PDA

View Full Version : Words of Creation.. HELP?

sambouchah
2013-02-27, 11:01 AM
Words of creation is a great little boost for a bard inspiring courage but I play a Natural Horn(+2 damage and attack rolls). I had it where with words of creation everyone in the party had +20(21 if I cast inspirational boost)d6 per attack. Then I realized I must sing(speak etc) to gain words of creations benefits.

Is there an instrument similar to the horn that doesn't require me to use my mouth to play it, a way around it such as blowing the horn and speaking(dunno if it'd work) or is it just spoken through the purity of the notes?

Thanks, Sam

Darrin
2013-02-27, 11:41 AM
Is there an instrument similar to the horn that doesn't require me to use my mouth to play it, a way around it such as blowing the horn and speaking(dunno if it'd work) or is it just spoken through the purity of the notes?

Mandolin. From Complete Adventurer:

"When a bard uses a mandolin to inspire courage, the morale bonus on attack rolls increases by 1, but the morale bonus on weapon damage rolls and on saves against charm and fear is reduced by 1."

Dragonfire Inspiration converts the attack bonus into Xd6 damage. The morale bonus to damage is ignored.

Suddo
2013-02-27, 11:49 AM
Just inspire the party while singing and playing a butt horn.

sambouchah
2013-02-27, 11:52 AM
Just inspire the party while singing and playing a butt horn.

Butt horn meaning fart? I doubt my DM would approve:smallbiggrin: