PDA

View Full Version : Agile weapon, and double slice

What
2013-03-02, 08:21 AM
I made a rogue with high dex, and 8 strength. I have two agile daggers, and was wondering if this feat works with agile weapons. One of the other players say it does not, but I do not see why.

Double Slice : Add your Strength bonus to damage rolls made with your off-hand weapon.

Agile weapon property: A wielder with the Weapon Finesse feat can choose to apply her Dexterity modifier to damage rolls with the weapon in place of her Strength modifier.

Thanks in advance.

Greenish
2013-03-02, 08:49 AM
It's not that well written, but looking at the "normal" section of Double Slice, it seems the intent was for it to allow you to apply 1x your Str bonus instead of 0.5 as normal, but since Agile replaces that bonus, it'd have no effect.

Isn't this a moot point since you don't have a Str bonus to apply, though? :smallamused:

darklink_shadow
2013-03-02, 08:49 AM
Feat: "Do x in situation Y"
Magic item: "Do Z instead of X."

Conclusion: Do Z in situation Y.

I feel like my logic is not faulty, so you should be able to do this, no problem both RAW and RAI.

EDIT: If you are trying to get your dex to your offhand twice, it wouldn't work. DS makes your weapon deal STR instead of STR/2. So agile is replacing one or the other. Not allowing a double application of DEX.

What
2013-03-02, 03:45 PM
I have a 22 dex, with an agile weapon in main hand i am dealing 6 from my dex, instead of -1. in my offhand i am currently dealing 3 damage instead of -1. If i got double slice, I was hoping to be dealing 6 with offhand attacks as well.. just was not sure if it was okay with the rules as they are written.

Thanks again for the info.

What