PDA

View Full Version : Optimize that Cleric Airship Captain!(cohort)

NeverSleep
2013-02-28, 01:30 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm playing a 3.5E game with some FF tactics style flair and templates.

I took leadership, and used my Leadership score of 19 to get a 9th Lvl Cohort.

Scores: 18, 17, 17, 17, 14, 14

He's going to be a Nu-Mu from the FF universe:

Nu-Mu: Medium, ground speed 20 ft. -2 Str, -4 dex, +4 int, +2 wis, +4 cha With a +2 to con or any mental stat at level 10. + 4 racial bonus on spellcraft. +2 bonus on will saves. Mana regens every 3 rounds instead of 5. All spells are cast with the still spell feat without penalty. Racial ability, recall spell - After a spell (not spell-like or supernatural) has hit a Nu-Mu he can retain the spell for a number of hours equal to his magic stat. The spell can be cast as a standard action with no mana cost. Magic stat starts at 3.Opening jobs - Black Mage, White Mage, Green mage, Animist

What should I do to optimize this guy? I've got him captaining an airship, so he needs max ranks in that skill, but otherwise I'm pretty open in direction.

Thanks for the help guys!

kardar233
2013-02-28, 01:40 AM
As far as the actual sailing goes, look into Legendary Captain from Stormwrack. Explorer's Handbook also has the Windwright Captain specifically for airship captains.

On the fighting end, there's Dread Pirate and Scarlet Corsair, which are basically the same class.

NeverSleep
2013-02-28, 06:03 PM
I was actually hoping to get some non-standard approaches to the role, since he will actually be a non-combatant cohort for the most part.

NeverSleep
2013-03-09, 10:11 PM
Bumpin'

This guy hasn't seen action yet, so I can still mod him if anybody has any ideas please and thanks!

avr
2013-03-09, 10:25 PM
If he's to be a noncombatant, what role do you want him to fill exactly? Captaining the ship really is as simple as having a few relevant skills.

The statblock provided seems to be half written for some other system, maybe M:tG.