PDA

View Full Version : Leafweave Armor cost

Morphie
2013-02-28, 06:13 AM
Can anybody tell me the cost of masterwork leafweave armor? In the book (Races of the Wild) they talk about Thistledown and Wildwood being considered masterwork, but I find nothing about Leafweave armor.
Should I add the normal cost for masterwork armor or could it be a typo?

Daftendirekt
2013-02-28, 06:22 AM
All special materials have the masterwork cost built into their price.

Morphie
2013-02-28, 06:26 AM
Do you have the source for that? Sorry to insist, but the omission of the masterwork property on that specific material kind of intrigued me...

mattie_p
2013-02-28, 07:07 AM
Yeah, actually it is only materials that say so in their description. For example:

Armor made from wildwood is always of masterwork quality
Adamantine is so costly that weapons and armor made from it are always of masterwork quality
Armorsmiths can work with the hides of dragons to produce armor or shields of masterwork quality.
Weapons or armors fashioned from mithral are always masterwork items as well; the masterwork cost is included in the prices given below.

Cold Iron is an example of a special material that does not include masterwork costs. So your masterwork leafweave armor would need to cost an additional +150gp.

Darrin
2013-02-28, 07:18 AM
All special materials have the masterwork cost built into their price.

Each special material has its own unique pricing. Some include masterwork, some don't. Leafweave and darkleaf do not, so you can spend +150 GP to reduce ACP further by 1. This means masterwork leafweave and darkleaf have the same ACP reduction as mithral. Mithral, however, still has a better Max Dex bonus.

Morphie
2013-02-28, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I was thinking of using it as barding to boost my riding dog's AC as it is the only armor that could benefict from his total DEX modifier, and kind of has a druid feel to it.
Well, not anymore. Guess he's better off with leather armor...