PDA

View Full Version : PF orcs

Harugami
2013-03-01, 07:21 PM
Can a half orc take orc archetypes and vise versa? my logic behind it is yes because they are both technically orcs but does that qualify half orcs for human archetypes as well? If I say yes to one I have to say yes to both but logically it does fit I'm so conflicted. Clarification please?

Daftendirekt
2013-03-01, 08:03 PM
Can a half orc take orc archetypes and vise versa? my logic behind it is yes because they are both technically orcs but does that qualify half orcs for human archetypes as well? If I say yes to one I have to say yes to both but logically it does fit I'm so conflicted. Clarification please?

Yes. Half-Elves and Half-Orcs can both take human-only feats/archetypes/etc. Half-Elves can take Elf-only stuff. Half-Orcs can take Orc-only stuff.

Bhaakon
2013-03-01, 08:21 PM
I wonder about the vise versa part of the question. I don't believe that orcs can take half-orc specific feats/archetypes, nor elves take half-elf ones.

Daftendirekt
2013-03-01, 08:28 PM
I wonder about the vise versa part of the question. I don't believe that orcs can take half-orc specific feats/archetypes, nor elves take half-elf ones.

Probably not, although I do not know for sure.

Squirrel_Dude
2013-03-01, 08:33 PM
I wonder about the vise versa part of the question. I don't believe that orcs can take half-orc specific feats/archetypes, nor elves take half-elf ones.I would say no.

The reason half-orcs can take the orc racial archetypes is because of the orc blood rules that counts them as both humans and orcs for effects related to race. The same can be said of half-elves. There is no such rule that exists for Orc or Elves.

Harugami
2013-03-01, 08:46 PM
so neither orcs nor humans can take half orc archetypes even if they were raised by the other? so I could be a halforc scarred witchdoctor if I was raised by humans, but I cant be a human scarred witch doctor even if I was raised from birth by a clan of orcs? seems kinda weird to me from a RP perspective

whoops that's wrong I ment to say orc skulking slayer

Bhaakon
2013-03-01, 08:59 PM
Humans are special, because the racial heritage feat allows them to qualify as another race for feats, spells, etc. (it doesn't specifically allow them to take racial archetypes from that race, but it arguably falls under the etc.)

There's also the adopted trait, but that only allows you to counts as another race for traits.