PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Scene That Happened

BeserkerNike
2013-02-27, 05:32 PM
Post your funniest scenes that happened
Mine was me and 3 more friends were playing Wheel Of Time (i was playing the Wilder class and it was my first time playing a caster) and the tavern keeper wouldn't return my horse my character got angry and cast fog on his tavern but my character was angry so the spell amplified and the fog went all over the city.
Then i said to the tavern keeper to return my horse he still wouldn't do it so i started chanting the Riven Earth Spell (like a volcanic eruption) and i destroyed the whole tavern i got like 3 levels because i killed many people and that is when we decided i should never play a caster again (i am currently playing a Summoner :P)

KillianHawkeye
2013-02-27, 05:58 PM
There's no chanting in Wheel of Time.

BeserkerNike
2013-02-27, 06:18 PM
There's no chanting in Wheel of Time.

The chanting was part of an intimidate check to make him return the horse

Laserlight
2013-02-27, 07:44 PM
The halfling swashbuckler and the half orc barbarian are climbing a 400ft cliff, with the halfling leading, the half orc belaying. There's a shallow cave about 25ft up and to the right; however, the traverse is difficult and the halfling can't roll over an 8. He slides down the cliff face until the belay rope stops him, then he tries again and slides down again, and again a third time. As he'd dangling there on the end of the rope, waiting for the barbarian to haul him up again, the barbarian says to the DM "Can I just swing him up there, like a grappling hook?" The DM says "If you make an attack roll!" and the barbarian rolls a 20.

Without warning the halfling first.

The halfling was swung out over 300 feet of cold, empty air and up to the cave, where he landed with fingers clawing at the rock like a car, and cursing vividly in Orcish.

And then...after a few moments to recover...he quietly got out his bottle of stonecutter acid and used a few drops to make "finger" holes in the rock face....

Phelix-Mu
2013-02-27, 08:11 PM
I've told this story many a time, but it continues to be fun to recount.

Back in 2e, my drow fighter/mage had been challenged to single combat by a death knight; if not for the creature's honor code, the fight would have been over quite quickly, as he approached the two-character party on horseback.

The characters were en route to investigate an old dwarven mine for some reason or other, and the mine was just a bit down the road. So, my drow character fights defensively. Every couple rounds, he disengages and retreats for a couple rounds, carefully luring the very dangerous opponent toward the abandoned mining camp, seeking some terrain advantage, not to mention spending as much time as possible outside it's fear aura.

Reaching the mining camp and now very close to getting killed by the superior combat ability of the death knight, plus some running away and other fear-related stuff, my character spots the only bit of advantageous terrain: the mine shaft.

Lo and behold, the mine takes the form of a vertical shaft mine. So, my drow maneuvers toward the hole/entrance to the mine, feigning desperation to encourage any arrogance the death knight might be feeling. The death knight pursues my character to the edge of the shaft, cornering him.

Keep in mind, my character has so far not cast any spells.

The death knight prepares to dispatch my character, while the drow patiently waits for the moment of maximum advantage.

The moment arrives.

As the death knight raises his longsword for the killing blow, my drow activates his ring of jumping, easily bounding up and over the death knight. Executing a simple twist in the air, the drow lands facing the death knight.

The enemy turns, caught slightly off-guard, but thinking this only some small trick to delay the inevitable.

And my drow draws his staff of thunder and lightning, promptly unleashing it's strongest lightning power squarely in the chest of the death knight, point-blank range.

The impact knocks the flabbergasted death knight back, over the edge of the mine shaft. Plummeting, the death knight falls a long, long way. Crit failing a save (pretty sure this was a houserule), the DM rules that the death knight lands on his magical sword after a 100'+ fall, and the blade snaps. More houserule as the magical blade explodes, blowing dust and debris back up the mine shaft and triggering a minor collapse at the bottom of the shaft.

Unsatisfied, my drow empties the rest of the per day uses of the staff into the mine shaft, aiming in the direction of support timbers and such (remember, 2e, now I think it's called the rod of thunder and lightning, and the abilities have changed slightly). A massive collapse ensues.

End of mission.

In short, the joys of a deck of encounters and a clever plan (and no small amount of pure luck).:smallcool: