PDA

View Full Version : [FWM] OOC 4: Enchanted Manticore

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

TheAmishPirate
2014-01-19, 08:53 PM
Essentially, it's just a small kitchen for the staff. So only one set of doors, possibly a window.

This sounds fair to me as well.

Merellis
2014-01-19, 09:41 PM
Hoping I didn't miss anyone. @.@

Dive is still down for the count, Bumble and Sure are making their move, Mask and Divine are gonna have company soon and the army is being driven back for the most part.

Doubt that crossbow's gonna get more than one shot off, and it doesn't matter much anyway considering the tactical advantage of the sun is against them for now.

Well, until it sets anyway. :smallamused:

Lycan 01
2014-01-19, 11:28 PM
Hey Merellis, how many ponies are at the ballista now, and what all are they equipped with? Weapons and armor, specifically? Need to weigh Prose's options...

Hey Lycan, if it ever becomes relevant, do you think Prose and Riposte ever met due to both sort of being special forces under direct command of Luna?

Probably. What's Riposte's role and background again?

Merellis
2014-01-19, 11:30 PM
There's maybe four left who, with some griffons and pegasi armed to the teeth on their way, not that Prose would know that.

Not heavily armed, mostly axes and throwing axes and saws and the like.

Lycan 01
2014-01-19, 11:51 PM
What about armor? Chainmail? Leather? Clothe?

How easy would it be for a pair of bat-talons to rake through it? :smallamused:

Merellis
2014-01-20, 12:38 AM
What about armor? Chainmail? Leather? Clothe?

How easy would it be for a pair of bat-talons to rake through it? :smallamused:

Most likely leather, given their function is to load and shoot the crossbow of doom.

Gnomish Wanderer
2014-01-20, 12:56 AM
Hello again, ponyfolk. Sorry for dying six months ago, I am easily overwhelmed. I want to get back into this whole thing, and I will not drop off like last time. Sorry. @.@

TheAmishPirate
2014-01-20, 12:17 PM
Hello again, ponyfolk. Sorry for dying six months ago, I am easily overwhelmed. I want to get back into this whole thing, and I will not drop off like last time. Sorry. @.@

Welcome back!

@Purity: Waiting on Lord Glory in the Game of Ponies thread.

PurityIcekiller
2014-01-20, 04:09 PM
Right. I'll get to it. In the meantime, was my last question (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16818757#post16818757) stupid, or have you just not gotten around to answering it?

EDIT: Oh, and Merellis, I'd like you to keep in mind that Blueshield's red-tipped arrows are kind of a little bit highly explosive. The first one wasn't even acknowledged, and while the second one didn't go off, there wasn't really any reaction to it either.

Merellis
2014-01-20, 05:24 PM
Oh. I'll edit that right in. I assumed they were just setting stuff on fire. :smallredface:

TheAmishPirate
2014-01-20, 05:38 PM
Right. I'll get to it. In the meantime, was my last question (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16818757#post16818757) stupid, or have you just not gotten around to answering it?

The answer you're looking for is, "Missed due to being very busy on Saturday."

The other answer you're looking for is "fairly independent." Equestria's Princess(es) enjoys the advantage of raising the sun and moon over the whole world, but she doesn't enjoy the advantage of omnipotence. Apart from the worst of Iron Hoof, Luna and Celly have historically kept the sun and moon outside of their negotiations with other countries, allowing others to live and govern themselves as they see fit. Given how any change in the sun and moon would affect their own subjects as well, it ends up being a rather poor bargaining chip anyway.

PurityIcekiller
2014-01-21, 01:03 AM
Oh. I'll edit that right in. I assumed they were just setting stuff on fire. :smallredface:

Please do. I'm sorry about the misunderstanding; I thought I'd mentioned it in my post, but I guess it was lost in revision. Next time you're unsure of what my characters are doing, feel free to ask and I'll clarify.

For reference, here's a guide to Blueshield's special quarrels: Red-tipped: Nonmagical. Explode violently on impact, making them good against groups of enemies or for applying large, sharp forces to things. They can also sometimes start fires. All have been used up at this point.
Green-tipped: Nonmagical. Release a spray of strong acid on impact capable of dissolving most metals. Not very effective at killing ponies, but they can cause painful burns. Blueshield currently has 2.
Cyan-tipped: Magical. Release an electrical charge on impact to stun or kill the target, hamper magic, or activate electronic devices. Rarely lethal unless the target is hit more than once. All have been used up at this point.
Blue-tipped: Magical. Release a wave of intense cold on impact, freezing whatever it hits and cooling the nearby area. A direct hit is usually fatal unless the target has magic resistance. Blueshield currently has 1.

The other answer you're looking for is "fairly independent." Equestria's Princess(es) enjoys the advantage of raising the sun and moon over the whole world, but she doesn't enjoy the advantage of omnipotence. Apart from the worst of Iron Hoof, Luna and Celly have historically kept the sun and moon outside of their negotiations with other countries, allowing others to live and govern themselves as they see fit. Given how any change in the sun and moon would affect their own subjects as well, it ends up being a rather poor bargaining chip anyway.

Ah, thank you. So they're known elsewhere, but don't necessarily have influence.

Kelvin360
2014-01-21, 02:26 AM
(Perhaps either the griffon or one of the Moon Motes run into them)

Depends where they are. North, South, and Circular are all options. I think said griffon is still up high picking off snipers, but if Cerberus wants to call dibs on the intro, I'm fine with that.

Grif
2014-01-21, 03:54 AM

With that in mind, Purity, where do figure Saddle Arabia would be? And your version of Agrabah? (Was it Agrabuck in this version?)

Though perhaps the question I should ask is, what is their status in this world? Are they nominally under Equestria? An independent pony kingdom/nation? A district?

EDIT: MCerberus, since Blueshield and co appears to be busy for now, want to restart Tyrol/Staccata/Lemongrass in the Backstage thread? I have a little something in mind.

Benson
2014-01-21, 05:25 AM
Guardsponies Idle Chat and Silent Snow have entered the fray!
==================

And, uh, who IS Balboa? I'm not seeing the profile on the Google Doc.

Yea, his profile kinda poofed and disappeared within the OOC it was originally in.

But, simply put, Balboa is an obscenely rich pony/industrialist who has his hooves in nearly everything and if he doesn't have his hooves in something, he's probably plotting on how to. His cutie mark is the All Seeing Eye, and his love is his vast information network.

He is a morally grey figure though his public image is that of one The Ideal Equestrian. Known for his philanthropy, he is a white knight in an unjust world. He seeks only to protect his dear Equestria from her enemies, foreign and within. He is the friend of the common folk, defender of the impoverished, enemy of those who would take advantage of the lower and middle classes, i.e, the Nobility. Not that he states such a thing out right. But ohh how Balboa loathes the noble houses and rebukes their power, their titles, everything that defines a noble.

Soon....soon Equestria shall be no longer plagued by these ruling houses, no longer shall Equestria's well being be in the hooves of those who would drive her into the ground, no longer shall she stray from her original ideals. Sooon..sooon my dears...hahaha...hahaHAHAHAHAHHAH!
---

He is very much an industrialist celebrity, on the same wave akin to Rockefeller, Carnagie, Disney, etc in terms of how known he is.

PurityIcekiller
2014-01-21, 05:54 AM
With that in mind, Purity, where do figure Saddle Arabia would be? And your version of Agrabah? (Was it Agrabuck in this version?)

Though perhaps the question I should ask is, what is their status in this world? Are they nominally under Equestria? An independent pony kingdom/nation? A district?

Let's see... I think they've been established as a fairly independent nation of merchants. While there are some with loyalty to the cause of Luna (or, more rarely, Celestia), they are not ruled by the Princesses and most of them prefer it that way. Their relations with Equestria were a bit strained for a time due to raids by the latter's youth across the border, but Luna and the Mareabian leader(s) have been improving them with new, better policies.

I haven't decided how their government has set up, but I do know two groups that have a lot of influence. One group consists of the wealthiest merchants and their families. They use their wealth to buy power and typically serve their personal ambitions. The other group is the Knight force, who have most of the military power and serve the cause of law and order.

In terms of their influence, while they don't have a lot of obvious power, they're trading partners to most of the world, and Mareabia is a place where ideas meet and combine. They are the source of several advancements in magic, technology, and magitech, and a point of transition for many more. Their influences may be subtle, but they're far-reaching.

As for Agrabuck and Maredina, they are some of the larger cities in the land, and their main significance is that they're the birthplaces of Night Jewel and Blueshield, respectively. They are not separately governed.

Is that an adequate answer, or would you like adjustments or more details?

Grif
2014-01-21, 06:49 AM
Let's see... I think they've been established as a fairly independent nation of merchants. While there are some with loyalty to the cause of Luna (or, more rarely, Celestia), they are not ruled by the Princesses and most of them prefer it that way. Their relations with Equestria were a bit strained for a time due to raids by the latter's youth across the border, but Luna and the Mareabian leader(s) have been improving them with new, better policies.

I haven't decided how their government has set up, but I do know two groups that have a lot of influence. One group consists of the wealthiest merchants and their families. They use their wealth to buy power and typically serve their personal ambitions. The other group is the Knight force, who have most of the military power and serve the cause of law and order.

In terms of their influence, while they don't have a lot of obvious power, they're trading partners to most of the world, and Mareabia is a place where ideas meet and combine. They are the source of several advancements in magic, technology, and magitech, and a point of transition for many more. Their influences may be subtle, but they're far-reaching.

As for Agrabuck and Maredina, they are some of the larger cities in the land, and their main significance is that they're the birthplaces of Night Jewel and Blueshield, respectively. They are not separately governed.

Is that an adequate answer, or would you like adjustments or more details?

Mmkay. It's just something for me to keep in mind, really, rather than any pressing need. (Perhaps even add to our already extensive GDoc in due time). One more though. What about Saddle Arabian horses? :smalltongue: Are they the dominant race there?

PurityIcekiller
2014-01-21, 03:21 PM
Mmkay. It's just something for me to keep in mind, really, rather than any pressing need. (Perhaps even add to our already extensive GDoc in due time). One more though. What about Saddle Arabian horses? :smalltongue: Are they the dominant race there?

Wait, are there even full-sized horses in this setting?

*reads up on the Arabian breed*

Well, the smallest Arabians are the size of the largest ponies, so they might be a thing, especially if full-sized horses exist elsewhere. If not, the ponies there could still have a lot of similar traits (dished faces, dense bones, plenty of endurance, etc.). Of course, keeping their bloodlines as pure as those of real-life Arabians does have worrisome implications, but that gives me some ideas as well...

Grif
2014-01-21, 06:39 PM
Wait, are there even full-sized horses in this setting?

*reads up on the Arabian breed*

Well, the smallest Arabians are the size of the largest ponies, so they might be a thing, especially if full-sized horses exist elsewhere. If not, the ponies there could still have a lot of similar traits (dished faces, dense bones, plenty of endurance, etc.). Of course, keeping their bloodlines as pure as those of real-life Arabians does have worrisome implications, but that gives me some ideas as well...

In the show, yes. I do believe Magic Duel even showed them at the end.

I'd presume we'd have such as well.

PurityIcekiller
2014-01-21, 06:55 PM
In the show, yes. I do believe Magic Duel even showed them at the end.

I'd presume we'd have such as well.

Okay, got it. So yes, the Mareabian Horses exist and have a pretty high status.

Also, still waiting on Merellis's edit.

MCerberus
2014-01-22, 01:46 AM
Due to the merchant nature of the Mareabians and the driver for progress, they'd natural have a lot of points of contact with the griffons. It could either lead to a stable trading relationship or a rivalry, but either way that could inform the Equestrian diplomatic stance.

It sounds like you're going for something close to middle-ages Venice?

PurityIcekiller
2014-01-22, 03:43 AM
Due to the merchant nature of the Mareabians and the driver for progress, they'd natural have a lot of points of contact with the griffons. It could either lead to a stable trading relationship or a rivalry, but either way that could inform the Equestrian diplomatic stance.

It sounds like you're going for something close to middle-ages Venice?

That's not exactly the feel I was aiming for. As the name might indicate, I intended something more like Arabia in the middle ages with a bit of added magic and some puns that I simply couldn't pass up.

I can see Mareabia as being one of the few pony nations on good terms with the griffons, but then again, they might have some issues with a very warlike culture. It depends. Perhaps they're officially friendly, but subtly compete with each other?

Grif
2014-01-22, 05:19 AM
That's not exactly the feel I was aiming for. As the name might indicate, I intended something more like Arabia in the middle ages with a bit of added magic and some puns that I simply couldn't pass up.

I can see Mareabia as being one of the few pony nations on good terms with the griffons, but then again, they might have some issues with a very warlike culture. It depends. Perhaps they're officially friendly, but subtly compete with each other?
Arabia in the middle ages are a quiet backwater for most part. Just saying. :smalltongue: Aside from the founding of Islam, it was quietly forgotten.

I do like the sound of a desert Venice much better.

PurityIcekiller
2014-01-22, 06:02 PM
Arabia in the middle ages are a quiet backwater for most part. Just saying. :smalltongue: Aside from the founding of Islam, it was quietly forgotten.

I do like the sound of a desert Venice much better.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Arabia as a "quiet backwater", especially since they were about as far from "backwater" as could be. During the middle ages, the Arabs had a powerful and advanced civilization that made significant contributions to a variety of scientific fields, such as medicine, engineering, mathematics and astronomy. Compared to most European cultures of the time... Well, would you rather have an abscess on your leg treated or just have the leg cut off? I'd suggest reading up on their history; you might find it enlightening.

To put it briefly, I will not retcon them to be Italian just because Venice gets more attention from Eurocentric historians. I may, however, adjust their perception by Equestria to reflect your assumptions about Arabic cultures.

Lycan 01
2014-01-22, 06:26 PM
Like Purity said, Middle Eastern history, as well as that other civilizations, has been widely disregarded or even purposefully buried in favor of Euro-centric historical record and academic study. While Europe was enjoying the Dark Ages and burning people at the stake over every little thing, the Middle East was making many, many strides in art, science, math, astronomy, literature, medicine, warfare, architecture, and many other fields.

Also, considering how ornately dressed the Saddle Arabians in Season 3 were, and to what lengths Celestia and Twilight went to impress them, it can be inferred that Saddle Arabia's diplomats are not easy to impress. Which, in turn, would infer that their homeland has made many strides in the fields of magic, art, and other cultural fields. Eschewing such a rich culture in favor of a Venice or some other European image would be, well, depressing.

HalfTangible
2014-01-22, 06:32 PM

I do like the sound of a desert Venice much better.Years given by wikipedia.

Arabia's golden age: mid 8th century to 13th
Europe's dark ages aka the middle ages: 5th to 15th centuries AD

So... 5-8th and 13th-15... that's roughly half and half, actually, give or take a century :smallconfused: What exactly makes you say Arabia was a backwater? Aside from all the desert that the middle east is famous for?

TheAmishPirate
2014-01-22, 07:02 PM
Also, considering how ornately dressed the Saddle Arabians in Season 3 were, and to what lengths Celestia and Twilight went to impress them, it can be inferred that Saddle Arabia's diplomats are not easy to impress. Which, in turn, would infer that their homeland has made many strides in the fields of magic, art, and other cultural fields. Eschewing such a rich culture in favor of a Venice or some other European image would be, well, depressing.

Either not easy to impress, or important enough that they couldn't afford not to impress them.

That said, I do favor the idea that both countries carry their fair share of misconceptions about the other. The average Equestrian might describe Saddle Arabia as a barren wasteland, filled with nothing but feuding warlords and bandit kings, where the average Saddle Arabian could think Equestria full of loudmouthed, squabbling nobles and their blind, uneducated followers.

Grif
2014-01-22, 09:28 PM
Years given by wikipedia.

Arabia's golden age: mid 8th century to 13th
Europe's dark ages aka the middle ages: 5th to 15th centuries AD

So... 5-8th and 13th-15... that's roughly half and half, actually, give or take a century :smallconfused: What exactly makes you say Arabia was a backwater? Aside from all the desert that the middle east is famous for?

I think I was being unclear. If you think I don't know how history works, you're sorely mistaken.

The Arabian civilization is having its golden age during the Middle Ages. True. While Europeans are flailing around with feudalism, Muslims were flourishing.
The Arabian peninsular being a backwater despite that. Also true. This is what I had in mind.

Arabian cultural and intellectual centres were centred in Persia, Egypt, Spain and the Levant, not in Arabia proper. (And later, Constantinople, and Turkey)

PurityIcekiller
2014-01-22, 10:59 PM
I think I was being unclear. If you think I don't know how history works, you're sorely mistaken.

The Arabian civilization is having its golden age during the Middle Ages. True. While Europeans are flailing around with feudalism, Muslims were flourishing.
The Arabian peninsular being a backwater despite that. Also true. This is what I had in mind.

Arabian cultural and intellectual centres were centred in Persia, Egypt, Spain and the Levant, not in Arabia proper. (And later, Constantinople, and Turkey)

All right, I see what you're getting at. However, I fail to see how exactly that is relevant. It is the culture that I am emulating, not the precise geographic location, and I see no need to change it.

...considering how ornately dressed the Saddle Arabians in Season 3 were, and to what lengths Celestia and Twilight went to impress them, it can be inferred that Saddle Arabia's diplomats are not easy to impress. Which, in turn, would infer that their homeland has made many strides in the fields of magic, art, and other cultural fields. Eschewing such a rich culture in favor of a Venice or some other European image would be, well, depressing.

Either not easy to impress, or important enough that they couldn't afford not to impress them.

That said, I do favor the idea that both countries carry their fair share of misconceptions about the other. The average Equestrian might describe Saddle Arabia as a barren wasteland, filled with nothing but feuding warlords and bandit kings, where the average Saddle Arabian could think Equestria full of loudmouthed, squabbling nobles and their blind, uneducated followers.

Now that's a good idea. Mareabians could be kind of snobbish, knowing that they're a highly advanced culture and seeing Equestrians as uncultured fools. Kind of like Blueshield, but on a larger scale.

MCerberus
2014-01-22, 11:24 PM
I suggested Venice as more of a MO for how they work. Small population, concentrated in a coastal area. They survive off of trade and use a combination of sea power and mercs for protection. Reputation for being snobby and double-dealing.

Grif
2014-01-23, 12:21 AM
All right, I see what you're getting at. However, I fail to see how exactly that is relevant. It is the culture that I am emulating, not the precise geographic location, and I see no need to change it.

Nor am I suggesting it, as it were. :smallsmile: My poor joking remark was made extremely poorly as it was.

Also, I second Amish's suggestion.

Gnomish Wanderer
2014-01-23, 11:25 AM
I have nothing really to add except 'she follows after' so we can skip to wherever we'reheading.

Grif
2014-01-23, 11:59 AM
I have nothing really to add except 'she follows after' so we can skip to wherever we'reheading.

Fair enough.

Lycan 01
2014-01-24, 01:37 AM
Wow, does Blueshield have no faith in Prose or what? All these constant jabs and remarks about his laziness, when he's seriously not as much of a bum as he may act. Nevermind the fact that you don't become a Shadowbolt through half-assing and lollygagging. Does she judge everyone that harshly, or is Prose just a special case of never being given much credit? :smalltongue:

Kelvin360
2014-01-24, 02:18 AM
If it helps, Snowstorm is half-convinced that he's a publicity stunt gone horribly wrong. Part of the IC issue is just that we haven't seen very much of his serious side. It exists, but his civilian personality is too laid-back to not be taken at face value, know what I mean? Blueshield's used to maintaining a certain persona at all times, and Prose acts like the exact opposite of her 'ideal soldier'. When cultures clash and all that.

PurityIcekiller
2014-01-24, 02:39 AM
Wow, does Blueshield have no faith in Prose or what? All these constant jabs and remarks about his laziness, when he's seriously not as much of a bum as he may act. Nevermind the fact that you don't become a Shadowbolt through half-assing and lollygagging. Does she judge everyone that harshly, or is Prose just a special case of never being given much credit? :smalltongue:

It's more just her general attitude. She actually does have some respect for Prose, but she tends to be very serious and focus on the negative. I suppose my last post may have come out wrong, though, so I did a bit of rewording to make it clearer that it's not him personally so much.

Merellis
2014-01-26, 12:03 PM
Posted, assuming Cookie and another number of them are dead.

Sure Strike is using her lack of sight to her advantage by removing vision entirely so that Bumble could escape and allow herself to disadvantage the good doctor here.

Not sure what the arrow does, so I'll need that response before the golems do anything else. And while I'm not going over every single post to do with it, the arrows are wounding the dark army, but they're playing super defensive right now.

Edit: So there's issues with me first having a blind monk be able to one-shot NPC's through epic physical force but the PC gets a speed of light, impossible to dodge beam attack?

Well, if you want to start it this way, then lets get rolling!

TheAmishPirate
2014-01-26, 01:44 PM
Edit: So there's issues with me first having a blind monk be able to one-shot NPC's through epic physical force but the PC gets a speed of light, impossible to dodge beam attack?

Well, if you want to start it this way, then lets get rolling!

The difference here is that one DM is asleep, and the other just logged on. So, if you'll pardon the pun, hold your horses. :smalltongue:

@Kelvin: Grif and I are going to be talking balance later, but for now one thing definitely seems a bit off to me. If the area is filled with dust and rubble from Sure Strike bashing a hole in the ceiling, how exactly is Taylor firing a shot at Sure Strike's legs? How does he have the visibility to manage that?

Kelvin360
2014-01-26, 03:04 PM
The difference here is that one DM is asleep, and the other just logged on. So, if you'll pardon the pun, hold your horses. :smalltongue:

@Kelvin: Grif and I are going to be talking balance later, but for now one thing definitely seems a bit off to me. If the area is filled with dust and rubble from Sure Strike bashing a hole in the ceiling, how exactly is Taylor firing a shot at Sure Strike's legs? How does he have the visibility to manage that?

Unless the debris is completely intangible, that's why he led off with the concussive blast. Until the room starts flooding again, he has a few seconds of perfect visibility.

That said, I have no idea why I added the speed qualifier. I'll go adjust that now. This, kids, is why you don't post immediately after waking up.

Lycan 01
2014-01-26, 03:51 PM
So, maybe I missed it somewhere, but what's going on with Prose? Did he encounter anyone else on his way back to town, or can I just drop him in wherever I please? :smallconfused:

Grif
2014-01-26, 06:41 PM
So, maybe I missed it somewhere, but what's going on with Prose? Did he encounter anyone else on his way back to town, or can I just drop him in wherever I please? :smallconfused:

Sorry, been busy. Will have a post up in a couple of hours. Hopefully.

PurityIcekiller
2014-01-26, 09:34 PM
I'm afraid I won't be able to post for a while. I'm feeling terribly sick right now. Sorry.

Lycan 01
2014-01-26, 09:58 PM
Aw, sorry to hear that. Hope you get to feeling better soon! :smallfrown:

Grif
2014-01-27, 02:54 AM
I'm afraid I won't be able to post for a while. I'm feeling terribly sick right now. Sorry.

*All the Lyra hugs!*

EDIT: I'll be going on a week-long holiday. Depending on whether or not I find internet in good ole' Cambodia, my posting might be erratic.

TheAmishPirate
2014-01-30, 11:09 AM
And thus, we see why Rainbow is barred from coming within 5 paces of Sandy while he's working. :smalltongue:

Kelvin360
2014-01-31, 05:49 PM
I'll put out Starbeam's wall of text later, when I can concentrate.

Grif
2014-02-01, 01:47 AM
And thus, we see why Rainbow is barred from coming within 5 paces of Sandy while he's working. :smalltongue:

One wonders if Gearstride is barred in a similar manner? :smalltongue:

Lycan 01
2014-02-02, 12:58 AM
Hey Grif, how important is Stuka? I'd feel kinda bad if Prose randomly killed off one of your main characters. :smalltongue:

Grif
2014-02-02, 01:05 AM
Hey Grif, how important is Stuka? I'd feel kinda bad if Prose randomly killed off one of your main characters. :smalltongue:

She's an NPC, but a fairly important one. But not indispensable. (I do kinda like playing her though.)

If she dies, so be it. :smallsmile:

Lycan 01
2014-02-02, 01:31 AM
Where's that other griffon? Is he getting back up, or is he down for the count?

Grif
2014-02-02, 02:39 AM
Where's that other griffon? Is he getting back up, or is he down for the count?

He'll get up. But only if Prose dallies or after he does whatever. (In other words, he'll be up in the next post.)

Lycan 01
2014-02-02, 07:54 AM
Looks like all Stuka has left to go on now is...

...a wing and a prayer! :elan:

Was that knife just a normal knife, or did he just accidentally steal a family heirloom or something, and now she'll have to embark on a quest for bloody vengeance? :smalltongue:

Grif
2014-02-02, 09:20 AM
Looks like all Stuka has left to go on now is...

...a wing and a prayer! :elan:
Only one reaction to that. :smalltongue:

:roy:

Was that knife just a normal knife, or did he just accidentally steal a family heirloom or something, and now she'll have to embark on a quest for bloody vengeance? :smalltongue:
Nah, a normal one. Much fun as it is to have her swearing bloody vengeance, Stuka's far too practical a griffon to actually carry around something that valuable.

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-03, 12:18 AM
Say, I got to thinking what my characters might look like as humans, and I decided to draw Human Blueshield. I messed up a fair number of things, especially proportions, but I think it gives the right impression of her. Have a look:
http://imageshack.com/a/img853/7536/omci.png

Grif
2014-02-03, 12:29 PM
Say, I got to thinking what my characters might look like as humans, and I decided to draw Human Blueshield. I messed up a fair number of things, especially proportions, but I think it gives the right impression of her. Have a look:
http://imageshack.com/a/img853/7536/omci.png

She looks like Miko. :smalltongue: (She gives off Miko vibes too.)

Merellis
2014-02-03, 12:43 PM
Deleted post because that's a dumb way to go and I'm just not feeling that great today. WIll have a new up soon.

Edit: No, Sure Strike is not pulling a Scar. HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF SUCH! :smalltongue:

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-03, 07:44 PM
Excuse me, but what exactly happened to Blueshield's shots? Did she somehow manage to completely miss both of her targets and the wall they were hiding behind?

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-03, 07:55 PM
Excuse me, but what exactly happened to Blueshield's shots? Did she somehow manage to completely miss both of her targets and the wall they were hiding behind?

It said that whomever was controlling/spawning the golems was dead. I'm assuming that's her work, but any more than that I'll let Merellis handle the details of.

Merellis
2014-02-03, 08:05 PM
Aegis managed to get his shield back up to block most of the shots and held on long enough to allow Rock Star the time she needed to reinforce her walls of rock and dirt. The magic shield that was blocking everything is gone again because he's literally out of power, but the army has their fortifications up now so they also have cover to hide behind. Well, they always had the cover, but now they also have it being stronger than it was.

And just to note, they aren't crazy enough to be casting in plain view every single time. I'll make sure to keep note of actually mentioning they're smart enough to seek cover before casting but I kind of assumed it was obvious. Again, my mistake there.

So yes, the latest attack from the ones on the walls didn't do much due to magic shield blocking it.

But it's gone now, not that that the defenders would know that it's gone for the rest of the fight. Muahahahaha.

As for the golems, yeah, they're under orders to kill the duo and not charge the gates. I'm taking it from how golems usually work so that should be fine.

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-03, 08:32 PM
Yeah, that kind of thing could be mentioned. I assumed that the walls weren't enough to completely block the light from their horns, but I guess they wouldn't be easy to hit. Thanks for letting me know.

Just a bit of clarification, though: What does and doesn't the shield block? Does it work as well for liquids, energy and force as it does for solid matter?

Lycan 01
2014-02-03, 08:59 PM
Hey Merellis, how far up above the town is Dive Bomb? Assuming Prose is returning back to the town now, would he have time to fly up and intercept the diving pegasus? Or at the very least, try to distract him?

...I think I have a clever but brutal idea as to how Prose can stop him. :smallamused:

Merellis
2014-02-03, 09:50 PM
Hmm, haven't thought of the actual height really. High enough that the town itself is a marble if you aren't using super good vision, which his goggles are letting him do. I mean, he's gonna be easy to see as he gets closer.

Are you sure that Prose wants to try and tackle a ball of heat in mid-air? Because if I recall, all he has left is a knife and his claws.

And who knows where all that wonderful explosive heat could end up. :smallamused:

As for the magic shield, it blocks pretty much everything. Issues with this is that it's like the butterfly wing spell. It takes a lot of power to use, even with it being your special talent. And while it blocks everything, the thing can still be whittled down.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-04, 09:30 PM
Sorry for the delay, but I'm going to be posting for NPCs tomorrow. Mounting headache (ha ha horse puns) and lack of sleep means I got next to no posting energy. :smallsigh:

Grif
2014-02-06, 10:05 AM
I feel like I just missed some posts. :smallredface: For the life of me, I can't recall who.

(Time to get reading again.)

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-06, 10:17 AM
On that note, waiting on Purity in Game of Ponies and Backstage, and HalfTangible in the main thread.

Grif
2014-02-08, 11:21 AM
In the interest of keeping this RP moving, could everyone just say if they're waiting for someone else? Might be useful to know.

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-08, 05:56 PM
I'm waiting on Lycan primarily in Backstage, Kelvin360 in both the main thread and Backstage, and the other current participants in Game of Ponies.

Speaking of the last one, I think we need another plot in that one. We've only got a few characters actually doing anything there any more.

Merellis
2014-02-08, 06:11 PM
Sorry for the lack of contact over the last few days, been knocked out from the flu. :smallsigh: I'll be doing my posts tomorrow because I'll finally have a clear head.

Kelvin360
2014-02-08, 06:50 PM
My get up and go kind of got up and went. I'll do a mass posting within a few days, though.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-08, 07:02 PM
Sorry for the lack of contact over the last few days, been knocked out from the flu. :smallsigh: I'll be doing my posts tomorrow because I'll finally have a clear head.

Blegh. Hope you feel better soon. :smallfrown:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/018/3/6/and_then_daring_do____by_johnjoseco-d5rxleu.jpg

My get up and go kind of got up and went. I'll do a mass posting within a few days, though.

Oofa. I know that feel. >_<

Pace yourself, and make sure you don't burn yourself out catching up.

Grif
2014-02-08, 09:26 PM
I'm waiting on Lycan primarily in Backstage, Kelvin360 in both the main thread and Backstage, and the other current participants in Game of Ponies.

Speaking of the last one, I think we need another plot in that one. We've only got a few characters actually doing anything there any more.

Noted. I actually have something in mind, but that depends on player interest.

Aw. *hugs*

HalfTangible
2014-02-08, 09:29 PM
atm, waiting on Benson in the misc thread, Grif in the backstage, and AmishPirate/Benson in the main thread.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-08, 09:56 PM
and AmishPirate/Benson in the main thread.

Question: Are Hay Bale's pheromones directed at the guard, or is Sandy getting a passive whiff as well? Just trying to keep track of everything that's going on in his head right now.

HalfTangible
2014-02-08, 10:02 PM
Question: Are Hay Bale's pheromones directed at the guard, or is Sandy getting a passive whiff as well? Just trying to keep track of everything that's going on in his head right now.

Sandy can get hit by a little if you want to. They're directed at the guard, but smells aren't something that can be aimed with pinpoint precision.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-08, 10:07 PM
Sandy can get hit by a little if you want to. They're directed at the guard, but smells aren't something that can be aimed with pinpoint precision.

Hmmm. Do I want to make Sandy more easily flustered and bothered as he goes into an important meeting with stallion who makes a point of keeping a wide variety of beautiful mares about his mansion?

Really, do you even need to ask? :smallwink::smalltongue:

Grif
2014-02-08, 10:16 PM
Hmmm. Do I want to make Sandy more easily flustered and bothered as he goes into an important meeting with stallion who makes a point of keeping a wide variety of beautiful mares about his mansion?

Really, do you even need to ask? :smallwink::smalltongue:

Poor Sandy. :smalltongue:

HalfTangible
2014-02-08, 10:40 PM

Really, do you even need to ask? :smallwink::smalltongue:I thought you might wanna give him a break. Now I just feel stupid :smalltongue:

Poor Sandy. :smalltongue:

Yup. Poor Sandy.

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-08, 10:50 PM
Wow. Sandy just can't get away from that sort of thing, can he. I wonder how many threads it can happen across at once, counting the light RP? :smallbiggrin:

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-08, 10:51 PM
I thought you might wanna give him a break. Now I just feel stupid :smalltongue:

What do you think getting drunk was? :smalltongue:

In all seriousness, I do have some plans for Sandy to actually start catching some breaks. This opportunity was just too good/hilarious to pass up.

Wow. Sandy just can't get away from that sort of thing, can he. I wonder how many threads it can happen across at once, counting the light RP? :smallbiggrin:

I would say "Challenge Accepted!", but I'm already playing in enough games as it is. :smallbiggrin:

Plus part of it just comes with the territory of the character. Sandy over-thinks everything, thinks very highly of others in comparison to himself, and generally lacks experience with flirting/physical contact/that social arena. To put it another way, he shows he cares about others by doing things for them, and spending quality time with them. When he encounters ponies who are a bit more physical - even in a completely platonic, friendly fashion - it's like they're speaking a foreign language. His mind just cannot process fast enough to comprehend what's actually going on, which leads to the adorkable, flustered mess we all know and love.

Grif
2014-02-09, 09:35 PM
Speaking of which.

Purity, Kelvin, Lycan. I'm still kinda waiting for the talk to end so that we can have that big drink at the bar. Is that still a thing?

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-09, 09:57 PM
Speaking of which.

Purity, Kelvin, Lycan. I'm still kinda waiting for the talk to end so that we can have that big drink at the bar. Is that still a thing?

It is, and the talking seems to be coming to a close. I'll try to hurry it along.

Benson
2014-02-10, 12:13 AM
Alrighty, just a waitin on HalfTangible in FwM, Grif in Misc, Purity in Cut, well and Grif, but I did just post to his characters not too long ago ^^

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-10, 03:03 PM
Hay Bale chose those moments waiting for the door to open to give the stallion a hicky of her own.

Juuuuuuuust so we're clear; "the stallion" here refers to Red Shift, right? I'm 99% percent sure that's what you mean, but better to ask now then have to edit my whole post later.

HalfTangible
2014-02-10, 03:04 PM
Juuuuuuuust so we're clear; "the stallion" here refers to Red Shift, right? I'm 99% percent sure that's what you mean, but better to ask now then have to edit my whole post later.

Yes. I didn't name him primarily because he wasn't named in Benson's post.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-10, 03:11 PM
Yes. I didn't name him primarily because he wasn't named in Benson's post.

Ahh, right. Now that I think about it, Red Shift's the name of the mook currently locked up in the Bridle Shores guardhouse. It might also be the name of Balboa's guard, but I'm not 100% sure.

Post will be up later today, when I am less busy.

Kelvin360
2014-02-10, 06:47 PM
Yeah, and I think there are also 3 Daisy Bell's running around. :smalltongue: Which...ponies probably aren't anymore hardcore adherents to a 'one Steve limit' than we are, so it's not a big deal.

Grif
2014-02-10, 06:49 PM
Yeah, and I think there are also 3 Daisy Bell's running around. :smalltongue: Which...ponies probably aren't anymore hardcore adherents to a 'one Steve limit' than we are, so it's not a big deal.

As with the Steve thing, that also means extra work to keep track of who's who. :smalltongue:

Kelvin360
2014-02-10, 06:53 PM
That only matters if they're in the same room together or somehow both are subjects of a conversation. A two-word qualifier solves both problems (e.g. Steve In Prison), and as much fans of amusing misunderstandings as we are, such confusion could end up being an advantage.

MCerberus
2014-02-10, 10:12 PM
Sorry about the multi-thread spaceout

Grif
2014-02-10, 11:00 PM
Sorry about the multi-thread spaceout

Welcome back! Before you go, would you like to restart Staccata and Tyrol/Lemongrass in the Backstage thread?

Benson
2014-02-11, 12:55 AM
Ahh, right. Now that I think about it, Red Shift's the name of the mook currently locked up in the Bridle Shores guardhouse. It might also be the name of Balboa's guard, but I'm not 100% sure.

Yea, his name was Red Shift, I remember at the time I was reading about the Doppler Effect and redshift on wiki then xD

anyways, yea.

also, in the time frame of the battle going on against Bridle Shores, is it nightfall?

Grif
2014-02-11, 03:14 AM
also, in the time frame of the battle going on against Bridle Shores, is it nightfall?

Dusk going on to nightfall, at the moment.

Benson
2014-02-11, 02:04 PM
Dusk going on to nightfall, at the moment.

alrighty, I was thinking of having Meadow the vampy get caught up in the herp derp going on. I expect the town to be under a strict curfew with everyone expected to stay in their homes and not wander the streets. Of course being stubborn and hating the idea of being cooped up in Grills house by herself...

Kelvin360
2014-02-11, 07:34 PM
Question about Changelings. Do they transform via actually shifting their molecular structure, or just adjust and repaint their outer skin layer, or is it an illusion? If it's either of the first two, does that make them able to heal or hide injuries by changing shape?

Grif
2014-02-11, 08:23 PM
Question about Changelings. Do they transform via actually shifting their molecular structure, or just adjust and repaint their outer skin layer, or is it an illusion? If it's either of the first two, does that make them able to heal or hide injuries by changing shape?

Interesting question. From what we seen of changelings, it looks like an illusion spell, or by changing their outer skins. (I'm leaning towards the former.)

I haven't actually given this much thought so I'll be interested on what others think.

MCerberus
2014-02-11, 08:33 PM
Maybe we can get the Tyrol/Staccata thing going in cut thread, what's the status of the group we were waiting on?

Grif
2014-02-11, 08:38 PM
Maybe we can get the Tyrol/Staccata thing going in cut thread, what's the status of the group we were waiting on?

Apparently just about done. I'll get a post up soonish, but feel free to start it off if you want. They should all be waiting there already.

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-12, 07:34 PM
So, whatever happened to Fay Wray my scene partners? Lycan 01? Kelvin360? You guys still out there?

Lycan 01
2014-02-12, 08:05 PM
I've had company over the last couple of days, so my focus has been quite divided. A few of my pbps have briefly fallen by the wayside. Will try to catch up.

Kelvin360
2014-02-12, 09:26 PM
I'm composing the finale that'll accompany that post. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten either of you.

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-13, 11:59 PM
I probably won't be able to post during the weekend. I'm going to be away from home from Friday until Monday. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Merellis
2014-02-18, 09:43 PM
Post is partially done, emailing to self and finishing up at work tomorrow during lunch if I can. Between getting sick and work hours going up, I've had some issues adjusting to the schedule. For now, need sleep.

My apologies for making you all wait.

Lycan 01
2014-02-18, 09:48 PM
It's cool man. Real life always comes first. If you need more time to work or recover, that's fine. :smallsmile:

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-18, 09:58 PM
Post is partially done, emailing to self and finishing up at work tomorrow during lunch if I can. Between getting sick and work hours going up, I've had some issues adjusting to the schedule. For now, need sleep.

Real-life flu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> silly pony games.

Seriously. Your own health is vastly more important than getting a post together. No comparison there. Rest up, feel better soon, and we'll be here when you're feeling more chipper. :smallsmile:

EDIT: Unrelated note, but waiting on Night Jewel in the Backstage thread when you get a chance, Purity.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-18, 11:57 PM
Also, I'd like to apologize for how slow Game of Ponies has been running. I will try to get posts out in a more timely manner and get the plot moving proper.

Grif
2014-02-19, 01:03 AM

Also, I'd like to apologize for how slow Game of Ponies has been running. I will try to get posts out in a more timely manner and get the plot moving proper.

Aw, *hugs*.

Don't worry bout it you two. Real-life always takes priority, like Lycan says.

Kelvin360
2014-02-19, 01:45 AM
Plus, the time gives us an opportunity to cower in fear over what may follow. Take it easy, O villain. :smallwink:

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-19, 05:41 AM
Well, thanks for letting us know, guys. I'll be patient.

Unrelated note, but waiting on Night Jewel in the Backstage thread when you get a chance, Purity.

I'm on it. I need time, though; I'm still a bit swamped with schoolwork since getting back.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-19, 07:30 PM
Aw, *hugs*.

Don't worry bout it you two. Real-life always takes priority, like Lycan says.

Thanks. Though on that note, I'll be out traveling for most of tomorrow, so kindly don't burn everything down in my absence. :smallwink:

Merellis
2014-02-20, 10:47 PM
... That's an amusing choice of words Amish. :smallamused:

It'll be up within the hour! Prepare for unlimited chaos and heroism that may have gone wrong!

Kelvin360
2014-02-21, 02:34 AM
I have two questions. Where is Dive going to land and how many of the attacks going at Dawnstrider are magical or magically-enhanced?

Merellis
2014-02-21, 07:33 AM
Not entirely sure why a ton of ponies would be more worried about some random pony landing in town versus the fact that most of the town is burning and there's civilians and trapped comrades all over the place slowly dying from smoke and flame. But sure, lets chase the flying pony through the inferno. :smallamused:

Possibly in some alley then slipping into the shadows and fires and such.

As for the attacks, just the 20 or so floating metal bars, and the very solid shadows that are moving to restrain the two of you. Note that the spear from the big pegasus is not magical and just very heavy and dangerous as hell.

Lycan 01
2014-02-21, 08:56 AM
...oh...

I thought lighting the whole town on fire was Dive Bomb's plan to begin with, not what would happen if he was somehow interrupted.

Oops. :smallfrown:

Merellis
2014-02-21, 09:17 AM
...oh...

I thought lighting the whole town on fire was Dive Bomb's plan to begin with, not what would happen if he was somehow interrupted.

Oops. :smallfrown:

Yes, it is a sad turn of events that deserves the maturity of an a-

Oh what the heck, I'll laugh anyway. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvyaAxi-orA)

Ahem. Yes, the plan in the first place was just for the walls to be scorched to get rid of the cloud cover. Instead it's utter chaos. The drama of it shall be delicious! :smallbiggrin:

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-21, 09:24 AM
I've got two flights and an 18-hour day still weighing on my brain, so proper thinking is shot right about now. x_X

I do have this question; is the gout of flame lessened in any way by both the sudden change in direction/subsequent loss in velocity and the lack of a direct target?

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-21, 04:23 PM
For those of you looking to plan out your own posts, here's basically what's going on; Dive Bomb's fire attack went off-target, which saved the guards at the gate/wall from lots of pain. It went on to hit the town, but now it's more like multiple small fires, all individually very easily dealt with, provided the ponies dealing with them aren't distracted. The concussive force of the heat wave probably also wrecked up some windows and knocked over things and ponies outside. If the fires aren't dealt with, then things will Get Bad.

I'll have a proper post up when I'm not completely exhausted.

@Merellis: In the guardhouse, is there still a crossbow trained on Passe, or did that pony turn to shoot at Dawnstrider?

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-21, 04:54 PM
I'm starting to get frightened again. Fire-blasting the entire town in one go seems just a little overpowered to me.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-21, 05:03 PM
I'm starting to get frightened again. Fire-blasting the entire town in one go seems just a little overpowered to me.

Please read my last post. The entire town hasn't gone up in flames, and this is something that can be dealt with.

Additionally, everything that Merellis does goes through me and/or Griff, as we've said before.

Merellis
2014-02-21, 05:39 PM
Please read my last post. The entire town hasn't gone up in flames, and this is something that can be dealt with.

Additionally, everything that Merellis does goes through me and/or Griff, as we've said before.

Which is certainly helping for the whole "Evil villains who are actually competent" thing. :smallcool:

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-21, 08:03 PM

Well, I'm still a little unclear as to how exactly it's doing that. The description given in the main thread makes it sound like it fries everything it hits, including ponies, rather than just setting occasional things on fire, and it seems to have had a wide area of effect given the different places hit. Maybe that could be clarified some more there?

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-21, 09:04 PM
Well, I'm still a little unclear as to how exactly it's doing that. The description given in the main thread makes it sound like it fries everything it hits, including ponies, rather than just setting occasional things on fire, and it seems to have had a wide area of effect given the different places hit. Maybe that could be clarified some more there?

When in doubt, go with what's clarified here. Merellis wants Dive Bomb to divert his flame attack towards the town. I think that's a swell idea, but an inferno wave that engulfs everything in its path is a little much. Thus, we agree on the compromise of "lots of smaller fires that need dealing with." Action proposed, results agreed upon, everypony has good times. And fire.

Personally, I see it as one large heat wave getting broken into smaller heat bursts as Dive Bomb suddenly veers off-course. Those individual bursts scatter, setting fires as they impact on buildings. Of course, that's just my personal mental picture of it; Merellis could have it work totally differently. :smalltongue:

@Merellis: In the guardhouse, is there still a crossbow trained on Passe, or did that pony turn to shoot at Dawnstrider?

Also, still awaiting a response to this question.

Grif
2014-02-21, 10:10 PM
Personally, I see it as one large heat wave getting broken into smaller heat bursts as Dive Bomb suddenly veers off-course. Those individual bursts scatter, setting fires as they impact on buildings. Of course, that's just my personal mental picture of it; Merellis could have it work totally differently. :smalltongue:

You can imagine it like a meteor breaking up to pieces, although I can quite imagine fire doesn't work that way. Also not everything it touches is set on fire, it might have landed on a stone building or wall, but those flammable materiels will get lit fairly quickly.

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-21, 10:29 PM
Thank you. I can work with that.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-21, 10:40 PM
You can imagine it like a meteor breaking up to pieces, although I can quite imagine fire doesn't work that way.

A Wizard Unicorn Pegasus Did It. :smalltongue:

Grif
2014-02-22, 02:18 AM
Will get around the appropriate posts when I'm feeling less addled. @@

Sorry for the delay.

Kelvin360
2014-02-22, 04:28 PM
Where is Dive Bomb going to land

This, too.

Merellis
2014-02-23, 10:32 PM
Oh, looks like my post didn't go through! :smallredface:

There is one crossbow on the little leader there, but the battle with Dawnstrider might distract that one enough.

Dive Bomb is going to be around the hospital, and most likely landed in an alley.

Assuming that sun has fully set by now and that the sudden attack from above, the ruined gates, the army at said gates, and the fires are enough chaos to let him slip through town without too much trouble.

Well, beyond the bat pony. :smalltongue:

MCerberus
2014-02-23, 10:51 PM
So, did the radio operator end up with a concussion in the forest?

Merellis
2014-02-23, 11:34 PM
Working on editing that in right now.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-24, 10:50 AM
Oh, looks like my post didn't go through! :smallredface:

There is one crossbow on the little leader there, but the battle with Dawnstrider might distract that one enough.

Dive Bomb is going to be around the hospital, and most likely landed in an alley.

Assuming that sun has fully set by now and that the sudden attack from above, the ruined gates, the army at said gates, and the fires are enough chaos to let him slip through town without too much trouble.

Well, beyond the bat pony. :smalltongue:

Alright, thanks. I'll be working on the town post and have that up later today.

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-24, 07:29 PM
Say, what's Starbeam going to do in the hospital? I'd like to have that before I post.

Beans
2014-02-24, 07:38 PM
*ponks FF to HALO*

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-24, 08:05 PM
Beans, I think you may have the wrong thread. Were you thinking of here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330406), perhaps?

Kelvin360
2014-02-24, 08:43 PM
Say, what's Starbeam going to do in the hospital? I'd like to have that before I post.

It's going to be at least a round before either of us can really 'act', per se. For now, she's simply on Night Jewel's heels.

Also, it was a little premature when I posted it, it seems, but mind this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16936736&postcount=100) when the Guardhouse is swarmed, Amish.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-24, 09:16 PM
It's going to be at least a round before either of us can really 'act', per se. For now, she's simply on Night Jewel's heels.

Given the critical lack of PCs in that area, I would strongly advise you figure out who is where and when.

Also, it was a little premature when I posted it, it seems, but mind this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16936736&postcount=100) when the Guardhouse is swarmed, Amish.

Aye, that's going to be as they're running in. For now, they can see the Captain and them approaching.

Kelvin360
2014-02-24, 11:00 PM
Given the critical lack of PCs in that area, I would strongly advise you figure out who is where and when.

Actually half my roster is in that building. We've got Taylor in the pantry forcefully clogging the intruders upward, Snowstorm on top of the guards and playing elemental rock-paper-scissors (I'll get to that later) on the third floor, and Starbeam preparing force missiles and magical riot shields on hair-trigger in between those two locations, vertically.

Which...wait. We've established that Starbeam is following Night Jewel. Is she running upstairs, or toward Taylor?

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-24, 11:43 PM
Actually half my roster is in that building. We've got Taylor in the pantry forcefully clogging the intruders upward, Snowstorm on top of the guards and playing elemental rock-paper-scissors (I'll get to that later) on the third floor, and Starbeam preparing force missiles and magical riot shields on hair-trigger in between those two locations, vertically.

Which...wait. We've established that Starbeam is following Night Jewel. Is she running upstairs, or toward Taylor?

Meant to say immediate area. As in that specific hallway. :smalltongue:

Still, we'll see how this plays out. With both Red Shift and Windy Breeze.

PurityIcekiller
2014-02-25, 09:42 AM

Huh. Well, it looks like the ponies there have a chance of surviving after all.

And I kind of specifically said that Night Jewel was pursuing the fleeing Bumble upstairs. She knew that if one of the attackers was trying to get out, either Taylor provided too much resistance or he was already dead. In either case, making sure the culprits don't cause more trouble takes priority over protecting a pony who doesn't need it.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-25, 10:12 PM
Game of Ponies is back up, I have my act together, LET'S DO THIS THING.

*wheelies out*

*immediately faceplants*

Grif
2014-02-26, 04:30 AM
Game of Ponies is back up, I have my act together, LET'S DO THIS THING.

*wheelies out*

*immediately faceplants*

*wheels Sandy out* :smalltongue:

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-26, 09:29 AM
*wheels Sandy out* :smalltongue:

That is a good joke you have made! Ahahahahahahaohgoshthetruthithurts

HalfTangible
2014-02-27, 09:38 AM
Should I just assume Es and Star have switched, then? :smalltongue:

Grif
2014-02-27, 09:48 AM
Should I just assume Es and Star have switched, then? :smalltongue:

Um. Sure? I am sure I replied, yes? :smalltongue:

HalfTangible
2014-02-27, 10:14 AM
Um. Sure? I am sure I replied, yes? :smalltongue:

I dunno. Not last I checked :smalltongue: but okay, soon as I get home.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-27, 10:26 AM
I dunno. Not last I checked :smalltongue: but okay, soon as I get home.

Also, don't forget about Hay Bale in the main thread. I remind you because I completely missed Benson's post for nearly a week. >_<

Merellis
2014-02-27, 10:41 AM
Speaking of which, I have a post for Relay to do, and need to get the hospital scene moving more. As well as getting gate scene moving again. Hmm, shouldn't be too hard to do. Will get it started in 30 min or so then finish it up when the brat is in bed.

Sooo, 8 hours or so from now if I don't run into any pitfalls.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-27, 10:51 AM
Speaking of which, I have a post for Relay to do, and need to get the hospital scene moving more. As well as getting gate scene moving again. Hmm, shouldn't be too hard to do. Will get it started in 30 min or so then finish it up when the brat is in bed.

Sooo, 8 hours or so from now if I don't run into any pitfalls.

Wait, what all still needs doing in the Hospital scene? Descriptions for Night Jewel and Co., or something else?

Merellis
2014-02-27, 10:57 AM
Well, weren't they all on the first floor when Bumble squeezed through the ceiling and headed right up to the third floor?

Then Sure just blasted up to the third, not sure where in relation to the hospital the PC's are currently at, but the backstabbing of the lone guard should only take a moment or two to do.

From there it's a matter of entering a room, finding the target, then simply killing her. Then comes the fun part, escaping with indiana jones theme playing. :smallbiggrin:

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-27, 11:23 AM
Well, weren't they all on the first floor when Bumble squeezed through the ceiling and headed right up to the third floor?

Then Sure just blasted up to the third, not sure where in relation to the hospital the PC's are currently at, but the backstabbing of the lone guard should only take a moment or two to do.

From there it's a matter of entering a room, finding the target, then simply killing her. Then comes the fun part, escaping with indiana jones theme playing. :smallbiggrin:

Problem: Those PCs are inside the hospital. Until their positions are confirmed and posted IC, they might well be turning the corner on this little showdown. Possibly before/as Bumble back stabs Snow.

That might make the rest of the plan more difficult. :smalltongue:

Merellis
2014-02-27, 11:31 AM
Problem: Those PCs are inside the hospital. Until their positions are confirmed and posted IC, they might well be turning the corner on this little showdown. Possibly before/as Bumble back stabs Snow.

That might make the rest of the plan more difficult. :smalltongue:
Yes, but at least Bumble saw which room she came out of. :smallwink:

And difficulty is what makes this so much fun for me! I've got the short side side of the stick and I'm gonna use it to smash and stab knees until I drag the heroes down to my level and figure out a plan. Whether it works or not isn't the issue, only if I can keep charging forwards. Bwhahahaahahaha!

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-27, 11:34 AM
Yes, but at least Bumble saw which room she came out of. :smallwink:

Right; I'm just saying hold off on what happens for the moment, as there might be other characters bursting onto the scene. If nothing else, so that they can witness what goes down.

Plus, this means less work for you at the moment. :smalltongue:

And difficulty is what makes this so much fun for me! I've got the short side side of the stick and I'm gonna use it to smash and stab knees until I drag the heroes down to my level and figure out a plan. Whether it works or not isn't the issue, only if I can keep charging forwards. Bwhahahaahahaha!

Indeed! Have fun, brave heroes! :smallbiggrin:

(But seriously, it is so nice to have competent villains in this game.)

Merellis
2014-02-27, 11:46 AM
Right; I'm just saying hold off on what happens for the moment, as there might be other characters bursting onto the scene. If nothing else, so that they can witness what goes down.

Plus, this means less work for you at the moment. :smalltongue:

Indeed! Have fun, brave heroes! :smallbiggrin:

(But seriously, it is so nice to have competent villains in this game.)

It's so hard to resist though, she's right in between the two at the moment. :smallfrown:

And as for the heroes, do you mean my heroes or your heroes? :smallyuk:

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-27, 11:56 AM
It's so hard to resist though, she's right in between the two at the moment. :smallfrown:

As tempting as the stabbin' is, whether or not there are witnesses will probably have a dramatic effect on what exactly happens to the guard. The DM's life is full of sacrifices; sometimes, you gotta wait a day or so before stabbing somepony.

And as for the heroes, do you mean my heroes or your heroes? :smallyuk:

I'ma go with the ones not about to poison an innocent guard. :smalltongue:

Merellis
2014-02-27, 12:00 PM
As tempting as the stabbin' is, whether or not there are witnesses will probably have a dramatic effect on what exactly happens to the guard. The DM's life is full of sacrifices; sometimes, you gotta wait a day or so before stabbing somepony.

Pure torture. :smalltongue:

But I shall endure for now!

I'ma go with the ones not about to poison an innocent guard. :smalltongue:

Innocent?! She's standing in the way of their righteous goal of killing an evil liar who can say things about their nice organization! Obviously this guard is part of a conspiracy to stop Lord Doth from reaching his harmonious goals.

Okay, said goals do possibly include the harmony being under his command, but it's still harmonious!

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-27, 12:12 PM
Pure torture. :smalltongue:

But I shall endure for now!

Truly, you are the real hero! *wipes away single tear*

Innocent?! She's standing in the way of their righteous goal of killing an evil liar who can say things about their nice organization! Obviously this guard is part of a conspiracy to stop Lord Doth from reaching his harmonious goals.

Okay, said goals do possibly include the harmony being under his command, but it's still harmonious!

Those darn conspiracy nuts. Seems like the whole town's full of them these days, don't it?

Kelvin360
2014-02-27, 05:49 PM
I'm gonna be super clear, because I feel like I'm causing a stall.

Snowstorm is literally right next to the hapless guard, incidentally. She was just talking to him (upon re-reading the post, she was speaking to a nurse in the room itself) before the explosion. Starbeam hasn't had dialogue (in fact, I haven't posted at all yet) for two reasons. One, Purity is way better at scene setups than I am. And two, I actually can't post by the gates until he does, because the action there hinges entirely on what Blueshield is doing.

So yeah. The sinking feeling that people are waiting on me still has been bugging me for days, and I thought I should really really make sure everyone knows what I'm doing.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-27, 06:39 PM
Snowstorm is literally right next to the hapless guard, incidentally. She was just talking to him (upon re-reading the post, she was speaking to a nurse in the room itself) before the explosion. Starbeam hasn't had dialogue (in fact, I haven't posted at all yet) for two reasons. One, Purity is way better at scene setups than I am. And two, I actually can't post by the gates until he does, because the action there hinges entirely on what Blueshield is doing.

Which room is this? I just checked back through the posts, and I can't find mention of Snowstorm being in that particular room.

Grif
2014-02-27, 06:42 PM
I'm gonna be super clear, because I feel like I'm causing a stall.

So yeah. The sinking feeling that people are waiting on me still has been bugging me for days, and I thought I should really really make sure everyone knows what I'm doing.

Wait what? Since when she's there? :smallconfused:

Kelvin360
2014-02-27, 06:54 PM
Post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16869255&postcount=64)

In retrospect I readily admit that I should have been way clearer, but the implication was that she stopped for directions after checking everywhere else by herself. Also noteworthy is that she knows the hospital is a target, and now that our equivalent of mortar shells are flying, being wherever armed guards are is a safe bet to serve as a roadblock, especially since Taylor and Starbeam have a lock on the bottom floor. Random hospital wings don't get escorts while alarm bells are ringing, and if one's there, she's sticking around. That explosion just sealed the deal. If there's no point in being at the exit (since that's where she thinks Starbeam still is), bonding to an objective like glue is the next best thing.

Also of note is that I wasn't privy to the information she was. I knew about the guard, I knew about the escapee. But I didn't know their exact location, only that it's where Snowstorm would be stopping to keep an extra few second's eyes on threats. Thus 'Elsewhere', not 'Third Floor'.

That said, she's inside the room, not standing around in the hall. That would be worse than useless. If the door is closed, that guard is still dead.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and that 'invenire gladiator' comment that was glossed over should have put the entire hospital on red alert for ponies moving away from the pantry, not those still within, regardless of whether they actually know who all was in there (which wasn't addressed either).

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-27, 11:00 PM
Post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16869255&postcount=64)

In retrospect I readily admit that I should have been way clearer, but the implication was that she stopped for directions after checking everywhere else by herself. Also noteworthy is that she knows the hospital is a target, and now that our equivalent of mortar shells are flying, being wherever armed guards are is a safe bet to serve as a roadblock, especially since Taylor and Starbeam have a lock on the bottom floor. Random hospital wings don't get escorts while alarm bells are ringing, and if one's there, she's sticking around. That explosion just sealed the deal. If there's no point in being at the exit (since that's where she thinks Starbeam still is), bonding to an objective like glue is the next best thing.

Also of note is that I wasn't privy to the information she was. I knew about the guard, I knew about the escapee. But I didn't know their exact location, only that it's where Snowstorm would be stopping to keep an extra few second's eyes on threats. Thus 'Elsewhere', not 'Third Floor'.

That said, she's inside the room, not standing around in the hall. That would be worse than useless. If the door is closed, that guard is still dead.

*deep breath*

This causes a lot of problems.

Yes, we accidentally overlooked Snowstorm's question to a random nurse. See below, we have a lot going on in this game right now, mistakes happen. That being said, I don't recall ever being poked once about missing her question. If it's clear that we've overlooked something, then you have to let us know before we move on, lest we lose track of characters and end up in a situation like this one. Now that several rounds have passed, any retcons we do are going to have to be jimmied awkwardly in alongside everything that's happened thus far.

Furthermore, Snowstorm's done absolutely nothing the entire time she's supposedly been in this room. Meanwhile, the town guard stationed in the same room has:

-Heard suspicious noises outside, including magical blasts and sounds of fighting.
-Opened the door slightly and called out to see who's there.
-Encountered Bumble in the hallway and had a (brief) back-and-forth with her.
-Seen Sure Strike burst out through the floor, and start to face off with her.

Grif and I assumed she was in another part of the hospital because she reacted to none of this. In fact, the post you linked to was the last we've seen of her all month. If she really was in the room the whole time, why hasn't she done anything?

Grif, Merellis, and I have been planning and steering scenes under the assumption that no PCs were with Windy Breeze. Now, all those plans are moot, because Snowstorm is suddenly not only present in the room, but has been there for the last few rounds. This puts us in a tough spot, because now whatever we rule is going to dramatically affect the outcome of this sequence one way or another. If we rule that Snowstorm has been there all along, then suddenly all the tension we've been building towards is gone. If we rule she wasn't there, and the villains go on to succeed, it looks like we're actively sabotaging your efforts. It's a proper lose-lose situation for us.

To be 100% honest, I do not know how I am going to rule this. However, I thought it necessary to bring these points to your attention, and give you the chance to address them.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and that 'invenire gladiator' comment that was glossed over should have put the entire hospital on red alert for ponies moving away from the pantry, not those still within, regardless of whether they actually know who all was in there (which wasn't addressed either).

Actually, the hospital did react to that. Everypony was taking cover and shutting their doors, which is why Bumble didn't encounter anypony on her little exploration through the hospital. True, we didn't handle it super-explicitly, because we have 7+ scenes going on right now and we can't go into incredible detail in every one of them.

And that leads into my last comment; Grif and I are only human. We're dealing with a ton of scenes - some of which are in the same building - and both of us have full-time jobs on top of this game. We try our best to address every single post and respond to every single action, but we're not perfect. We make mistakes. Things slip our minds. But above all, we never intentionally ignore posts. If we've missed something, or you think we haven't reacted properly to your character's actions? Then post in the OOC without delay or hesitation; that's part of the reason we keep this darn thread around in the first place. Otherwise, unless we get really lucky and happen to re-read the right post, we're never going to catch our mistakes.

Kelvin360
2014-02-28, 12:23 AM
*deep breath*

This causes a lot of problems.

Yes, we accidentally overlooked Snowstorm's question to a random nurse. See below, we have a lot going on in this game right now, mistakes happen. That being said, I don't recall ever being poked once about missing her question. If it's clear that we've overlooked something, then you have to let us know before we move on, lest we lose track of characters and end up in a situation like this one. Now that several rounds have passed, any retcons we do are going to have to be jimmied awkwardly in alongside everything that's happened thus far.

Not to be mean, but this isn't the first time this has happened. The only time Snowstorm hasn't been brushed aside in the main thread in recent memory was during the meeting with Captain, and I had three other characters in there. And the last time (when she went to see the weatherponies) I reminded people twice, in fact, and it still kind of...dissipated. I felt a little like I shouldn't come over and badger everyone in the future if it wasn't that big a deal. Which, whew, talk about misestimations.

Furthermore, Snowstorm's done absolutely nothing the entire time she's supposedly been in this room. Meanwhile, the town guard stationed in the same room has:

-Heard suspicious noises outside, including magical blasts and sounds of fighting.
-Opened the door slightly and called out to see who's there.
-Encountered Bumble in the hallway and had a (brief) back-and-forth with her.
-Seen Sure Strike burst out through the floor, and start to face off with her.

Grif and I assumed she was in another part of the hospital because she reacted to none of this. In fact, the post you linked to was the last we've seen of her all month. If she really was in the room the whole time, why hasn't she done anything?

The first, my linked post refers explicitly to, and the last has occurred between my last post and my next one, meaning I haven't even had the chance to react yet.

She hasn't done anything because really, there was nothing to do. As of last round, she doesn't know who's out there and has no reason to suspect it's a hostile if the guard isn't freaking out. Snowflake looks like she's just quizzing an orderly, and since she knows those explosions came from Taylor, she assumes he has the situation in control until another shoe drops. Honestly? With everything else, and without a hook, and on a timeline, I skipped her. The paragraph would have consisted of a flowery rendering of 'she stands around, eying the nurse in sudden catatonic shock' or something cute, and I'm not a monologue poster.

This whole fracas is pretty solidly my bad, but just like with the wall, I find myself asking 'what was I supposed to do?'. And just like with the wall, I kept/keep having a sneaking suspicion that the answer was something obvious I could've asked about, but never did.

Grif, Merellis, and I have been planning and steering scenes under the assumption that no PCs were with Windy Breeze. Now, all those plans are moot, because Snowstorm is suddenly not only present in the room, but has been there for the last few rounds. This puts us in a tough spot, because now whatever we rule is going to dramatically affect the outcome of this sequence one way or another. If we rule that Snowstorm has been there all along, then suddenly all the tension we've been building towards is gone. If we rule she wasn't there, and the villains go on to succeed, it looks like we're actively sabotaging your efforts. It's a proper lose-lose situation for us.

I know absolutely nobody comes to me for tactical advisory or combat techniques, but Bumble and Sure Strike have won regardless of whether Snowstorm is actually in there. Killing their target and making this a net loss for the good guys, which is actually the best way I think this can end, is effectively inevitable. The only difference she makes is whether Sure Strike has to spend a few seconds playing keep-away while Bumble doles out the poison to...everyone.

Full credit to the way Merellis is handling this and where it's going, but...guys. The only thing that happens if Snow is in there is that it's even closer to what you want then before. You brought up tension, but Snowflake is clearly on death row, and after she croaks the duo gets free reign to walk up and down the intense security of...a few nurses. Curb-stomp battles can be awesome, but rarely tense. If you can forgive my sarcasm, all she does is air an illusion of danger.

In all honesty, at this point, purely to salvage plans I'm admittedly not privy to, I'm down with a throwaway explanation about how Snowstorm dove out a window to help combat the fires. But working just inside of what I know, this situation provides a climax regardless of the time jumble.

Actually, the hospital did react to that. Everypony was taking cover and shutting their doors, which is why Bumble didn't encounter anypony on her little exploration through the hospital. True, we didn't handle it super-explicitly, because we have 7+ scenes going on right now and we can't go into incredible detail in every one of them.

And that leads into my last comment; Grif and I are only human. We're dealing with a ton of scenes - some of which are in the same building - and both of us have full-time jobs on top of this game. We try our best to address every single post and respond to every single action, but we're not perfect. We make mistakes. Things slip our minds. But above all, we never intentionally ignore posts. If we've missed something, or you think we haven't reacted properly to your character's actions? Then post in the OOC without delay or hesitation; that's part of the reason we keep this darn thread around in the first place. Otherwise, unless we get really lucky and happen to re-read the right post, we're never going to catch our mistakes.

I know, Amish. And I get where you're coming from. Clarity issues happen, it's not the end of the world. I'm certainly not helping in that regard, either.

Summary: I chickened out when this could have been avoided posthaste, my communication issues definitely need work, and because of it we have a time barrier of a few seconds but - and this probably shoots away any goodwill the previous four sentences produced - I don't understand how this is an apocalypse. I screwed up, but worse things could have come of it. Logistics matter, but as I said, Snowstorm doesn't affect the outcome aside from adding drama which I, as a drama llama, am honor-bound to at least offer.

That having been said, I'll put this back here...

And just like with the wall, I kept/keep having a sneaking suspicion that the answer was something obvious I could've asked about, but never did.

So aside from taking your OOC thread advice and making an effort to make locations and actions more crystalline, what can I do to keep something like this from coming up as an issue in the future?

Grif
2014-02-28, 01:09 AM
So aside from taking your OOC thread advice and making an effort to make locations and actions more crystalline, what can I do to keep something like this from coming up as an issue in the future?

Will reply more once I digest it properly, but this here needs answering.

Poke. Seriously, just poke if we appear to have brushed you over. Or even if you have doubts about what's happening, just ask and poke us. I much rather have an entire page of Q&A than a repeat of this, because then I'd feel like I just left someone out deliberately.

Also, I don't get why you're dismissing Snowstorm's influence right there. I honestly don't. The bad guys have literal seconds to do their work before everypony barges in to ruin the party. Even a delay would tip the outcome unfavourably.

You brought up tension, but Snowflake is clearly on death row, and after she croaks the duo gets free reign to walk up and down the intense security of...a few nurses. Curb-stomp battles can be awesome, but rarely tense. If you can forgive my sarcasm, all she does is air an illusion of danger.

This one confuses me the most.

TheAmishPirate
2014-02-28, 09:43 AM
Not to be mean, but this isn't the first time this has happened. The only time Snowstorm hasn't been brushed aside in the main thread in recent memory was during the meeting with Captain, and I had three other characters in there. And the last time (when she went to see the weatherponies) I reminded people twice, in fact, and it still kind of...dissipated. I felt a little like I shouldn't come over and badger everyone in the future if it wasn't that big a deal. Which, whew, talk about misestimations.

Trust me, I know that feel. >_>

Back when the FO:E game was alive and kicking, whatever group Fleetwing was in seemed to have a target painted on it for delays, people forgetting to post, and every manner of mishap imaginable. It's a terrible feeling, and the main cure I've found is pokes, open communication, and attentive DMs.

I know absolutely nobody comes to me for tactical advisory or combat techniques, but Bumble and Sure Strike have won regardless of whether Snowstorm is actually in there. Killing their target and making this a net loss for the good guys, which is actually the best way I think this can end, is effectively inevitable. The only difference she makes is whether Sure Strike has to spend a few seconds playing keep-away while Bumble doles out the poison to...everyone.

Full credit to the way Merellis is handling this and where it's going, but...guys. The only thing that happens if Snow is in there is that it's even closer to what you want then before. You brought up tension, but Snowflake is clearly on death row, and after she croaks the duo gets free reign to walk up and down the intense security of...a few nurses. Curb-stomp battles can be awesome, but rarely tense. If you can forgive my sarcasm, all she does is air an illusion of danger.

There's a few factors that make this less of a runaway victory for the villains, though the advantage is clearly theirs at the moment:

1: Bumble's poison needles have to be dug out of her feathers. Effectively speaking, it's difficult for her to have a weapon "readied" due to the prep time.
2: Windy Breeze is - thankfully - no longer in a state of catatonic PTSD. She understands that freezing up = death, and she does not want to die.
3: The villains are on a schedule. Their cover has been blown, and it's only a matter of time before backup arrives. (Though they don't yet realize backup has already arrived, and is also actively scanning the windows looking for them.) They'd rather this not be a suicide mission, and time is of the essence for them.

The villains are giving it their all, and have ended up in an advantageous position. It is not, however, a crushing advantage. All hope isn't lost, but you'd better be prepared to fight for the good outcomes.

In other words, gosh darnit is it nice to have good villains again. :smallbiggrin:

In all honesty, at this point, purely to salvage plans I'm admittedly not privy to, I'm down with a throwaway explanation about how Snowstorm dove out a window to help combat the fires. But working just inside of what I know, this situation provides a climax regardless of the time jumble.

This is actually a pretty reasonable compromise. Snowstorm was in the hospital, spied Dive Bomb's attack about to hit, and took off to assist. She dodged fireballs, and was just helping the weather team get their rain going when she notices Hawk Shot and her guards securing the hospital. She mentally facehooves ("Can I just have two seconds uninterrupted to do something useful?!") and makes a beeline for the hospital. She'll end up arriving a round or two after Night Jewel and Starbeam appear on the scene.

How does that sound to folks?

Well...

Poke. Seriously, just poke if we appear to have brushed you over. Or even if you have doubts about what's happening, just ask and poke us. I much rather have an entire page of Q&A than a repeat of this, because then I'd feel like I just left someone out deliberately.

Also, I don't get why you're dismissing Snowstorm's influence right there. I honestly don't. The bad guys have literal seconds to do their work before everypony barges in to ruin the party. Even a delay would tip the outcome unfavourably.

...pretty much that.

I know and understand the worry behind poking. The person might have a good excuse, they might be having a rough week, this might not be what they need to hear right now, etc. In my time spent doing PBP, there's two things I've come to understand:

1: PBP games - be they freeform or structured - are a commitment. You are making an unspoken contract with the DM and the other players that you will post in a timely and regular manner, acknowledge the input of the other players, and give notice if possible when Life prevents you from posting. If somebody is accidentally ignoring your posts or not posting without explanation, then that's breaking that contract. Your poking them isn't you being a bother, it's reminding them of a commitment they made. Doesn't make it fun or any less uncomfortable, but it helps to put your poking in perspective.

2: The easiest way to ward off rudeness/pushiness is to always be open for a reasonable explanation. At the end of the day, we're all on the same side; we'd like to play an awesome pony game and tell great stories through it. By not assuming malice, your pokes become understanding reminders instead of pecking scourges.

For me, I generally wait two days before poking, unless I already know what that person's situation is. It is a good rule that has served me well.

Grif
2014-02-28, 10:47 AM
Focusing on the short term problem of Snowstorm, there's a few questions that need to be answered before we can potentially work out where to slot her into the story. I apologise for not wading through your posts, but I feel I rather not risk another misunderstanding.

1) How did she know/hear Taylor's cry from three floors up? (Third floor from first floor.) Does she have super hearing?

2) Why was she on the third floor to begin with? One would expect her to ask the receptionist/staff on the first floor, instead of bothering the staff on the upper floor. There's a reason why hospitals have visiting hours: to let the staff do their work without having random ponies wander about.

3) How did she know Windy was a target? Until the attack started some three rounds before, there was no indication that she was a target and indeed it could have just been the bad guys taking the opportunity to wreck havoc in the hospital for their own nefarious purpose.

4) If Snowstorm was indeed on the third floor (suspending my disbelief here for a moment), what was she doing? Aside from badgering a nurse? Was she there on a social visit?

5) Following no.4, what do you think she would be doing in those two rounds?

Kelvin360
2014-03-01, 05:31 PM
This is actually a pretty reasonable compromise. Snowstorm was in the hospital, spied Dive Bomb's attack about to hit, and took off to assist. She dodged fireballs, and was just helping the weather team get their rain going when she notices Hawk Shot and her guards securing the hospital. She mentally facehooves ("Can I just have two seconds uninterrupted to do something useful?!") and makes a beeline for the hospital. She'll end up arriving a round or two after Night Jewel and Starbeam appear on the scene.

How does that sound to folks?

Spotted, noted, and stolen without mercy.

I know and understand the worry behind poking. The person might have a good excuse, they might be having a rough week, this might not be what they need to hear right now, etc. In my time spent doing PBP, there's two things I've come to understand:

1: PBP games - be they freeform or structured - are a commitment. You are making an unspoken contract with the DM and the other players that you will post in a timely and regular manner, acknowledge the input of the other players, and give notice if possible when Life prevents you from posting. If somebody is accidentally ignoring your posts or not posting without explanation, then that's breaking that contract. Your poking them isn't you being a bother, it's reminding them of a commitment they made. Doesn't make it fun or any less uncomfortable, but it helps to put your poking in perspective.

2: The easiest way to ward off rudeness/pushiness is to always be open for a reasonable explanation. At the end of the day, we're all on the same side; we'd like to play an awesome pony game and tell great stories through it. By not assuming malice, your pokes become understanding reminders instead of pecking scourges.

For me, I generally wait two days before poking, unless I already know what that person's situation is. It is a good rule that has served me well.

Spotted, noted, and stolen without mercy! I'll set this on my desktop and make an attempt to enforce it for my posting methodology. Odds are, something like this could happen again at some point, but hopefully it won't be as bad.

I won't really comment on the counter to my 'inevitable victory' theory, but is it bad that I kind of want them to win here?

First, 'everypony' is exactly two individuals, one of whom just performed a tiring magical ritual and the other of which is a pacifist. Second, she's an open-air specialist whose special talent is cold weather who would be fighting in an enclosed space that is suddenly both very hot and very arid. It only takes one of the two to perform the actions they need to, and she can barely hold off one of them in that context, let alone both.

Focusing on the short term problem of Snowstorm, there's a few questions that need to be answered before we can potentially work out where to slot her into the story. I apologise for not wading through your posts, but I feel I rather not risk another misunderstanding.

1) How did she know/hear Taylor's cry from three floors up? (Third floor from first floor.) Does she have super hearing?

I know from experience that it isn't that hard if the person shouting doesn't have a lung disease. If those on the third floor can hear the explosion well enough to know that it's an explosion and not just a faint thud, they can hear this. Also, Taylor's ability to speak very loudly, very clearly, and grab attention while doing so has been noted before.

2) Why was she on the third floor to begin with? One would expect her to ask the receptionist/staff on the first floor, instead of bothering the staff on the upper floor. There's a reason why hospitals have visiting hours: to let the staff do their work without having random ponies wander about.

If it hadn't been for the guard, she wouldn't have bothered. She searched the building and saw Snowflake, and her thought process was thus:

'Okay, I know they're keeping a tactical asset in the hospital, and random ponies don't get a guard detail. I also know that the town is under attack, and as such, even if it turns out to be unnecessary, it's a good idea to ensure said asset's safety. I'm going in under the precept of looking for Taylor so that I can stick around and act as a buffer to the defense until I'm needed elsewhere or this blows over.'

3) How did she know Windy was a target? Until the attack started some three rounds before, there was no indication that she was a target and indeed it could have just been the bad guys taking the opportunity to wreck havoc in the hospital for their own nefarious purpose.

See above. Non-important ponies don't get guard details. HOWEVER. It is important to note that she doesn't know Windy is the important pony, just the room has a very high probability of containing one. Also, she doesn't know Windy is a target, necessarily, just that it's a bad idea to take a chance that whoever-this-is will get injured if the fracas shifts to the Hospital.

5) Following no.4, what do you think she would be doing in those two rounds?

Round 1: Finding any and all ways to stick around. It's not hard to badger your way through the small details for six seconds, especially under the precept of the exacts of Dr. Sunshine's location and departure, for example.

Round 2: Explosion hits, which fulfills the 'needed elsewhere' priority mentioned earlier. She dives out a window and makes to firefight when she notes the guards and starts backpedalling. I pretty much ripped this straight from Amish's suggestion.

Grif
2014-03-02, 08:57 AM
Round 1: Finding any and all ways to stick around. It's not hard to badger your way through the small details for six seconds, especially under the precept of the exacts of Dr. Sunshine's location and departure, for example.

Round 2: Explosion hits, which fulfills the 'needed elsewhere' priority mentioned earlier. She dives out a window and makes to firefight when she notes the guards and starts backpedalling. I pretty much ripped this straight from Amish's suggestion.

Thank you. Between this and the chat we had, this cleared things up a lot. :smallsmile:

Now let's get this show back on the road!

Kelvin360
2014-03-02, 03:42 PM
While we're at it, should we start moving the Cirrus scenes to the Miscellaneous thread, so stuff here is less likely to get lost?

Grif
2014-03-03, 09:50 AM
While we're at it, should we start moving the Cirrus scenes to the Miscellaneous thread, so stuff here is less likely to get lost?

Considering that our Manehattan scenes were on hold due to Orzel's and Mindfreak's absence, that sounds reasonable.

TheAmishPirate
2014-03-04, 01:12 PM
Poking Purity and MCerberus to the Game of Ponies thread.

Merellis
2014-03-04, 04:19 PM
Heading home, will post tonight hopefully.

TheAmishPirate
2014-03-05, 10:26 AM
Random question, but have we ever decided if the guardhouse is a single-story or multi-story building?

Merellis
2014-03-05, 10:33 AM
Failed to post last night, have it worked out and just need to sit down and finish it so it should be up tonight if all goes well!

Grif
2014-03-05, 11:30 AM
Random question, but have we ever decided if the guardhouse is a single-story or multi-story building?

Multistory, most likely. You do need space for common rooms, offices, barracks, etc.

TheAmishPirate
2014-03-05, 11:53 AM
Multistory, most likely. You do need space for common rooms, offices, barracks, etc.

Sense makes.

Orzel
2014-03-05, 08:08 PM
Hey.
Crazy life has ended so I can RP again.

Although my computer is still dead.

TheAmishPirate
2014-03-05, 08:40 PM
Hey.

http://iambrony.steeph.tp-radio.de/mlp/gif/gasp.gif?1311686386

http://tgchan.org/kusaba/meep/src/135062886922.gif

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd430/BlazeHonoo/4189-animatedfluttershyglomppinkie_pierainbow_dashspike-1.gif

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/350/0/f/s03e07_pinkie_pie_hugging_rd_gif_by_epicjoyboy-d5o7mtq.gif

http://derpicdn.net/media/W1siZiIsIjIwMTIvMDcvMDIvMTNfMThfNDJfNDM0XzI4NTA3X1 9zYWZlX3BpbmtpZV9waWVfZmx1dHRlcnNoeV9yYXJpdHlfYW5p bWF0ZWRfaHVnIl1d/28507__safe_pinkie%2Bpie_fluttershy_rarity_animate d_hug_putting%2Byour%2Bhoof%2Bdown.gif

Missed ya tons, Orzel. Glad to have you back. :smallsmile:

Grif
2014-03-05, 09:39 PM
Hey.

Oh my god.

*MASSIVE HUG*
:smallbiggrin:

Lycan 01
2014-03-05, 09:41 PM
Welcome back. :smallbiggrin:

Kelvin360
2014-03-05, 09:45 PM
All riiiiight. Now we can embarrass Sandy even more! Always good to have you on the crew, Orzel.

PurityIcekiller
2014-03-05, 09:57 PM
War brig Welcome back, Orzel! You've been missed.

Merellis
2014-03-05, 11:55 PM
Posted reply, will fix any issues and address any questions tomorrow. FOr now, sleep time. :smallsigh:

TheAmishPirate
2014-03-06, 12:07 AM
Now that you're back Orzel, if you'd like a detailed refresher on what's currently going on just say so.

In general...
-The town has been under attack by Doth's forces. The town is holding for now, though a few fires have sprung up. The Cirrus has been ordered to hold position.
-During the invasion, two strike teams came into the town to assassinate various targets. They have yet to succeed.
-Sandy is meeting with Balboa about...mysterious things. AIDA went with him.
-The rest of the Cirrus crew is bumming about, wondering what to do about the vamponies.
-In the Backstage thread - new thread! - ponies have been doing all manner of Hearth's Warming shenanigans, Cirrus crew included.
-In Game of Ponies, the investigation team continues to plod along.

Benson
2014-03-06, 03:04 AM
:thog: Indeed, welcome back. Many hugs, ya were missed !!

TheAmishPirate
2014-03-08, 10:17 PM
Ughhhh, I'm sorry, but the town post from me is going to have to wait until tomorrow. Daylight Savings Time + family obligations means that it's only about 1/4 done. Should be up tomorrow afternoon when I get back from church.

MCerberus
2014-03-08, 11:03 PM
sorry I haven't been around this week. I've been putting out fires (just sisters, grandmother not getting along, petty stuff, but I somehow am the family arbiter as the youngest adult around) and then I had a couple of posts eaten by the forum and just lost it.

Posting nowish.

did I miss anything in the forest in the main thread?

TheAmishPirate
2014-03-08, 11:14 PM
sorry I haven't been around this week. I've been putting out fires (just sisters, grandmother not getting along, petty stuff, but I somehow am the family arbiter as the youngest adult around) and then I had a couple of posts eaten by the forum and just lost it.

Posting nowish.

did I miss anything in the forest in the main thread?

Sorry to hear that. :smallfrown:

Staccata just clonked out that radio guy, check Merellis' last post. There's also some griffons firing muskets somewhere in the forests near the walls. Also responded in the Game of Ponies thread.

Grif
2014-03-08, 11:54 PM
Just a note, MCerberus, I think Relay's one of those type of unicorns that transmits messages through psychic waves/magic, rather than relying on a radio per se. Might want to take that into account.

Grif
2014-03-13, 02:10 AM
*whistles*

So. Quite the lull recently.

TheAmishPirate
2014-03-13, 08:37 AM
*whistles*

So. Quite the lull recently.

Indeed. What have folks been up to as of late?

As for me, I'm actually going on vacation starting tomorrow afternoon and through next Monday evening. I might be checking the forums on my phone, but I probably won't be posting much - if at all - during that period.

TheAmishPirate
2014-03-13, 01:52 PM
Double post gooooooooo!

So, seeing how Mindfreak left and Orzel has real-life and computer woes plaguing him, Grif and I figured it'd be interesting to get some new faces onboard the Cirrus. To that end, I'm going to drawing up a character sheet for Fleetwing - from the FO:E RP what died - and Purity will do the same with Violetta. Lycan also has a thing maybe in the works. Either way, we should be having some new faces onboard the good ship soon. :smallsmile:

So with that in mind, I'll kick off the initial character planning/brainstorm:

I figure it'd make a fun reversal for Violetta to be the one to find Fleetwing, and not the other way around like in FO:E. One day while she was out on field work in the wilderness, she came upon him beaten and bruised. After taking back to her lab and nursing him back to health, he vowed to assist her to repay her kindness. After all, what researcher couldn't benefit from the help of Equestria's premier wilderness expert? Now he works as her official errand-runner and unofficial guinea pig. Whenever she needs something from the wilderness - or needs somepony to sample a potion for her - she goes to him.

What she doesn't realize is that his claims of being a master outdoorspony are, in short, complete manure. Whenever he's asked to get something, he goes and hires somepony else to get it for him. Usually with 99% of the pay Violetta gives him. Sadly, he can't pay anypony to taste potions for him. :smalltongue:

But still, life was good. He had a home, a steady job, and was helping out one of Equestria's brightest mages. Until one fateful morning, they opened the lab to find ponies in black suits with an offer for them...

Grif
2014-03-13, 08:59 PM
Until one fateful morning, they opened the lab to find ponies in black suits with an offer for them...

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN. :smallbiggrin:

Lycan 01
2014-03-15, 01:45 AM
I'm sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I think it may be my turn with Prose in the bar in the CUT thread, actually. But I think it may be best if y'all kinda move on without me for a bit. Things at home have been very tiresome and stressful lately (I'm pretty much the main caretaker of my ailing mother, three yappy and demandings dogs, and an entire house's worth of cleaning and maintenance), so my time and focus has been very harried. As such, my posting in pbp games has suffered a bit, and I realize I've probably been holding up a scene or two. And for that, I apologize. :smallsigh:

So yeah, feel free to ignore Prose for a bit in the Backstage game, especially since it'd be kinda in character for him to blend in and silently observe for awhile, anyway.

I'll still be watching the main game like a hawk, though, for whenever it's Prose's turn there again. Looking forward to seeing how things go between him and Dive Bomb. :smallamused:

Grif
2014-03-15, 05:11 AM
I'm sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I think it may be my turn with Prose in the bar in the CUT thread, actually. But I think it may be best if y'all kinda move on without me for a bit. Things at home have been very tiresome and stressful lately (I'm pretty much the main caretaker of my ailing mother, three yappy and demandings dogs, and an entire house's worth of cleaning and maintenance), so my time and focus has been very harried. As such, my posting in pbp games has suffered a bit, and I realize I've probably been holding up a scene or two. And for that, I apologize. :smallsigh:

So yeah, feel free to ignore Prose for a bit in the Backstage game, especially since it'd be kinda in character for him to blend in and silently observe for awhile, anyway.

I'll still be watching the main game like a hawk, though, for whenever it's Prose's turn there again. Looking forward to seeing how things go between him and Dive Bomb. :smallamused:

Ah, sorry to hear that. As always, don't worry about the RP if real-life is getting you down. We'll be here when you're feeling better. I'm quite sure we're just going through a phase where everyone is inevitably dealing with something at the moment.

*hugs* :smallsmile:

Merellis
2014-03-16, 10:08 PM
Don't worry Lycan, this shall be fun! :smallamused:

TO THE DEATH, KNAVE! :smallfurious:

Not really. Posting tomorrow morning when I can, got parts of it done now, but just not in the state of mind for typing anymore.

TheAmishPirate
2014-03-17, 10:39 PM
Back from vacation. Posts will filter in over the next day or so as I get caught up.

TheAmishPirate
2014-03-21, 10:46 AM
Welp. Looks like our good friend Forum Outage is back to pay us a visit. :smallsigh:

Get what posts in that you can, and I'll keep track of who's waiting on what for when we return. Expect a storm of pokes once the forums return.

And on that note, waiting on Purity to make the next move with Night Jewel in the Backstage thread.

Merellis
2014-03-31, 07:57 AM
Forums are back, will re-read and get responses up tonight!

TheAmishPirate
2014-03-31, 08:44 AM
Welcome back!

To the best of my knowledge, here are the relevant scenes, and who is up where:

-Backstage is a mess of scenes, please say who you are waiting for and where.
-Sandy is waiting on Balboa (Benson) in the main thread.
-Hay Bale is waiting on the gardener (Benson) in the main thread
-Most main battle scenes are waiting on Merellis
-Manehatten scene in the Misc. Adventures thread is waiting on Benson
-I will be making a post soon in the Misc. Adventures thread to set the stage for the Cirrus to continue dealing with its vampony problems. In the future, Cirrus scenes will be in the Misc. Adventures thread to help distinguish them from the main town.

If I've forgotten anything, please chime in.

Grif
2014-03-31, 10:17 AM
Right. Good to see you guys. :smallsmile:

Will get relevant responses up if need be.

HalfTangible
2014-03-31, 10:28 AM
Waiting on Grif in the backstage thread.

Grif
2014-04-01, 12:39 AM
For those (currently Staccata, Tyol and Lemongrass, Snowstorm, Prose and Blueshield) at the bar, do you mind if Shell Shock and Wrench crashes the party? :smalltongue:

If not, he's just going to do the table-flipping routine elsewhere.

PurityIcekiller
2014-04-01, 01:49 AM
I'm baaaaack! This new layout sure will take getting used to.

Anyway, I've posted in Backstage, and will add to Game of Ponies when I have the chance. For now, here's a summary of what's going on.

Blades and Flare (Main) along with anypony else of mine not mentioned, are not currently in an ongoing scene, and will reappear when made relevant.
Blueshield (Main) is at the front gates awaiting an update in status from Merellis before continuing.
Night Jewel (Main) is upstairs at the hospital trying to figure out what's going on, and waiting for Bumble and Sure Strike to react to her.
Blades (Backstage) is with Stellar and Starbeam, trying to figure out what to do.
Flare (Backstage) is building a pair of awfully familiar snowponies with Arvadraa.
Blueshield (Backstage) is with the bar group. While she is currently conversing with Staccata, other present ponies should also get a chance to act.
Night Jewel (Backstage) is all set for an usher position and only waiting for Sandy to be ready.

For those (currently Staccata, Tyol and Lemongrass, Snowstorm, Prose and Blueshield) at the bar, do you mind if Shell Shock and Wrench crashes the party? :smalltongue:

If not, he's just going to do the table-flipping routine elsewhere.

Well, there's kind of already some things going on there, and I don't really want to get overwhelmed. Still, if the rest of the group wants, I can go with it.

Merellis
2014-04-03, 07:06 AM
Sorry for tonight, work has been kicking my butt all over as we get the new office set up, and it's tax season. Today is the last day of work for the week so I'll be pounding out the mega-post tonight and maybe getting someone to read it over so it looks coherent. My apologies for once again making the lot of you wait on me. :smallsigh:

Next villain should just been the damn Smooze, nothing complicated, just a wave of death and despair. :smallmad:

MCerberus
2014-04-03, 09:42 PM
So idea for a Cirrus temp if we're still looking at that.

Name: Sergeant Whadda "White Noise" Scoops
Specialty: Recon, Surveillance, and [redacted] using large bladed weaponry
History: Initially a military photo taker and in-house reporter, transferred to [redacted], [redacted] in supporting [redacted], [black ink] Cheese Cutlets
Recommendation: Another misfit due to the motor mouth, inexplicably competent in spite of this, and possibly an unexplained medical mystery. Plus this assignment keeps her away from the resource black holes of certain titled beings -[redacted]

PurityIcekiller
2014-04-03, 10:07 PM
Well, I liked her before, so I think I'll like her in this setting. Fine with me.

Say, I really ought to work on Violetta's profile.

TheAmishPirate
2014-04-03, 10:57 PM
Well, I liked her before, so I think I'll like her in this setting. Fine with me.

Say, I really ought to work on Violetta's profile.

Do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. :smallbiggrin:

Grif
2014-04-03, 11:20 PM
Do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. :smallbiggrin:

Do I smell adventure? :smalltongue:

MCerberus
2014-04-03, 11:56 PM

Caffeine-powered motormouth mares are always drawn to adventure.
If they don't run out of coffee.

She may have to find a new internal conflict though. There's not as much "blarg you're not allowed to act morally due to orders."

TheAmishPirate
2014-04-04, 08:07 AM

At the very least, you smell a bigger Cirrus crew. :smalltongue:

Visiting some friends this weekend, posting will be non-existent until Monday. Try not to throw too many riots. :smallbiggrin:

Grif
2014-04-04, 12:03 PM
Have fun over there! :smallbiggrin:

Grif
2014-04-07, 05:44 AM
Well, there's kind of already some things going on there, and I don't really want to get overwhelmed. Still, if the rest of the group wants, I can go with it.

Seeing as only Purity responded, I'll just tend towards a no.

That said, we now have a giant robot falling out of the sky. Where do I put it? :smallbiggrin: (Not the town please. Let's keep this light-hearted.)

HalfTangible
2014-04-07, 08:25 AM
Seeing as only Purity responded, I'll just tend towards a no.

That said, we now have a giant robot falling out of the sky. Where do I put it? :smallbiggrin: (Not the town please. Let's keep this light-hearted.)

i dunno. Upside down in the middle of a road?

TheAmishPirate
2014-04-07, 11:19 AM

Two ideas:

1: A rude interruption of a private date between Icy and Fox. Although I'm tempted to leave them be just because they're so darn sweet together.

2: There is a giant falling object within a ten-mile radius of Sandy. Fate dictates that the fallout negatively affects him in the most circuitous and ill-fated way possible. :smallbiggrin:

Also, I am back for a few days! And then I am gone again this next weekend. XDX

EDIT: As I think about it, these two ideas are not mutually exclusive... :smallamused:

TheAmishPirate
2014-04-08, 12:02 PM
@Purity: Waiting on Night Jewel in the Backstage thread.

Grif
2014-04-08, 01:05 PM
Two ideas:
EDIT: As I think about it, these two ideas are not mutually exclusive... :smallamused:

They kinda are. Given that Icy and Fox are somewhere in the outskirts of town. :smalltongue:

TheAmishPirate
2014-04-08, 01:10 PM
They kinda are. Given that Icy and Fox are somewhere in the outskirts of town. :smalltongue:

Bah! You are not thinking unlucky enough! After all, does a robot fall without debris? Are there no birds startled by the sudden impact? There's all manner of things that can start a chain of increasingly improbable dominos to fall upon poor Sandy's noggin. :smallbiggrin:

Merellis
2014-04-10, 06:06 PM
Gaaaaaaaah. :smallfurious:

I am pissed at myself over this. Post will be up tonight because damn am I letting the lot of you down with this.

Grif
2014-04-15, 11:06 AM
The assailant just laughed, a hollow, mirthless laugh and rolled with the punches, not caring that his ribs were breaking, jaw dislodged, the whites of his eyes now red.

The kitchen staff began to funnel out, trying to make their way out of the kitchen in barely contained panic. The leader of the cultists just watched, expression dead, weary, tired, finished as she began to mouth something.

From the chaos there was a loud sharp and shrill electronic whistle. Bright white light emanated from one of the cabinets underneath of the several sinks, poking through the cracks. Some ponies stopped to cover their ears, some started to push and shove.

BOOOOOOOOOOM

Benson, is this an actual explosion? I'm just making sure. If so, how big is it?

TheAmishPirate
2014-04-16, 08:09 PM
Benson, is this an actual explosion? I'm just making sure. If so, how big is it?

@HalfTangible: You may want to wait until Benson answers this question. You might have more time to act.

@Purity & MCerberus: Waiting on you in the Game of Ponies thread.

Will be posting in the Backstage thread later tonight as well.

Benson
2014-04-18, 04:22 AM

It is, babooming and all, pretty big, a room leveling, possible death making if quick actions are not taken.

TheAmishPirate
2014-04-18, 10:47 AM
It is, babooming and all, pretty big, a room leveling, possible death making if quick actions are not taken.

Basically, it is in the act of exploding, but there is time for quick actions.

Grif
2014-04-18, 11:08 AM
Basically, it is in the act of exploding, but there is time for quick actions.

Just what I needed. :smalltongue:

Also, what should we name our next OOC thread? Was there a method to our names?

Kelvin360
2014-04-18, 04:57 PM
I think they've supposed to rhyme. So...Changeling Hive?

Lycan 01
2014-04-18, 10:30 PM
Hm...

Chupacabra Candelabra

Critical Chimera

Miniature Minotaur

Minotaur Madness

Hoppin' Hippogrif

Jinxed Sphinx

Headless Horsemare

Demonic Dabbling

And because punny references are always nice...

The Fifth Element

TheAmishPirate
2014-04-25, 03:52 PM
Will make a new OOC thread and get caught up in ponygames tomorrow. Real life is beating my face in the last couple of days. x_X

Grif
2014-04-30, 11:54 AM
While waiting for Amish to unbusy himself and what not...

*poke!*

How are you guys?

Kelvin360
2014-04-30, 03:48 PM
Finally getting to work on my alt-itis problem. It's not exactly cold turkey, but I think it'll do. Maybe when the battle ends our planning will allow me to have a reasonable number of mains for once. :smalltongue:

MCerberus
2014-04-30, 04:07 PM
Speaking of alts, I just thought of something.

If I'm going to bring a pony onto the Cirrus crew it could be Finder, the unicorn gunslinger/buff magician. That option could help the cirrus "we need more unicorns and medics" problem and Finder wouldn't be crippling out of practice with his magic, which was his issue in FO:E

PurityIcekiller
2014-04-30, 05:15 PM
I've been busy with classes lately. I'll try to get a post up shortly, and possibly Violetta's profile if I can find the time.

Grif
2014-05-01, 01:44 AM
Finally getting to work on my alt-itis problem. It's not exactly cold turkey, but I think it'll do. Maybe when the battle ends our planning will allow me to have a reasonable number of mains for once. :smalltongue:

Hopefully. :smalltongue:

Speaking of alts, I just thought of something.

If I'm going to bring a pony onto the Cirrus crew it could be Finder, the unicorn gunslinger/buff magician. That option could help the cirrus "we need more unicorns and medics" problem and Finder wouldn't be crippling out of practice with his magic, which was his issue in FO:E

That might work. More crew is always good! Though we'll need to look into easing the current conundrum of the Cirrus Crew having a screen freeze in the current Misc Adventure thread.

I've been busy with classes lately. I'll try to get a post up shortly, and possibly Violetta's profile if I can find the time.

That's good to hear. Remember, real-life always takes priority!

MCerberus
2014-05-02, 12:39 AM
That might work. More crew is always good! Though we'll need to look into easing the current conundrum of the Cirrus Crew having a screen freeze in the current Misc Adventure thread.

I suppose it's up to the captain whether they need a special ops security mare that will inevitably lose a lot of fights despite being really good at sword fighting in order to show JUST HOW SERIOUS the situation is. or a more reserved stallion with a half-developed Dodge Junction accent to deadpan when necessary and remind ponies of his lack of expertise in working miracles.

Grif
2014-05-02, 01:01 AM
I suppose it's up to the captain whether they need a special ops security mare that will inevitably lose a lot of fights despite being really good at sword fighting in order to show JUST HOW SERIOUS the situation is. or a more reserved stallion with a half-developed Dodge Junction accent to deadpan when necessary and remind ponies of his lack of expertise in working miracles.

Staffing choices are not up to Gear, despite what she may think. :smallwink:

Merellis
2014-05-08, 07:36 AM
No real way to explain my absence beyond stress getting to me and me deciding to run away.

Last day of my work week is today, been talking to Grif and Amish and will be getting back to posting starting tonight. As well as setting a schedule to keep up with posts and with all my other duties.

My apologies for the issues I've caused here so far. Especially to those of you stuck waiting on me.

If any of you use IRC, I'm usually on #ponythread and on Skype, and on Steam. So hit me up and we can go over some things to get this part finished up. :smallsmile:

TheAmishPirate
2014-05-08, 09:10 PM
And I, in turn, am working hard at the various things cropping up in my life, and with any luck should be back to managing soon enough. Or at least, directing soon enough.

Grif
2014-05-09, 02:24 PM
Have we agreed on a new thread title yet?

PurityIcekiller
2014-05-09, 10:50 PM
"Egocentric Changeling Hive", maybe?

Kelvin360
2014-05-09, 11:05 PM
^ *great-minds-think-alike-five*

Merellis
2014-05-12, 09:40 PM
Part One of update is finished, started with Dive and the Hospital duo. Doing Guardhouse tomorrow evening, then gate on Wednesday, unless tomorrow goes better than planned.

Lycan 01
2014-05-13, 12:18 AM
Okay wow yeah that might actually surprise Prose just a tiny bit maybe. :smalleek:

Grif
2014-05-13, 01:09 AM
"Egocentric Changeling Hive", maybe?

There we go. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?348235-FWM-OOC-5-Egocentric-Changeling-Hive)

LibraryOgre
2014-05-20, 09:50 AM
The Mod Wonder: Closed for Length. Restart if you haven't already.