PDA

View Full Version : Geomancer Suggestions

ZamielVanWeber
2013-03-01, 02:07 AM
So I love the geomancer to death, Complete Divine was my 3rd splat book, and I have been working on ways to try to use them a little more efficiently. As an idea, Sha'ir can qualify easily for the casting requirement and the cosmopolitan feat can fix the Knowledge (nature) requirement.

My two questions are how do I go from Sha'ir 4/Geomancer 10 and what races would be interesting to get in? Aside from the basic +1 feat races, I have pondered Hellbred (Spirit Path) and Warforged (although that Cha penalty is giving me some issue).

Vaz
2013-03-01, 07:14 AM
Have a look in the last but one Iron Chef Challenge, there were several suggestions there on how to use Geomancer.

I cannot say for Shair, as I didn't personally use it, I went for WuJen/Archivist entry instead, getting the ability to use every spell in the game. Use Incantatrix, Body Outside Body and Archmage SLA wish to then break the game.

Race wise: I find Neraph to be the best race, due to LA0 outsider PAO fun.

Charisma benefits stem from Lesser Aasimar. Out of the two you mentioned, you won't ever want to drop DC's on your spells.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-03-01, 08:43 AM
So I love the geomancer to death, Complete Divine was my 3rd splat book, and I have been working on ways to try to use them a little more efficiently. As an idea, Sha'ir can qualify easily for the casting requirement and the cosmopolitan feat can fix the Knowledge (nature) requirement.

My two questions are how do I go from Sha'ir 4/Geomancer 10 and what races would be interesting to get in? Aside from the basic +1 feat races, I have pondered Hellbred (Spirit Path) and Warforged (although that Cha penalty is giving me some issue).

That's the 3.0 version of the feat. It was updated in the Player's Guide to Faerun to provide a +2 bonus to Bluff, Gather Information and Sense Motive.

Kaje
2013-03-01, 08:44 AM
I very much enjoy Sword of the Arcane Order Mystic Ranger as an entry for Geomancer.

ZamielVanWeber
2013-03-01, 12:24 PM
That's the 3.0 version of the feat. It was updated in the Player's Guide to Faerun to provide a +2 bonus to Bluff, Gather Information and Sense Motive.

Well shoot. Is there any feat the duplicates its 3.0 effect?

Also the ranger entry block me out until L11. I was hoping for something earlier.

Fouredged Sword
2013-03-01, 12:28 PM
Planer touchstone can do it at level 6 for ether the plant or knowledge domain.

ZamielVanWeber
2013-03-01, 12:31 PM
Planer touchstone can do it at level 6 for ether the plant or knowledge domain.

Does it grant ranks or a bonus? Also, I assume this would be in Planar Handbook?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-03-01, 12:46 PM
Education feat (Eberron Campaign Setting) grants all Knowledge skills as class skills, unfortunately, it's first level only.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-03-01, 12:58 PM
Geomancer was an Iron Chef a little while ago. I came up with a build, but never got round to writing it up.

Savage Bard 6/Urpriest 3/Geomancer 1 (Advacing Ur-Priest)/Sublime Chord 1/Geomancer 9 (Advancing both in the following pattern: SC, UR, SC, UR, SC, UR, SC, UR, SC)

Net result? 7th level Arcane and Divine Spells. Drawn from the Wizard/Cleric lists respectively.

ZamielVanWeber
2013-03-01, 01:34 PM
That is pretty crazy (okay, amazing), but I honestly tend not to branch out quite so much in my builds. I do have a partial obsession with flavor and a small compulsion to try finish PrCs.