PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Comedy Feats (PEACH and Add Your Own!)

Elricaltovilla
2013-02-27, 07:30 PM
These feats are purposely intended to be silly and derail the game to an extent. I'm unsure if they count as overpowered or not, but it doesn't really concern me because, hey. If you would like to suggest more Comedy Feats, please do so!
-------------------------------------

Pathfinder Comedy Feats

Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Requirements: Perform (comedy) 5 ranks, Judgment Ability
Benefit: Whenever two characters (other than you) are involved in conversation, you can declare “Nobody Expects the Inquisition!” Upon doing so, you initiate combat and grant yourself a surprise round to act. You can also do this once per encounter to grant yourself a surprise round to act.

Bake Pies
Prerequisites: Brew Potion Feat, 7th level
Benefit: Instead of brewing a potion, you can bake your magical effects into a delicious pie. The pie is capable of feeding up to 4 people and applies the spell effect to each of them, but it takes a full round action to eat a slice of pie and a pie must be eaten within 3 days or it spoils and the spell is wasted. Additionally, any spell of 3rd level or lower can be baked into a pie.

Pie Throwing
Prerequisites: Bake Pies, Empower Spell, 11th level
Benefit: you can throw your pies as improvised ranged weapons. When doing so, make a ranged touch attack. If the attack hits, the spell baked into the pie activates, and acts as if under the effect of an Empowered Spell Feat. This does not increase the level of the spell stored in the pie.

Greater Pie Throwing
Prerequisites: Pie Throwing
Benefit: Instead of applying Empower Spell to any Pie you throw, you can apply any one Metamagic feat you know, other than Quicken Spell, for free.

Slapstick Routine
Prerequisite: Any Improved Combat Maneuver Feat, Perform (Comedy) 5 ranks
Benefit: As a standard action, you can attempt a Combat Maneuver against yourself or an ally. If the maneuver succeeds, any enemy within 30 feet that can see the routine must make a Will Save or suffer the effects of a Hideous Laughter spell (CL equal to your character level) for 1d4 rounds.

Mood Whiplash
Prerequisite: Fascinate Bardic Performance.
Benefit: As an Immediate action, you can change the tone of your performance to shock your audience. Each target affected by your Fascinate ability makes a Will Save, if they fail, they are immediately stunned for 1d4 rounds. This effect immediately ends your Bardic Performance.

Surprise Spell (metamagic)
Benefit: When you cast a Surprise Spell you choose to either disguise it as a different spell, or make it appear as though the spell failed. One round after casting the spell, it activates. Creatures with Spellcraft or Sense Motive can make a skill check to see through the surprise. Using a surprise spell raises the spell level by +1

The Game
Benefit: As an immediate action, your character can declare that they “Just lost the Game.” Every other character or creature within hearing distance must make a Will Save vs. 10+ ½ your level+ your Charisma Modifier or immediately cease any actions and declare that they too “Just lost the Game.” Each character or creature that hears these subsequent creatures must make the same Will Save or have to repeat the process, ad nauseum. Every time a target fails their Will Save vs. The Game, the DC for the next Will Save decreases by 5. This is a language dependent effect, and targets must have an Int score of at least 3 in order to play The Game.
Drawback: You just lost The Game.
Addendum: The Rules of The Game are as follows:
1. Everyone is always playing The Game.
2. If you think about The Game, You Lose.
3. If you lose The Game, you must announce that you lost The Game.

Liquor Up the DM
Prerequisite: The Player and the DM must both be above the legal drinking age for the area where they live.
Benefit: The player may leave the table to prepare and serve an alcoholic beverage for the DM. If the DM approves of the beverage, they may, at their discretion, provide some benefit to the player’s character. The nature of this benefit, if any, is entirely up to the DM.

The Funniest Joke Ever
Prerequisites: Perform(Comedy) 19 Ranks.
Benefit: As an action that takes four full round actions to complete, you can tell the funniest joke ever. During the first round, any target that can hear and understand you must make a Will Save vs. 10+ ½ your level+ your Charisma or suffer the effects of an Extended Hideous Laughter Spell (CL equal to your character level).

On the second round, targets must succeed a Fortitude Save, or fall unconscious for 1d4 rounds due to lack of oxygen from excessive laughter, your character must also make this save or pass out.

On the third round, targets must succeed on a Reflex Save to avoid falling debris or earthquakes as the earth itself begins to laugh from the hilarity of the joke.

On the fourth and final round, all targets must succeed on a Fortitude Save or die from laughter as they hear the punchline, your character must also make this save or die from the humor of the joke.

Targets that fail the second save automatically fail the third save, but automatically succeed on the fourth save due to having missed the punchline.

This is a language dependent effect.

EDIT: Edits to feats are in RED.
Also, New Feats! And feel free to add your own comedy Items, Spells and Feats!

I Shot Marvin in the Face
Prerequisites: Amateur Gunslinger or Grit Class Feature.
Benefit: Once per day, when you roll a critical failure on an attack made with a Gun, you can spend 1 grit point to activate this feat. Treat the attack as a critical success on a random target within range. The attack automatically hits this random target and they must make a Fortitude Save equal to the damage dealt by the attack or die. Creatures that are immune to critical hits are immune to this feat.

Tolkein's Eagles
Benefit: You can call on the aid of a flight of Giant Eagles once per day. These Eagles arrive within 1d3 rounds and aid your party with any one task, so long as this task does not in any way advance the plot of the DM's Storyline.

Yakety Sax (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ)
Benefit: As a standard action, you can make an intimidation roll against your target. If the roll succeeds, the target becomes panicked. So long as you and no one in your party tries to attack the target, and you remain within 5 feet of the target you can move at the same speed as the target to continue chasing them.
Drawback: Your DM must play Yakety Sax for as long as you continue to chase the target.

Munchkin
Prerequisite: Must be taken at 1st Level.
Benefit: Your character is treated as Small Size in any situation in which it would be more beneficial for them to be Small Size as opposed to their current size. Your character is also treated as Large Size in any situation in which it would be more beneficial for them to be Large Size as opposed to their current size. Additionally, you can take 20 on any appraise check to identify a magical item so long as you threaten to harm your party members if they try and take it from you.
Drawback: Everyone in your party now hates you. Including yourself.

The Worst Feat Ever
Prerequisite: The player to your left must smack you for even considering taking this feat.
Benefit: Pick a different feat and take it. You must meet the Prerequisites for this other feat. But seriously, why would you take this feat? It's terrible.
Drawback: Everyone ridicules you for taking the Worst Feat Ever.

Ilorin Lorati
2013-02-28, 02:36 AM
I'm not too good at this, but here's what I see.

Nobody Expects the Inquisition! is useless, because you can do this anyways by simply attacking someone as a surprise.

Bake Pies just to make sure, you're saying you can make a potion into a pie, and then add an additional spell into it? Because that's what it says RAW.

The Game doesn't say that you cannot be put under the effect of the chain after you say it, so it's a potentially infinite loop.

The Funniest Joke Ever is basically impossible to get, because it needs you to be level 20. You'll need to take a class that gives access to a bonus feat that includes this one in its list.

AttilaTheGeek
2013-02-28, 10:22 AM
For the record, PEACH stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly. I've also seen Please Examine And Comment Honestly, but that's less common.

Also, it's the Spanish inquisition. Everyone expects the regular inquisition, especially if you're an inquisitor. I do really like the funniest joke ever. And the pies seem like they're straight out of a three stooges film. Actually, if you wanted to pull something from the marx brothers, you could give a set of +5 Anarchic Adamantium Scissors.

Elricaltovilla
2013-02-28, 12:37 PM
I'm not too good at this, but here's what I see.
I'm not too good at it either, but these are supposed to be funny more than effective. Although if I can do something to make them actually worth taking, I will.

Nobody Expects the Inquisition! is useless, because you can do this anyways by simply attacking someone as a surprise.
It's more there to be a Monty Python Reference than anything. What if I reword it so that you can do it in the middle of combat as well? Only once per combat of course.

Bake Pies just to make sure, you're saying you can make a potion into a pie, and then add an additional spell into it? Because that's what it says RAW.

No, it's supposed to read that you make a pie instead of a potion, and then you get 4 slices (uses) of that spell out of the pie. But it has a limited time frame it can be used in, and it takes longer to eat a slice than to drink a potion.

Additionally, there should be a wider variety of spells that can be baked into a pie. My original idea was feeding four people a slice of "Pie of Fireball" just to give an idea of what I'm going for.

The Game doesn't say that you cannot be put under the effect of the chain after you say it, so it's a potentially infinite loop.

That has to do with the nature of The Game (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_%28mind_game%29) itself. But I'll edit in the Rules for The Game to make it clear, and reduce the DC for each subsequent save by 5.

The Funniest Joke Ever is basically impossible to get, because it needs you to be level 20. You'll need to take a class that gives access to a bonus feat that includes this one in its list.

Another Monty Python (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Funniest_Joke_in_the_World) reference. I'll see if I can find a video for you, but the gist of it is that the joke is so funny nobody can finish it, hence why it's an "impossible" feat. Although you could just wait til Epic Level to get it. But I'll lower the requirements to 19 anyway.

For the record, PEACH stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly. I've also seen Please Examine And Comment Honestly, but that's less common.

Thank you for clearing that up!

Also, it's the Spanish inquisition. Everyone expects the regular inquisition, especially if you're an inquisitor. I do really like the funniest joke ever. And the pies seem like they're straight out of a three stooges film. Actually, if you wanted to pull something from the marx brothers, you could give a set of +5 Anarchic Adamantium Scissors.

It is the Spanish Inquisition, but there is no Spain in Golarion so I thought... Damn, nobody would expect it then, would they? :smalltongue:

EDIT: I've made changes and added some new feats. Enjoy. Or don't.