PDA

View Full Version : Possible Alignment fix

motoko's ghost
2013-03-01, 09:13 AM
I've been working on creating a new RPG and while I want players to be able to play something like a paladin(a pure soul striking down the evils of the world) I've heard of (and had) difficulties with the traditional D&D style of alignment when it comes to this (also it doesn't really fit the tone of the game anyways).

Anyway I was wondering if whether a system like nWoD's morality would allow this while avoiding the problem.

Sorry if this makes no sense.

Frozen_Feet
2013-03-01, 09:59 AM
You don't need an overarching aligment for paladin-type characters. Just make such characters follow Bushido, Scout Law or code of chivalry, and penalize them for failing to heed it.

Any sufficiently strict code of honor will do, really.

Frathe
2013-03-01, 01:34 PM
If you want them to be punished for breaking their code of behavior (real world knights and samurai often got away with not following their respective codes) you could have them:

a. Banished from their order.

b. Lose their powers (a little like a D&D paladin "falling").

motoko's ghost
2013-03-03, 04:34 AM
Thanks for the feedback, what I think I'll end up doing is;

Character has to follow a code of conduct
Breaking it leads to expulsion from the order (i.e cannot advance in that class until atonement is made for their actions)
Breaking it sufficiently and/or repeatedly enough, the order might not just permanently kick you out, but also place bounties and/or send members after you to bring you to justice.