leave the day after," she continues, "probably hop on a caravan to offer protection detail with my pokemon, free travel, maybe some extra cash and some pokemon if we run into any trouble, no matter what happens you'd come out ahead."

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-31, 10:31 AM
I think I'll pass on that, but thanks anyways. I wanna get a feel for the place and maybe nick some grub before me flut-rin lashes get the best o' me.

Time check? and how much does it cost to sleep at the inn?

Eshkigal
2013-03-31, 10:48 AM
(Between the fight, healing and Selena's training regimen close to 6 PM, and 150 a night with 20 poke for food per mon or person)
It is getting late in the day, and people are beginning to return home with haste. If you want to trade, this is the most people that you've seen around since arriving, and they seem to want to disappear quickly.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-31, 11:03 AM
"I'd advise against staying outside at night, they aren't very safe here, the Baron's Necromancer has his pokemon wandering the woods, I ran into them the other day," Selena says, "I'll help pay for your stay tonight, it's just an extra 100 if you stay in my room instead of getting your own and I just got paid the other day so I can afford it."

UncleScrewtape
2013-03-31, 11:31 AM
Ghosties? Janus shivers Wouldn't mind seeing one or two of those meself... but ye might be right. And I can pay me own way thanks all the same. Shall we?
Janus gestures to the Inn, trading (and other activities) could wait until he'd rested and recuperated.

EdroGrimshell
2013-03-31, 12:11 PM
Selena smiles slightly, and leads Janus into the Inn.

Need to Roll some Stuff
Tenten: [roll0] - [roll1] ; Electric 2d8+6
Mink: [roll2] - [roll3] ; Electric 2d10+8
Banshee: [roll4] - [roll5] ; Water 1d12+6

Eshkigal
2013-04-01, 09:07 PM
Each of you pay the 150, and any food you want, and then head off to sleep. Through the shutters, you occasionally see wisps of light from outside.

UncleScrewtape
2013-04-01, 09:24 PM
Janus tosses and turns, unable to sleep in the almost suffocating softness of the bed. Lady blast it... He rolls over and his hand flops about for a moment before finding the rumpled pack of cigarettes. Spark's snores let out the occasional flame that Janus uses as a makeshift lighter. Soon the only source of illumination is the glowing ember a few inches from Janus's face. With a smirk he clambers out of the bed. He scoops up the slumbering Spring, who lets out a drowsy Pommm. Janus clambers onto the window ledge and open the shutters with a grunt, letting in a cool breeze.

There he sits, gazing out onto the sleeping town an absentmindedly petting his oldest friend. As smoke dribbles out of his nose, Janus ponders the events of the day, much had changed for the young thief over the course of the day.

Eshkigal
2013-04-01, 10:14 PM
You look into the world, and it is truly a different world from the savage streets of Lilyport. There is little noise save for the whoops and whirrs of mon and animals outside, and a peace-MUK!
A pair of overly large eyes take up your entire view, attached to a wispish body composed of strange gases that appears out of nowhere. It gives an unearthly laugh showing a jagged mouth off.
(Gastly!)

UncleScrewtape
2013-04-02, 11:05 AM
"GaaaAAH!" Janus's arms wheel as he falls over backwards, nearly choking on his still lit cigarette. "Oy, yah ghostie! y'got me good an' no mistake," Janus chuckles. "Now manner o'creature are yah and what are ye doing here?" Janus vaults back onto the ledge. He offers the laughing mon his slightly crumpled dog-end. "Did yah want a wee puff?"

Eshkigal
2013-04-02, 04:34 PM
It looks surprised that you're so good natured still, before looking down. With the sort of shrug that says "can't hurt anyway", it gives an experimental puff of the cigarette. Smoke rises out of its gaseous form.

Eshkigal
2013-04-02, 06:21 PM
Matimeo
You're not sure what happened, or what's after you. After seeing their faces, you just know that, though they look it from a distance, they aren't human.
You sprint through the woods as piercing screeches fill it. There were stories about these woods you had never believed until now. Terrifying creatures, not man nor beast nor pokemon, haunt them, preying on unwary travelers in the night. You had thought them just myths.
Dear god, why couldn't they have just been myths.
Some shadows flit around on your left, and you skid to a halt as one of the terrors bursts from the wooded area around you. A human only in form, blood cakes its face and hands...no, claws. No hand would be that crude and dangerous. It's mouth is full of row upon row of sharp, dangerous teeth, opening inhumanly wide as it screeches, trying to find you. For the feature that drags your attention most, despite the mouth and the hands, is the complete lack of eyes. Where they should be, it seems the eyelids have fused together, and blood seeps from the tear ducts, the only spot not fused over. It shrieks about a bit, before pinpointing you, apparently by sound, and it roars.

UncleScrewtape
2013-04-02, 06:42 PM
"Come along then ghostie, rest yer tired bones beside me here." Janus shifts to the side of the sill, making room for the gaseous being. "I got no quarrel wit yah and I can always use the company." He takes out another smoke and lights it, blowing a ring of and sending it out of the window and across the town. "You alone then? I always heard that beasties like you lived in packs." After all, this being seemed friendly enough. It certainly beat out the raging pack of snubbull from the previous day.

Eshkigal
2013-04-02, 06:47 PM
The gastly looks at you odd again, before floating upside down above you, sending a plume of smoke out as far as it can. You go for another cigarette, but find them missing, and on surrounding roofs, dozens of ghosts suddenly pop up, a haunter passing them out and then picking up a litwick to light them.
(haunter, dusknoir, duskull, dusclops, gengar, litwick)

Jacior
2013-04-02, 07:47 PM
Matimeo breathes hard as he stumbles to a stop, fearing drawing close to the creature on the path. He holds his weapon out in front of him, the head of the hammer shaking slightly as he starts backing up. "By the lights of the stars above, such abominations... plague someone else!" He looks around to try and see if there were any real paths out and grimaces. This one had come ahead, the rest must have been behind...

The shaggy haired man takes a hand off his hammer and snatches his wand from his belt tapping on one of the pieces of quartz set in it. From it sprang a sphere of metal, covered in a strange laticework of metal and sporting two U's of metal on it's sides. "Momas! Blast that beast with lightning!"

Thundershock
AC 2: [roll0]

HP: 24/24

Eshkigal
2013-04-02, 07:58 PM
The lightning courses along it, and it hisses in rage before leaping directly at Matimeo-just as a large, spectral bone slams into its side, maiming an arm and both legs as it's sent flying into a tree. A brown figure melts into reality from the shadows, and you note that you can see a tree through it. It goes over to the downed figure, grabbing the bone and breaking its neck once the beast tries to attack. It then looks at you.
Marowak!
It grabs a leg of the fiend and drags it off, and you notice a smaller one with a waving lantern beckoning you over.
(Marowak (ghost), cubone, lampent)

Jacior
2013-04-02, 08:38 PM
Matimeo's face is paled by the sudden lunge from the creature. It was far too close for comfort, even if he had been saved by... a ghostly pokemon. The night was turning bad worse to... tolerable. At least the ghost didn't seem interested in eating him. He recalled the magnemite back into its quartz and stepped over to the cubone and lampent, clutching his hammer tightly. "You haven't decided to eat me for yourselves, have you?" He asks, half jokingly.

UncleScrewtape
2013-04-02, 08:41 PM
Janus laughs and pulls the rumpled cigarette from behind his ear where it'd been nestled since the afternoon. He holds it out for the litwick before attempting to match the Chastly's stream of smoke. Whit a chuckle, he turns to the ghost, "I see now that you aint!" He smiles as he watches the cavorting ghosts. "Oy! You ghosties wouldn't with that Necromancer bloke, would yah? "

Eshkigal
2013-04-02, 09:45 PM
Selena
As you sleep, a strange fog seems to overtake your dream. A man in a strange, blank mask and long black robes rises out of it, and looks around.
"Little human, little human, such a unique little thing. Come, won't you look at my wares, little human?"

Janus
One gives you a thumbs up as the haunter's hand brings the litwick over. A puff of smoke gives a tiny cry as it is puffed out, and the gastly laughs a bit. Meanwhile, the dusknoir seems to spot something and goes invisible for a minute. Then something that...well, maybe used to be human, at any rate, is forcibly launched into the air and breaks against your wall with a sickening thud, before getting hauled off by laughing haunter.
(perception to make out details)

Matimeo
The little cubone shakes its head before taking your hand gently, the lampent hanging off the bone it clutches in its other hand. The marowak breaks off, but ghosts seem to surround the light that the little mon carries, laughing and cavorting, and occasionally swarming another one of those creatures as you begin to see some lights. Is...is that a town in the distance? Safety at last?

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-02, 10:07 PM
"Um, what's going on? Is this a part of the dream?" She asks, though she knew she never had vivid dreams, they were always... not like this... she shrugs, "depends on what you have to offer," Selena replies, believing this to be her first ever vivid dream. She walks over with her hands behind her back.

Eshkigal
2013-04-02, 10:16 PM
"All depends what you have to sell, little human. All depends what you have to sell. Like that potential tallness, or that growth you should have hit. It's not like your body used either to its best extent, is it?"
The mists solidify into walls, shelves full of row after row of all sorts of fantastical items upon them.
"It works like this, little human. You find something that catches your eye, you and I can work out a fair price. Or you can leave it..."

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-02, 10:45 PM
"Going to ignore that remark about my height," she says, she didn't really outwardly show that it annoyed her, but it did, if only a little bit. She looks around, and looks through a few jars of liquid and bags of hanging items, and stops on a pair of silk gloves, perfectly sized to her hands, "what about these?" she asks, pointing to the gloves as she looks towards the masked man.

Eshkigal
2013-04-02, 10:47 PM
"Gloves of the Learned? They boost the effectiveness of certain alchemical concoctions, ones designed to boost a pokemon's effectiveness. But what would you be willing to part with for them? Coin won't see you through this, after all."

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-02, 10:51 PM
Selena blinks, "no coin? Weirdest market I've ever heard of," she says, "what would you take for them?"

Eshkigal
2013-04-02, 10:55 PM
"The puberty thing wasn't a joke, little human. We also accept all emotions, sensations, and major life events."

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-02, 10:59 PM
"...that's really odd," she says, "um, how about my ability to have kids?" it wasn't like she was going to have any anyway, the guy was right that she hadn't hit puberty yet, and without that she couldn't have kids, so why try at this point?

Jacior
2013-04-02, 11:14 PM
Matimeo shivers as he sees the ghosts spiriting around the edges of the light. The night had not been so nice to him. He wondered if they were the ghosts of humans or pokemon. Or if the were just spectral pokemon themselves. His heart jumps at the sight of the lights. Maybe this terrifying night was over. He subconciously squeezed the hand of the cubone and keeps his eyes on the lights in the distance. In his other hand he used the long handle of his polearm as a walking stick.

Eshkigal
2013-04-02, 11:16 PM
Selena
"For just that? I'd feel too bad if those measly things were all you took. Find a little more."
A necklace with a golden cats paw looks interesting to you...

Matimeo
The cubone leads you into town, and a dusknoir rises out of the shadow behind him. He picks you up and puts you into a window with a notable bloodstain next to it, and a guy smoking a cigarette with a bunch of ghosts.
(Add all the ones I gave Janus recently)

Janus
As you are shocked at the sheer violence of the act, the dusknoir who was smoking before puts a guy in your room. Seems decently armed at least. Looking down, a small brown mon with a bone and a lantern wave, before walking off.
(Cubone, Lampent)

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-02, 11:22 PM
"Hm, what about this?" she looked over at the marketeer curiously.

(You'll remember that Selena mentioned the cubone carrying the lampent, Uncle)

Jacior
2013-04-02, 11:54 PM
Matimeo blanches again at being picked up by a dusknoir. This was a horrible night. Just everything about this night was a disaster. Monsters and ghosts and being lifted by pokemon. And now there was a smoking man. What in the world was going on with the world tonight. He points the head of his hammer at the man. "Are you human?"

UncleScrewtape
2013-04-03, 10:36 AM
Janus cranes his neck out as the man-shaped thing is slamed into the wall, cringing at the crunch. Lady! Completely taken aback by the sudden arrival, Janus is at a loss for words. He waves self-consciously at the cubone, remembering what Selena had said about the Necromancer's "Little Helper." At the question posed he turns to the man and lets out a puff of smoke. Well mate, I certainly was the last time I checked... But who might you be, hitching a ride with the ghosties and interruptin' me sleep?" As the ghosts disappear, Janus gives a special wave to the first ghastly he had seen, G'bye there chuckles... yah owe me a smoke now yah know!

Jacior
2013-04-03, 12:01 PM
Matimeo lifted the head of his hammer and set the butt end on the floor. "I most certainly didn't hitch a ride. That was entirely the ghost's doing." He says with slight indignation and more than a little shaky-ness to his voice. "Don't you know it's rude to ask for someone's name without offering your own? Either way, my name is Matimeo. And you are?"

UncleScrewtape
2013-04-03, 03:11 PM
Janus, attempting to take this man's sudden appearance in stride, leans back against the window sill, careful to stay out of the hammer's reach. "Rude? Maybe... but I ain't alll that keen on people poppin' up right after some poor sod got splatted not two mites before. Still, my names Janny and the ghosties seemed ta like ye and they ain't a bad sort."

Jacior
2013-04-03, 03:59 PM
"Some poor sod? What did it look like?" The man brushes his bangs out from in front of his eyes a bit, he really did need a haircut but there were few places to get that done when you'd been on the road for so long. He looks out the window. "This place is crawling with those Things, I am not going anywhere near the windows or doors. You'd be smart to do the same." He looks around anxiously. "At least the ghosts don't seem to like them either."

UncleScrewtape
2013-04-03, 06:46 PM
Not a man then... yah look shaken up and yer welcome to sleep here if yah like. Im just passing through these parts for a few days meself so yah very well might be right. Strange bodykins walk the woods they say. Janus whistles and Buzz the joltik scurries over and begins spinning out a slender rope that Janus affixes to the window sill. "I'll just be a moment pal." He pushes off, examining the bloodstain and any body left behind by the ghosts before shimmying back up the wall.
Delayed Wis check: [roll0]

Eshkigal
2013-04-03, 06:55 PM
Janus and Matimeo
The gastly sticks around as the others get to work, pondering something. At Matimeo's question, it's eyes wink out, as if in response to your question. Meanwhile, a scared looking mon peeks up over the window sill, as if asking for permission to come in.
Unfortunately, Janus, you were too startled by the body crashing into the wall to take note of the body, and they dragged off the body. A different gastly seems to be licking up the blood, and it's too dark to see that well.

Selena
"The Cat's Paw. Interesting little device, little human. You put it on, and it permanently gives you retractable claws that you can use in self defense."
(Gives slash 1/day+1 every 5 levels)

UncleScrewtape
2013-04-03, 07:05 PM
Janus shakes his head, the ghosts had done their work well. As climbs up Buzz's rope, he sees the scared little creature smiles on it, C'mon up yah little speck. It looks like Janny's having company tonight. He beckons the original ghastly over as well. Yah might as well come to, the more the merrier after a bit of a fright. He turns back to the shaggy man. So what's yer story then? It's not everyday that this sort o'event occurs.

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-03, 07:06 PM
"I'll go with that then," she says, taking it over the marketeer along with the gloves, "so, how exactly does paying for this go?" she tilts her head in curiousity

Jacior
2013-04-03, 07:18 PM
Matimeo looks at Janny incredulously. "It's more than just say, they do in fact stalk the woods." He lays his hammer against the wall and walks over to the window as the man performs strange acrobatics. "I've already seen them this very night. Not more than an hour ago." He crosses his arms as he looks out the window into the darkness, the metal sleeve covering his right arm making small noises as it moves. "They're horrifying."

"I've been traveling. Looking for more exotic materials to practice my craft on. Magitek seems to be influenced by the material more than one might think." He gestures to the sleeve on his arm. "A combination of iron and several other metals. The only alloy that would take the enchantment."

Eshkigal
2013-04-03, 07:20 PM
Janus and Matimeo
The small mon nods, before flashing over to where Matimeo is, hiding behind him. It peeks up from beneath his magitech arm, its presence sending a pleasant resonance through it. (Rotom) Meanwhile, the gastly gets down to the end of his cigarette, and with a contented sigh eats it before floating over.

Selena
"Like this."
And then he jams a hand into your gut and tears down. It tingles, but doesn't hurt or really feel like anything. You look down as the hand tears out, your flesh and dress unmarred, but several tiny gleaming objects in the vendor's hand.
"Now, about your puberty, I have a contract in my possession that I think would fit you..."
It lifts up the mask to reveal a gaping void, and pulls out a contract made of deerling skin. Tossing the contract into the air, the skin fills with strange fluff-like something that has been the subject of taxidermy-until a stuffed summer deerling is looking at you.
"It's already your favorite type too, little human."

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-03, 07:30 PM
Selena blinks several times, then pets the deerling, "it's cute," she says, "ghost and normal, I've never heard of that combination before, so... my puberty for this?" she asks, "if I throw my hatred, would anything be added to it?"

Eshkigal
2013-04-03, 07:51 PM
The vendor looks both ways before leaning in.
"Look, between you and me? Keep your hatred. You just likely got me something I could use to buy my humanity back, so...puberty'll be enough to get you the deerling. Even has all the grass moves shifted to ghost."

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-03, 08:01 PM
Selena bows to the man, "thank you. I hope to meet you again," she says, with an innocent smile.

Eshkigal
2013-04-03, 08:04 PM
"Likewise. And as the same type of creature."
And then he shoots his hand through your body again, dragging this strange, shimmering orb out. The shop begins to fade.
"Enjoy your new purchases! They'll be laid out for you when you wake up."
And as he fades, you wake up to greet the dawn.

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-03, 09:13 PM
Selena stretches as she wakes up, that was an interesting- the gloves and necklace were at the base of the bed, "not a dream," she says curiously, honestly, not all that surprised, it was too much to be a normal dream, and with the ghosts, she had to figure that at least something was up. She looks around and spots the deerling nearby, standing perfectly still by the door, "come on over here, meet the rest of the family," she says as her pokemon wake up to her talking, "guys, meet Anima," she says, naming the deerling on the spot as she dons the necklace and gloves, and wincing as the new claws formed within her fingertips, not quite painful, but definitely uncomfortable, "she'll be joining us from now on, so be nice to her."

Eshkigal
2013-04-03, 09:16 PM
You notice an obsidian sphere as well, which looks similar to the quartz balls you have. Must be the deerling's ball. The deerling trots over in a rather disjointed manner, almost like a puppet.

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-03, 09:36 PM
Selena pets the newest member of her team, then gets to testing out her claws, mainly just getting used to extending and retracting them. She'd have to try that market again some time, it had some interesting stuff. She sees Masq and Banshee staring at her claws, she smiles, "something I picked up in a dream, don't worry about it."

She gets up and stretches, pets each of her pokemon in turn, then heads to Janus's room to see how he is, knocking gently.

UncleScrewtape
2013-04-03, 09:43 PM
Janus nods at Matimeo's explanation before turning to the gastly. What about you Chuckles? Are you just passing through or would yah like to join me and the lads for longer spell. He pulls out a quartz ball from his nearby bag, hefting it in his hand. Yer welcome to come along with me if yah like...

Eshkigal
2013-04-03, 09:48 PM
The gastly eyes the ball, then looks up in thought. After weighing some things, it licks the ball and your hand, disappearing into it.
Level 17, male.

Jacior
2013-04-03, 10:59 PM
Matimeo smiles at the little pokemon using him like a shield. "I take it you've been out in the woods tonight as well, little one." He talks tenderly to the little creature, marveling at it slightly. "It'll be ok. The ghosts seem to be taking care of those... abominations. We should be safe if we stay here." It seemed that he was recovering from his earlier scare; if his breathing rate was any indication.

He sees Janny invite the ghastly to join his group and is inspired to do the same. "Would you like to come with me? I'm sure you'd be a welcome addition to the team. And I can make sure that you're safe." Matimeo had a soft spot for pokemon.

Eshkigal
2013-04-04, 01:04 PM
Your wand shows you that you're actually talking to one of those ghosts. It still hugs your arm-wait, where's it going?
Your arm turns red and yellow as small sparks arc between the fingers. It's eyes blink at you from the knuckles. It moves your wrist up and down to nod.
(Assumed form-armored gauntlet. Elec/steel, allows trainer to use its attacks on their turn.)

Jacior
2013-04-05, 04:03 PM
Mamtimeo looked at his sleeve strangely. "Fascinating. A pokemon capable of possessing objects." He rotated his wrist and arm, looking at the alterations made by the pokemon. "Certainly an interesting new pokemon. Have you ever seen anything quite like it?" He asks Janny, but obviously he isn't really focusing. "You need a name... Boccob perhaps?"

UncleScrewtape
2013-04-05, 08:41 PM
"Hmmm? Oh nah, can't say I have" says Janny with a yawn. "Listen, I'm gunna grab a few winks. The bed is yours if yah want." Janus leans back against the sill and, with his team clustered around him, drifts off into slumber.

Eshkigal
2013-04-05, 09:38 PM
Matimeo and Janus
Janus drifts off to sleep, and wakes up the next morning none the worse for wear. Meanwhile, Matimeo's possessed arm stops and thinks for a moment, before nodding the wrist again. Seems to work. Boccob then separates from the arm, hovering at your side.

Jacior
2013-04-05, 10:50 PM
Matimeo grins at the pokemon, it was marvelous. "Then it's decided!" He holds out one of the quartz spheres that held pokemon. "To seal the deal." He waits until the pokemon either accepts or denies before sliding his magitek arm off and working on the runes. Then he goes to bed.

Eshkigal
2013-04-05, 10:54 PM
And Boccob touches the quartz.
Level 14, male, rest is up to you.
You also wake up without anything nasty happening. Someone's knocking on the door.

Jacior
2013-04-06, 02:28 PM
Matimeo slowly stretches as he climbs out of the bed that the man had let him sleep in for the night. He felt bad about it, but maybe there was a way he could make it up to him. He pulled the heavy, metal sleeve onto his arm and grabbed his hammer at the sound of the door being knocked on. He stepps over to the door and opens it slowly. "Hello?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-06, 02:43 PM
"Oh, sorry, I must have the wrong room," Selena says when the unknown man opens the door, "I was just looking for a friend. Could have sworn this was his room though."

Selena's tiny, looking about 12, and is an albino, if that helps you visualize.

Jacior
2013-04-06, 02:57 PM
Matimeo brushes his hair out of his eyes. "Oh, you're a friend of Janny's?" He says looking down at the little girl. His eyes look her up and down and then focus on her bow. "You're welcome to come in. It's not my room."

Matimeo is big. He's tall and thick. Witha shaggy mop of brown hair.

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-06, 03:21 PM
Selena nods and comes in, and sees Janny asleep, "could have let me know he was alseep."

Jacior
2013-04-06, 03:47 PM
"I wasn't aware that you needed to be informed." Matimeo said blinking. "I would have guessed that you'd know his sleeping habits, being his friend." He bows. "My apologies for assumptions. If you need me, I'll be downstairs." With that he leaves the room and heads out into the hallway with his hammer.

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-06, 11:10 PM
"He's a more recent friend," Selena replies before tapping Janus's shoulder to try waking him up.

UncleScrewtape
2013-04-07, 10:00 AM
Janus rolls over, mumbling. "whstsfgl? Ah, it's you, geez but yer up early. Did ye meet Mr. Frowny Face? The ghosties from before dropped him right in me lap last night. One of em chose ta stick around too." Janus points up at Chuckles who promptly sticks out his tongue with a resonant "Pbbbbt!" "Anyway," Janus continues, he might be lookin' fer traveling companions like ourselves and seems a decent sort. Shall we head on down and see?" Janus levers himself up, returning his team, and heads towards the door after waiting for Selena.

Eshkigal
2013-04-08, 08:57 PM
(Since Edro's possibly distracted, just continuing from there)
You all head down, and the innkeeper has raised an eyebrow before heading over, looking at Matimeo specifically.
"Don't believe we've met, boy. Who're you, and how'd you get in?"

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-08, 09:03 PM
(Sorry, Sorry, spaced on this one with a more hectic than usual weekend)

Jacior
2013-04-08, 10:25 PM
"Matimeo Gagantum. Magitech engineer and general smith." He says to the innkeeper. "As for how I ended up here. You can thank both the ghosts and the abominations that stalk the woods for that."

Eshkigal
2013-04-09, 08:09 PM
The innkeeper balks at that. Doesn't seem either's exactly popular.
"You...ah...Just...get away for now."
The innkeeper hurries off.

Jacior
2013-04-09, 09:05 PM
Matimeo shrugs. Apparently that was a taboo topic here. But in the light of day, it wasn't as scary to him. He straightened up and banged the butt of his hammer against the floor. "Now... where to find some breakfast in this town?" He seems to be talking to himself at first, but after a moment he turns around to look at the pair. "I owe Janny for the use of his room, so I guess I'm buying breakfast."

EdroGrimshell
2013-04-09, 11:13 PM
"You too, huh?" Selena asks him, "just don't talk about it while we're in town and I think we'll be fine," she says, "I think I'll leave you two too whatever you're going to do, I'm going to see about getting a caravan out of here."