PDA

View Full Version : 3.PF "Dragon" for BBEG, please help

Talentless
2013-03-01, 02:59 AM
Sadly, my table is all better at optimization than I am, the only reason I'm running the game is because I am the only one with enough spare time to put together encounters and flesh out the parts of the world they are in. They've all agreed not to break the campaign, and are playing T3s

So, since I have limited OP fu, so I am turning to the Playground for some help building the BBEG's Butler.

I don't have any particular build per say as I have a list of abilities and skills he needs to have, and if you guys could post ideas to flesh him out as we go, that would help a lot.

While i could certainly Rule 0 a lot of this list, the less I actually have to, the better.

Be an intelligent undead with as low a LA as can be wrangled
Have 4 iterative attacks and pounce but no barbarian
Sneak Attack
If I could fit gish onto this build, that would be nice, but if not I'll just UMD up some buffs instead.
Profession: Butler and Stealth are the only two required skills, all the others are up in the air.

I'd like him to be a hard challenge for an 11-12th level party of 5.

He also has some items I would like opinions on.

A Lantern (Technically an everlasting wand) of Darkness. I'd like it to to be a Fog/Mist generator with the same effect as Darkness but i'm not exactly sure if there is a spell. If not, i can just fluff it as really creepy mist with Rule 0. (Is this a workable idea? My players do not have access to true seeing, which helps, but i'm worried that it might still have too many counters)

A string of bone fetishes and charms that provides at will swift action Ghost Sound. (What would the price on this item be? Does the 64k GP from the rough calculation sound right? 4*8*2000)

My idea for him in combat is to start generating the fog before they encounter him, then using stealth skills to sneak up on them while using his ghost sound item to copy the sound of his gear and the bone charms/fetishes moving around in multiple different paths and locations, both inside and outside the mist.

So, is this a workable idea? And if not, what would be the best way to provide such a challenge?