PDA

View Full Version : Archivist Duskblade?

barna10
2013-02-28, 03:45 AM
I've seen several character builds with a dip in Archivist. While I can see that a 1 lvl dip might be useful, is there something I'm missing? Is there some weird wording that allows the Duskblade to add to his spell list or something?

Philistine
2013-02-28, 03:50 AM
Despite its name, the Duskblade's Arcane Channeling ability can be used with any touch-range spell the Duskblade knows... and there are a number of offensive touch-range spells on the divine lists.

barna10
2013-02-28, 04:08 AM
Despite its name, the Duskblade's Arcane Channeling ability can be used with any touch-range spell the Duskblade knows... and there are a number of offensive touch-range spells on the divine lists.

I get that, but what I don't get is a 1-lvl dip into Archivist.

Waddacku
2013-02-28, 04:40 AM
It gets you potential access to all first level divine spells, and casts from Int, just like the Duskblade.

Alienist
2013-02-28, 04:44 AM
There are some that claim it gives you access to all the wizard spells too. So maybe the one level dip is for wanding?

Ernir
2013-02-28, 05:36 AM
I don't get it. Archivist is kind of a cruddy dip compared to, say, Cleric. I get combining Duskblade and Archivist in something like gestalt, but an Archivist dip?

What specific builds have you been looking at?

Vaz
2013-02-28, 06:16 AM
Archivist Dip gets you every Divine Spell of First level.

That includes Bard through Divine Bard, and Wizard and Sorcerer through the Hexer Prestige Class (Masters of the Wild). I think the only spell list it cannot get is Wu Jen, and they have fairly poor uniques for a Duskblade purpose 1-4. Wu Jen begin to shine when they hit 7ths.

Norin
2013-02-28, 06:23 AM
Also you can manage with a lower Wis with an archivist dip. Your DC is keyed off Int, and you do not need more than 11 wis to get 1st lvl spells as far as i can see.