PDA

View Full Version : AVB - The Si Team

Rizban
2013-02-28, 04:24 AM
This thread is for The Grue and Noctemwolf only. Anyone else caught reading it will be fed to the dire beavers.

You head up the stairs and find a long hallway lined with numbered doors.

Noctemwolf
2013-02-28, 12:34 PM
Sibidel

After the long trek up the stairs for the small gnome, he begins to look for Simon's room. He keeps Simon
In the corner of his eye at all times, however. Sibidel also studies the hallway, noting entries, exits, furniture, and anything else of note.

"So, whats in this thing anyway?" Sibidel asks, knocking lightly on the wooden chest he was helping carry.

Rizban
2013-02-28, 08:34 PM
It's just a long hallway. It turns to the right about 50 feet away.

The only decoration is a long rug that runs the entire length of the hall. Light is provided by an everburning torch set into the wall every 15 feet.

The Grue
2013-03-01, 03:46 PM
"So, whats in this thing anyway?" Sibidel asks, knocking lightly on the wooden chest he was helping carry.

As deadpan as he can manage, Simon says "The still-warm heart of my last victim."

Buff: [roll0] just for fun

He smiles. "I'm kidding. It's nothing too interesting, just clothes and possessions and the like. I'm planning on staying in the city for a while."

Room 212 is, presumably, not far down the hall from the stairs. When they arrive, Simon sidles up to the door and attempts to open it.

Rizban
2013-03-01, 04:06 PM
The door has neither handle nor obvious lock. A round, flat crystal sits in the middle of the door at about chest level softly refracting the light of the torches. Other than a number plate just above the crystal, there is no other marking or ornamentation on it.

The Grue
2013-03-01, 04:14 PM
"Seems simple enough."

Simon places his hand (the same one he placed on the disk downstairs) on the door crystal.

Rizban
2013-03-01, 04:19 PM
The door opens onto a 10 x 15 room. There is a bed, a chest of drawers, and a large wooden chest that doubles as a nightstand. There's a rug on the floor and a single small window that lets in light.*

Noctemwolf
2013-03-02, 03:38 AM
Sibidel

As deadpan as he can manage, Simon says "The still-warm heart of my last victim."

Sibidel Blinks. "Aye?"

"I'm kidding. It's nothing too interesting, just clothes and possessions and the like. I'm planning on staying in the city for a while."

Sibidel gives a small smile. "right."

Sibidel stands in the doorway, letting go of the chest.

"So, what's this job you need help with?"

The Grue
2013-03-03, 02:08 AM
Simon stows his chest in the corner of the room, next to the larger one.

"Not really a job so much as a proposition. I'm putting together a...troupe, I guess you could say, and I could use a hand laying the groundwork."" He pauses for a minute, sizing up the other man. "It might not be the kind of thing you were expecting, but it'll likely involve the shadier side of the city's day-to-day and I need someone who doesn't have a problem with that. I hope I'm not being presumptuous by guessing that's you.

"I'm willing to pay a few hundred gold per day, and when all's said and done we can talk about a spot in the crew and a share of the, eh, business, if you want it."

Noctemwolf
2013-03-03, 03:48 PM
"I'm willing to pay a few hundred gold per day, and when all's said and done a spot in the crew and a share of the, eh, business, if you want it."

Sibidel

Sibidel perked up at the sound of 'a few hundred gold per day.' And the thought of business share makes him even more curious.

"What kind of shady we talkin' about?"

The Grue
2013-03-05, 03:48 PM
Erm...that was actually supposed to read "a hundred", rather than "a few hundred". Retcon?

"What kind of shady we talkin' about?"

"Ideally the non-murderin' kind, but I don't know this city too well so I can't promise. That's part of the reason I need the help; an extra set of eyes to spot trouble, and an extra blade in case it pays a visit."

Noctemwolf
2013-03-06, 07:30 PM
Erm...that was actually supposed to read "a hundred", rather than "a few hundred". Retcon?

"Ideally the non-murderin' kind, but I don't know this city too well so I can't promise. That's part of the reason I need the help; an extra set of eyes to spot trouble, and an extra blade in case it pays a visit."

Sibidel

"If the money's going to be as good as you say, I'm in."

He smiles and hold out a hand.

"Name's Sibidel. Sib, Crack, call me which you prefer. What kind of business you lookin' to make, then...?"

The Grue
2013-03-09, 03:55 AM
"Simon." He takes Sib's hand and gives it a good shake. "And we're in the business of theft. Confidence tricks to be precise, not the usual burglary kind. Like I say, might not be what you're used to. Still interested?"

Riz, about what time of day is it?

Noctemwolf
2013-03-12, 03:24 PM
"Simon." He takes Sib's hand and gives it a good shake. "And we're in the business of theft. Confidence tricks to be precise, not the usual burglary kind. Like I say, might not be what you're used to. Still interested?"

Riz, about what time of day is it?

Sibidel

"Not my strongsuit," Sibidel says with a shrug, "but you'll find me a quick learner."

The Grue
2013-03-20, 07:03 PM
After discussing at length their plans to raise a troup, Simon and Sibidel decide to inquire at Sendungen Imports regarding an item in need of recovery, as a means to build contacts in the city and earn some coin at the same time.

Simon suggests they take some time to get settled at the inn first and meet in the plaza after lunch.

Noctemwolf
2013-03-21, 06:17 PM
After discussing at length their plans to raise a troup, Simon and Sibidel decide to inquire at Sendungen Imports regarding an item in need of recovery, as a means to build contacts in the city and earn some coin at the same time.

Simon suggests they take some time to get settled at the inn first and meet in the plaza after lunch.

Sibidel

Sibidel smiles. "Suppose it's a deal then?" and holds out his hand.

__________________________________________________ ______________

"Alright, then, that ought to do it..."

After settling into his room for a few, leaving some of his many possessions inside, he heads down the stairs to meet up with Simon to head off and find a job. Coin was always a necessary thing.

Noctemwolf
2013-03-28, 12:44 AM
(soooo.... sorry for the double post, but.... Do I need to put up more to make sure we know what's going on?)

The Grue
2013-03-28, 02:53 AM
Sibidel

Sibidel smiles. "Suppose it's a deal then?" and holds out his hand.

He shakes. "That it is. I think we're going to work well together."

GM
Once Sib leaves the room, Simon takes a moment to secure his things. Upon leaving, he brings all worn equipment including the bag of holding, leaving notably the leather armour behind.

(OOC: My apologies, work picked up a little and caught me by surprise. Let's adjourn to the City Streets thread and get this show on the road, eh?)