PDA

View Full Version : Throw ability?

Lord Xaedien
2006-11-11, 10:11 PM
I am designing a ten level prestige class based on Aikido, and a big ability is going to be a "throw" ability, where the character can throw another player he has grappled. I am torn as to how exactly I would like to do this mechanic, and I believe some one else has to have done this before, ad I was curious if anyone could share some collective wisdom. thanks!!

TheOOB
2006-11-11, 10:36 PM
Treat the throw just like a bull rush except that you don't have to move with your target to move them more then 5'

knightsaline
2006-11-11, 10:49 PM
make it so that you can throw teammates if they willingly want to. . treat it like a charge that doesn't matter about terrain (since they are almost flying). weapons readied against a charge deal the multiplied damage as normal and a thrown rouge can sneak attack the target. imagine a fastball special in D&D

averagejoe
2006-11-11, 11:37 PM
http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20050315a

Look near the bottom.

Triaxx
2006-11-12, 12:41 PM
I wonder if this could be used a bit more offensively with teammates... Basically equip character A with a throwing spear, and grab him with B. B throws him say 20ft. and at 15ft. the thrown character launches his spear an additional 20ft.

Khantalas
2006-11-12, 02:54 PM
If you have Oriental Adventures, and downloaded the errata, the feats Great Throw and Defensive Throw are nice enough. Earth's Embrace is fine, too, to represent locks where you can break your uke's arm. God, that hurts.

Although to completely represent every single nage is hard enough, let alone all the other techniques. The closest thing I have right now is a Swordsage with Setting Sun manuevers. I am eagerly waiting for your class.

Behold_the_Void
2006-11-12, 03:17 PM
Also remember that Aikido is based a lot of turning the momentum of an enemy against them. It should have some abilities that can be used against enemies that are charging or bullrushing you.