PDA

View Full Version : PF/3.5 Homebrew Blitz Attack Feat PEACH

Sylthia
2013-03-01, 07:39 PM
Intended for use with Pathfinder or 3.5

Blitz Attack
Prerequisites: Dodge, Mobility, Run
Effect: A full attack is a standard action, rather than a full-round action. Each attack, including the first, is made at a -4 penalty.

Improved Blitz Attack: As Blitz Attack, but the penalty is reduced to -2.

Greater Blitz Attack: As Improved Blitz Attack, but the penalty is reduced to 0.

(I'm looking for a simple way to buff martial characters a bit. Does this look overpowered, underpowered, any major balance issues?)

Jota
2013-03-01, 10:27 PM
The primary issue with this, as with other feat-based attempts to do the same thing, is that you are asking characters to sink feats into things to be more competitive. This makes them less simultaneously less and more competitive as they both build some options and shut others out, which creates a questionable net gain. This is especially true in your case because you force characters to take Dodge, Mobility, and Run, which aren't the greatest feats.

If you really want to offer a flat vertical power boost to melee characters as opposed to expanding their options for vertically increasing their power, you should use house rules. Another possibility is condensing all your power boosts into one feat (and offer the boosts when a new iterative attacks is gained, perhaps), so that you aren't asking a character to spend six feats to be able to make full attacks and move in the same turn.

Sylthia
2013-03-02, 12:46 AM
Yeah, it's kinda feat heavy. The prereqs are similar to those for Spring Attack, and I added Run, since this seems more powerful than Spring Attack.

As I houserule it currently, it's only one feat, not 3, but I'm trying to find the right balance. Thanks for the feedback.