PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Sorcerer bloodlines: verdant vs void-touched?

Von Zinzer
2013-02-27, 12:11 PM
First-time sorcerer here, forced by plot to change bloodlines at level three. The intended function of my character is battlefield control with a dash of out-of-combat utility; and now I must choose a new bloodline. Thematically, Void-touched and Verdant are most appropriate... I just can't decide. I've read Minstrel's guide on sorcs and Treantmonk's on wizards, and am still hemming and hawing. Opinions from the playground would be appreciated. Thanks!

(I'd have provided links but too much is blocked by my at-the-office firewall. Sorry.:smallannoyed::smallfrown:)

Garagos
2013-02-27, 12:13 PM
What bloodline do you currently have so we know what is eliminated as an option? Are you dead set on one of the two listed in the title?

Slipperychicken
2013-02-27, 12:33 PM
If it's a choice between only those two, I'd go Void-Touched. Better spells, breathing problems are harder to solve than eating/drinking ones, and the bloodline arcana is more useful IMO (especially if you're a blaster).

Also, can you give us your stats (including spells known, tactics, preferred playstyle)? That would be useful.

Spuddles
2013-02-27, 12:49 PM
Void has damn good bonus spells.

Von Zinzer
2013-02-27, 02:21 PM
My former bloodline is Shadow (Umbral variant). I'm not dead-set on the two I mentioned, but as I said they fit with the setting. I'd probably have little difficulty persuading my DM to accept whatever I choose.
*edit due to delayed response*
I don't have my stats handy (posting from work, you see) but I rolled a beast of a stat block at character creation.

The rest of my party is:
Gunslinger (Pistolero) - damage
Cleric (travel domain) - healing & stuff?
Paladin - sword & board tank
Rogue - your basic stabby rogue
Witch - doesn't do muchSo my primary tactical role is expected to be "lock 'em down" so my teammates can pound.

Spells:
0 - Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation
1 - Colour Spray, Memory Lapse, Silent Image (plus the bonus from whatever bloodline)