PDA

View Full Version : Crystal City M&M 2nd Edition IC

Ghost49X
2013-02-27, 04:38 PM
Crystal City 2015
A sprawling metropolis home of 3 million people, Crystal city is heralded as the city of tomorrow with one of the highest technological index in the country. When the economy plunged under and the golden age ended Crystal city kept it's head above the water and in time actually prospered. Though for all its light, not everything is well, in recent years crime has increased and rumors have spread of shadows and corruption tainting society.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-02-27, 05:34 PM
Crystal City 2015
A sprawling metropolis home of 3 million people, Crystal city is heralded as the city of tomorrow with one of the highest technological index in the country. When the economy plunged under and the golden age ended Crystal city kept it's head above the water and in time actually prospered. Though for all its light, not everything is well, in recent years crime has increased and rumors have spread of shadows and corruption tainting society.

As the sun sets, Nero awakens. The fiery orange fingers of the setting sun reach past the heavy blinds of his apartment, beckoning him forth into the night. As he dresses, changing from his pajamas to dark business casual, he opens an ornate silver box, within which is a large purple garnet set on a platinum chain, the Amulet of Shadows.

Tiny tendrils of shadow reach forward from the amulet to Nero's arm as he reaches for it, picking it up and clasping it around his neck, tucking it beneath the collar of his shirt.

He leaves the apartment, locking up as he goes, and feels the shaded twilight of the blue hour after the setting of the sun wash over him as he steps out onto the street.

Tonight more wickedness would be hunted.

HopeHubris
2013-02-27, 07:49 PM
Sitting in his lounge, alone as always Aroll thinks the same thoughts he does every night, It's been weeks, and I still have no leads on the murderer, what am I doing wrong, I never had this much trouble when I was active, what's changed? I'm still as strong, fast and smart as I was in my prime, why the hell can't I solve the one crime that actually matters!

Aroll then grabs his needle, forcing its strange, somewhat metallic payload into his veins, triggering his transformation.
Aroll Gent screams as semi-liquid metal oozes from his pores and adheres to his skin, before long there is no trace of Aroll Gent, there is only the silver-sheen of Argent and with that, he leaves to hunt those responsible once again, and gods help any criminals he meets this night.

KaiserSozay
2013-02-28, 03:13 AM
As night falls Pierce puts down his tools absently dropping his latest project back to the table.
Walking to the garage he activates the Titan suit and gets in it.
" Time to test out my new modifications," he laughs to himself as he leaves, out to hunt criminals.

Ghost49X
2013-03-01, 09:39 AM
Nero
Early in the night Nero stalks the slums, looking for prey to punish. Though most criminals in this area are of the petty sort occasionally he would find worthy prey. As he slipped into a dark alley he saw a shady man dressed in fashionable clothes. A glimmer of his surface thoughts The goods arrive tonight... peak Nero's interest.
Seeing Nero startles the man
"Who da $*@& are you? You want to mess with me?" whipping out a knife he waves it at Nero "Get the $*@& out of here or I'll $*@& you up".

Argent
It's been so long since he was last out on patrol and he wasn't quite sure of where to start. So he walked around the slums aimlessly until something caught his eye. He saw a man who showed every sign of being a crack addict enter a building, a few moments later a different man showing the same signs of addiction left the same building. Argent smiled as he may have found a crack house. Though these criminals were probably bottom rung they might have some information should he be able to "convince them".

Titan
Not knowing where to go tonight, he pulled out some notes he took earlier this week stating the neighbourhoods and districts where crime had seen a recent rise. Three such districts stood out, the Docks, the Slums and the Red-light district. He'd check them all out eventually but the question was which one tonight?

HopeHubris
2013-03-01, 10:18 AM
Argent looks around for any vents or other such methods of entering without being noticed, then shifts into a liquid metal form and enters, looking through any vents and eavesdropping on any conversations, trying to find anyone that seems likely to know anything, or, failing that, some sort of dealer.

Roll to Notice any vents [roll0]
Stealth if necessary [roll1]

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-01, 11:38 AM
Nero
Early in the night Nero stalks the slums, looking for prey to punish. Though most criminals in this area are of the petty sort occasionally he would find worthy prey. As he slipped into a dark alley he saw a shady man dressed in fashionable clothes. A glimmer of his surface thoughts The goods arrive tonight... peak Nero's interest.
Seeing Nero startles the man
"Who da $*@& are you? You want to mess with me?" whipping out a knife he waves it at Nero "Get the $*@& out of here or I'll $*@& you up".

Nero mimics the man and whips out his own knife, conjured from shadow-stuff, and throws it while muttering a dark incantation, aiming to pin his shadow to the nearby wall, stopping him from moving.

"The name's Nero, and yes, I do."

Attack Roll [roll0]

KaiserSozay
2013-03-02, 02:56 AM
Pierce decided that the Docks would be a good choice for his expedition. Smuggling was always a problem and many other criminal activities could be covered up in such a place. It would also give him an opportunity to use Titan without drawing to much attention immediately.
"Time to go see what we can learn from some bottom feeders."

Ghost49X
2013-03-03, 10:56 AM
Argent
The building itself was one of those rundown slum appartment blocks, looking around Argent found a Fire Escape that he could almost reach. If he could get to the roof he might find a vent.

Nero
With a look of incomprehension the man struggles briefly against the mystic bonds "What did you do to me freak? No one $*@&# with Slaney and gets away with it you got that?" with his free hand Slaney whips out a 9mm pistol and shoots Nero several times

[roll0]
(If it hits damage 3 lethal)

Titan
The Docks look pretty deserted once the night sets, though Pierce thinks this may just be a veil as the more illegal activities happen hidden away from the eyes of a prying society. Driving around looking for suspicious activity isn't as exciting as Pierce thought, the docks are deserted and he starts wondering if he should try elsewhere when movement on the roof tops catch his eye. It was only for a moment but he saw some shadows jumping on to the next roof. Driving along slowly he pays close attention when he sees the shadows or rather a small group of men dressed like asian "ninjas" jumping from roof to roof quick and silent as shadows. Pierce had no idea who these people were but they had caught his interest.

HopeHubris
2013-03-03, 09:38 PM
Argent walks over to the fire escape, pulling the metal ladder down without a touch, he then climbs up, towards the roof, then shifts into a liquid metal form and enters the ventilation system, looking for any signs of a drug dealer, or mention of any crimes

Notice: [roll0]

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-04, 03:50 PM
The bullet is consumed by the darkness as Nero steps into the shot. He lunges forward and punches the man across the jaw.

[roll0] damage nonlethal 4 if successful

KaiserSozay
2013-03-04, 05:47 PM
Pierce decided that following them for as long on possible from the street and only chasing after them less subtly once he was in risk of losing them. "Who hires ****ing Ninjas in the middle of a major city."

Ghost49X
2013-03-05, 06:44 PM
Nero
Slaney pushes nero's fist slightly off it's mark with the hand holding the revolver and ducks under the powerful blow, stabbing Nero in the ribs with the knife.

1d20+4 if it hits 4 lethal

Argent
as soon as Argent enters the duct his nose is assaulted by the scent of smoke from common street drugs. It only takes a minute before he finds the right floor, peeking out from the vent above the kitchen stove he sees several people in the adjacent living room. One man with a heavy gold neck chain draws Argent's attention in particular as the others seem to be listening to him.

HopeHubris
2013-03-06, 07:23 AM
Argent oozes through the vent, solidifying on the ground and walking slowly towards the man bedecked with chains, his right arm extending to a point as he does so, "Criminal scum, if you wish to leave with your own two legs, you should do so now. But not you, mister chain, you get to answer some questions"

Ghost49X
2013-03-06, 09:40 AM
@Argent
The man with the chain stands up and everyone else follows. Two girls grab their handbags and their coats and make a move for the door. Argent counts 5 guys plus Mr Chain, they're all in good shape and look ready for a fight.

"Ah Mr Argent, it's been a long time since you've been out in public. I thought you had retired? You know back when I was a kid, I was quite a fan of yours. Though now I'm asking myself why are you here? If you're here to buy, we do business. If you want trouble, I don't sell nor buy trouble so you'll have to go somewhere else. If you're going to pee in my cornflakes regardless of what we say, we'll show you what our generation can do."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-06, 05:29 PM
The knife is turned aside by Nero's protective shadow-laced hide and Nero swings at him again

[roll0]

Ghost49X
2013-03-06, 06:23 PM
@Nero
Nero's punch connects with Slaney's jaw knocking him down, Both the knife and the revolver sliding into the darkness.

HopeHubris
2013-03-06, 08:24 PM
"Now, I came out of retirement for one main reason and if you can help me with that, I may not have to show you just how little your generation can really do, now, be my guest, I really want to hit something right now, or you can tell me everything you know about a new drug, the doctors I talked to didn't even know what it was, and I figured hey, who better to beat the information out of than a drug dealer"

Ghost49X
2013-03-06, 08:47 PM
@Argent
Mr. Chain looks Argent in the eyes "Show some respect, old man." he nods towards a couch "Sit." The other guys in the room watching the exchange remain tense at the confrontation, not knowing what to expect.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-06, 11:08 PM
"You about ready to quit man?"

HopeHubris
2013-03-07, 06:17 AM
"Oh, I think I would rather stand and what exactly have you done with your life that deserves even the slightest bit of respect? You are a criminal, now, do you have the information I need, or do I have to beat you a little first?"

Ghost49X
2013-03-12, 09:47 PM
@Nero
Slaney takes Nero's pause in the fight to shake off the dizziness, he spits to the side. The world around him still moving, courtesy of a probable concussion "heh, nice punch you got there, so how about we call it quits, you $*@& with me and my bro's will come looking for you and you don't want that." With that Slaney watches Nero carefully for his next move and Nero catches more of Slaney's surface thoughts Besides I've got a date tonight, it'll be awhile before I get the chance to pick something like that up again. Heh, if I meet this guy again it'll be a completely different fight with one of those.

@Argent
"Words like that get people killed Mr. Argent. You know, I'm open to a civil discussion but so far that doesn't seem to be your objective. I personally abhor violence, I think violence is the cause for most of the bad things that happened in history. But don't you think I haven't seen my share of it, or that we can't handle ourselves in a fight."

Argent can feel the tension in men around him, he also notices none of them are nervous. Whether this means they are confident in their own abilities or in their boss, he's not sure. But he can tell these men have fought a supe before.

@Titan
The ninjas jump from roof to roof, Pierce following them as far back as he can. Turning a corner he looses sight of them...

KaiserSozay
2013-03-12, 11:09 PM
Pierce swaps his car to suit form and then takes to the roof after the ninjas.
assuming the roofs looks stable enough to support his weight. Otherwise he will attempt to continue following on foot although this time in suit form.

HopeHubris
2013-03-13, 08:17 AM
Clenching his fists, "I will attempt to refrain from breaking your little minions, just tell me if you know anything... And yes, this is the most civil I am capable of being right now"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-13, 08:23 AM
"Look, Slaney. You know I can beat you. Just give up. I leave you alone, you tell me where the goods will be, and you get that sweet date of your's tonight."

Diplomacy: [roll0] subtract 6 if you feel it's better as a Bluff or Intimidate.

Edit: FACEDESK.

Ghost49X
2013-03-13, 12:38 PM
@Pierce
Pierce initiates the transformation from car into its Titan form. He's about half way done when a flash and puff of smoke hits him.
This is a PL 4 dazzle effect so roll reflex DC 14

@Argent
Sigh "Very well then, Mr. Argent if you will please sit we'll see if we can answer some of your questions" Mr. Chain waves his hand towards the empty sofa in front of him.
((ooc: assuming Argent sits))
"There are many drugs out there and newer ones every week, if you could tell me more about what you're looking for, maybe even give the context. We might be able to find..." a knock at the door interrupts Mr. Chain and he waves one of the guys to answer. A man wearing a tank top (http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v1/376914338/white_tank_top_for_men.jpg) and a toque (http://www.authenticwickedwear.com/image/data/Product/headgear/toque/toque_hat.jpg), a tattoo on his back, part of which can be seen reads 'DEREK', gets up and opens the door. Argent sees a kid, a little older than his niece maybe 17 at best standing in the hall. "I'm here to buy" Derek looks at him "how old are you?"
"16, why?"
"Get lost"
"Huh? Hey I'm willing to pay cash, even a little extra so give me a break ok?"
Derek stands back where Mr. Chain can see the kid
"Yo this *&$@ can really mess you up, come back in a couple years when you know what you're doing" With a jerk of his head towards Derek, he goes back to looking at Argent.
Derek pushes the kid back into the hall "Don't make me break your legs" and slams the door.
Mr. Chain nods his head towards the door "I ain't like most of those *&$@ heads out there. If you ain't old enough to make life decisions and your still at your mama's teat, you ain't ready for this."

@Nero
"I'm no snitch, what the others would do is a whole lot worse than anything you ever could." Though being tight lipped Slaney's surface thoughts are pretty loose.
Like $*@& I'm telling this guy about Pier 13, nor that the guns start selling at midnight. $*@& I need to get out of this or I'll be late and I'll miss out on the new *&$@

KaiserSozay
2013-03-13, 05:35 PM
"Mother****er," Pierce swears as the flash goes off.
[roll0]

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-13, 06:09 PM
"Fine."

Nero swings at him again.

Attack: [roll0]

HopeHubris
2013-03-13, 06:45 PM
"Oh, how I have misjudged you, why can't all criminals be such upstanding citizens... " though despite the sarcasm, he does seem a little less 'I feel like breaking you'.
"A kid was found in the park earlier in the week, dead, unknown drugs in her system, couldn't convince the cops to give me some for analysis, so, here I am, and I would just love it if you could tell me who I should be killing for this"

Ghost49X
2013-03-13, 11:01 PM
@Titan
As the glare wears off two shadows jump down infront of him, they look unarmed though they carry swords on their backs. Taking advantage of Titan's transformation they charge forward and attack
[roll0]
[roll1] each 2 damage + special if they hit
As his transformation is still not complete Pierce has trouble avoiding the blows. As if that wasn't enough two more stab him from behind

[roll2]
[roll3] Each 8 total damage if they hit
Titan is still transforming so they get another round to hit him (This is why I gave you the hero point) though you could always post some RP.

@Nero
Nero knocks Slaney out cold. A quick look around tells him that no one seems to have noticed the bout, but those gunshots probably attracted more attention than he would want to deal with.

@Argent
"Well since you can't tell me what she was on, I don't know if I can help you. Though if I were you I'd find out who she was hanging with. They could tell you what sort of drugs she was on, maybe even who sold them to her. Go from there and follow the trail."

KaiserSozay
2013-03-13, 11:57 PM
"Wow, seriously. I'm told to provide support for you guys and you all stab me. I guess the bossman wanted you guys dead for some reason." Pierce lies through his teeth while waiting for the transformation to finish.
Bluff [roll0]

HopeHubris
2013-03-14, 07:55 AM
"So, you, of all people, haven't heard of a new drug going around in the last few weeks, new enough that not even the police seem to know what it is?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-14, 08:44 AM
Nero quickly goes through Slaney's wallet and pockets to find anything he can use later, business cards and notes mostly.

Search: [roll0]

Ghost49X
2013-03-14, 11:35 AM
@Titan
The two ninjas without swords jump back and draw their swords, Pierce
notices explosive tags left behind when they last attacked him. The two
with the swords attack again [roll0]
[roll1]for swords(6 Damage if they hit), and 7 damage for the explosive tags Admist the action Pierce almost misses a slight movement in the shadows around him. Animated chains rise up and dash towards him. Snare PL 8 so DC 18 ref save

@Argent
"There's a new drug out there every other day. If you won't tell me more how I am suppose to know which one you're you're looking for?"

@Nero
Finds a roll of cash, a bag of unknown powder and a cell phone. His wallet also contains a driver's license and other similar typical cards belonging to a Slatyr Romanov, but no credit cards or business cards.

HopeHubris
2013-03-18, 08:34 AM
"The police don't know what this thing is, and they damn sure aren't letting a civilian have a look at it, I was never public as a hero so I get no favours." Argent replies, noticeably irritated at his lack of progress, "If I find a sample of the drug... Could you tell me who made it?"

Ghost49X
2013-03-18, 04:25 PM
@Argent
"If you can identify that drug, I could find a local supplier. As for who 'made it' you'll have to ask the supplier"

HopeHubris
2013-03-19, 07:51 AM
"I suppose that will have to suffice..." Argent says, shifting into a stand

edit: In case that last part wasn't clear, he's shifting into his semi-liquid form and altering his shape until he is standing, rather than standing like a normal person :smalltongue:

Sir_Chivalry
2013-03-20, 03:35 PM
Nero keeps to the shadows as he pockets the objects and moves away from the scene, heading towards the waterfront.

HopeHubris
2013-04-06, 09:27 PM
Argent leaves the same way he came in and heads for the police department that dealt with his niece's death

Ghost49X
2013-04-13, 02:23 PM
Argent
After a life time working in parallel to law enforcement Argent knew all the major cases were handled at the Crystal City Police Department headquarters.

Arriving past midnight in front of the twenty story glass building (http://talkingarchitecture.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/glass-building.jpg) that houses the city's top cops. Argent looked around for a way to get in. The front door had little traffic at this time of the night but not only was it in plain sight, there were security cameras and no real blind spot whereas the parking has some traffic as with officers coming back and to their patrols. He also knew from experience that there were also emergency exits but from the outside they looked like your typical window and would be hard to spot.

Titan
After restraining Titan with chains of shadow a fifth Ninja jumps down from the roof. He raises his fist in a quick motion calling off his subordinates and with speaks with a raspy Asian accent "I don't know who you are, but don't mess with us" he then switches to some Asian language and after a few quick commands and a flash bomb the ninja's disappear leaving Titan straining against the chains.

HopeHubris
2013-04-15, 11:47 AM
Argent shifts into a pool and gets as close as he can without being seen, and tries to look for any signs of the emergency exits he remembered

Notice: [roll0]
Or failing that, memory check [roll1]
Not quite sure how memory works, but it's mentioned vaguely as a thing so it's worth a shot

edit: Or not

Ghost49X
2013-04-15, 10:41 PM
Argent
It's been a couple years since Argent was last here and the architect did make a point to hide the emergency exits. Facing a dilemma Argent remembers something his friend Circuit once said 'when presented with several paths the best option usually isn't amongst them'

Nero
As he arrives at the docks, Nero notices the time '23:22' he'd better hurry if he doesn't want to miss out on tonight's opportunities. Hurrying down the deserted street seeing nothing but an occasional car, the silence of the night gave off an eerie feeling. He counts the piers 9... 10... 11... each little more than a block apart.

Arriving within sight of pier 13 Nero sees a few cars parked besides the old warehouse and a couple mooks in suits standing around. The warehouse itself could hold maybe a few hundred people if well crowded, but there weren't that many vehicles that he can see.

HopeHubris
2013-04-16, 10:48 AM
Argent enters the sewer near the station and tries to work his way inside.
On second thoughts, I should have checked if any of my old contacts at the department were still active and willing to aid me

Sir_Chivalry
2013-04-21, 12:01 AM
Nero approaches, keeping to the shadows.

Ghost49X
2013-05-02, 03:07 PM
Nero
As Nero keeps to the shadows and makes his way towards the chain fence surrounding the place he overhears the mooks talking quietly in Russian. A quick count brings to mooks to 6 that he can see spread amongst the cars inside the compound. Nero ducks and holds his breath as a new car arrives. One of the mooks opens the rear door and a man in his late 40s climbs out holding a gem capped cane, though his suit and cane looks expensive, what catches Nero's eye is the golden ring with the large gem on his finger (http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m3RQ4tPgn8hdoNikdl_5LsQ.jpg). As the mooks greet their guest, two other men exit the car and follow his lead quietly into the warehouse.

Argent
After oozing into a nearby manhole Argent picks the closest drain and commences his infiltration. Due to the difficulty of climbing several floors worth of slippery pipes he goes for the shortest route and ends up in a dark unlit shower stall. By his estimate he's close to the first floor, probably in one of the changing rooms near the weight room.

HopeHubris
2013-05-02, 07:33 PM
Argent tries to make his way to wherever any of the drugs/evidence he needs is stored, attempting to go unnoticed, as hard as that is for a six foot metal man to do

Stealth: [roll0]

Ghost49X
2013-05-07, 02:14 PM
Armed
Walking around in the empty dimmed corridors it takes awhile to find any clue of where evidence lock up might be but faint memories eventually points towards a stairway leading down. Arriving at a sub-level of the basement he finds a thick and heavy locked door with a sign Evidence storage authorized personnel only. Besides the sign, an alarm system panel flashing a red light with a display reading Armed.

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-07, 09:53 PM
Nero continues to sneak up to the side door once all the commotion ends, hoping to scout out how guarded it is.

If new Stealth roll and Notice roll are needed
Stealth: [roll0]
Notice: [roll1]

HopeHubris
2013-05-08, 12:52 AM
I don't have time for this
Argent thinks as he examines the door, he then reaches out with his metal control and tries to open it from the inside

If that fails, he rips it off it's hinges, assuming it weighs less than 3 tons

Ghost49X
2013-05-08, 09:59 PM
Nero
Climbing over the fence in the darkness, Nero approaches the side of the warehouse where he spots a side door. Hiding behind crates he observes a thug in a fashionable suit standing outside smoking for a minute before the thug throws the butt near where Nero is hiding and takes out a key pass scans it then opens the door before disappearing inside. Sprinting quickly, Nero catches the door before it shuts and enters quietly. Once inside a quick look around shows piled up crates twenty or so feet high with a narrow corridor in between the crates the wall stretching a hundred feet or so in each direction. On the other side of the crates Nero can hear voices in idle talk which are quickly hushed as a deeper voice speaks up "Attention please, ladies and gentlemen we will start shortly"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-08, 10:55 PM
Nero approaches as close as he can to hear better, and hides among the crates, rubbing his shadow amulet to warm it.

Ghost49X
2013-05-11, 11:19 PM
Argent
In front of him stood a heavy set, solid iron door with no less than 2 dead bolts. For the common thief this would be a nightmare to break in, lucky for Argent it only takes a minute of concentration to unlock one of the dead bolts, after a second minute he feels a wave of triumph.
The heavy door swings inward on its hinges revealing a large cramped dark room with row upon row of shelves stocked with evidence for every crime investigated by this station.

HopeHubris
2013-05-11, 11:27 PM
Argent looks for some sort of computer reference system or record sheet, if he finds one he begins his search for the drug

Ghost49X
2013-05-12, 08:29 AM
The room is quite dark but a summary look reveals a small desk with two computers cramped into a corner and a huge 32" by 18" by 6" book with a page marker.

HopeHubris
2013-05-12, 09:05 AM
After a quick glance at the sheer size of the book, Argent decides the computer is the far superior option, and begins searching for the location of the drugs.

Ghost49X
2013-05-12, 11:27 AM
Argent
Argent shakes the mouse for both computers, and computers come out of hibernation. One system seems to run a standard Microsoft Xp operating system and the other seems to run a unix based system. Each system show a common log in prompt with the same log in as the last person to use that system.
Account: Ande3385
Password:
Switch User

Ghost49X
2013-05-13, 08:45 AM
Nero
The Crates are stacked quite high so Nero finds a way to climb to the top, where he can see a clear view while remaining discrete. Beyond the crates there's an open space with a table on a make-shift stage and a divers 'audience' of fifty some people sitting on chairs facing the stage. Looking more attentively at the audience Nero notices several of the more well known people, all criminals as far as he can tell and even a few super villains or representatives of. To name a few: The Shadow Council, an officer from Ultimatum's unification force, Lady Vice herself and others that Nero doesn't know off the top of his head.

A heavy set man walks onto stage and speaks with a deep voice "Ladies and gentlemen welcome to tonight's auction. We will begin with a crate of 50 LV-62" A mook walks onto the stage showing off an assault rifle and the big man continues "Of Russian make this modern laser rifle can pierce heavy armor with ease, contains a high ammunition capacity per clip. It is also very hardy and can withstand heavy abuse and still function as intended. Bids starting at $50,000"

As they start bidding Nero's attention is drawn by a familiar presence and voice in his head.
"An interesting event, is it not my disciple?"
"I'm more intrigued by the hired muscle. Scumbags will be scumbags and arcane experts will always do quick money making, but the muscle suggests there's someone who wants what's here, someone who's not on the side of the angels."
Well the muscle here seems to belong to those peddling the goods, it would be quite embarrassing to have their products stolen not to mention the foul temper of some in the audience and the proximity of several of their rivals
"I can not remain here long, as there are those amongst that crowd that can sense my presence."
"Quick list of priorities then? Who do I need to stab in the eyes if things go to the worst possible option?"
I care not for technologists, those with the gift are those whom I must caution against, even if their power is insignificant their attention would be troublesome.
"Amongst the items on auction tonight are several artifacts of mystic nature. They would be quite inconvenient in the wrong hands, particularly the amulet Ahgnar'Khal. I care not how, but appropriate these objects and I will tell you more."
"The amulet of Ahghar'Khal... I think I can manage that using some shadow magic."
Well it is not the ONLY artifact that has my interest, but it is certainly the most dangerous.

Down in the audience the old man with the ring turns his head and looks around at the crates. Nero's Patron's presence fades quickly and auction grabs his attention once again.
And here we have an old Babylonian relic of ages past. This mask is said to have a connection with the occult. Bids are starting at $100,000.

HopeHubris
2013-05-13, 12:08 PM
Damn, was hoping they'd have left it logged in, the book will have to do...
Argent gives up on the computer, not having any great knack for them, and opens the book, hoping for some sort of convenient organisation system.

Ghost49X
2013-05-13, 01:06 PM
Argent
Opening the book he finds some sort of register, each page has a bunch of columns the first has a date, the second some sort of serial number, the third a printed name and the last a signature. The page with the page marker is only half filled and the rest are empty.

On a closer look the printed names and the signature match, the name Detective Jonas Remington stands out. The same man who took statements from the family, he signed an entry several days after the date she was discovered. Argent also notices a pair of letters besides most of the serial numbers some of them A.H. and others D.L. Det Remington's serial number doesn't have ether.

Ghost49X
2013-05-14, 08:20 AM
Argent
While Argent is focused on the book something catches his eye. Movement at the door as barely noticeable shadows crawl into the room out of reflex Argent ducks under the desk a split second before 2 cops enter.
The first cop looks around "Wow, figures this isn't a false alarm for once." and then the other enters the room "This area is off limits, come out and we'll handle this without trouble."

HopeHubris
2013-05-14, 08:32 AM
Argent shifts into a liquid pool and tries to slide behind the two cops he can see, striking one either as soon as he is behind them, or they see him.
"I really don't have time for this!" Argent roars as he misses his strike

The serum's been up for a while, not sure how much longer it'll last

Hammer Blow: [roll0] DC 21
Stun: DC 12

Ghost49X
2013-05-14, 03:05 PM
Argent
Both cops jump back when they see the pool of silvery liquid thrust towards them. As the cop dodges Argent's swing he bellows out "$@&%!" and moves exits the room while adopting a some sort of martial arts stance. The second cop backs out into the hallway and draws his weapon "Freeze! and keep your hands where we can see 'em!" A third cop pokes his head in and takes a look "Dispatch, we have a supe in evidence lockup, send backup. And hurry!"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-14, 05:14 PM
Nero conjures a shadow knife and waits until the amulet is open to be snared by throwing it.

Ghost49X
2013-05-14, 06:31 PM
Nero
The bid for the mask keeps raising as three different people out bid each other. Lady Vice, the old man with the ring Nero saw earlier and a man dressed in traditional Asian stealth clothing seem the main interested parties.
"Anyone care to beat this offer? going once, going twice, going three times and sold! To the the Pale Lady on the side for $295,000. Now moving on to our next item, this amulet of unknown origin. An expert eye would quickly note the fine craftsmanship and the high quality materials, a fine centerpiece for any artifact collector, bidding starts at Half a million."

As soon as the amulet in question is brought onto stage Nero feels the soft emanations of power coming from it even being a hundred and fifty feet away. A quick look around the room and Nero notices those with a knack for the occult are all staring seriously at it. Then the bidding erupts...

HopeHubris
2013-05-15, 08:57 AM
"You think that little thing will stop me?" Argent says as he rushes at the officer still in the room, trying to push him out.
He then slams the door shut, locking it with his metal control in a manner that will make it quite difficult to open again.

Hoping that will hold them long enough, he checks the book again and looks for the file mentioned.

They all left the room right?

Ghost49X
2013-05-16, 08:34 PM
Argent
Argent hears the cops on the other side clamoring and banging on the door. An air vent above amplifies their voices so Argent can hear them well "@#$%, it's locked..."
"This is officer Dimitri, we're at evidence lockup the supe locked us out. Bring the keys and hurry."
"This is Dispatch we're sending you what we got, what type of supe was it? Anyone you reconize?"
"Don't know, he's big, made of metal and turns into a puddle."
"We need a &@^#ing huge magnet"

By his estimate he has about 2 minutes before the cops get the keys and barge in with an army.

HopeHubris
2013-05-16, 11:33 PM
Argent redoubles his search, hoping to get a sample of the drug before they manage to break through the door.

Well, this probably isn't going to go my way

Search: [roll0]

Ghost49X
2013-05-17, 06:45 PM
Argent
Searching frantically through the shelves of evidence, Argent quickly finds what he thinks is the shelf and his hopes skyrockets when he finds a folder with a number only 3 off. He's convinced that he's looking in the right place and he searches harder. But time goes by and his heart races as stress makes him even more frantic. Yet he comes to realization that he won't find what he's looking for in time... It must've been misclassified and put on another shelf by accident. Argent hears the cops cheer and realizes he's down to seconds before they enter.

HopeHubris
2013-05-18, 12:20 AM
With his incredible strength, Argent pushes a shelf towards the door, which he hopes will stop them for a little while longer.

"The new drug, the one that killed the girl, (time she was killed) ago" Argent begins gruffly, "Where is it?!"

Ghost49X
2013-05-18, 02:52 PM
"It's stuck, push!" yells one of the cops while Argent hears a another voice coming directly from the air vent.
"What girl? What drugs? What are you talking about?"

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-23, 04:07 PM
Nero
The bid for the mask keeps raising as three different people out bid each other. Lady Vice, the old man with the ring Nero saw earlier and a man dressed in traditional Asian stealth clothing seem the main interested parties.
"Anyone care to beat this offer? going once, going twice, going three times and sold! To the the Pale Lady on the side for $295,000. Now moving on to our next item, this amulet of unknown origin. An expert eye would quickly note the fine craftsmanship and the high quality materials, a fine centerpiece for any artifact collector, bidding starts at Half a million."

As soon as the amulet in question is brought onto stage Nero feels the soft emanations of power coming from it even being a hundred and fifty feet away. A quick look around the room and Nero notices those with a knack for the occult are all staring seriously at it. Then the bidding erupts...

Nero dismisses the knife for a moment. Throwing it at this moment would be tantamount to suicide, so he waits and listens, trying to see if an opportunity will present itself.

HopeHubris
2013-05-23, 08:03 PM
"Are you all incompetent? A new drug is killing people and you know nothing?"
Argent says, readying himself to pool through the vent if it looks like they are about to break through.

Ghost49X
2013-05-28, 10:46 PM
Nero
The biding goes on for what seems forever as they fight over the right to own the amulet. In the end the old man with the ring wins it for $14,350,000. The auction moves on to the next item but well satisfied with his acquisitions the old man leaves discretely, though Nero notices both Lady Vice and the Asian man make note of his departure and they likewise decide to call it a night.

Argent
The cop keeps talking calmly directly into the vent "Look, we're not the officers in charge of that case. If you're willing to come out peacefully we can talk things out. And rumor is, it's not a drug, but some sort of chemical."

Sir_Chivalry
2013-05-30, 04:59 PM
Nero sneaks after the leaving groups, keeping to the shadows. He's hoping one of these guys came in something he can appropriate, like knocking out the driver in a limo with a tinted divider between driver and passenger

HopeHubris
2013-05-31, 01:34 AM
"Rumour? All you have is rumours? I suppose that would mean you aren't aware of any samples, in which case you are rather useless to me right now" Argent says, still bracing the door shut, though considering making for the vents to possibly escape, as he didn't really want to hurt any of the officers

Ghost49X
2013-06-08, 02:28 PM
Argent
While Argent considers his choices he overhears a new voice, loud and confident
"Don't worry lads, Captain Universe has arrived! Ah, so he's locked himself in there? Let me handle this lads"
The shelves bracing the door rock violently as with one blow the hinges snap and the shelves are pushed back by six inches.

Nero
Once outside Nero arrives in the yard in time to see the limo roll out. Lady Vice steps out at the same time smiling faintly. Wrapping her elegant black cloak around her with a grand gesture, she turns into a swarm of screaming bats flying off towards the limo. The Asian man exits next with his men, with grapple hooks they quickly and silently scale the building and give chase.

HopeHubris
2013-06-09, 02:07 PM
****... Universe is here, was not expecting that

The second he hears Universe's voice, Argent shifts into liquid metal form and makes for the air vent, vaguely remembering Universe as a punch first, ask questions later kind of fellow.